El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

It was a very relaxed stay in El Viajero, but even though it's pretty much off season I really enjoyed the lovely town of Colonia. I can imagine though that in summer the hostel is very noisy. Furthermore, th Uruguayan breakfast is perfect for people who like sweets, but for me it is the opposite. Only some toast, dulce de leite, jam and sweet cereals don't do it for me. I would have appreciated at least to have some fruits as well. Also, the kitchen is rather small.

Very good hostel, I will choose it once more when I go back in Uruguay.

• 19th Jun 2015

Cleaning staff talking loudly outside room early in the morning. 4 bed dorm cold and ugly, bigger dorms were much nicer En suite bathroom was ridiculous, toilet was basically in the shower Not enough charging sockets in room For the price I expected them to at least make the bed for you, not just hand you sheets Nice communal area Great free-use computers Good WiFi Front desk staff very friendly and helpful Really good deals if you stay at more of their hostels

• 29th May 2015

Good location in town and close to the ferry port. It had a small kitchen. Breakfast was standard bread/jam/dulce de leche. Lockers in the rooms were underneath the beds and showers were hot. This was the first hostel for me in Uruguay which did not allow you to bring alcohol into it so that was unfortunate. Overall just a typical hostel.

this place is magical. be sure to stay up late and jam out with the staff outside on the curb. highly recommended.

Great location,minutes away from the ferry terminal.Nice deco in the hostel, friendly staff. Kitchen was ok. It was a chilled,relaxed hostel but my stay was killed by some guests making noises late into the night and I couldn't sleep a wink. My room was located right beside the patio and walls were terribly thin,including people walking by. I would have appreciated had the staff reminded the guests to be mindful of their noise levels despite the merry making, because others were trying to sleep

I had a great time...hope to come back in the future :)

• 10th May 2015

The staff was excellent at making us feel welcome, and very helpful with suggestions of where to go/what to do.

The hostel was located close walking distance to the historical site, banks and small supermarket for groceries. Staff were friendly.

Was a lovely big hostel with really good breakfast and great location

Colonia is a beautiful, but pricey place and this hostel reflects that. It's expensive, but nice. Some of the staff are lovely, but there's one grumpy guy who works there. The bbq is a plus but the breakfast is lacking.

The room I stayed should not be available given its conditions. I mean the first room before the reception.

We absolutely loved this hostel, really friendly & informative staff. We loved our stay the only thing that could be a better is if the BBQ was a little earlier.

Nice, clean hostel and great staff.

• 17th Apr 2015

Our private double room was pretty grubby. The breakfast offered was the worst we had on our whole trip.

Nice hostel conveniently located in the heart of Colonia del Sacramento. The staff is nice and helpful and the hostel offers huge common spaces (rooftop terrace + yard + nice big room with couches, bar and tables). The lack of atmosphere was probably to the hostel being almost empty so they didn't offer any common activities. Only complaint: the walls could use new paint/wallpaper (it had holes with mold next to the bed. other than that, everything was really clean!)

Everything was simply perfect! Nice atmosphere and helpful staff... by the way, veeery hard-working people!!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is good, the beds are comfy enough. You put the sheets on yourself so you know they're clean.

The ambient of the hostel is nice and the kitchen has all I need to make some food.

Great location.