El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

The barbeque was really delicious that they put on for the hostel. A perfect location very central to town, ferry terminal and bus station. Staff were very nice and trying to be helpful they do not speak much English.

This hostel was much too noisy. The music was very loud in the evening and it went on until 1-2am. I was not able to sleep well at all.

No $#!t - a great hostel!

Too noisy. Since 22PM til 2AM, a band of local people have been bothering us - the 4x shared room habitues - with drums sounds and loud speech, coming from the street. None of the staff had guts to ask them to leave and keep the neighborhood alone. I could enter my room, coming from the outside, without anyone having knowledge of that.

As the city is very small the location of the hostel is not a problem. Walking distance 5 to 10 mins from main points. The hostel itself is OK. We stayed in a 4 bed ensuite. Bathroom small but OK. Great atmosphere. The only thing was the STAFF guy at night which was VERY RUDE to all of the questions we've made.

Nice hostel. I was not that cozy though and for me it was too noisy. It 3 am People were still laughing, talking in the common room and the staff did not say anything about it. I was the only person in my dorm so that was good.

Great staff, they organized a great barbeque while I was there for a very good price

good location, walking distance from the ferry terminal/bus station and town - but colonia is very small. Helpful staff, and a nice set up. Was a very good option.

We stayed in a double room. Clean an comfortable hostel, nice staff, well situated.

Great hostel to meet other travelers of all ages, mostly above mid20s. Unique space with lots of common areas. Great 4 bed dorm with ensuite bathroom. Parts could be a bit cleaner. Overall great and staff was very helpful. Would stay again!

• 16th Apr 2014

Staff don't seem to enjoy their jobs (aren't very welcoming) and there was no room key for the dorm room I was staying in at the front of the building (which means people could walk into the dorm off the street without even having to pass reception). All in all, there is nothing to recommend this hostel but it does the job insofar as being a place to sleep for a night. The hostel has a bar and communal area but was very quiet the night I stayed there.

Short but good stay. The staff were nice and helpful. The powerpoints in the rooms were difficult to use.

The staff was not really good and helpful. The breakfast was poor (just bread, butter and one type of jam). The internet connection was not the best. The room nr 5 is the best, and the environment overall is nice. It's located very close to the old city centre, very good position, and it's not far for the bus station (for buses to Montevideo) and harbour (boats to Argentina).

The staff was very sweet and welcoming. They helped us book our ferry back to Buenos Aires. And when we got to the ferry one of the staff members were taking the same ferry. He helped us understand what the ferry people was saying in spanish on the speakers. so even when they weren't working, they still helped us. I would recommend this Hostel to my friends.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

This hostel is nice, it has a good atmosphere and it is in walking distance from the bus station, port and the old town. There is also a supermarket at the end of the road. The bathrooms and showers could do with abit of a touch up but overall we enjoyed our stay here.

My luck was that I was only one night because it was a pretty rough night. Stayed in a twin room with my boyfriend and we had to use a bathroom outside the room, which, though not dirty or smell bad, it was so horrible that we had no courage to take shower or use the bathroom. The bedroom ceiling was very low and very ugly decor. The bed was very uncomfortable. We had an accident on the stairs giving access to the room and any employee came to rescue us or know if we were right. Not worth it.

There wasn't hot water when I stayed at the hostel. That was the only problem.

Good atmosphere and staff. The bathroom was cramped and a bit dirty, but worked well enough.

The crew is very organized and professional as I've never seen before. Lovely place to be!

Please do something about the bed bugs.... The room I had was next to the patio, where people chatted late into the night.... Then what's the use of choosing a 4 beds room, thinking it would be quiet... If you can't sleep because of the noise outside. I understang a hostel is a place to meet travellers, but it would be nice if the hostel explained that it is also a place to rest and be in good shape and mood for the next day. There is a nice room inside with TV and sofas, better hang out place

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels