El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

2023 Total Reviews

The front desk were open to help us but we had two side impressions. One is that they couldn't give a lot of information about the city and the other is that we crossed a lot of cranky faces by the afternoon. Another low point is the bikes - all old and unable to ride.

Highly recommend. After long travels it was very nice to have them hand me fresh sheets to make the bed. Great location with nightlife next door and easy walk to old town. Asada meal was not that great though, maybe spend a little more and eat in town. But hardly a comaint. Rooms had lockers but a couple didn't have a place for a lock. Stay here if you are going through Colonia!

A little expensive but nice staff and our room had air conditioning. Hostel can be a little loud so if you are looking for a quiet place to relax this may not be the fit.

Nice hostel, clean

Not worth the money. Facilities are old and not being taken care of. Gets the feeling of dirty-ness. The front door wad alwas open and it did not feel safe, especially since the staff did not exactly stay at the front desk at all times. Staff was good answered and helpes when needed. It was noisy at night. Breakfast was okay. I dont reccomend staying here. There are probably better hostels in Colonia

Perfect location! Staff very helpful

I really wasn't impressed by this place. The staff member was friendly though but the room (A)..was pretty hideous. I'm a hardy traveller and I didn't lose any sleep over it but lying on the top bunk looking at the mouldy wall and ceiling observing the spiders in their webs was anything but heart warming..the atmosphere in the lounge was pretty dire, but that wasn't the hostel's fault if no one talks to each other. Maybe I had an unlucky day? If I was in Colonia again I wouldn't stay there

Great hostel with basic breakfast. Nice and clean rooms, only thing is the ensuite bathrooms are quite small so if you are a big person you may have trouble to take a shower or use the toilet. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Cool solarium upstairs, great for a cold beer. Excelent location, about 2 blocks from old city

A very relaxed and sociable hostel. You can choose quiet and sleep, no worries about noise. Or sit outside with beers and good company until the morning. Rooms were clean and not too small - although I just know the ones with four beds and own bathroom. Recommendation!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Austria

2 of the 4 lockers had broken hinges so you couldn´t lock them. Until 3am, people chatted outside the bedroom, didn´t allow those at the room to sleep. Staff was helpful but not effective.

Breakfast included but do not expect much of it...

Our double room was far to expensive for what wie paid: a dark, small, noisy to the patio where untill late night a big barbecue was celebrated. The smoke of cigarettes streamed into our nonsmoking room. Furthermore the walls of the room were mouldy. And I have an allergy against it so I could not really breathe.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Bathrooms small and not always adequately serviced and lacking amenities, not very "comfortable" areas to sit back and chill and rooms a bit pricey for what you get so I was disappointed; but staff were nice and is a good area to stay

We were four people who stayed in room number 1 for one night. Had we booked more nights we would definitely have cancelled these and gone to another hostel. The room was a disaster: moldy and damp, the floor was very dirty and so wobbly that when someone walked on it it felt as you were going to be sea-sick (!), no ladder to the bunk beds. On the plus side was the AC which worked unusually well (!) and comfortable mattresses. The Wi-Fi worked so so. Staff were very friendly and helpful!

Nice location, nice people around, clean conformtable rooms. Perhaps, I'd recommend breakfast but I still recommend it

Welcome to hell Where to start? no map or info.had to make

Thanks Rebecca for your comment We have maps in reception for all you always Have a nice trip Staff el viajero

Good place to spend a couple of days and meeting people. It's really close to the bus terminal, the boat to Buenos Aires and the touristic area, so it makes everything easier.

This hostel's customer service is awful. I put money down the night before to hold the only remaining room, and paid extra fees to allow me to cancel because I was in a bind due to canceled transportation. The next morning, my last remaining travel option to Uruguay was canceled due to weather. I immediately contacted the hostel, but they refused to work with me. They told me I hadn't given 24 hours notice, but I had booked it less than 24 hours before. Such poor customer service

The Atmosphere could't be better. Staff members are vey nice, very helpful and very cheerful. At the end of the year, they organized Barbecue at night. It was a wonderful oportunity to get to know other people hosted at the hostel!

• 29th Dec 2014

We need more power sockets and in a room: closer to our beds; small lights would be great as well. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5