El Sol Hostel de Recoleta Reviews

Marcelo T De Alvear 1590, Piso 2 (middle buzz), Buenos Aires, Argentina

Loved it there, hope to return soon!

• 8th Apr 2014

really good and helpfull staff, friday and saturday often music in the Loona Bar on rooftop....if your room is upstairs it could be quiet loud as the bar is literally next to you and the walls feel like made from paper in terms of accustic isolation....try empanadas directly vis avis the entrance and the asado on the right hand side if you drop out the entrance (2nd one)

Great location, friendly staff, hostel quite old but great atmosphere

Ok hostel. The roof top bar is nice, except the staff just congregate drinking and playing music (bad music) so loud its hard to enjoy a conversation or anything up there. Only one shower with hot water which services the hostel which is unacceptable. Tiny kitchen (fits one person at best) and the breakfast/TV room fits maybe 4 ppl at best. Swapping the reception area with the TV room would definitely provide some space.

The staff is very friendly, Location is very good!

I'll try to be as objective as I can, since I stayed there after a long flight so I was in need of a huge nap and a place to feel at ease. Liked the overall security (doorbell, locked room for luggage)- 1st impression: of disappointment. Had to climb 3 stairs (really loaded) and my room was next to guests playing loud music, but neither was staff's fault!.Poor breakfast (fruit would improve it) Prices are ok-affordable. Staff is nice. Location is perfect. Neither bad nor good experience.

I only stayed one night at this hostel and the first felling I got was "This place definitely needs a huge renovation" The staff was alright but not amazing as normally they are in the hostels I happen to stay. Another thing they should do is advertise the fact they have a cat indoors. This is very common allergen for many many people and I was unable to hang out in some of the common areas. I don't think they should get rid of the cat, just let people know they have one before they book.

I planned on staying just 3 night. Ended up being there over 2 weeks. Great hostel. Very nice and helpful staff. I speak no Spanish and was welcomed with open arms. I will never forget the good times and friends I made here. El Sol is a great place to stay and call home base while exploring the city. I can't wait to come back.

Thank you about nice visit!

Very nice and caring stuff that really helped me out of a jam. Will be eternally grateful.

Needs some renovations, but if you're looking for a place with ATMOSPHERE - that's the place! And the location gains advantages.

I loved everything! Good place and people... If i go to Argentina again, I'll stay there again!

• 1st Dec 2013

Location and staff was the best part. The cleanliness was questionable and the facilities themselves were old. A lot of the time they had plumbing problems and there was a lack of toilet paper. The breakfast was very weak and they usually ran out. They did end up replenishing it, but you had to wait about 30 min to get some food. The rooms were decent and beds were average.

This hostel needs definately renovation!

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Nice place in the center of BsAs - every interesting "barrio" like for instance San Telmo, the shopping malls La Florida and so on easy to reach by foot. Keyboard of the available computer with broken ALT-key - but he "arroba" still works with Shift-key ;-) Not as loud in the night as they suggest on their homepage - but I was there in November out of the season. I booked one single room near to the reception. Todo bien.

• 11th Nov 2013

There are better hostels in Bs As (regarding facilities, cleanliness and even location), but this one has a good atmosphere, it' s easy to meet people and it' s really cheap compared to other places.

The hostel stays in an old building so not all the facilities are beautiful but everything works properly and is clean. The location is the best! Is two blocks from the subway and in a great place in Recoleta, you can go to several places like restaurants, bars walking. The atmosphere is really nice and the staff is amazing! Julia, Olga and everyone else helped a lot to make the trip absolutely perfect! The price was fair and I never had to worry about my security or the security of my luggage.

• 31st Oct 2013

aside from the rooftop bar, the common area is basically non-existent. a tiny room for breakfast with a couch that is usually occupied by the hostel cat... wasn't an easy place to meet people, and definitely didn't lend to a comfortable stay.

awesome. cool people. nice location. no problems. good times

Overall, it was a good hostel. Pros: The breakfast was cool. There were live concerts at night. Cons:Not the cleaniest bathrooms neither the beds were extraordinary.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels