El Refugio Hostel Reviews

Calle de Cerillo, Cartajima, Ronda, Spain

The two days in the Refugio Catajima were absolutely nice. Catajima is outside of Ronda and if you like to explore spanish countryside and it`s real life it`s the ideal place to stay. Botz prepares the most delicious dinner ever. To enjoy it on the roof terrace with a glass 'Tinto de verano' and a stunning view over the valley is the best after a long day hiking. I definitely can recommend this place!

If you are looking for a 5 star hostel expierence, this is not the place. However, if you want to dig into the deep atmosphere of old spain and stay in a 300 year old cottage, this is the place you want to stay. To be honest at first I thought I was going to the boonies, but when I met Botts and he told me the history and took me around the town, I fell in love with its charm. Botts was an amazing host. He is a great tour guide, story teller and hiker. If you like to do out door activites. Book

• 2nd Jun 2014

A great place to stay! It's a 300 year old house in a beautiful small village. The hostel has a very friendly atmosphere and is perfectly situated to visit the pueblos blancos.

• 2nd May 2014

What a fantastic place! Stunning area, so much to do! Botz is the best host, we felt like we were staying with an old friend! I'll be going back when i'm next in the area.

• 1st May 2014

Lovely location, ideal for hiking and biking! Botz made the trip memorable.

• 30th Apr 2014

Extremely good place if you like hiking on the mountains (short or long hikes) and it is also a short distance from Ronda. The owner is also a really nice and funny person to hang out with and he can give advises about the hikes.