El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

If you are below 25 you might find it OK otherwise you have probanly seen too many places öike this.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

This is the third time I chose this hostel and there's a reason for it: I love it! The place itself looks like something pulled out of a fairy tale. This tall old house with a spiral staircase, the lovely terrace with the bar, the rooms, the people, the staff, all is great. The location is perfect, the price is very reasonable for the facilities (breakfast included, 24 hour reception, kitchen and more). I was there yesterday and I miss the place already, as well as Buenos Aires. Hope to go back!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

Tiny kitchen, very awkward. Tiny lounge/dining/breakfast room. Dorm that we stayed in had a lovely little balcony area but the doors to this balcony does not stay closed. 5 bathrooms over 3 floors. Not very clean and quite cramped. Very cool balcony bar on the 2nd floor though. Wobbly bunk beds, very thin pillows, awful bedroom security lockers (better ones in the corridor though). Good staff. Even though it's not great I would still stay there again - it's quite a charming place really

Incredible staff - very friendly with great English. Met some really fun people here. Hot water was variable, kitchen quite small, but pretty clean overall.

Positive suggestions: 1. Convert one of the bedrooms into a kitchen because the present kitchen is very small. 2. Use other bedding. I slept in a room that is right next to the bar. My nose and respiratory system tells me that the room had a sanity issue? Maybe there is mold or maybe I was smelling something in the covers. I stayed at a hostel already that had a pillow case type sheet on the cover. I like this method because it greatly decreases the chances of the covers getting polluted.

This was my least favorite hostel I've stayed in. It was the middle of winter and they left the doors open and didn't turn on the heat. The bathrooms were also limited and not well kept - they could use some hooks and maybe a place to put your clothes and towel while you showered. Kitchen is very, very small. Rooms were also kinda dirty and small common area. Would not recommend it. The people I met weren't that fun either.

The hostel wasn't very clean, and the bunk beds were awful, honestly. the mattresses looked like they were 20 years old, and they weren't very comfortable. The way the bathrooms are set up is really strange, but they do advertise it on their page, so I was already expecting that. On the upside, the staff is friendly enough and the location is very nice. Not the best hostel I've ever stayed at, but not the worst either.

An overall good hostel. The breakfast was pretty basic (coffee, tea, rolls and pastries) and the kitchen was tiny, but the staff were nice and helpful. Good location--not too far from the nearest metro. The floors of our room were kind of dirty when we arrived, but they cleaned them on the day I left and everything else was clean.

The hostel was grea! In my opinion, they should rebuild it because it is very old. The bar should be more active with parties to engage the people.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels