El Solar Hotel Reviews

Calle10a # 10-60, Villa de Leyva, Colombia

Upon making my booking 3 weeks in advance, the amount was wrong as additional taxes were applied when they shouldn't have. I emailed immediately, but no one responded. When we arrived, Marta (the owner) informed us that they had moved us to a cabana that was "close by". Turns out it was 10 minutes DRIVING. The whole reason we booked there was for the walkable location. We were stuck on a puente weekend at 6pm with nowhere to stay. Then I had to go by 3 times before I got my refund. Frustrating.

The best place we stayed in a 3 month trip if South America. Marta is lovely!

Wonderful stay, super value on street with no through traffic. A bit noisy at times from others inside hotel,as rooms face courtyard and sound carries. Clean and comfortable. My bathroom was missing towel rack and tp holder and lightbulbs are bare flourescents. Breakfast is coffee, milk,sliced toast, butter and small bowl of berries, it would be nice to add some cheese or yourt and maybe better bread witg all the panaderías in town! Still highly recommended, overall. Marta could not be any nicer

This hostel was great! The owner was the sweetest and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. An added bonus was that it had hot water, which is pretty rare in Colombia. Overall, one of the best places we stayed.

The only bad thing was that according to my booking breakfast was included which was not the case. Otherwise a great place to stay, hot showers, fresh rooms, good wifi. Nice omelette breakfast!

• 3rd Jan 2015