El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

1949 Total Reviews

I didn't like the room I was put in to sleep at all. Too many spiders, terrible stairs, noisy storage room underneath it, no bathroom inside the room, and it lacks maintenance. Avoid room 1! Staff was friendly, nice common area.

Great place to chill for a few days, nice laid back atmosphere. Just need to fix your broken lockers guys.

The staff at the hostel were friendly and suggested activities to do in the area. I would stay there again.

• 13th Dec 2014

El Viajero Hostel is a beautiful, clean, warm place to stay in Colonia! The house invites to feel well and is really nice arranged. The stuff is perfect ;) Just really nice, helpful people that you enjoy to talk with. The prices are bit high, but thats unfortunately like this in Uruguay. Thanks a lot for the nice time ;) I would recommend everyone to go to that hostel!

• 12th Dec 2014

The hostel is a 10 minute walk from the bus and ferry port, so its location is excellent. Some of the dorms don´t have windows, which I found a bit strange. The staff were all very helpful, and the social areas are great and make it very easy to meet other travellers. It was all very clean, just a little bit run down. The breakfast was no better or worse than the usual south american hostel breakfast.

Really good location, breakfast better than many other hostels I´ve seen in South America and comfy beds!

The hostel is very close to the port and the bus station and absolutely walkable. I was in a 4 bed dorm that had some mold on the walls but at least it had AC. There is only one bathroom to share between two rooms which is a little annoying but serves it's purpose. They sell beer and wine and water so you don't even have to go to the store. The hostel does the job for a few nights in Colonia.

Would have given a higher score except for the bed bugs in room 4. Everything else was fine but that really ruined Colonia for me.

Very friendly staff who are very helpful with tourist info and any questions about the hostel. The common areas are clean and social. Breakfast is included in the rate and is a typical selection. It's located outside of the city center but there's a quick and frequent bus (the 121) that'll bring you into downtown. My one complaint was the first room we had was musty smelling and in an annex type of building. We complained got moved into a beautiful room with a balcony on the second floor.

Decent hostel. Good location in the small town of colonia. Room was a bit rough. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm, and it had no windows. It was an uncomfortable night. Breakfast pretty standard, staff really nice. Nice atmosphere.

I found this hostel to be very loud - both at night and early morning the sound resonated through to the dorm room very easily. The bathroom never appeared to be overly clean. The location is amazing and the staff are excellent and very friendly.

For the very high prices there should be better bathrooms and also a better and healthier breakfast. Okay for a night but not really a good hostel.

• 27th Nov 2014

Very average.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Nice Place to stay 2 days! No more...

Our stay in the hostel was nice, it has a nice terrace and it is between the bus station and the port and the city centre, so it is convenient enough. The staff was very helpful. Thanks.

this was the worst hostel i have ever stayed at. the room smelled like body odor and dirty sheets were on the floor. the bathroom did not even have a single hand towel to dry ones hands on, and towels for rent were over priced. the noise level at nigh was unbelievable: people were partying, yelling, screaming, and slamming doors ALL night long right outside our room. I could not sleep AT ALL because of the noise, and the hostel staff did nothing to make it quiet for those trying to rest.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Uruguay

Excellent location. Right in the middle of everything you'd want to see in Colonia if you are staying a night or two. Very short/easy walk to the bus and ferry terminals.Thoroughly enjoyed the company of the other travelers here, they have a great common room with windows opening up onto the street. Staff were helpful and friendly. Remember to turn on your room's air conditioning if you are in one without windows, or it's crowded (a room full of people gets hot!). Thanks for your hospitality!

BED BUGS! When I told the staff I got bitten thery were very caring and gave me new sheets and let me change my bed but they didn't even look which one my bed was. Also they didn't offer to wash my clothes.

Walking distance from the boat and nice staff. I really liked this hostel!

Really nice hostel with a very friendful staff. Also very easy to arrive when you come in by Ferry.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4