El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Nice hostel, the staff were´t very knowledgable about anything but we found our way around ok. The bike hire is insnaely high to the point where I don´t understand why they even bother having them.

Was a great little place to stay for a night in Colonia, good vibes, great BBQ (seriously delicious), friendly staff, really cute place. Only minor issue was wifi didn't reach the rooms, was only really working well in the reception area but that's not a big deal.

Great hostel in a great location with friendly staff and nice rooms. Beds I found to be very comfortable.

Wifi was pretty bad, but that's my only complaint - and it always worked, it was just difficult finding a spot with a connection! Place is beautiful, staff friendly, atmosphere good and location excellent. A good place to stay overall.

Good position to visit the old part of town and to reach the ferry and bus terminal. Dorm rooms were quite old as so was the kitchen.

Cool hostel. Only stayed here one night and things were extremely quiet when we were there so was hard to get a good feel for the place. Certainly had potential to be a great hostel though.

very well located, staff Hugo helps everyone, good atmosphere, would totaly go back

This was a lovely hostel to stay in with friendly and helpful staff. Great location to get to old part of town. We hired bikes from the hostel too. Breakfast was also very good. Pub next door with good selection of beers!

Definitely one of the first places to spend a night at in Colonia! Very close to both the ferry, bus-terminal and also the barrio viejo de Colonia.

Great place! Fun community vibe. They offered a bbq night when we were there and many of the guests took up the offer, and we chatted and played card games all night. Definitely recommended.

• 17th May 2014

All you could ask for. BBQ dinner was excellent.

If you stay here, ask not to be put in Room #1. The room entrance is in the alcove leading onto the street rather than in the hostel itself. Also, there is only one bathroom /toilet to share between rooms 1 and 5....most inconvenient. The staff were friendly and helpful, though.

Great staff, furniture and facilities are old but charming, no wifi upstairs

The Hostel El Viajero in Montevideo should improve the the organization and cleanning of the kitchen. The other features are good. The hostel El Viajero in Colonia y Punta del Este are amazing and wonderful. Congratulations for the staff and for Mr. Eros for the outstanding job an attention. Best Regards, Daniel

The hostel is walking distance from both the ferry/bus terminal and the town centre. The communal areas are good, though our dorm was a little on the small side. There's always someone at the desk who can help out, and even though we were there at the end of the season and the place was fairly empty there was still a good, chilled, atmosphere. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to others.

Pros: Staff was kind and helpful, beds and bathrooms were clean, delicious Asado that I suggest you pay extra for if the hostel offers it during your stay. Cons: No functioning wifi for the 24 hrs I was there which made it inconvenient to make plans and reservations, guests were partying in the common area right outside our room until around 4am. Even if it's considered a party hostel, there still needs to be some kind of curfew after 2am.

• 5th May 2014

The Viajero Hostel in Colonia is nothing short of a little gem - it is a haven of tranquility and friendliness, with clean dorms, lovely common rooms, and very helpful and friendly staff. Whilst I was there, I also enjoyed a barbecue, delivered to guests at a very cheap price, and this was a really wonderful way to get to know the other guests. One of the best hostels I've stayed at during my trip to Argentina and Uruguay.

I liked the Hostel very much! The staff is great! It is near the bus station and to the Ferry, close to everywhere! One day, the staff made a Barbicue party, which was excellent! The breakfast is free , there is a very nice garden and a terrace, and the rooms are clean. At night it is a little bit noisy, but despite that, I think that hostel is one of the best hostel I 've stayed at so far.

v. lovely and charming, it was a great surprise! breakfast with good options and v. comfortable accomodations, strongly recommended!

• 28th Apr 2014

Only there 1 night But really good atmosphere and amazing BBQ!

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels