El Viajero Cali Hostel & Salsa School Reviews

Carrera 5 No. 4 - 56, San Antonio, Cali, Colombia

It is a great place. Just some noise problems after midnight from other customers, one night no more.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

true party hostel-swimming pool, music, drinks, atomosphere. good location weakness-bathrooms. 2 bathrooms and one sink for men for the entire hostel and many times females used the men's bathroom.

it´s a really nice hostel. i liked the pool and the bar. the staff was also nice, particularly laura :)

great social hostel, pool and bar are nice, rooms a touch stuffy but not a big deal

Staff very unhelpful. Salsa class good! Overall didn't feel welcome.

Loved this hostel!! Great to hang around the pool, kitchen or hammock area, friendly staff, easy to meet other people and the free salsa (basic steps) and yoga classes are great! I would def recommend as well the private salsaclasses though, great fun! On wednesdayevenings there are african danceclasses nearby as well. For people who like/love to dance salsa, Cali is a must!! And el Viajero is the right place to stay then! Will def come back soon!!

Rude, unhelpful staff, apart from a few. Great facilities but was overshadowed by the bad atmosphere

hi, phoebe we hope next time do things better for you, and if you are not agree with our staff treatment let us know , in order to take actions to give you a pleasant stay in our hostel.

This is a party hostel. Drunk people coming home at 4 in the morning and making lots of noise -- that kind of place. The dorm rooms are cramped and smelly. I wanted to check out a day early so I could get some actual sleep somewhere else, but they told me I couldn't get my money back because I hadn't given a day's notice. Not cool.

I have been traveling for 8 months and have stayed in manyyyy hostels! El Viajero is definitely one of the top 3 hostels I have stayed at. Still, if you want a hot shower, you have to get up early. Wifi is great, but just the sheer number of people using it, slows it down; for heavy duty usage, get up early. Loved the salsa class and yoga (still sore!!;-))

Nice social place! Friendly staff. Clean. Great free salsa, Spanish and yoga classes. Private salsa lessons are great.. Shame the teacher canceled one of my lessons. Rooms are a little stuffy and can be noisy at times. The door bell is sleep disturbing..

Only change needed is in the use of wrist bands. I was targeted by a drug dealer who works with police who knew instantely where I was staying and even details about the hostel. Never a good idea to have these in my mind. But great place to stay.

everything was very nice!! i really enjoy my stay there :)

• 1st May 2014
  • Colombia

Pros: good breakfast, nice little pool Cons: uncomfy matress, cold water shower, the doors to the dormitories just suck

Free breakfast included was a nice touch. Swimming pool & bar area very social - I liked the free salsa lesson too! Staff very helpful with directions and suggestions - I wanted to get some take out and they arranged with the restaurant over the street to deliver - which was fab!

The free salsa classes were a lot of fun! I recommend getting there a couple minutes early to make sure you get a good spot. The kitchen supplies were a little bare. Breakfast was pretty good-toast, cereal, yogurt, juice, fruit and coffee/tea. Also every night the salsa instructors take you out to the salsa clubs to practice and they are patient with the beginners.

Really great place, staff are very helpful and the classes are awesome! I like yoga!

A great hostel in a very good location with a realxing pool and excellent breakfasts!!

For a new hostel, El Viajero is great. However, as some other reviewers said, some members of the staff were less than friendly. Other random things: 6 bed dorm only had one outlet, and it was ofter difficult to find anyone working the bar. I did love the salsa room, where there were free salsa and yoga classes. This hostel has tremendous potential, with a beautiful layout and pool.

Really nice hostel, just a little away from alot of the night spots. Nice pool area and bar and salsa lessons were fun, if a little hot and sweaty.....the studio could do with being bigger for the amount of people that want to do the classes! Simple breakfast, bread, spreads, juice etc

Great social hostel, free salsa lessons are a lot of fun! One of the night staff was repeatedly quite rude though.