El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Great location, right on the edge of the historic district and close to the ferry terminal; friendly staff, solid facilities - everything you need from a hostel. Perfect place to stay to enjoy the old-town vibes of Colonia del Sacramento.

• 27th Aug 2015

It worths for the price!

Nice Hostel, Helpful staff, no complaints

• 7th Aug 2015

Nice place with a good vibe.

Bathrooms are small and not so clean. Breakfast good and a very nice hostel. I would go again.

Friendly helpful staff, great location, excellent wifi! Dorm room was a bit muggy and moldy though.

The building itself was very nice, but the room we specifically were in was very crowded and pretty run down. The staff were very nice and helpful, which was definitely appreciated. I did feel it was hard to meet people (just didn't seem to be the vibe) but I think this was largely due to our own language barrier. Next time would opt for a more private room. Thanks for a pleasant stay!

I will come back! Amazing place. One of the best hostels I've ever visited, gracias a the atmosphere, location, helpful staff and everything. Magic.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Norway

I have stayed at Che Lagarto and El Viajero in Colonia. While both hostels were great, I found El Viajero was larger, had better breakfast, and was better staffed. I also really liked the fact that the bathroom was inside the female dorm and not outside in the hallway. El Viajero is slightly closer to touristy area of Colonia (a few blocks).

Best shower I have had on my travels so far, the staff are helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good with a fair variety. The beds and bathrooms were clean. I have nothing negative to say really.

Great place with good location and staff. They have a great bar and try to organise eating/drinking parties to everybody hang out. Nice stay, recommend it!

Thanks for all staffs to give good experience to me.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Japan

It was a very relaxed stay in El Viajero, but even though it's pretty much off season I really enjoyed the lovely town of Colonia. I can imagine though that in summer the hostel is very noisy. Furthermore, th Uruguayan breakfast is perfect for people who like sweets, but for me it is the opposite. Only some toast, dulce de leite, jam and sweet cereals don't do it for me. I would have appreciated at least to have some fruits as well. Also, the kitchen is rather small.

Very good hostel, I will choose it once more when I go back in Uruguay.

• 19th Jun 2015

Cleaning staff talking loudly outside room early in the morning. 4 bed dorm cold and ugly, bigger dorms were much nicer En suite bathroom was ridiculous, toilet was basically in the shower Not enough charging sockets in room For the price I expected them to at least make the bed for you, not just hand you sheets Nice communal area Great free-use computers Good WiFi Front desk staff very friendly and helpful Really good deals if you stay at more of their hostels

• 29th May 2015

Good location in town and close to the ferry port. It had a small kitchen. Breakfast was standard bread/jam/dulce de leche. Lockers in the rooms were underneath the beds and showers were hot. This was the first hostel for me in Uruguay which did not allow you to bring alcohol into it so that was unfortunate. Overall just a typical hostel.

this place is magical. be sure to stay up late and jam out with the staff outside on the curb. highly recommended.

Great location,minutes away from the ferry terminal.Nice deco in the hostel, friendly staff. Kitchen was ok. It was a chilled,relaxed hostel but my stay was killed by some guests making noises late into the night and I couldn't sleep a wink. My room was located right beside the patio and walls were terribly thin,including people walking by. I would have appreciated had the staff reminded the guests to be mindful of their noise levels despite the merry making, because others were trying to sleep

I had a great time...hope to come back in the future :)

• 10th May 2015

The staff was excellent at making us feel welcome, and very helpful with suggestions of where to go/what to do.

« first « Prev 1 2 3