El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

In a nice old building about ten minutes walk from the ferry port and very close to the historic town centre. The staff were nice as was the common area and breakfast. Rooms were quite basic but nothing bad to say the least.

Thank you very much for your comment! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

This hostel is great. Just a litlle feedback to the staff, it's important to avoid doing noise inside the room when showing the facilites to new guests.

Thank you very much for your suggestion! We'll keep in mind! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

The staff was very helpful and made the stay very pleasent. I have been at the Colonia location before and I was very pleased with the amenities and the warm welcome. Very friendly and great atmosphere. No doubts I´ll come back in the future. Godspeed, Ed

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you very much! I hope whenever you want! It was a pleasure for us! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

Location is great, close to the historic area. Friendly and helpful staff. Large dorm rooms with own ensuite which is good.

One of the best hostels in South America. It has everything, including bicycles and an Iron.

This is one of a few hostels that has everything - excellent hostel!

Place is great location , nice staff, good céreal for breakfast , and clean ... Baths need some updates :) but good for the money!

Very friendly staff, great atmosphere, good location. Very clean, comfortable beds. I also stayed in el Viajero in Montevideo which was also very good but not as good.

the only problem that i've got, was the fact that i reserve one room and they have some problems to put me in the one that i what it. so i ve to change places. bu the el viagero bb was very good.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The breakfast was ok (no fruits or savouries). The rooms don't have key. In my case, the bathroom was inside the 6-bed room so sometimes was busy or quite noisy (specially during the night). The staff was very helpful when needed.

We really enjoyed our brief stay here in Colonia. The hostel was great... open fire, delicious asado, clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff and guests, very close to the historic area. Highly recommend! We hope to return one day.

Cool staff. Great BBQ night

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night before heading to Montevideo. Staff were very helpful and the social area had good vibes, ideal for friends / solo travellers. They also have a kitchen for use which we didn't take advantage of but others were cooking dinner. We had a good recommendation from the staff for a well-priced local parilla on 18 de Julio. The lack of wifi in our room was a problem for us as we are working / travelling, but may not both other people. The damp smell in our roo

Excellent location at walking distance of every tourist attraction, as well as the port and bus station. Nice, helpful staff. Couldn't see much of the atmosphere as I only stayed there for one night. All in all, I would choose them again in a next visit to Colonia.

Decent hostel in lovely old building right in the heart of town and walking distance to port and bus station. Spacious dorms but all bathrooms are en suite to rooms which is frustrating as you only have access to the one in your room and it's just bad luck if your room mates spend hours in there when you need to pee or they leave a mess. BBQ dinner was not great value for money and the glass of "wine" was very unpleasant.

Awesome hostel. With all the things you´d expect from a large chain. Highly reccomended

Right in the heart of Colonia, not that that is hard to do in such a small town, this is a decent hostel, though security is a little lacking. There are no keys to the room and people could walk straight in off the street. That said, it's probably not going to happen in this beautiful, sleepy little town. And you do have a very large locker under your bed. The staff are also very nice and happy to help out and the beds were pretty comfortable. They also put on a BBQ, very cheap and tasty.

The dorms are right next to the common areas and on saturday they make a BBQ, listened music too loud and making unnecessary noise. It kept me awake until 1:30 am and I think the hostel have a responsibility to make people show respect for others, especially after midnight. Great location and the breakfast was a bit poor.

Good hostel overall. Close to the old town of Colonia. Helpful staff and good breakfast. My only "complaint" is that the building is quite old, and so some of the rooms really show their age (like the bathroom). It also got a bit cold (I stayed during the winter) even with the heat on.

Great location very close to town but rooms are very small and the breakfast wasn't great. Hard to see why it's so highly rated - ok overall but not brilliant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4