El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

I didn't like the atmosphere (very strange people there) which was one reason why I left earlier. I stayed in the dorm close to the entrance which was tiny and reached by a dangerously steep narrow staircase. Cleanliness could be improved, especially in the bathrooms. And there were not enough bathrooms. Breakfast was ok. The location is close to the sights and the terminals, but I think this is nothing special, since Colonia is very small. The laundryservice they recommended was very expensive.

Nice and cozy hostel. Has very relaxed atmosphere, with cool patios and great common areas.

Great stay, the hostel is near to the old part of the city and the B&B was nicely appointed.

Great location. Staff was very helpful and friendly. They are very focused on cleanliness. Always cleaning which I really appreciated. Nice common area to chat with other travelers. Highly recommend for Colonia.

• 1st Nov 2013

The staff was sepcially nice and helpfull!!! I would certainly go back there! I would only suggest that they make very clear, from the check-in, that we have to wash our own dishes after having breakfast (actually I did not see it in the infos on Hostelworld, it's important for us to know before making the reservation).

Hola Lygia!! Nos agrada saber que disfrutaste tu estadia aqui y que te hayas llevado una buena impresión de nosotros. Que tengas un lindo viaje y suerte! Staff el viajero Colonia

Nice hostel! Very friendly staff and the location is great.

Emilie , thanks a lot for comment about us , hope to see you next time and have a nice trip! thanks a lot Staff el viajero

Had a great stay there, I dont know why people would complain about this place :) It has a very nice and relaxed atmosphere, the living room is cosy, the garden and terrace are perfect to hang out and meet people, it just feels like being in a friendly big old home :) The staff is great too!!! The location is perfect, just in between the terminal on one side and the old town on the other (5min walk from each) -- Thank you guys !!

hI JULIE!!! Thanks a lot for the comment, and it is good to know you like our small but beautiful hostel , and of course our cuty! See you next time!! Staff el viajero

Very helpful staff, couldn't do enough for you. Hostel was comfortable, twin room a bit expensive and lack of bathrooms was noticeable. The living room was comfy, kitchen quite small but adequate. Good central location easy walking distance to the historic centre. No lockers for your stuff and the door was always open so security could be better. Not a bad place to stay!

Hi Philippa , how are you?? Thanks a lot for the comment , and it is nice to know that you enjyed your staying here and our city!! See you next time! Staff el viajero Colonia

Great location, great and helpful staff, great time in Colonia :-). Thank you and would definitive recommend this place !

Hello Natacha!! thanks a lot for the comment and scores , is goinf to be very usefull It is nice to know you enjoyed your staying here and you like our city! See you next time! Staff el viajero colonia

I booked a 8 bed mixed dorm, but upon arrival was told it was all guys and was given an upgrade to a 4 bed dorm with another girl at the same price, which I thought was nice! The bathroom was large and clean (although the shower was somewhat broken in ours), but there was only one shared between 2 rooms. The location was great for a quick walk to the old town and the bus station/port. There was a lot of noise throughout the night from other guests so quiet hours may have been helpful.

Hi Allison! Is nice to know you enjoyed your staying here and our city! Thanks a lot for the comment Staff el viajero Colonia

great hotel, located in the main area of colonia. Very clean, comfy beds and super friendly staff always willing to help you with queries. Lovely breakfast in the mornings also. Highly recommend!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »