El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

Good location, average facilities.

Safety is an issue, anyone could just get inthe hostel and enter the dorms, which have no keys. I stayed at dorm 15, right beside the common kitchen and the dorm would always smell like fried eggs and rests of food. Its a good hostel if you are coming to Punta for the night life, there is loud music and a busy bar until 2-3am. Not really clean, but still far from the dirtiest hostel I've ever been...

Esta un poco retirado del puerto, es muy limpio y organizado.

This hostel is very comfortable and is in a very good ubication, near la brava brach, one of the best in the city. The staff was really nice they helped me a lot.

The location is great, close to most of the places to visit. Punta del Este in general is a very expensive place to visit and consume and I think that reflects in the hostel as well.

Nice location and very honest price. Very good breakfast and staff very friendly and helpful, mainly Veronica who helped us a lot. I would recommend El Viajero Brava Beach! Thanks all the staff!

Thanks for your comment!! Always welcome !! Cheers El Viajero Staff

The staff planed a barbecue,for saturday night,,but it was suspended.They returned the money ,but i counted on it.r

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay

Thanks for your coment. We`re sorry for the barbacue, we ask for a minimum of pax to join to the bbq and that day we didn`t reach it. Hope you had a nice stay instead of that. Regards El Viajero Staff

The hostel is OK, though with not much atmosphere -- and with the beer-drinking, late-partying, loud-speaking crowd that this kind of city seems to attract.

Thanks for your comment . You were here durig the off season maybe that`s why you dindn`t find as much party as you want. Cheers El Viajero Staff

Good solid hostel near the main beach in Punta del Este. Nevertheless the hostel attracted a weird crowd of pensioners, families and us, so it is hard to rate atmosphere. The set up is, however, very good for when a younger crowd is there and the breakfast spread is one of the best I've seen.

Stayed in private room it was comfortable and spacious, good location for beaches on both sides within easy walking distance and not too far from town

In general the hostel is great. Helpfull staff and confortable rooms. The localization is great! :)

Thanks for your comment We really apreciatte it Regards El Viajero Staff

Good atmosphere and pool table were positives. Great mix of travelers staying.

Thanks for your comment !! Cheers El Viajero Staff

I liked a lot my stay at El Viarejo Playa Brava. Location was excelent, friendly staff and good atmosphere. The price was really fair as well.

• 4th Dec 2014

Hi Newton thanks for your coment. Always welcomed at El Viajero`s family !!

Hostel is not as easy to find as they announce on hostelworld as the name of the street changed. Hostel itself was nice. Not far from the bus station - not far from the beach either. As for party people: we didn´t find any pubs/clubs around the hostel and it takes some minutes to walk down town.

Only the room has very strong smell of mildew and the lighting is bad

• 28th Nov 2014

Great location. We stayed on a double room ensuite which was pretty spacey and clean with a TV and a AC. Average breakfast, nice staff. Good value for money.

Great hostel, great location, great staff. Liked staying here even tho there was not much going on. Good breakfast, too!

Thanks for your coment Lea, Regards

Good place to stay in Punta del Este. Perfect location! Now the facilities are being improved.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Chile

Gracias por el comentario Juan !! Esperamos que vuelvas y puedas disfrutar de las mejoras que estamos haciendo al hostel :) Saludos

Very noisy until 4 am. Very old Stove.

We`re sorry Susanne if you dind`t feel comfortable with the noise,you know how things work at a hostel , and we have the bar working out downstairs :) We are not using the stove anymore cause summer is coming, Thanks for your coment,

Excellent experience! I´ve been travelling through South America for two months now, and I´ve stayed in several Hostels, but this was my favourite so far! The location is great, walking distance to Gorlero Street (main street in Punta del Este), and a few blocks away from the beach. The Staff was mainly formed by young people, very welcoming and friendly, always willing to help me when I asked for references i. All in all it was a lovely experience, that I would recommend it to all my friends!!!

• 11th Nov 2014

Thanks for the comment. We`re glad of your nice experience with us. Feel welcome anytime. Regards

View all Punta del Este Hostels