El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

Nice place to stay. General all round good hospitality!! Recommended.

Nice hostel near the beach. Friendly staff, which were helpful: me and a friend wanted to go body surfing off season, and the girl put a lot of effort in it to call different surf shops and even friends to provide us with the material. They also have a pool table which you can use for free :) Only minor thing is that the toilet in the 6-bed dorm flushes loud enough to wake everyone up, but that's just the general downside of a dorm I guess. Recommendable!

Very nice! The city was empty but the hostel made us have a perfect time! Veronica is the best! Let's play some pool Kkk

The room (3, I think) was a little small but it was ok, there was shower. We can not lock the room doors. From this room we had almost no noise from the reception. The breakfast offered bread, butter, jelly, cereal, milk, coffee, yogurt and juice. Veronica was really cool explaining lots of stuff!

Pretty basic. Great location though.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

Gracias por tu comentario! Saludos del Staff!

I was glad I stayed in this hostel for just one night. The room was humid and had a funny smell. The lamp was weak and the beds were really close to each other. The door was too much noisy to open. If you just need somewhere to sleep, it's OK, though.

Thank you very much for your comment! Immediately repair the things you mention! Greetings from the staff!

There was nothing I disliked. The people were nice, the services are very good, and so on. I wasn't disturbed by it, but my friends I was travelling didn't like the room so much (in their opinion it was too dark). But for me it was fine.

• 29th Jul 2014

Staff is friendly and very helpful

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

A very nice hostel, with good rooms and a nice common area! Location is excellent, close to the bus station, the city center and the famous Finger monument. Unfortunately, I only stayed for one night, and the hostel was very empty (not tourist season), so I can't speak much more about the hostel.

A good choice for Punta del Este. It is only a short walk from the bus station and from the beaches. The beds are comfortable with lockers provided under the beds. The dorms are clean but a bit cramped. Bathrooms are clean and there is hot water for showers. Staff are friendly and helpful too and there´s a bar which serves beer. The breakfast is good too with cereal, bread and butter, coffee, juice and yoghurt being served. Wifi is better downstairs than in the rooms. I would stay here again.

A very nice, clean and pleasant place to stay. U will feel like home in there... My bed sheet smelled like a mom care... The breakfast u can see that was made with love.. I felt so cared and happy there, with a plus that the structure is all held for u to interact to people, they have a fireplace close to the tv and a nice old-fashioned couch that makes u feel very comfortable. Also there's a pool table and a nice bar. I've been in many hostels through my life but this one really showed be speci

Nice hostel. But please be aware that they don't take children under the age of 18. This was in the small print of the email we got from Hostelworld after booking. Fortunately as we had a private room we were allowed to stay. I think that Hostelworld should ask ages before allowing booking. I very nearly ended up on the street, after dark with my bags and child. Fortunately at the very last minute another staff member came in and said it would be okay. The hostel itself was lovely.

Great place close to the beach, pool table and common area are great. Wifi was a but hard to get onto but it happens. Cute kitten that meanders around the place.

Very well located, close to the beach and the bus station. Rooms were great and showers were hot. Didn't find the staff overly helpful, internet was very touch and go. Would have been good to know they have a pet cat as I am allergic to them.

An excellent hostel, definitely one of the best I have stayed in. The staff was kind, the location was close enough to the beach and the rooms were good too.

Relatively comfortable rooms/beds if not amazing. Good location for the beach, but the town centre is a fair way away. Great location for the bus terminal, though. Lovely staff, helpful and friendly. Good value overall.

Great location, friendly staff, clean, fast internet and really hot water... Stay here!!!

The breakfast is good and the hostel is big and spacious! The kitchen is large enough and equipped. The staff in the off season probably did not really want to do ... The access to the hotel and the rooms seem possible for anyone, because of the lazy control of staff to work ... Overall a decent hostel.

Thanks for your coment Davide , it will help us improve. Regards El Viajero Staff

Amazing staff!

Good hostel pool table and bar make for friendly atmosphere would recommend.

View all Punta del Este Hostels