El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Staff was not friendly and helpful.

Very friendly staff. I stayed in female only dorm, great opportunity have his option. Cute old house, easy walkl from he bus station and right in the heart of everything.

• 24th Mar 2015

Dorm, breakfast, wifi etc all great. There is an outside sitting area immediately outside the dorm. Convenient in the day time, inconvenient when someone starts a loud conversation at 1am. Choose a different room if you are a light sleeper.

Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff, conveniently located very near old town. Air con didn't work (no remote) and we were given fan which was fine, as wasn't too hot when we were there (March '15). And we easily got decent refund (no problems), which was most appreciated, due to having paid for private room with a/c. Would stay there again.

Unfortunately the bed I slept in had bed bugs which i am allergic to, luckily i was only staying one night. The staff were very nice but I didn't get the impression that anything would be done to get rid of the bed bugs. And they didn't offer to wash my infested clothes. Aside from that, great location, the atmosphere was ok. The staff were very friendly.

• 14th Mar 2015

It's a very nice hostel, but mainly because of its location, which is near everything e just beside the best bar in town.

• 13th Mar 2015

Hostel was okay. Guy on reception was really helpful. Dorm okay, but the bathroom flooded so really difficult to use.

Rooms are very humid, more than climate causes. After stay all my stuff had a mouldy smell. Air Cond was never working. Staff was nice.

The location is very good. It takes less than 10 minutes walking from the bus terminal, the harbor and the main attractions of the town. The breakfast is ok. The bathroom was inside the bedroom, what was good but it was always completely wet. The kitchen is tiny and with few pans. Since of that the hostel could ask the guests to clean those they use as soon as they finish cooking.

My only complaint was being charged for a towel and my shower in the 4 person room flooded the bathroom when used.

Bathroom for each dorm room - great AC. Very nice location near the old city and easy walking distance to the ferry terminal. Great common areas - outdoor area, roof terrace and a bar/restaurant lounge area. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Comfy and relaxed hostel, a/c appreciated in rooms. Nice and accessible to/from ferry and town.

The hostel is perfectly located, around the corner of the old city and not more than 10 minutes walking from the bus and ferry terminal. The building is great, colourful with lots of charm, the rooms are spacious and allow you to store your luggage safely. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful whatever your question might be. Highly recommendable!

Rooms are too small, staff not nice.

This hostel is ok and the asado that they offer is great value for money. The worst thing however is the security. The door to the hostel is constantly kept open, as is the luggage store which is right by the entrance! I didn't see anybody questioned as to if they were guests or not when entering either by reception staff.

Hi , thanks for your feedback . We understand could look insecure with the front door open , but fortunately Colonia is a small and very secure town, and we are use to live with our doors open, not like in big cities.

Great atmosphere from the start. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms have a/c which is amazing and the breakfast was good. Overall great experience!

My boyfriend and I had a decent stay at el viajero hostel. The staff were friendly but didn't show us around the hostel when we first arrived - we discovered there was a lovely roof terrace on our own! The 4 bed dorm we stayed in was tiny but good enough and the hostel in general was clean. We were hoping to rent bikes through the hostel but all 5 bikes of theirs were broken! Good location, close to the main street, banks, restaurants etc. overall, a pleasant stay.

Pretty decent place, good location, friendly staff, ok breakfast, convenient to bus and ferry. Nothing special but adequate for the money.

This hostel was great. It had a good set up. The beds were comfy and the rooms clean. One of the better hostels I've seen. I liked the multiple common areas and patio. Good WiFi.

The beds were comfy and air conditioning works well. We were given the information we needed upon arrival in order to navigate the area. The staff didn't really talk to us much but our stay was made fun by a great crowd of other travellers whom we eat the asado with in the evening. Location is good, close to the port and bus station. The beach is not too far to walk it cycle. Keep to the back streets if you want reasonably priced food!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5