El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

2099 Total Reviews

Good place to spend a couple of days and meeting people. It's really close to the bus terminal, the boat to Buenos Aires and the touristic area, so it makes everything easier.

This hostel's customer service is awful. I put money down the night before to hold the only remaining room, and paid extra fees to allow me to cancel because I was in a bind due to canceled transportation. The next morning, my last remaining travel option to Uruguay was canceled due to weather. I immediately contacted the hostel, but they refused to work with me. They told me I hadn't given 24 hours notice, but I had booked it less than 24 hours before. Such poor customer service

The Atmosphere could't be better. Staff members are vey nice, very helpful and very cheerful. At the end of the year, they organized Barbecue at night. It was a wonderful oportunity to get to know other people hosted at the hostel!

• 29th Dec 2014

We need more power sockets and in a room: closer to our beds; small lights would be great as well. Thank you.

Good location and nice staff.

I stayed there for a night and was very good, nice bed, air conditioning and a nice breakfast. The bar just behind the hostel is awesome. Good location too.

Very nice location. Breakfast good for the honest price. Nothing to complain about. I would stay here again!

We Stayed in Colonia for only 2 nights and couldnt enjoy the hostel. But staff was very helpfull and polite. Breakfast place has a great atmosphere, and I think the localization of the rooms are very good too! different than the other Hostel that I stayed after El Viajero, The Open Bar Party didnt affect our sleep. We were upstairs close to the kitchen and the garden. There was a good window for fresh breeze, lovely place.

There was a problem with the electricity and internet temporarily but otherwise everything was good

I didn't like the room I was put in to sleep at all. Too many spiders, terrible stairs, noisy storage room underneath it, no bathroom inside the room, and it lacks maintenance. Avoid room 1! Staff was friendly, nice common area.

Great place to chill for a few days, nice laid back atmosphere. Just need to fix your broken lockers guys.

Very fine hostel and worth a stay if you do a night or two in Colonia. Staff are great and the breakfast is real good. Location is nice too.

We got a twin room, shared bathroom. It was pretty tight, no room under bed for bags. Main problem was the shared bathroom was downstairs and next to reception. Meant to be for just 2 rooms but because it was next to reception, everyone seemed to using it. They need a separate shower and toilet.

The staff at the hostel were friendly and suggested activities to do in the area. I would stay there again.

• 13th Dec 2014

El Viajero Hostel is a beautiful, clean, warm place to stay in Colonia! The house invites to feel well and is really nice arranged. The stuff is perfect ;) Just really nice, helpful people that you enjoy to talk with. The prices are bit high, but thats unfortunately like this in Uruguay. Thanks a lot for the nice time ;) I would recommend everyone to go to that hostel!

• 12th Dec 2014

The hostel is a 10 minute walk from the bus and ferry port, so its location is excellent. Some of the dorms don´t have windows, which I found a bit strange. The staff were all very helpful, and the social areas are great and make it very easy to meet other travellers. It was all very clean, just a little bit run down. The breakfast was no better or worse than the usual south american hostel breakfast.

Really good location, breakfast better than many other hostels I´ve seen in South America and comfy beds!

The hostel is very close to the port and the bus station and absolutely walkable. I was in a 4 bed dorm that had some mold on the walls but at least it had AC. There is only one bathroom to share between two rooms which is a little annoying but serves it's purpose. They sell beer and wine and water so you don't even have to go to the store. The hostel does the job for a few nights in Colonia.

Would have given a higher score except for the bed bugs in room 4. Everything else was fine but that really ruined Colonia for me.

Very friendly staff who are very helpful with tourist info and any questions about the hostel. The common areas are clean and social. Breakfast is included in the rate and is a typical selection. It's located outside of the city center but there's a quick and frequent bus (the 121) that'll bring you into downtown. My one complaint was the first room we had was musty smelling and in an annex type of building. We complained got moved into a beautiful room with a balcony on the second floor.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels