El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

1912 Total Reviews

Nice hostel in the centre of Colonia. Has the things you need for a short stay in Colonia. Nice living room to chill out. Tip: have breakfast on the roof terrace if the weather is suitable, a nice way to wake up :)

El Viajero was a great spot for a quick Colonia trip. It had a very laid back vibe and nice rooftop, and is close walking distance to everything. The breakfast is pretty standard and there weren't enough people there to do the BBQ but the staff gave us recommendations of where to go. Overall we had a good stay here and I would recommend it.

In a nice old building about ten minutes walk from the ferry port and very close to the historic town centre. The staff were nice as was the common area and breakfast. Rooms were quite basic but nothing bad to say the least.

Thank you very much for your comment! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

This hostel is great. Just a litlle feedback to the staff, it's important to avoid doing noise inside the room when showing the facilites to new guests.

Thank you very much for your suggestion! We'll keep in mind! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

This hostel was great. No issues at all. They have a cozy living room with a fireplace that warms up the whole place, included with a guitar for anyone to play. The breakfast was simple but tasty. Right next to the historic part of Colonia and next door to a craft brewery with amazing beer.

The staff was very helpful and made the stay very pleasent. I have been at the Colonia location before and I was very pleased with the amenities and the warm welcome. Very friendly and great atmosphere. No doubts I´ll come back in the future. Godspeed, Ed

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you very much! I hope whenever you want! It was a pleasure for us! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

Location is great, close to the historic area. Friendly and helpful staff. Large dorm rooms with own ensuite which is good.

A really cosy hostel in a good location in town. Staff not overly helpful and lacked local knowledge.

One of the best hostels in South America. It has everything, including bicycles and an Iron.

This is one of a few hostels that has everything - excellent hostel!

Place is great location , nice staff, good céreal for breakfast , and clean ... Baths need some updates :) but good for the money!

Very friendly staff, great atmosphere, good location. Very clean, comfortable beds. I also stayed in el Viajero in Montevideo which was also very good but not as good.

the only problem that i've got, was the fact that i reserve one room and they have some problems to put me in the one that i what it. so i ve to change places. bu the el viagero bb was very good.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Good value for money and very helpful staff!

The breakfast was ok (no fruits or savouries). The rooms don't have key. In my case, the bathroom was inside the 6-bed room so sometimes was busy or quite noisy (specially during the night). The staff was very helpful when needed.

We really enjoyed our brief stay here in Colonia. The hostel was great... open fire, delicious asado, clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff and guests, very close to the historic area. Highly recommend! We hope to return one day.

Cool staff. Great BBQ night

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night before heading to Montevideo. Staff were very helpful and the social area had good vibes, ideal for friends / solo travellers. They also have a kitchen for use which we didn't take advantage of but others were cooking dinner. We had a good recommendation from the staff for a well-priced local parilla on 18 de Julio. The lack of wifi in our room was a problem for us as we are working / travelling, but may not both other people. The damp smell in our roo

Excellent location at walking distance of every tourist attraction, as well as the port and bus station. Nice, helpful staff. Couldn't see much of the atmosphere as I only stayed there for one night. All in all, I would choose them again in a next visit to Colonia.

Decent hostel in lovely old building right in the heart of town and walking distance to port and bus station. Spacious dorms but all bathrooms are en suite to rooms which is frustrating as you only have access to the one in your room and it's just bad luck if your room mates spend hours in there when you need to pee or they leave a mess. BBQ dinner was not great value for money and the glass of "wine" was very unpleasant.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels