El Tuco Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 349 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th May 2017

I highly recommend Tuco hostel to everyone! The owners are incredibly nice and helpful (they organized all my taxis and gave me helpful tips to get around in Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu) and the hostel is very beautiful and clean, it feels just like a big home. The rooms are nice and big and get cleaned daily. Very close to Plaza des Armas, but in a quiet area so you can have very peaceful nights. Highly recommended for everyone going to Cusco!!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017

Nice owner, stayed in a single room with own bathroom, good size, comfy bed. Shower was very hot! The place feels like a huge home. Breakfast is simple, bread with jam and butter, coffee and varieties of tea. (Pay extra for eggs and pancakes). Kitchen is equipt to make your own food too. Stay here if you need to recover from treks, hardly any noise from the street at night. Defs not a party hostel, very quiet. Would stay again.

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
11th May 2017

Excellent hostel for those looking for a quiet nights sleep. Very helpful staff. Spacious clean room with ensuite bathroom and powerful hot shower. 5/10 minute walk to the centre of cusco. No complaints from us! Coco can help you plan any trip you want at a fair price which is helpful as lots of agencies in the town centre can overwhelm you!

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th May 2017

Owners are really friendly and welcoming! The room was comfortable and kitchen well equipped, we really enjoyed our stay here

• England, Couple, 31-40
8th May 2017

Had a perfect stay at El Tuco. Super secure, very chilled out which was perfect for us after a lot of hiking, very clean and only 10 mins walk to the main square. Coco and his wife were the perfect hosts.. friendly, always approachable, helpful and saw to our every need. They even stored our luggage for us while we were off trekking. I would highly recommend and would definitely return to El Tuco when I come back to Cusco. Thank you for everything!

8th Feb 2017
7.1

very quite! but clean and close to city

• mcgoulet6094
  • Canada, Female, 41+
27th Dec 2016
5.7

I don't get why this hostel has been rated so highly. I've been to equivalent hostels with a rate of 75-80 % recommendation elsewhere. Furniture and sheets are runned out. Cleanliness is Ok, but could be improved. There where hair inside my pillow case. Electricity is weird. Breakfast is a small bread, jam, and instant coffee or tea. We didn't meet Coco! Staff was polite, but not friendly or helpful. Reservation can't be modified once arrived. Even with notice of several days in advance.

Thank you for your review, I understand why another guest say diferent things about my hostel, maybe is because around the world there is an excellent people like you that go around the world saying that all the places are relly nice, THANK YOU RELLY and I think that every places love to have people like you.

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
9th Dec 2016
6.9

The kitchen is well equiped and clean. The breakfast is okay, you could buy more but I think the price was too high. The staff really wants to fix everything as fast as possible and is nice and friendly. The bed was good. You always have to wait until someones opening the door.The wifi was really slow(should have been fixed now, but we couldn't check).The shower was inconsistent and hard to handle.You don't get towels or soap (pay extra),and for this price you can be closer to centro historico

Thank you for your amazing comment, sometimes there are people so nice like you writing many things good like you for the soooo high rate, thak you really.

4th Dec 2016

I LOVE this place!!! Some of the things i liked the most: 1. Good quality to price ratio. For 16$ a night i felt i basically got a mini aprtment with a lot of privacy 2. The water in the shower was HOT (all the times), which felt vey different from the "warm" water i had in most other places 3. Owners are super nice and helpful 4. I like to cook my own meals to save money and the kitchen was big and great for cooking. 5. It is silent and the athmosphere is super relaxing

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
27th Nov 2016

It is a nice little place. It is not a party hostel or a great place to meet other travellers. But if you are looking for a nice place to stay with your travel partner than this would be a good option. It is walking distance from the center. They have very spacious rooms with a decent hot shower. The breakfast is very basic, but they have a kitchen which you can use. The owners are very nice and willing to help you with everything. I enjoyed my stay here and extended it too!