El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

This was my least favorite hostel I've stayed in. It was the middle of winter and they left the doors open and didn't turn on the heat. The bathrooms were also limited and not well kept - they could use some hooks and maybe a place to put your clothes and towel while you showered. Kitchen is very, very small. Rooms were also kinda dirty and small common area. Would not recommend it. The people I met weren't that fun either.

The hostel wasn't very clean, and the bunk beds were awful, honestly. the mattresses looked like they were 20 years old, and they weren't very comfortable. The way the bathrooms are set up is really strange, but they do advertise it on their page, so I was already expecting that. On the upside, the staff is friendly enough and the location is very nice. Not the best hostel I've ever stayed at, but not the worst either.

An overall good hostel. The breakfast was pretty basic (coffee, tea, rolls and pastries) and the kitchen was tiny, but the staff were nice and helpful. Good location--not too far from the nearest metro. The floors of our room were kind of dirty when we arrived, but they cleaned them on the day I left and everything else was clean.

The hostel was grea! In my opinion, they should rebuild it because it is very old. The bar should be more active with parties to engage the people.

Good hostel, cheap and centrally located, and nice staff, but the hostel is very much a get what you pay for situation. Very good for a backpacker looking for very cheap accommodation in buenos aires. There is a bar upstairs which is pretty noisy until early in the morning on the weekends.

A really good hostel. Does everything well. It has a lively open terrace on the roof but is otherwise quiet and is professionally run. Breakfast is good but the serving area a bit too smallsmallsmallsmall to be comfortable. Would recommend without hesitation.

Only one shower and not enough for one locker each, but neither of these turned out to be a problem. Very friendly atmosphere, but not crazy loud and was able to sleep easily. Staff bilingual but at my request made an effort to only speak to me in Spanish which was great!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Had a good stay at El Sol as it is in a great location. The staff was friendly and helped with some last minute changes we had to make. The building is cool

Excellent value. Simple, relatively clean and friendly hostel. Staff were all bilingual and well versed on BsAs. Small bar and band events were a special experience. Although no computer and some wifi dropouts, breakfast was much to be desired.

Nice hostel with a cool rooftop terrace. The breakfast was the standard fare but there was never a shortage of pastries. Great staff, very helpful. Limited lockers so I didn't get one ore my stay.

Friendly and helpful staff, great location, nice roof terrace. It's a shame there aren't enough lockers.

• 6th Mar 2015

We definitely got what we paid for. The rooms were pretty small, and the bathrooms were odd. (showers were above the toilet). Not in itself the greatest area, but easy to talk to plenty of places. Also, there isn't much common space to hang out.

Good value hostel with a great atmosphere for meeting other travellers. Location is good in the clean and safe neighborhood of recoleta. I really enjoyed the upstairs deck and the live music. Staff was very friendly. May get warm there mid summer due to no AC and the bathrooms could use some serious updating.

My room was a little bit noisy because of the street and cars passing by, they didn´t have enough lockers so my stuff had to stay in the room but the staff was really nice and helpfull. A simple breakfast but it´s fair for the price.

Great little hostel in Recoleta, which is a lovely area close to everything. Incredibly helpful staff, lockers available and the upstairs courtyard/bar is a nice space to relax. Would stay again.

Good hostel. Good location. Good breakfast. Pity for the small kitchen.

Really does Need a renovation no matter how old the building is. especially the bedrooms and bathrooms. Everything was ok but nothing overly amazing. I did find one bed bug on my last night but I flipped the bed over and couldn't find any more so I decided not to report it! Something to keep in mind though. Cleaning was generally good though.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels