El Refugio Hostel

9.6
Superb 329 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

Didnt stay here but they were flexible with my cancellation which is always nice :)

11th Apr 2017

Nice place in a small village in the mountains, a bit away from Ronda. Perfect place to get away from the hassle/stress and chill for a while! The host is a really nice and interesting person and awesome to talk to, so go there you wont regret it!!

11th Mar 2017

Most cozy and wonderful hostel I have ever been to. The view is priceless from the roof. Our host was quite friendly, and cooked a fantastic breakfast that was quite cheap. The hiking and the local pueblas are amazing to see and experience. I would go back in a heartbeat if we had time! Thanks Botz!

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

Great spot to hike and relax. Boltz is a great host and serves delicious meals!

29th Dec 2016

Charming old house in a quiet charming little town. Nice roof terrace with a beautiful view. Botz was a good host the short stay I was there, made me a good meal both in the evening and for breakfast, and I enjoyed having a beer with him by the fireplace. He also seemed really service-minded which I appreciated. (As a bonus it's also pretty close to the blue smurf village haha, which I drove through by accident after I left, if you feel like making your day slightly more absurd.)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th Dec 2016

When we booked, we had no idea where we were going but it turned out to be the perfect way to start our week in Spain. The village is tiny, seriously ancient and the actual house feels like it was built hundreds of years ago- all very charming. Botz made us feel very at home, is an excellent cook (and keeps his prices very decent!) And gave us great advice on a local hike/visit in the neighbour town. When compared to staying in Ronda, this place offers much more charm, calm and the "real deal".