El Viajero - Hostel & Suites Reviews

Washington Barbot 164, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

there is a nice bar area, also people sit in front of the hostel outside which is chill. good location and nice rooms.

this was the worst hostel i have ever stayed at. the room smelled like body odor and dirty sheets were on the floor. the bathroom did not even have a single hand towel to dry ones hands on, and towels for rent were over priced. the noise level at nigh was unbelievable: people were partying, yelling, screaming, and slamming doors ALL night long right outside our room. I could not sleep AT ALL because of the noise, and the hostel staff did nothing to make it quiet for those trying to rest.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Uruguay

Excellent location. Right in the middle of everything you'd want to see in Colonia if you are staying a night or two. Very short/easy walk to the bus and ferry terminals.Thoroughly enjoyed the company of the other travelers here, they have a great common room with windows opening up onto the street. Staff were helpful and friendly. Remember to turn on your room's air conditioning if you are in one without windows, or it's crowded (a room full of people gets hot!). Thanks for your hospitality!

BED BUGS! When I told the staff I got bitten thery were very caring and gave me new sheets and let me change my bed but they didn't even look which one my bed was. Also they didn't offer to wash my clothes.

Walking distance from the boat and nice staff. I really liked this hostel!

Really nice hostel with a very friendful staff. Also very easy to arrive when you come in by Ferry.

Positive points: - great location - friendly and helpfull staff - rooftopterrace and nice sitting area inside and outside - breakfast included - safe/locker in the room Negative points: - quite expensive for a hostel (double room) - bathroom was very simple, not much space to put your stuff - very small kitchen

Very friendly, helpful staff.

It was great and we would book El Viajero again! Very easy atmosphere - perfect for holidays

loved staying here. staff is very helpful and super friendly. Good location

Great value for the money, with very nice staff and atmosphere. Can really recommend El Viajero through whole Uruguay! //Bjorn & Jessica, Stockholm, Sweden

Pleasant hostel with a laid back atmosphere. Staff were helpful too. One drawback was the bathroom in the 4-bed dorm I stayed in wasn't great with the water from the shower getting all over the bathroom floor. I would stay here again if I were in town.

Good location, the hostel has all the facilities you need. Logging onto the Wifi was a bit of a faff. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean.

Good location, short walk to port and to the old town. The room was very basic and expensive compared to other hostels, we didn't like how there were no shared bathrooms outwith the dorm. You were only meant to use the bathroom in your dorm. When there are 8 people this is not ideal. We got the impression that the staff did not want you to use AC during the day. A friend had a private room, for $35 with no fan or AC. If tt cut its price by 50% then it would be more value for money. Wifi is slow

Couldn't ask for anything better out of a hostel, especially for a place like Colonia. Breakfast was nice and organized, internet worked well, and the atmosphere was perfectly set up to meet other travelers. I definitely recommend it!

Smallish room with no window, but convenient location. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

Really friendly staff and a great location meant we had an excellent stay at this hostel. We were given good advice and help navigating the town and enjoyed our stay there. Thanks!

The hostal is conveniently located and double rooms are a nice size . Kitchen facilities are a little run down but are ok for a couple of days stay. Internet connection is vey poor except in main areas but this is typical of most hostals in Uruguay.

Good stay. Especially the girl that did my chevk in was super friendly. Just clean out the lockers, they were all dirty inside.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »