El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

Positive suggestions: 1. Convert one of the bedrooms into a kitchen because the present kitchen is very small. 2. Use other bedding. I slept in a room that is right next to the bar. My nose and respiratory system tells me that the room had a sanity issue? Maybe there is mold or maybe I was smelling something in the covers. I stayed at a hostel already that had a pillow case type sheet on the cover. I like this method because it greatly decreases the chances of the covers getting polluted.

This was my least favorite hostel I've stayed in. It was the middle of winter and they left the doors open and didn't turn on the heat. The bathrooms were also limited and not well kept - they could use some hooks and maybe a place to put your clothes and towel while you showered. Kitchen is very, very small. Rooms were also kinda dirty and small common area. Would not recommend it. The people I met weren't that fun either.

The hostel wasn't very clean, and the bunk beds were awful, honestly. the mattresses looked like they were 20 years old, and they weren't very comfortable. The way the bathrooms are set up is really strange, but they do advertise it on their page, so I was already expecting that. On the upside, the staff is friendly enough and the location is very nice. Not the best hostel I've ever stayed at, but not the worst either.

An overall good hostel. The breakfast was pretty basic (coffee, tea, rolls and pastries) and the kitchen was tiny, but the staff were nice and helpful. Good location--not too far from the nearest metro. The floors of our room were kind of dirty when we arrived, but they cleaned them on the day I left and everything else was clean.

The hostel was grea! In my opinion, they should rebuild it because it is very old. The bar should be more active with parties to engage the people.

Good hostel, cheap and centrally located, and nice staff, but the hostel is very much a get what you pay for situation. Very good for a backpacker looking for very cheap accommodation in buenos aires. There is a bar upstairs which is pretty noisy until early in the morning on the weekends.

A really good hostel. Does everything well. It has a lively open terrace on the roof but is otherwise quiet and is professionally run. Breakfast is good but the serving area a bit too smallsmallsmallsmall to be comfortable. Would recommend without hesitation.

OK hostel. Not much atmosphere when I was there. Kitchen facilities extremely cramped. Hangout lounge is tiny but there is a rooftop deck.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels