El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Definitely one of the first places to spend a night at in Colonia! Very close to both the ferry, bus-terminal and also the barrio viejo de Colonia.

Great place! Fun community vibe. They offered a bbq night when we were there and many of the guests took up the offer, and we chatted and played card games all night. Definitely recommended.

• 17th May 2014

All you could ask for. BBQ dinner was excellent.

If you stay here, ask not to be put in Room #1. The room entrance is in the alcove leading onto the street rather than in the hostel itself. Also, there is only one bathroom /toilet to share between rooms 1 and 5....most inconvenient. The staff were friendly and helpful, though.

Great staff, furniture and facilities are old but charming, no wifi upstairs

The Hostel El Viajero in Montevideo should improve the the organization and cleanning of the kitchen. The other features are good. The hostel El Viajero in Colonia y Punta del Este are amazing and wonderful. Congratulations for the staff and for Mr. Eros for the outstanding job an attention. Best Regards, Daniel

The hostel is walking distance from both the ferry/bus terminal and the town centre. The communal areas are good, though our dorm was a little on the small side. There's always someone at the desk who can help out, and even though we were there at the end of the season and the place was fairly empty there was still a good, chilled, atmosphere. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to others.

Pros: Staff was kind and helpful, beds and bathrooms were clean, delicious Asado that I suggest you pay extra for if the hostel offers it during your stay. Cons: No functioning wifi for the 24 hrs I was there which made it inconvenient to make plans and reservations, guests were partying in the common area right outside our room until around 4am. Even if it's considered a party hostel, there still needs to be some kind of curfew after 2am.

• 5th May 2014

The Viajero Hostel in Colonia is nothing short of a little gem - it is a haven of tranquility and friendliness, with clean dorms, lovely common rooms, and very helpful and friendly staff. Whilst I was there, I also enjoyed a barbecue, delivered to guests at a very cheap price, and this was a really wonderful way to get to know the other guests. One of the best hostels I've stayed at during my trip to Argentina and Uruguay.

I liked the Hostel very much! The staff is great! It is near the bus station and to the Ferry, close to everywhere! One day, the staff made a Barbicue party, which was excellent! The breakfast is free , there is a very nice garden and a terrace, and the rooms are clean. At night it is a little bit noisy, but despite that, I think that hostel is one of the best hostel I 've stayed at so far.

v. lovely and charming, it was a great surprise! breakfast with good options and v. comfortable accomodations, strongly recommended!

• 28th Apr 2014

Only there 1 night But really good atmosphere and amazing BBQ!

The barbeque was really delicious that they put on for the hostel. A perfect location very central to town, ferry terminal and bus station. Staff were very nice and trying to be helpful they do not speak much English.

This hostel was much too noisy. The music was very loud in the evening and it went on until 1-2am. I was not able to sleep well at all.

No $#!t - a great hostel!

Too noisy. Since 22PM til 2AM, a band of local people have been bothering us - the 4x shared room habitues - with drums sounds and loud speech, coming from the street. None of the staff had guts to ask them to leave and keep the neighborhood alone. I could enter my room, coming from the outside, without anyone having knowledge of that.

As the city is very small the location of the hostel is not a problem. Walking distance 5 to 10 mins from main points. The hostel itself is OK. We stayed in a 4 bed ensuite. Bathroom small but OK. Great atmosphere. The only thing was the STAFF guy at night which was VERY RUDE to all of the questions we've made.

Nice hostel. I was not that cozy though and for me it was too noisy. It 3 am People were still laughing, talking in the common room and the staff did not say anything about it. I was the only person in my dorm so that was good.

Great staff, they organized a great barbeque while I was there for a very good price

good location, walking distance from the ferry terminal/bus station and town - but colonia is very small. Helpful staff, and a nice set up. Was a very good option.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels