El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

A good choice for Punta del Este. It is only a short walk from the bus station and from the beaches. The beds are comfortable with lockers provided under the beds. The dorms are clean but a bit cramped. Bathrooms are clean and there is hot water for showers. Staff are friendly and helpful too and there´s a bar which serves beer. The breakfast is good too with cereal, bread and butter, coffee, juice and yoghurt being served. Wifi is better downstairs than in the rooms. I would stay here again.

A very nice, clean and pleasant place to stay. U will feel like home in there... My bed sheet smelled like a mom care... The breakfast u can see that was made with love.. I felt so cared and happy there, with a plus that the structure is all held for u to interact to people, they have a fireplace close to the tv and a nice old-fashioned couch that makes u feel very comfortable. Also there's a pool table and a nice bar. I've been in many hostels through my life but this one really showed be speci

Nice hostel. But please be aware that they don't take children under the age of 18. This was in the small print of the email we got from Hostelworld after booking. Fortunately as we had a private room we were allowed to stay. I think that Hostelworld should ask ages before allowing booking. I very nearly ended up on the street, after dark with my bags and child. Fortunately at the very last minute another staff member came in and said it would be okay. The hostel itself was lovely.

Great place close to the beach, pool table and common area are great. Wifi was a but hard to get onto but it happens. Cute kitten that meanders around the place.

Very well located, close to the beach and the bus station. Rooms were great and showers were hot. Didn't find the staff overly helpful, internet was very touch and go. Would have been good to know they have a pet cat as I am allergic to them.

Relatively comfortable rooms/beds if not amazing. Good location for the beach, but the town centre is a fair way away. Great location for the bus terminal, though. Lovely staff, helpful and friendly. Good value overall.

Great location, friendly staff, clean, fast internet and really hot water... Stay here!!!

The breakfast is good and the hostel is big and spacious! The kitchen is large enough and equipped. The staff in the off season probably did not really want to do ... The access to the hotel and the rooms seem possible for anyone, because of the lazy control of staff to work ... Overall a decent hostel.

Thanks for your coment Davide , it will help us improve. Regards El Viajero Staff

Amazing staff!

Good hostel pool table and bar make for friendly atmosphere would recommend.

One member of staff in particular wasn´t the nicest person in the world and kind of brought our opinion down. Everyone else was great though!

• 1st May 2014

The wifi network seriously wrong. If many guests try to connect, the network collapses. I could never connect me during my stay in the hostel.

Staff very friendly and helpful, the hostel is close to the bus station and close to the beach, small walk into town. Clean rooms and bathrooms, vert comfy beds. good breakfast, highly recommend this hostel

I was happy with hostel and staff; I would use it again

• 7th Apr 2014

Nice place to stay. As it was low season there was not much to do in town, but it is a nice hostel to stay. Breakfast is decent (cereals and bread with coffee/tea/milk). AC in the 10 bedroom dorm did not work and kitchen was dusty but for the rest it was a good place (good beds)

Good breakfast, nice rooms and the fastest wifi in South America!

The staff was very helpful with getting around and planning where to go. Also had an energetic atmosphere where we were able to meet people from different areas. Also an adorable kitten to play with. We had a private double and was definitely worth the money that we paid. Overall fun hostel experience and plan to stay in other Viajero locations when traveling.

A bit difficult to find from the bus station. But OK place for a few nights.

Excellent location and very clean

This is my review for the 6-bed girl's dorm. The beds were super comfy. Lockers were sturdy and large enough for a whole suitcase. The bathroom had modern plumbing and accents, and was cleaned daily. The kitchen was also very clean and had everything we needed to cook. All in all, it was a great experience! The staff manages to achieve the right balance between "party" and "rest"- there is entertainment (the pool table was a huge plus one rainy night!), but they don't carry on till late.

• 6th Feb 2014