El Viajero-Manantiales Hostel Reviews

Ruta 10 km 164, Manantiales, Punta del Este, Uruguay

Great staff! It's very far from Punta del Este but very close to Bikini beach.

The hostel is okay for a couple of nights. The staff isn't really helpful, the kitchen is a mess. It's close to the beach, but the address isn't correct regarding google maps. We ended up arguin with the taxi driver. Be aware: this hostel is about 30min outside Punta del Este by bus. No ATM around. Close to a supermarket and a couple of bars.

far from the center, need to take a bus that lasts 30 minutes, BUT you are close to some bars, beaches, but you will walk to get to civilization.

There is a problem with hot water. You have to shower with really cold water sometimes, even if not much people is showering. You will probably end up in a bar called Bigote most nights. At least the entry is free.

Parties in this hostel end pretty early. The owner doesnt want anyone to be making any noise after 2 a.m. The bar is closed and you get asked to turn any music off. Funny thing is, people go to clubs around 4 a.m, so for 2 hours you just have to try to be silent so the manager won't complain. The staff in general is pretty nice, and they all make you feel like home. Looks like they also want the party to go on, but guess they have no option but to follow the rules :P

There was a big problem, when I paid on hostelworld.com 2 months before the say, it was 15 dollars per day. 2 weeks before the stay , they sent email told me about this price was wrong, and the correct price was 50 dollars per day, and I had no choice cause there wasn´t rooms in all hotels in PUNTA DEL ESTE. It never happened before, just at this hostel !

This has been the absolute worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The hostel is far from the road, the room I was in was absolutely dirty and disgusting, so were the bathrooms. I would never recommend El Viajero Manantiales to anyone and would never go back. Absolutely TERRIBLE!

• 30th Dec 2014

The hostel localization is very far away from the beach, really, very far far far away and the road is ground type, our bags and shoes were completely dirty when we got there. During the check in, they charged us with more 110 dollars from the original price, because? I dont know but we paid, otherwise we would have slept on the street, hahahaha, seriously, no joke. The bathroom is disgusting but after 20h00, when everybody starts to take shower, the holocaust is done, good bye bathroom.

Nice place, the staff are very Helfull, only one down, the hostel is outside the downtown area of punta del este

View all Punta del Este Hostels