El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

Nice staff who are very helpful but the hostel didn't have much going on. Our room was right next to the bar so many nights we had music blaring till 12 oclock, there were cockroaches in our room. However when told it was cold they did provide us with more blankets and heater. Chill place but not much of an atmosphere.

Buena onda..

The room was great (single private) but the bathrooms are so-so, because there is no shower basin and water gets everywhere. Staff was helpful and the location was good.

Paid for a private room with bathroom for my partner and I for a week which equated to a big closet with see through doors, fold out bed and a shower, toilet in one and no internet wifi. One light in the corner of the room which did not work and caused us to get an eye infection. The shower suddenly stop using hot water and caused us to catch a cold. The private room is outside of the bar which plays late and caused us to have no sleep. Spent the rest of our trip recovering from the hostel.

Just one toilet working in whole hostel???????. Beside that, one man come to sleep in my room at 5 am, without luggage, just because he was passing by. That doesn't makes you feel safe! The hostel should be for people traveling not for drunk local people trying to find something else after a party. So bad!!! Of course, I left the hostel at the first morning!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Great location, walkable to the graveyard. Be aware they have an adorable cat.

The staff was always helpful no matter what my needs were. They frequently have bands or singers in their bar/terrace area, so if you need a quiet place to sleep early over the weekend, this may not be the best for you. If that doesn't bother you, the performers were free and always quite talented. Plus their drink prices were cheaper than going out! They often needed toilet paper...

Common room is small and not all the showers had hot water. The building was a bit cold too.

The hostel is really close to avenida 9 de julio, hence to all the main sights. The staff always helped us with whatever we needed like transfer to the airport, tickets to Montevideo,.. the hostel includes a bar where u can have nice evenings and they have a lot of bathrooms. unfortunately the kitchen is really small and not that clean but the breakfast is really good with a lot of sweets. the bed in the six bed dorms were really instable that i was sometimes afraid it would break when i turned.

A very relax atmosphere with very cooperative people for a reasonable price.

• 10th May 2014

Good hostel, with a good ratio quality/price. The location is great and very safe (something very important in Buenos Aires). More valuable for people spending just a few days in BA and looking for a place to rest. The staff was always kind and helpful. The facilities are very old but conserved.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Loved it there, hope to return soon!

• 8th Apr 2014

really good and helpfull staff, friday and saturday often music in the Loona Bar on rooftop....if your room is upstairs it could be quiet loud as the bar is literally next to you and the walls feel like made from paper in terms of accustic isolation....try empanadas directly vis avis the entrance and the asado on the right hand side if you drop out the entrance (2nd one)

Great location, friendly staff, hostel quite old but great atmosphere

Ok hostel. The roof top bar is nice, except the staff just congregate drinking and playing music (bad music) so loud its hard to enjoy a conversation or anything up there. Only one shower with hot water which services the hostel which is unacceptable. Tiny kitchen (fits one person at best) and the breakfast/TV room fits maybe 4 ppl at best. Swapping the reception area with the TV room would definitely provide some space.

The staff is very friendly, Location is very good!

I'll try to be as objective as I can, since I stayed there after a long flight so I was in need of a huge nap and a place to feel at ease. Liked the overall security (doorbell, locked room for luggage)- 1st impression: of disappointment. Had to climb 3 stairs (really loaded) and my room was next to guests playing loud music, but neither was staff's fault!.Poor breakfast (fruit would improve it) Prices are ok-affordable. Staff is nice. Location is perfect. Neither bad nor good experience.

I only stayed one night at this hostel and the first felling I got was "This place definitely needs a huge renovation" The staff was alright but not amazing as normally they are in the hostels I happen to stay. Another thing they should do is advertise the fact they have a cat indoors. This is very common allergen for many many people and I was unable to hang out in some of the common areas. I don't think they should get rid of the cat, just let people know they have one before they book.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels