El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

We stayed in a double room. Clean an comfortable hostel, nice staff, well situated.

Great hostel to meet other travelers of all ages, mostly above mid20s. Unique space with lots of common areas. Great 4 bed dorm with ensuite bathroom. Parts could be a bit cleaner. Overall great and staff was very helpful. Would stay again!

• 16th Apr 2014

Staff don't seem to enjoy their jobs (aren't very welcoming) and there was no room key for the dorm room I was staying in at the front of the building (which means people could walk into the dorm off the street without even having to pass reception). All in all, there is nothing to recommend this hostel but it does the job insofar as being a place to sleep for a night. The hostel has a bar and communal area but was very quiet the night I stayed there.

Short but good stay. The staff were nice and helpful. The powerpoints in the rooms were difficult to use.

The staff was very sweet and welcoming. They helped us book our ferry back to Buenos Aires. And when we got to the ferry one of the staff members were taking the same ferry. He helped us understand what the ferry people was saying in spanish on the speakers. so even when they weren't working, they still helped us. I would recommend this Hostel to my friends.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

This hostel is nice, it has a good atmosphere and it is in walking distance from the bus station, port and the old town. There is also a supermarket at the end of the road. The bathrooms and showers could do with abit of a touch up but overall we enjoyed our stay here.

My luck was that I was only one night because it was a pretty rough night. Stayed in a twin room with my boyfriend and we had to use a bathroom outside the room, which, though not dirty or smell bad, it was so horrible that we had no courage to take shower or use the bathroom. The bedroom ceiling was very low and very ugly decor. The bed was very uncomfortable. We had an accident on the stairs giving access to the room and any employee came to rescue us or know if we were right. Not worth it.

There wasn't hot water when I stayed at the hostel. That was the only problem.

The crew is very organized and professional as I've never seen before. Lovely place to be!

Please do something about the bed bugs.... The room I had was next to the patio, where people chatted late into the night.... Then what's the use of choosing a 4 beds room, thinking it would be quiet... If you can't sleep because of the noise outside. I understang a hostel is a place to meet travellers, but it would be nice if the hostel explained that it is also a place to rest and be in good shape and mood for the next day. There is a nice room inside with TV and sofas, better hang out place

If you have an International Hostel Card DO NOT book on hostelworld hostel will not give you the 15% discount for the hostel membership. Book on IYH Hostel Site. Only hostel that does this. Room OK . Kitchen OK. Staff helpful. Excellent $11 Saturday Night BBQ all you can eat. Show the IYH card to get the discount to $10, Can get noisey and will not shut people up till 2 AM. Large garden back area. Has computers that work OK. Good breakfest included. Not far from BA boats. Takes credit cards.

The facts: BED BUGS! After the second night they offered to change rooms. They washed all my clothes for free. But I had to pay all nights. As in the review from jan 31 2014, girl super nice, guy not as much. She also had BED BUGS. Location nice, breakfast good.

Beautiful old building, great location and a decent breakfast

The hostel in the old building was nice, especially the location in the centre of Colonia. We only stayed one night but we recogniced that the staff was not very friendly and warm and there were loud noises by a technical machine during the night. All in all we were satisfied but it wasnt one of the nicest hostels we have been to

It was nice to stay there, the chill-out-area is quite nice and the atmosphere is good. But I wonder if the staff like their jobs. They speak little and without took away the marmelade and the dulce de leche, while a backpacker prepared his last bread, so he couldn't finish his preparations.

Convenient location, nice building and rooms, comfortable beds. Wireless internet was very spotty--almost unusable. Breakfast wasn't stellar, but adequate. Staff friendly and helpful.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel is amazing. I booked for 3 nights, and I stayed 3 more nights. The atmosphere is so peacefull and I am sure you will stay more than your first booking! The owner are all the time available for you and find everytime a solution to yours questions. Do the horseriding, Fabien is soo friendly, and the gallop on the beach during the sunset is perfect. Enjoy!

The vibe is very good. During breakfast you'll get to know a lot of backpackers since you will be sitting at one of the two big tables sitting close to one another. We had the opportunity to store our backpacks in lockers for some time when we checked out. The kitchen is a bit small, but they have a nice patio and a great roofterrace. A maximum of two nights is enough to explore colonia.

Nice and beautiful place with a very friendly staff. Location is definitely the best!

Great staff. Normally i avoid chains of hostels, but this one was a very good surprise. Nice located, close to the port, and with a good room. One of the best i ever been in south america.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5