El Refugio Hostel Reviews

Calle de Cerillo, Cartajima, Ronda, Spain

We stayed one night in Cartajima in the El Refugio. The Hostel has a very warm and authentic atmosphere with its wooden interior and unpretentious design. The Hostel ist located in a small village near Ronda. From the terrace on the rooftop you enjoy a scenic view over the valley. The Manager is very friendly and flexible. Despite we arrived at around 9 PM, he didn't hesitate to cook us a fantastic meal for a very reasonable price.

El Refugio de Cartajima is a great little hostel. The owner is nice and he'll take great care of you. Advise: if you want to do some trekking, it's a super place because the owner knows the region super well but don't do during summer 'cause it's too hot to walk and it's always better to have a care to move. The region is beautiful and there's a lot of treks to do, but it's easier to go to the "senteros" by car. Otherwise the hostel is great and it's a good place to rest.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed! It's all about atmosphere, having the feeling of staying at a friends house and relax. The host is an amazing guy and knows how to receive their guests. You can hike and go to a river near by. There's also transports from Ronda to Cartajima and you can eat really good as well - just ask the host, he'll help you to get around. I hope to have the chance to come back. Thanks!

The two days in the Refugio Catajima were absolutely nice. Catajima is outside of Ronda and if you like to explore spanish countryside and it`s real life it`s the ideal place to stay. Botz prepares the most delicious dinner ever. To enjoy it on the roof terrace with a glass 'Tinto de verano' and a stunning view over the valley is the best after a long day hiking. I definitely can recommend this place!

If you are looking for a 5 star hostel expierence, this is not the place. However, if you want to dig into the deep atmosphere of old spain and stay in a 300 year old cottage, this is the place you want to stay. To be honest at first I thought I was going to the boonies, but when I met Botts and he told me the history and took me around the town, I fell in love with its charm. Botts was an amazing host. He is a great tour guide, story teller and hiker. If you like to do out door activites. Book

• 2nd Jun 2014

A great place to stay! It's a 300 year old house in a beautiful small village. The hostel has a very friendly atmosphere and is perfectly situated to visit the pueblos blancos.

• 2nd May 2014

What a fantastic place! Stunning area, so much to do! Botz is the best host, we felt like we were staying with an old friend! I'll be going back when i'm next in the area.

• 1st May 2014

Lovely location, ideal for hiking and biking! Botz made the trip memorable.

• 30th Apr 2014

Extremely good place if you like hiking on the mountains (short or long hikes) and it is also a short distance from Ronda. The owner is also a really nice and funny person to hang out with and he can give advises about the hikes.