El Uru Hostel Reviews

Of all the hostels we have seen so far on our trip this is one we remembered. We spent some amazing days at the El Uru Hostel. Eventhough it is a little bit far away from the beach, this was not problem. There are bikes to ride to the beach, kind of adventourous bikes but even more fun that way. If you are looking for a peaceful and familiar atmosphere this is the place for you. It is also nice to see that the owner really cares about his hostel and you having a good time there.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

great hostel with great people running the show!!

A great atmosphere, and great staff, nice and clean!

I really liked my stay in El Uru. The staff is great, they helped me a lot, what was hard, since the hostel was full. Frederico is an amaziing guy. The breakfast is simple, but the cofee quality is really good (brazilian cofee)! The hostel is a bit far from the beach, but it's very close to the bus station, so for me it was better, cause if you don't want to walk, there is a van that you can get to go to the beach.

Very nice atmosphere if you are young and looking to have fun. There was some little issues with hot water, you must avoid some evening hours when everybody wants to have a shower if you want to have hot water.

Outstanding staff in a quiet, peaceful place close to nature. I'll sure be back just to hang out with them and any other guests for a while longer!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Didn't really stay there because the only way to get to it was a sand road near the bus station, which is more than 3km from the beach. Luckly, I met some brazilians at the bus station and went to their hostel. Had to lose the reservations and was unable to cancel them because of the poor wi-fi signal in town.

- Only coffee and bread for breakfast - Have to pay for toilet paper (!) - Far away from the beach (3 km, 15 min walking) - Bad organization (they thought my bed was available and surprised me by putting another person on it)

• 26th Dec 2014

You don't book an explicit bed. Next time we recommend to make one booking for the whole group so we know which guests belong together and can organize the beds accordingly. Sorry for any further inconvenience.

Really nice place but I think people from 20 to 25 years old will enjoy it more than a 30 year old person. It's near a disco but a bit far from the centre. The staff is cool. I think it´s great but for teenegers.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Hostel is relaxing, awesome friendly owners. Just bring great earplugs/eyemask if you intend to get any sleep in the big dorm as it's mostly locals holidaying from the neighbouring regions than backpackers, who either don't know or don't care about dorm etiquette. About 25 minutes walk to the main beach and 25 to a smaller quieter bay. 2 minutes to a tienda and milenesa. Really nice spot. Bring your ping pong skills!

Really nice atmosphere, great staff! Well equipped kitchen. Location: close to nightclub but 20 mins walk to the beach. What I didn`t like: Toilets. No toiletpaper is included (because it got stolen so often) - I think this problem should rather be solved by lockable dispensers, than that the guests have to buy rolls. For the rates that they ask for, I think it should definitely be included. Moreover the toilets only part the rest of the bathroom with shower curtains - no door.

The rooms were very close to the common area where they had parties (it was hard to sleep); There is no toilet paper in the bathroom; Wi-fi did not always work; Few sockets for the amount of people in the room; The bath water was not always hot.

• 3rd Jan 2014

If your are searching for rest and peace we recommend to avoid Punta del Diablo at least the first two weeks of January. The whole town transforms into a party hell and there's limited WiFi and water supply everywhere. You can buy toilet paper at the reception. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Everyone at the Uru Hostel is really nice. I went there for a few days with a friend and stayed at a girls room. They treated us extremely good and we had lot of fun! The hosts are the bests!! The hostel is near the bus station which for us was a benefit and though it's a little bit far away from the town center there will always be someone willing to take you there or you'd go to the bus station and be carried in a van. I definitely recommend it if you want to have fun - THUMB UP 4 URU!

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels