El Viajero Cali Hostel & Salsa School Reviews

Carrera 5 No. 4 - 56, San Antonio, Cali, Colombia

Brilliant hostel. The staff are superb, friendly and really welcoming. The salsa show was brillaint. The dorms are a good size and comfortable. Breakfast is very good and the bar and pool make it a great hostel. Highly recommend!!!!1

• 1st Aug 2015

Unreal hostel, salsa party to blow your mind. All the staff were great, especially the beautiful Leslie - best bar girl in Colombia. You've gotta stay here

• 1st Aug 2015

Unfortunately not a cosy hostel but more an unpersonal place for party people.but all in all a safe and fairly clean place

Was a very cool experience, the hostel is just amazing, the pool, the bar, the baths, the reception, almost everything is great, except the kitchen, guest don´t keep it clean and it has a very bad aspect..!!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

One of the best hostels I have stayed at in South America, comfy beds, swimming pool, free yoga and salsa classes they even had flame throwers come to the hostel for pool party, very easy to meet people and location is great too, only 10 minute walk to downtown

I stayed here for 2 nights, and I wished I could have stayed a third one... The hostel itself is really nice, clean and well placed. But what it makes it really special is the staff and the atmosphere of the hostel! Doesn't matter whether you are a salsa lover that wants to spend the day in salsa lessons or you just want to chill at the swimming-pool, everything is possible here! And every evening, the bar of the hostel will delight you with nice drinks, and the best latin music

Awesome place in everyway. Great location, nice, clean and friendly. I loved my time here. Thanks to Luis (my salsa teacher) and Anderson (at reception) for being so accommodating with my "may I stay one more night" requests. Great hostel, cool people and great pool to relax in the day after a night of salsa dancing. Plus the free group salsa lessons everyday are so much fun. This hostel made Cali even more awesome.

Really nice staff and extremely warm. Salsa classes were very good!! France's was a very good teacher!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Only fault was the beds aren't incredibly comfy and the sheets (which you have to put on yourself) feel plasticy, but a very good hostel regardless

We had a great time here. The free salsa lessons were good and the yoga classes were relaxing. The atmosphere in the hostel was amazing - if you want to meet lots of other likeminded travellers this is your place. The kitchen was big enough to cope with the number of people and had the sharpest knives of our trip which made chopping vegetables a dream! One suggestion is to have more hand/tea towels in the kitchen.

El viajero is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I've been to Cali three times now and would never stay anywhere else. The staff are wonderful and friendly, the location is perfect in the lovely San Antonio barrio where you are close to lovely cafes and places to eat, the free salsa and yoga classes are brilliant... I could go on! The hostel itself is wonderfully laid out with a great pool and good kitchen too. The breakfast is brilliant too! If your in Cali, stay here 100%.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great place to stay and chill, nice pool, safe, nice bar, lots of salsa, tv room with movies, you can party if you want but turn music off at 11:30 then everybody goes out, great staff and really helpful.

The hostel is amazing. The staff at the front including Monica and Nati are professional, friendly and very helpful. Other staff including Leslie and Daniel were wonderful, very energetic and helped to make this place very enjoyable. This is my second stay and I would return again, If you stay in Cali this is the place.

• 8th Jul 2015

Great place to meet pepole, dance Salsa and go for parties(;

Good for salsa and Spanish lessons. Enjoyed my stay, all faculties are here that I needed.

Had a very good stay in this hostal. They have two practice rooms for salsa. So if you want to learn salsa definatly a recomadation to stay here. The staff is really nice and helpfull. Planned to stay for 4 nights.. Ended up in this hostal for 10 nights

The BEST hostel I've stayed in after 7 months of traveling through S.America! I thought I would stay here for just a couple nights and now it's been 2 weeks! I would stay even longer if I didn't have to leave to meet my family now. I will be back!!! Amazing atmosphere, so easy to meet people, the best staff, make you feel like home, the salsa dancing instructors are so fun and great at what they do, excellent teachers, wifi is very strong, great location, and dancing every night! I love it here!

Once you get there, u'll never want to leave!! Amazing staff, see you soon!

It's was a good experience.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel - lovely space, easy to meet people, good party atmosphere and great place to stay if you want to dance salsa.

• 24th Jun 2015