El Solar Hotel Reviews

Calle10a # 10-60, Villa de Leyva, Colombia

The reception staff was disorganized, had no information about the basic city places to see. They were very rude. The breakfast was served in bad quality plates, cups, etc. The service was also bad, they were rude, and disorganized. Really bad bad service

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

Hostel was very nice, more like a small guesthouse. I stayed in a a private room, with an okay bed and decent washroom. The hostel is very quiet and about a 5 minute walk from the main square. They didn't help with organization of tours which was the only downside. Also not a place to go if you want to party and meet other travellers, more so to relax.

Upon making my booking 3 weeks in advance, the amount was wrong as additional taxes were applied when they shouldn't have. I emailed immediately, but no one responded. When we arrived, Marta (the owner) informed us that they had moved us to a cabana that was "close by". Turns out it was 10 minutes DRIVING. The whole reason we booked there was for the walkable location. We were stuck on a puente weekend at 6pm with nowhere to stay. Then I had to go by 3 times before I got my refund. Frustrating.

View all Villa de Leyva Hotels