El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

A really good hostel. Does everything well. It has a lively open terrace on the roof but is otherwise quiet and is professionally run. Breakfast is good but the serving area a bit too smallsmallsmallsmall to be comfortable. Would recommend without hesitation.

Only one shower and not enough for one locker each, but neither of these turned out to be a problem. Very friendly atmosphere, but not crazy loud and was able to sleep easily. Staff bilingual but at my request made an effort to only speak to me in Spanish which was great!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Had a good stay at El Sol as it is in a great location. The staff was friendly and helped with some last minute changes we had to make. The building is cool

Excellent value. Simple, relatively clean and friendly hostel. Staff were all bilingual and well versed on BsAs. Small bar and band events were a special experience. Although no computer and some wifi dropouts, breakfast was much to be desired.

Nice hostel with a cool rooftop terrace. The breakfast was the standard fare but there was never a shortage of pastries. Great staff, very helpful. Limited lockers so I didn't get one ore my stay.

Friendly and helpful staff, great location, nice roof terrace. It's a shame there aren't enough lockers.

• 6th Mar 2015

We definitely got what we paid for. The rooms were pretty small, and the bathrooms were odd. (showers were above the toilet). Not in itself the greatest area, but easy to talk to plenty of places. Also, there isn't much common space to hang out.

Good value hostel with a great atmosphere for meeting other travellers. Location is good in the clean and safe neighborhood of recoleta. I really enjoyed the upstairs deck and the live music. Staff was very friendly. May get warm there mid summer due to no AC and the bathrooms could use some serious updating.

My room was a little bit noisy because of the street and cars passing by, they didn´t have enough lockers so my stuff had to stay in the room but the staff was really nice and helpfull. A simple breakfast but it´s fair for the price.

Great little hostel in Recoleta, which is a lovely area close to everything. Incredibly helpful staff, lockers available and the upstairs courtyard/bar is a nice space to relax. Would stay again.

Good hostel. Good location. Good breakfast. Pity for the small kitchen.

Really does Need a renovation no matter how old the building is. especially the bedrooms and bathrooms. Everything was ok but nothing overly amazing. I did find one bed bug on my last night but I flipped the bed over and couldn't find any more so I decided not to report it! Something to keep in mind though. Cleaning was generally good though.

Everything is good, I liked it I would defintely stay next time I come to buenos aires

very nice hostel in a classy neighborhoud. good athmosphere and the staff make you feel at home immediately

staff is very friendly and helpful, wifi works well, they give you towels and linens. good location, close to everything. pretty clean, i've stayed twice now and would stay again, mostly because of the people i met at the hostel. very chill vibe and relaxed. good atmosphere to meet people.

One of my favourite hostels from my whole trip. Characterful building, with rooms that vary in their styles. Friendly atmosphere in which it's easy to get to know people. Pleasant roof terrace and little bar, though you can also bring in outside alcohol. Mostly helpful, professional staff. Nice resident cat. Good location in an upmarket area with plenty of shops, restaurants and bars. The kitchen and bathrooms could do with updating, but are clean. The bigger dorms have their own balconies.

Very attentive staff, excellent localizacion and good prices!!

• 1st Jan 2015

The hostel is in very good location right next to the cemetery.. Palermo is a quick cab ride away for fun night life.. Breakfast is great but it's the same everyday. The bathrooms were bit messy and kitchen is small but has all the necessary stuff to make dinner. Def check out the rooftop bar they have good happy hour specials. #lovezuki

The 3 bed room on the top floor (aka the storage room) was horrible. It was way up on the 4th floor of a building which has double storey floors. It was a tiny 3x3m room which held 3 beds (1 bunk and 1 normal). There was almost no walking space between beds. What's worse is that the room is super hot and a loud fan. And if that is not bad enough, it's only window is right above the bar which stays open till 3-4am each night so you will definitely not get a good night sleep. AVOID THIS ROOM.

Hey, guys! we are really sorry about your experience. We always try to accommodate our guests the best possible way, and try to put people who go to sleep early in quieter rooms. The bar is open until midnight during the week and until 1 a.m. at the weekends, and we stick to this schedule. We only wish you had told us about your inconveniences in person and had given us a chance to resolve the situation while you were here. Safe travels and enjoy your motorbike trip in Uruguay!

Good athmosphere with the bar upstairs. Very friendly and helpful staff. The cleanliness of the beds is however not perfect. The showever is in the same room as the toilet and cannot be closed off with a curtain. Bad soundproof for the rooms close to the entrance. Though overall good value for money.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels