El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

I just was not warned that the hostel would be on repair period. The repair continued to be done at night, what was not plesant. I got to my room one night at 20h30 and had to wait the workers put something on the celling. After that, the room was left very dirty.

The location is great, pretty much equal distance from the two main beaches and about a 5 minute walk from the bus terminal. The rooms are hotel room style where my room had an ensuite bathroom, TV, lots of closet space, etc. Was pretty nice.

This hostel is decent, although I only stayed here when my other preferred hostel was fully booked. My main complaint is that the construction crew from across the street uses this hostel as their local hangout, which leaves you feeling like an outsider, even though you are the paying guest. The rooms and facilities are clean and the staff are friendly. Overall its just an average hostel, nothing special.

I had a blast at "El Viajero Hostel"!! Loved the atmosphere and enjoyed meeting new people from all over the world. The staff is excellent, always willing to help and give us advice on the main sites we should go to in Punta del Este. I recomend it to anyone who looks for a good location and a friendly environment!

it's in a great location, with very good staff ready to help and friendly and good people too. Nothing to complain but the toilet, which is small and gets dirty mostly because of this.

• 25th Jul 2015

Thank you very much for your comment Messias, it is very helpful for us. We try to keep bathrooms clean but in shared dorms we also need the help of the guests to have them in the conditions you deserve. Abrazo

The hostel is good, very easy to reach ,nice location ,they have push bikes to rent ,that's really nice ,I stayed in a private room ,was clean ,and very confortable ,I just have one complaining, I have a problem with my bag in the airport of Montevideo the staff lend me the phone,(thank you for that ! )but he saw me struggling at the phone( my spanis its not that good and they dont speak english) and dont help me , Alex could be more friendly, In generaly its good you can stay !

Hi, Thank you for your comment, It´s good for us to improve. We are very sorry about your luggage, we hope everything went ok. Abrazo!!

We arrived there and our reservation was not on their system. We have booked a private room and all the rooms were busy. The staff is ok not so supportative but ok..... location is good close to the bus terminal.

View all Punta del Este Hostels