El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

2073 Total Reviews

Comfy and relaxed hostel, a/c appreciated in rooms. Nice and accessible to/from ferry and town.

The hostel is perfectly located, around the corner of the old city and not more than 10 minutes walking from the bus and ferry terminal. The building is great, colourful with lots of charm, the rooms are spacious and allow you to store your luggage safely. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful whatever your question might be. Highly recommendable!

Rooms are too small, staff not nice.

This hostel is ok and the asado that they offer is great value for money. The worst thing however is the security. The door to the hostel is constantly kept open, as is the luggage store which is right by the entrance! I didn't see anybody questioned as to if they were guests or not when entering either by reception staff.

Hi , thanks for your feedback . We understand could look insecure with the front door open , but fortunately Colonia is a small and very secure town, and we are use to live with our doors open, not like in big cities.

Great atmosphere from the start. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms have a/c which is amazing and the breakfast was good. Overall great experience!

My boyfriend and I had a decent stay at el viajero hostel. The staff were friendly but didn't show us around the hostel when we first arrived - we discovered there was a lovely roof terrace on our own! The 4 bed dorm we stayed in was tiny but good enough and the hostel in general was clean. We were hoping to rent bikes through the hostel but all 5 bikes of theirs were broken! Good location, close to the main street, banks, restaurants etc. overall, a pleasant stay.

Pretty decent place, good location, friendly staff, ok breakfast, convenient to bus and ferry. Nothing special but adequate for the money.

This hostel was great. It had a good set up. The beds were comfy and the rooms clean. One of the better hostels I've seen. I liked the multiple common areas and patio. Good WiFi.

The beds were comfy and air conditioning works well. We were given the information we needed upon arrival in order to navigate the area. The staff didn't really talk to us much but our stay was made fun by a great crowd of other travellers whom we eat the asado with in the evening. Location is good, close to the port and bus station. The beach is not too far to walk it cycle. Keep to the back streets if you want reasonably priced food!

Great hostel near the Colonia port. Great staff, nice atmosphere, rooms are quiet and comfy. Definitely recommended.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

The main common areas are nice and the bed was comfortable. The location is great near the town centre and bus and ferry ports. The breakfast is poor and the staff are too lazy to refill the food when it goes low. The reception staff are just as unhelpful and uninterested.. anytime we asked a question about the area they pointed us towards the tourist information even though there notice board lists tours. the kitchen is okay but not fantastic. overall the staff made this an unpleasant stay.

Nice place. Friendly staff. Great location close to all the key sights. Wifi in common areas.

The front desk were open to help us but we had two side impressions. One is that they couldn't give a lot of information about the city and the other is that we crossed a lot of cranky faces by the afternoon. Another low point is the bikes - all old and unable to ride.

Highly recommend. After long travels it was very nice to have them hand me fresh sheets to make the bed. Great location with nightlife next door and easy walk to old town. Asada meal was not that great though, maybe spend a little more and eat in town. But hardly a comaint. Rooms had lockers but a couple didn't have a place for a lock. Stay here if you are going through Colonia!

A little expensive but nice staff and our room had air conditioning. Hostel can be a little loud so if you are looking for a quiet place to relax this may not be the fit.

Nice hostel, clean

Not worth the money. Facilities are old and not being taken care of. Gets the feeling of dirty-ness. The front door wad alwas open and it did not feel safe, especially since the staff did not exactly stay at the front desk at all times. Staff was good answered and helpes when needed. It was noisy at night. Breakfast was okay. I dont reccomend staying here. There are probably better hostels in Colonia

Perfect location! Staff very helpful

I really wasn't impressed by this place. The staff member was friendly though but the room (A)..was pretty hideous. I'm a hardy traveller and I didn't lose any sleep over it but lying on the top bunk looking at the mouldy wall and ceiling observing the spiders in their webs was anything but heart warming..the atmosphere in the lounge was pretty dire, but that wasn't the hostel's fault if no one talks to each other. Maybe I had an unlucky day? If I was in Colonia again I wouldn't stay there

Great hostel with basic breakfast. Nice and clean rooms, only thing is the ensuite bathrooms are quite small so if you are a big person you may have trouble to take a shower or use the toilet. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Cool solarium upstairs, great for a cold beer. Excelent location, about 2 blocks from old city

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5