El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

I really liked the hostel, excellent localization near Brava Beach and Mansa Beach, near Conrad Casino, near bus station and near all you need. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was excellent. I highly recommend. The security could be better.

Thanks for your comment!! Regards El Viajero Staff

We all had a great time at El Viajero. I would strongly recommend to the people I know. I just think the reception staff could be more smily!! You should find a way to accept differents credit cards to pay. I booked two rooms under my name, but we were 4 different people paying, if i would pass my credict card, it would be filled and i would have no credits to spend in Punta del Este. Thank you for everything! PS: Alvaro is such a great guy!! Very nice very polite. and

• 13th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel. The rooms are clean and not overly booked. The staff was super friendly and went the extra mile. Thank you Veronica for helping me address my situation with losing the key to my locker. I would certainly return to this Hostel in the near future.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Dominican Republic

This hostel had good atmosphere and a good party vibe but what you get for the value is so so you could rent a hotel for the same amount and the wifi was so so as well but if your looking for atmosphere this a great placed

Very good athmosphere - easy to meet other guests. Good kitchen and nice staff. Easy to reach by bus and not too far from the beach.

I really don't know how this hostel got such a good rating. There is no vibe, unmotivated employees that only watch tv, internet didn't worked for 2 days and the music is on till 3 am. The location is good, breakfast ok.

Thanks for your coment . We have such a good raiting because we have good vibes with our clients, good atmosphere and the best facilities. We have problems with the wifi for the last days but its already solved. Regards El Viajero Staff

Staff were pretty unfriendly, wifi didn't work for 2 out of 3 days we were there, breakfast was a huge let down and bar was supposed to close at 3am but we had to listen to a group of guys drinking and making a heap of noise all night until breakfast when they finally went to bed and no staff member told them to be quiet. In a good location but wouldn't stay there again.

Thans for your coment We were having problems with the wifi support but its solved :) Our staff is friendly and always there to help all of our customers. regards El Viajero Staff

Nice people, very helpful. Close bus station

Thanks for your comment. Always welcome , regards El Viajero Staff

Pros: Decent breakfast, bar, location Cons: Disinterested & unknowledgeable staff (How much does a taxi to the airport cost? No idea. Whats a good bar in town thats not too expensive? No idea.), flies everywhere, missing remotes in my room, generally sour vibe and lastly.. expensive.

Thanks for your comment . Our staff is always doing their best for all our customers. Regards El Viajero Staff

Good location, average facilities.

Thanks for your comment. Always working to improve, Regards El Viajero Staff

Safety is an issue, anyone could just get inthe hostel and enter the dorms, which have no keys. I stayed at dorm 15, right beside the common kitchen and the dorm would always smell like fried eggs and rests of food. Its a good hostel if you are coming to Punta for the night life, there is loud music and a busy bar until 2-3am. Not really clean, but still far from the dirtiest hostel I've ever been...

Thanks for your comment . We have keys to all the dorms :) We are always working to improve our services, Cheers El Viajero Staff

Esta un poco retirado del puerto, es muy limpio y organizado.

Muchas gracias por tu comentario . Esperamos hayas disfrutado de el Puerto. Saludos El Viajero Staff

This hostel is very comfortable and is in a very good ubication, near la brava brach, one of the best in the city. The staff was really nice they helped me a lot.

Thanks for your comment . Cheers El Viajero Staff

The location is great, close to most of the places to visit. Punta del Este in general is a very expensive place to visit and consume and I think that reflects in the hostel as well.

Nice location and very honest price. Very good breakfast and staff very friendly and helpful, mainly Veronica who helped us a lot. I would recommend El Viajero Brava Beach! Thanks all the staff!

Thanks for your comment!! Always welcome !! Cheers El Viajero Staff

The staff planed a barbecue,for saturday night,,but it was suspended.They returned the money ,but i counted on it.r

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay

Thanks for your coment. We`re sorry for the barbacue, we ask for a minimum of pax to join to the bbq and that day we didn`t reach it. Hope you had a nice stay instead of that. Regards El Viajero Staff

The hostel is OK, though with not much atmosphere -- and with the beer-drinking, late-partying, loud-speaking crowd that this kind of city seems to attract.

Thanks for your comment . You were here durig the off season maybe that`s why you dindn`t find as much party as you want. Cheers El Viajero Staff

Good solid hostel near the main beach in Punta del Este. Nevertheless the hostel attracted a weird crowd of pensioners, families and us, so it is hard to rate atmosphere. The set up is, however, very good for when a younger crowd is there and the breakfast spread is one of the best I've seen.

Stayed in private room it was comfortable and spacious, good location for beaches on both sides within easy walking distance and not too far from town

The hostel staff was great, excellent location, awesome atmosphere! The best hostel to stay in Punta no doubt about it.

• 12th Dec 2014