El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

The room fans do nothing; it was unbearably hot.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when I came to stay at the hostel.

• 26th Jan 2016

This is a very nice Hostel! I do not know why others are complaining. Yes- The kitchen is small - omg! But it is well equipped and totally sufficent. Staff is very nice and helpful and the atmosphere is good (if you want to meet people here you can‚ if you want your peace and quiet you also can)! I totally recommend this Hostel!

Nice and helpful staff, good location, and great price.

• 18th Jan 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights. It is an ok place. Good communal areas and friendly staff. Loses a couple of points for the room we stayed in (3 bed room) was in pretty bad shape. The other larger dorms were in better condition. Also, take caution with the loos. If you are staying in the upper levels and need to take a dump make sure no one was in there immediately before you. The water pressure is poor and the cisterns take a long time to fill, so you may have trouble flushing your mess away.

Nice hostel quality for its price.

• 12th Jan 2016

Stayed here for two weeks in one of the dorms on the upper floor. The place is in a good location, not in the fancier Recoleta - a good thing I would say. Close to a lot of good and cheap places to eat. The atmosphere is good, with nice common areas. The staff is also generally very helpful and sympathetic. The rooms and facilities have seen better days though, and are of a below average standard. Also a lot of traffic noise, but I guess that's more of a Baires-problem.

If you are below 25 you might find it OK otherwise you have probanly seen too many places öike this.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

This is the third time I chose this hostel and there's a reason for it: I love it! The place itself looks like something pulled out of a fairy tale. This tall old house with a spiral staircase, the lovely terrace with the bar, the rooms, the people, the staff, all is great. The location is perfect, the price is very reasonable for the facilities (breakfast included, 24 hour reception, kitchen and more). I was there yesterday and I miss the place already, as well as Buenos Aires. Hope to go back!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

Tiny kitchen, very awkward. Tiny lounge/dining/breakfast room. Dorm that we stayed in had a lovely little balcony area but the doors to this balcony does not stay closed. 5 bathrooms over 3 floors. Not very clean and quite cramped. Very cool balcony bar on the 2nd floor though. Wobbly bunk beds, very thin pillows, awful bedroom security lockers (better ones in the corridor though). Good staff. Even though it's not great I would still stay there again - it's quite a charming place really

Incredible staff - very friendly with great English. Met some really fun people here. Hot water was variable, kitchen quite small, but pretty clean overall.

Positive suggestions: 1. Convert one of the bedrooms into a kitchen because the present kitchen is very small. 2. Use other bedding. I slept in a room that is right next to the bar. My nose and respiratory system tells me that the room had a sanity issue? Maybe there is mold or maybe I was smelling something in the covers. I stayed at a hostel already that had a pillow case type sheet on the cover. I like this method because it greatly decreases the chances of the covers getting polluted.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels