El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

Great hostel, great location, great staff. Liked staying here even tho there was not much going on. Good breakfast, too!

Thanks for your coment Lea, Regards

Good place to stay in Punta del Este. Perfect location! Now the facilities are being improved.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Chile

Gracias por el comentario Juan !! Esperamos que vuelvas y puedas disfrutar de las mejoras que estamos haciendo al hostel :) Saludos

Very noisy until 4 am. Very old Stove.

We`re sorry Susanne if you dind`t feel comfortable with the noise,you know how things work at a hostel , and we have the bar working out downstairs :) We are not using the stove anymore cause summer is coming, Thanks for your coment,

Excellent experience! I´ve been travelling through South America for two months now, and I´ve stayed in several Hostels, but this was my favourite so far! The location is great, walking distance to Gorlero Street (main street in Punta del Este), and a few blocks away from the beach. The Staff was mainly formed by young people, very welcoming and friendly, always willing to help me when I asked for references i. All in all it was a lovely experience, that I would recommend it to all my friends!!!

• 11th Nov 2014

Thanks for the comment. We`re glad of your nice experience with us. Feel welcome anytime. Regards

We went with a group of 17+ people and we enjoyed a lot. It has nice atmosphere, good locality , walkable from beach near Casino, nearby markets and all places. Atmosphere is good and room is nice and clean. Good kitchen and nice breakfast. 5 out of 5 for value of money. Forget to mention that bbq has nice wide area.

Thanks for your coment Sumit ! You are always welcome at El Viajero. Cheers !

A little tired but this place gets the job done - it's reasonably close to the action and although there's nothing special about this place, everything is in decent working order. The beds (I stayed in the girls dorm, #3 I believe) are comfortable but there is only one plug in the whole dorm - and it's in the bathroom. Breakfast is simple, the facilities are decent and the best thing about the place - the staff - are friendly and helpful!

Hi Melissa thanks for your comment. We have more plugs in the rooms, but we are making some changes and they are behind one of the beds,sorry we couldn`t notice you earlier so you can use them. We are working to give the rooms more space and confortation. Cheers Viajero Staff

we spent a really nice stay at el viajero!!really comfortable rooms,one bath for each room!! great staff, they provide free pool all day you want haha,really helpfull and kind ! location was perfect , near the center, mansa and brava beach, casinos. for sure we`re coming back someday!

Thanks for your comment Fernanda . It`s always good to know that our guests have a nice time with us. Cheers !!

Nice place to stay. General all round good hospitality!! Recommended.

Thanks for your coment Jeremy !! Regards El Viajero Staff

Nice hostel near the beach. Friendly staff, which were helpful: me and a friend wanted to go body surfing off season, and the girl put a lot of effort in it to call different surf shops and even friends to provide us with the material. They also have a pool table which you can use for free :) Only minor thing is that the toilet in the 6-bed dorm flushes loud enough to wake everyone up, but that's just the general downside of a dorm I guess. Recommendable!

Thanks for your coment Lucas . We are working to solve the issues. Regards El Viajero Staff

Very nice! The city was empty but the hostel made us have a perfect time! Veronica is the best! Let's play some pool Kkk

Gabrielle thanks for your comment. We`re glad you spend a nice time with us. Regards El Viajero Staff

The room (3, I think) was a little small but it was ok, there was shower. We can not lock the room doors. From this room we had almost no noise from the reception. The breakfast offered bread, butter, jelly, cereal, milk, coffee, yogurt and juice. Veronica was really cool explaining lots of stuff!

Pretty basic. Great location though.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

Gracias por tu comentario! Saludos del Staff!

I was glad I stayed in this hostel for just one night. The room was humid and had a funny smell. The lamp was weak and the beds were really close to each other. The door was too much noisy to open. If you just need somewhere to sleep, it's OK, though.

Thank you very much for your comment! Immediately repair the things you mention! Greetings from the staff!

There was nothing I disliked. The people were nice, the services are very good, and so on. I wasn't disturbed by it, but my friends I was travelling didn't like the room so much (in their opinion it was too dark). But for me it was fine.

• 29th Jul 2014

Staff is friendly and very helpful

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

A very nice hostel, with good rooms and a nice common area! Location is excellent, close to the bus station, the city center and the famous Finger monument. Unfortunately, I only stayed for one night, and the hostel was very empty (not tourist season), so I can't speak much more about the hostel.

A good choice for Punta del Este. It is only a short walk from the bus station and from the beaches. The beds are comfortable with lockers provided under the beds. The dorms are clean but a bit cramped. Bathrooms are clean and there is hot water for showers. Staff are friendly and helpful too and there´s a bar which serves beer. The breakfast is good too with cereal, bread and butter, coffee, juice and yoghurt being served. Wifi is better downstairs than in the rooms. I would stay here again.

View all Punta del Este Hostels