El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites Reviews

Av. Francia y Charrua, Punta del Este, Uruguay

We absolutely loved the hostel! We stayed for only one night but it was enough to get how good it was. The location is perfect, the staff are super friendly and the rooms were really cool. Definitely staying there next time we visit Punta del Este.

Thanks for your coment, It´s always nice to know that you spend a good time with us Cheers El Viajero Staff

Good location !

The bottom bunk beds have curtains, never seen that in any other hostel! The ground floor is great, there is a comfy porch with couches, chairs and tables and you immediately enter a big lounge with more couches, a bar, television, tables, chairs, pool table, 2 computers and the reception, all in the same room with 24/7 staff, so very secure. Kitchen has everything you need, you can rent bicycles for only 250 pesos a day and the staff is very helpful. They just play Bob Marley a bit too much. :)

Thanks for your comment . It´s always good for us to know that you have a good experience with us. Always welcome, and promess to play other genres of music :)

Despite being a large hostel and having many guests at it, the bar and common hall were seldom full and that doesn't make you feel like staying there and chilling. Staff are great, extremely helpful and very friendly. Great location.

The guy at the reception spoke only Spanish not a word in English. I had to pay 2 USD more than according to hostelworld. I could not complain or ask for a receipt because the guy did not understand. Everything else was nice.

Nice hostel. The common area is great and the location is excellent. The place has a good vibe overall. I stayed in a female dormitory. The room was clean, but a bit small and my only complaint is that it was always stuffy and humid in the room from from the shower, even with the windows open. But overall, good experience.

I just was not warned that the hostel would be on repair period. The repair continued to be done at night, what was not plesant. I got to my room one night at 20h30 and had to wait the workers put something on the celling. After that, the room was left very dirty.

The location is great, pretty much equal distance from the two main beaches and about a 5 minute walk from the bus terminal. The rooms are hotel room style where my room had an ensuite bathroom, TV, lots of closet space, etc. Was pretty nice.

This hostel is decent, although I only stayed here when my other preferred hostel was fully booked. My main complaint is that the construction crew from across the street uses this hostel as their local hangout, which leaves you feeling like an outsider, even though you are the paying guest. The rooms and facilities are clean and the staff are friendly. Overall its just an average hostel, nothing special.

I had a blast at "El Viajero Hostel"!! Loved the atmosphere and enjoyed meeting new people from all over the world. The staff is excellent, always willing to help and give us advice on the main sites we should go to in Punta del Este. I recomend it to anyone who looks for a good location and a friendly environment!

View all Punta del Este Hostels