El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

I stayed only 1 night and it was nice. They have a very nice breakfast and the rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly but they could have more bathrooms because there is only one in the hostel! Anyway if I return to Colonia I'll stay there again!

Comfy beds, big locker but not much space for big backpack as it doesnt fit in the locker. Small but nice kitchen.

Very good hostel, can be pretty noisy from the backyard though.

The staff were helpful. Rooms were nice and clean. Location was great. Close to the port, bus station and old town. The breakfast was ok. The hostel can get noisy at night as alot of the doors creak. I had a good stay there....

Very nice hostel located in the center of Colonia. Friendly staff, nice people, good atmosphere. Would go there again!

The hostel is one of the best hostel that I ever had. The place is so nice. The room is very clean. The staffs are so friendly.I just loved it.

A girl I was travelling with got bed bugs. It totally ruined her holiday. The lady on the desk was nice and helpful but the guy in the evening barely looked up from his pc and seemed really irritated by questions from his guests. There was a polaver with the only air con remote going missing too. On the whole, my experience here was below par. I do not recommend it I'm afraid.

I found at least 4 bed bugs in my bed (they were the ones I saw) and was bitten 50-60 times. Very itchy unpleasant bites that swelled up all over my hands, arms and back! Not good. Also I was told the air conditioning in my room was broken but in fact they had just temporarily lost the remote for it.

Staff is really friendly

Nice room, enough space. Clean. The shower was the only bad thing. Will go back.

This is a really nice hostel in an old colonial building. The common areas were good but the hostel was pretty full when we were there so it got very cramped - particularly at breakfast time. WiFi was very poor.

Average hostel, everything seems okay but atmosphere isnt great. Staff seems to be really working and not fully enjoying what they do. Good place for staying the night though.

Nice place, nice breakfast! Only stayed here one night, but from what I've seen it is very nice, quiet, but has a great atmosphere.

It was a bit weird that there was only one remote for all the ACs in all rooms, but the BBQ night organized by the hostel was very cool, a good opportunity to meet others in the hostel.

The hostel is very clean and tidy, the location was great, only a few blocks away from the port and the bus station. It was also pretty close to the old city, which is beautiful, and there were supermarkets and other stores nearby. The hostel's rooms were nice and comfortable. I totally recommend it!

Very cool hostel, you feel at home. They have BBQ at night and a nice commun room very you get to know a lot of travelers. Close to the old city

Stayed here for one night and had a blast. Strolled around town and had a hostel BBQ which was amazing. Would return if I get the change

I really enjoyed my stay. Good vibe and thex organize activities for the evening.

This place has air conditioning (not too cold) which is awesome in summer when it's like 37C. The room was comfortable but water leaked everywhere out of shower if you didn't position the curtain right, which was annoying. Location is good.

The hostel is good and the staff is super nice. My room had air conditioner which was extremely important 'cause it was super hot. I stayed only for 1 night so I don't have much to say. Really well located.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels