El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

Very big, but with no big commonroom, which is sad. Breakfast is very, very good.

Staff could seem a bit uninterested from time to time. Not very many european travellers here, which is very good if you want to practice speaking spanish!

Great hostel. Nice staff, fun bar, good location. Only downsides - internet is crappy and it can be noisy at night, though that didn't bother me.

The hostel is aa relly nice one, has air conditioning, is clean and the staff treated me very well helping whenever i needed.

The hostel is centrally located close to the beach. The breakfast is buffet style. The staff is helpful. But I had two reservations, I paid both, but one wasn`t uploaded to the system. So when leaving the staff asked me to pay for one of the reservations I told them that I had already done so, but I was asked to bring the receipt, of course I had already trash it. All of this loosing time to my transfer, finally founding the signed receipt with the amount for both reservations. None apologized,

We used the Hostel for a quick stopover to catch a flight to Providencia in the morning. The double room was very clean, beds comfy and a/c worked very well. The location close to the airport is perfect, though it might be excellent for a longer stay in the island as well. We needed a taxi early in the morning and staff only ordered one after some discussion (it was too early for a regular taxi driver, but in the end they found someone driving us ;-)).

The overage stay in hostel was great !!! Just one thing was wrong the kitchen is not good , somethings are damage or is not in there like a good knife.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Hostel has a good location and some staff were helpful. Hostel needs more bathrooms, I stayed in an ensuite with 8 beds and there was a queue for the bathroom!! Don{t get your washing done here. I did and it smelt awful coming back. Got it done a second time and it was just as bad. Smelt like rotten eggs!

A big hostel but well organised with very helpful

very good guide you in all questions you have, thanks to all the staff especially sandra

• 12th Jul 2014

the atmosphere is very nice very clean full breakfast is good and the warmth of the staff is great everything is much more to what is expected from the price ...

• 12th Jul 2014

This is a pretty big hostel. GIven the size, I thought the cleaning staff did a really good job. Yes, the bathrooms were a bit on the dirty side, and the toilets/showers aren't great, but the cleaning staff did everything they could to keep things decent. I thought the staff was quite friendly (even the front desk staff), location was good, security was average at best, and the value was fine.

thank you very much to the staff all very good

• 26th Jun 2014

the staff is very attentive, very clean site only stayed one day but I seemed great

• 26th Jun 2014

A very noisy hostel. The golf cart we rented through the hostel to drive around the island was in terrible condition and didn't go any faster than the pace of a light jog. One of us had to get out of the cart and help push when we went up hills. The staff were somewhat helpful, but recommending guests take a taxi ($18mil pesos to go one kilometer) was terrible advice - the entire way to the airport there were resorts with private security, and it looked completely safe at night.

• 18th Jun 2014

The location is perfect for the beach and local hot spots. The staff were not friendly most of the time, didn't explain anything about the island(even though I asked) and had their kids hanging out while they were working. The kitchen lacked a lot of utensils/pots and pans to cook effectively. The common areas were somewhat clean and the wifi spots were hit and miss. The free breakfast included toast, cereal, yogurt and coffee. A good stay if you're on a budget and don't mind the other stuff

We stayed in this hostel one night, and that was more than enough. We had two beds booked in a 8-dorm where one of our beds was placed right under the cold AC. The very same bed had someone else's dirt on it so with my friend we decided to sleep in the same bed away from the AC. The room and bathroom was quite dirty and I wasn't sure I wanted to put down my stuff on the floor or the table. The staff was trying to be over friendly until we wanted to pay by credit card and he got really rude.

best option in san andres. taxi to the airport during the day is 10.000 col pesos, during the night is 18.000.- thanks for everything!

Good location and great to have a hostel on the island

Nice hostel, definitely a good option for San Andres! Everything is a little more expensive than the rest of Colombia but it's incredibly beautiful and well worth the visit

View all San Andres Island Hostels