El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Very close to the historic center and to the bus and ferry terminal, so it's easy to walk around. My room had air conditioner, what is great.

The facilities are all in a good condition, everything is clean. All rooms come with AC, really nice! Staff was ok, not really helpful or open and I missed the backpacker athosphere there...but still a nice hostel, with nice facilities in a good location.

Was a nice Clean hostel with helpful staff who assisted us with booking our next bus tickets etc. there is ZERO atmosphere at this place but Colonia in general was pretty but quite boring. Great Microbrewery next door helped solve the problem!

Good hostel. Great decor and a comfy room. Lockers weren't big enough for backpack and little space to put everyone's stuff in the room. Room was was clean and hostel is located in good walking distance toeverything

Amazing place with wonderful hosts. We stayed there for 5 nights and enjoyed it very much. The place is buzzing with various birds (humming birds right outside our window!), and El Galope's own animals are very sweet too. The horse riding is great fun - beginners get a lesson and Miguel and Monica make sure that everyone wears the necessary safety gear. I'll be back. :) Oh, and the home-cooked meals are very tasty, too. :) Definitely recommended!

This hostel is really good. Well organized and cozy. The staff was friendly, receptive, helped us in our stay in the city and reserved our bus tickets.

The manager (fredrico i think) was very helpfull and keen on us having a good stay. We had a really good stay.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is really nice, especially Federico, the roof terrace is lovely and the rooms are big.

Staff was great, they received us in Portuguese but I heard all of them speaking English quite well. Too. Room was clean and nice, with a/c, but the bunkbeds didn't have ladders. It was hard to go up. It was very hard to lock the door, but we had the key. It was a few blocks away from the centre and the historical area. Good.

Very nice place to stay.

Hostel very well located, close to the bus station and old city, staff is really friendly. Breakfast with a delicious " dulce de leche ". Everything was good!

• 4th Jan 2014

Great hostel in a colonial style building. Everything was perfect!

This place was fine. Had great AC in the rooms, so it got really cold which was awesome bc it was so hot outside. The staff were just ok. They didnt really go out of their way for you, they didnt have any excitment really. They were just kind of blah. I felt bad asking questions, bc they didnt seem very open to it. But other than that, it was a good stay. Clean, great location, cheap.

We had a very good time in Viajero Hostel, the staff is nice and present, the rooms are quiet even if there is party at the bar. Nice breakfast and localisation. We loved the atmosphere of the hostel, it is realy beautiful, I wish we come back there! We recommand!!!!

The hostel is visually interesting and well organized and I mostly liked my stay as I did when I went to El Viajero Ciudad Vieja in Montevideo, but I had two little problems there: 1) the twin bedroom we were at was too hot, probably due to the glass dome above it; 2) there was a hostel-organized party that night, and even after reasonable hours, the participants would not shut up, and we noticed no effort in refraining that behavior.

I really liked my stay at El Viajero. Good size bedrooms and good matrasses. Nice common areas. Easy to meet other travellers. Very friendly and helpful staff.. Location is very good as well. Colonia is a really beautiful and relaxed little town. Would recommend the place.

Hostel in good location to explore the town. Decent hostel but breakfast is quite poor. Nice town for a few days though.

We had a great stay at El Viajero. The staff was really helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast =)

Pretty standard. Nice location.

This place has a nice vibe with a roof terrace and a patio. The rooms were small and the electricity went out for a couple of hours when I was there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing what is abut concerning is that everyone seem to be able to walk in the hostel and go into the rooms since the front door is always open and there are no locks on the rooms.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels