El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

I've had an excellent stay. Especially the staff was very helpful! Too bad I couldn't receive the WiFi signal in my room.

• 14th Nov 2014

Really great place, staff are helpful and friendly, the vibe is awesome. Both locals and travellers from all over, live music on weekends. Facilities are basic and bathrooms a bit awkward but thats not a big issue.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

very noisy.

Very good location with friendly staff

I was only planning on staying at El Sol for a couple of nights, but because of the incredible staff, accomodations, and congenial atmosphere (especially at the upstairs bar), I ended up staying for nearly a month! El Sol is an incredible hostal in the ideal location in Buenos Aires. I highly recommend it to every traveler I´ve seen since in South America!

• 17th Sep 2014

The room where we stayed was particularly old. There was no lock on the door and the beds were in bad shape. The lockers had no keys nor could we use locks on them as there was no support for it.

it's a very simple and small hostel, great for the price. they only have 3 bathrooms (two with shower) which are old but clean. there is a bar on the top floor with loud music at night, which is nice when you wanna enjoy it. the staff was nice and helpful with tips on public transport and things to do in the city.

Nice staff who are very helpful but the hostel didn't have much going on. Our room was right next to the bar so many nights we had music blaring till 12 oclock, there were cockroaches in our room. However when told it was cold they did provide us with more blankets and heater. Chill place but not much of an atmosphere.

Buena onda..

The room was great (single private) but the bathrooms are so-so, because there is no shower basin and water gets everywhere. Staff was helpful and the location was good.

Paid for a private room with bathroom for my partner and I for a week which equated to a big closet with see through doors, fold out bed and a shower, toilet in one and no internet wifi. One light in the corner of the room which did not work and caused us to get an eye infection. The shower suddenly stop using hot water and caused us to catch a cold. The private room is outside of the bar which plays late and caused us to have no sleep. Spent the rest of our trip recovering from the hostel.

Just one toilet working in whole hostel???????. Beside that, one man come to sleep in my room at 5 am, without luggage, just because he was passing by. That doesn't makes you feel safe! The hostel should be for people traveling not for drunk local people trying to find something else after a party. So bad!!! Of course, I left the hostel at the first morning!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Great location, walkable to the graveyard. Be aware they have an adorable cat.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels