El Tuco Hostel

9.0
Superb 397 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
21st Aug 2017

Very good place to stay in Cusco, would recommend for anyone. Coco is a very friendly and informative host who will go out of his way to help you. About a 15min walk to main Plaza but that never bothered us. Very safe area to walk around and hostel has great security measures. My partner was up at 3am and Coco was there to let him out. My bus wasn't until 1830hrs and was able to store gear for free and use all facilities at the hostel until my bus. Fantastic place to stay and service!

• USA, Male, 25-30
10th Aug 2017

Great hostel for peace and quiet while I acclimatized for a trek! The team here is fantastic and very helpful.

8th Aug 2017

We stayed here the week before we went on the Inca Trail and the night we got back and they made everything so easy for us. They stored our luggage and everything felt really safe. Very friendly and helpful.

7th Aug 2017

Coco is a very gracious host and I had a very comfortable stay.

• amyesw9638
  • England, Female, 31-40
4th Aug 2017
7.1

The hostel is in a bit of a run down area but you can walk to the nice part of Cusco within 10 mins which was great. I feel it was good value for money but you get what you paid for. The shower had hot water but there is no heating whatsoever in the hostel so it can get very cold at night. They do provide you with blankets on the beds though so you don't notice too much. The only minor complaints I have are, the breakfast was very poor and you have to pay for a towel everyday if you need one

28th Jul 2017
7.7

Can't say much as I only stayed for the night. Decent beds, clean bathrooms, friendly staff. Location is a bit far from everything but appeared to be a relatively safe area.

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
3.4

My room was dark, damp and freezing cold. It had a window on to the laundry drying area so no natural light and the curtains were see-through. I papers, socks, scrunchies, a ball of hair sitting on the toilet and various stains on the sheets when I arrived. I asked to move to another room but the more expensive one shown was the same. I asked to leave giving 24 hours notice but was made to pay 3 and a half nights after staying 2. As you're locked into the hotel, I felt I had to pay to get out.

You don't know how help me with you review, THANK YOU for your amazing review, I'm sure all the people when read all the reviews understand that around the world you can find people so nice and "SPECIAL" like you, even when received all my help you can give, thanks a lot again.

• forest30
  • Israel, Female, 25-30
26th Jul 2017

The hostel is very good and katy, the lady in charge is very nice! There is hot water and the rooms are simple and clean. highly recommended

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
26th Jul 2017
6.6

Booked here last minute due to problem with alternative accommodation in Cusco.Only stayed one night.About a 15 min walk to plaza del armas.staff were friendly and helpful,well equipped kitchen. Bathroom was clean and hot water in shower. We found our twin room to be very dark, dusty and cold. Wanted to book a private room after long bus ride to Cusco and it was easily the most expensive one we've booked in Peru to date and overall we didn't feel we got value for money.

22nd Jul 2017
7.1

Average hostel which is good if you're a couple who needs a night or two in privacy. A bit far from main square compared to other hostels, and annoying that you can't get in or out of the place without always waiting for the staff. No good supermarkets nearby. Good beds and warm rooms. Helpful staff.

×