El Uru Hostel Reviews

great hostel with great people running the show!!

A great atmosphere, and great staff, nice and clean!

I really liked my stay in El Uru. The staff is great, they helped me a lot, what was hard, since the hostel was full. Frederico is an amaziing guy. The breakfast is simple, but the cofee quality is really good (brazilian cofee)! The hostel is a bit far from the beach, but it's very close to the bus station, so for me it was better, cause if you don't want to walk, there is a van that you can get to go to the beach.

Very nice atmosphere if you are young and looking to have fun. There was some little issues with hot water, you must avoid some evening hours when everybody wants to have a shower if you want to have hot water.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Uruguay

Outstanding staff in a quiet, peaceful place close to nature. I'll sure be back just to hang out with them and any other guests for a while longer!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Didn't really stay there because the only way to get to it was a sand road near the bus station, which is more than 3km from the beach. Luckly, I met some brazilians at the bus station and went to their hostel. Had to lose the reservations and was unable to cancel them because of the poor wi-fi signal in town.

- Only coffee and bread for breakfast - Have to pay for toilet paper (!) - Far away from the beach (3 km, 15 min walking) - Bad organization (they thought my bed was available and surprised me by putting another person on it)

• 26th Dec 2014

You don't book an explicit bed. Next time we recommend to make one booking for the whole group so we know which guests belong together and can organize the beds accordingly. Sorry for any further inconvenience.

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels