El Punto Reviews

Avenida Coba Esquina Mercurio, Tulum, Mexico

Amazing hostel! Quiet, close to town, clean, free bikes to get around and to the beach (to hire is an extra 80 pesos in town-great value). Would recommend for anyone looking for somewhere more chilled out. Also suitable for families (kid appropriate bike options available), but not full of kids! Dorm room was a mix of bunk and singles all w fly nets. Staff are lovely- be sure to ask them for tips on visiting the Cenotes cheaply! Wifi is perfect! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Arrived at night to find the "24-hour reception" deserted, but the doors all wide open and a stranger urinating in the garden. ZERO security here - I could walk into the dorm. I found a bed on a mezzanine above the reception area and lay down there to await a staff member. The next morning (!) I eventually found somebody and checked in. He told me I'd be staying in the same bed (not in a room - no walls, no privacy). He was very rude (actually told me he didn't care). Dreadful service. I left.

Nice hostel, we liked the free bikes!

Stayed for 2 nights at El Punto, and we loved every minute! The hostel is a bit out of city centre, but with the free bikes they offer, a trip to town/beach/ruins were all done under 20minutes. I was a bit disappointed that I could not borrow one of their computers to do a backup of my photos to a memory stick. However, on the day of departure we were allowed to both borrow a bike, shower, and kitchen while we waited for our onward bus, even though it was way after checkout!! Would recommend!!😃

Great All Round!