El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

The hostel was good, but the airco in the rooms were really full on! I got a cold after my stay there, so take something warmer to sleep.

Staff is rude, prices are very high, they are totally unorganized and kicked people out of the hostel saying that there was no beds left when only in my room there was 5 empty beds, and they turn out the electricity of the room during the day without reason (when i went to ask about it they just turned on). Most expensive hostel and one of the worst, because there is not a lot of competition on the island, so we dont have a choice.

Showed up with reservation and they couldn't find me a room, instead of letting that ruin my day I walked out and found a nice little appartment for 120000 pesos a night that slept 4-6 people

We only have one problem with one of the booking that it never appear on the sistem, but one of the ladies help us with that. Another booking was in a Twin Private Ensuite, but when we arrive they said they did not have it, so they gave us a Double Bed Private Ensuite, thanks god that was just one night. The air conditioning was not good enough to cool the room, but we never say anything.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

The ratio was the worst I've seen, the staff was the worst I met on a trip

Nice and big hostel located in the central area of San Andrés island, 10 minutes walking from the airport and 10 minutes walking to the Catamaran Bay. You can easily take a bus to Rocky Cay and San Luis. We took a dbl private room and it was very couzy and big. 100% recommendations for this one!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

not so clean, very messy (you can never know if a room is full or not) staff had no patience and only some of them were willing to help... felt like because there arent many hosteles on the island they think its obvious that they have costumers... sad.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Israel

My recent stay (or lack of a stay, rather) was horrific. Thus was my experience: - we had pre-booked two private rooms via Hostelworld, including paying 12% deposit - we arrived on-time, and were advised that the rooms were unavailable due to "maintenance", which they admitted was a bed bug infestation - they decided not to email us in advance, and instead had made alternate arrangements at a cheap hotel for us - the guests that were staying there all appeared to be locals, not travellers

• 6th Jul 2015

The night we arrived to do our check in, there's was a very long wait, at around 11 pm, we didn't mind the wait. Until we realized that the reason there was such a long wait was because a group of 6 who had booked their rooms, were being told that there were not enough rooms for them, even though they had proof that they had reserved six beds. Although that wasn't our situation I was completely I'm shock. Little to no trust with this hostel.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Don't stay at this place. I got there and they weren't sure if people had checked out and couldn't figure out which bed was available. Finally gave me a bed that turned out to be someone else's. By then they had given out all their clean sheets so they gave me a rough blanket to sleep on. I heard lots of people say that they got there and they had no reservation. The staff are also very unfriendly. I stood at the counter and they all just looked at the computer and wouldn't talk to you.

Worst service ever! Never informed me my reservation didn't pass, but of course my credit card got charged and when I got there there was no room available for us, haven't had my money back yet! Terrible experience

Very average establishment. Not particularly clean, staff not very helpful nor friendly. We had a reservation and when we got to the hostel the front desk could not find it. There was another group of women beside us that were in the same situation. I have a feeling reservations are simply worthless with this hostel. The clerk at the front desk was unwilling to do anything. After insisting, she found another hotel where we can stay but unwilling to pay the difference in price it would cost us.

The worst hostel in 6 mths backpacking SA. Staff were rude, incompetent and seemed to not want to be working. 40 mins to checkout, was told no space for that night, but could book online via hostelworld, would not offer advice on where else to stay and I learned after that room I was in did have a free bed that night. WIFi terrible, no atmosphere in bar, kitchen very poorly stocked for size of hostel and with only two standard size fridges. JUST AVOID

We love this place, but they need more showers..

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE Nobody knew we were 5 people to stay for 6 nights as we arrived. No internet or computer for almost two days. The people who take care of breakfast look like they want you to leave as soon as possible. Good way to start a day. The flush stopped working and they suggested we should stay use other peoples bath. Finally, they kept us telling we should leave the place before. They couldn't even say sorry. Horrible atmosphere and staff.

The hostel is pretty ok, including the location. What I would not recommend is using the hostel too book tours, since they give you the wrong info (for example, "oh, Johnny Keys is not working, because the sea is chopped", then I went to the marina and got a boat to Johnny Keys really easily).

• 23rd Jun 2015

Lovely and attentive staff. Place is in need of major refurbishment, it looks run down. Anyone can enter property at any time, no.one is there to check if u actualy have a wrist band on.

The hostel is good price relative to the island (though expensive for backpackers). Great breakfast with cereal and yogurt. Dorms have AC and cold ensuite showers. Staff seemed a bit tired and not helpful (though movie night posted--they didn't arrange, couldn't be bothered to check and inform us the tour was cancelled due to weather). Overall good value but not great atmosphere.

Stayed at this hostel second time this year and it's amazing! Staff are very nice and helpful, location is perfect, hostel is clean, very international atmosphere! I'm very satisfied with everytiing! Thank you El Viajero!

Staff are overrun with too much to do all the time so aren't helpful. Kitchen was very dirty both days and hardly has any decent cooking equipment. place is very noisy - people walking in and out of dorm rooms in the middle of the night turning on lights talking loudly - good dorm etiquette is not enforced by management/staff so people are just running a mock. location is in downtown but we ended up finding a much better - and cheaper place on the beach just outside of town. look around a bit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3