El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

The hostel is good price relative to the island (though expensive for backpackers). Great breakfast with cereal and yogurt. Dorms have AC and cold ensuite showers. Staff seemed a bit tired and not helpful (though movie night posted--they didn't arrange, couldn't be bothered to check and inform us the tour was cancelled due to weather). Overall good value but not great atmosphere.

Stayed at this hostel second time this year and it's amazing! Staff are very nice and helpful, location is perfect, hostel is clean, very international atmosphere! I'm very satisfied with everytiing! Thank you El Viajero!

I have a nice trip to San Andrés and the Hostel/Staff of he Hostel mate it better. It was all that i expected, and the breakfast mate it better (it was not the most nutritive meal but it was good)

• 29th May 2015
  • Colombia

I don't get why the staff still works there. 75% of the staff is incompetent, not nice, not welcoming and not willing to help the clients nor give any usefull information about what you can do and see on the island.

• 28th May 2015
  • Belgium

The room was comfortable, happy that stayed there, then you can use the money for amazing tours in the island!

The hostel was just what I needed for a weekend off. Perfect located in the center of San Andres, not too far from the beach and surrounded by many local and cheap restaurants. The staff was very nice and always there to help. The rooms are big enought and the beds so comfortable. Loved it!!

the lockers were not functioning, the location is not conventient to go to the beach, staff wasn't cheerish.

Its a cheap motel where you pay a lot.

This place got everything you are looking for in a hostel. No questions. But you are mostly responsible for you own rooms/cleanup (except for the bathroom) so it can get kinda messy with many people and also anybody can just enter your room at pretty much any time so you better lock in your stuff!

• 10th May 2015

Nice staff and activities. The air conditioner didn't work properly in several rooms. There weren't keys for the rooms' doors, so anyone can enter to any room. I didn't have any problem, but it will be highly recomended to have the posibility to lock de doors.

The Staff made some mistake with my reservation, and it also happened to other friends who also complained about the staff. I stayed in a mixed dorm and the cleanliness of the bathroom is not so good. There isn't bathroom on the hallways, there's only bathroom into the dorms, what explains why it is always dirty (too many people to share the same bathroom). The kitchen is dark and it has not a good atmosphere. The bar is located at the rooftop, with a great view, but at night, is always empty.

• 3rd May 2015

Great location, about a 10 minute walk to the beach. Can help sort out tours etc.

Only spent one night but, even tho my flight was delayed they held my reservation until I arrived, very helpful staff.

I have been in 14 Hostels in my life. El Viajero San Andres was the worst one. I spent 6 nights there, in three nights I was not able to sleep due to a noise made by a group in the room next to mine by 3 am. My room mates and I complained 4 times in the reception, but the staff was not able to stop them. In the next day, the manager suggested we move to other room. As we considered it was not a fear solution, we stayed at the same room. The noise continued.... Some days after, we discovered that

The staff is very kind, always ready to help you in anything you need.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Way, way too expensive for what it is.

Dear guest, our service includes: AC in every dorm, breakfast, toilets ensuit in every dorm, discotec at the roof, so its a quite good service for a hostel and as you know we are in an island where everything (electricity, water, food) is much more expencive than in the continent.. We sorry for the inconvinent and we will like to see you agein.

Friendly staff and a decent location. Wifi needs to be improved drastically. Easy to make friends there thanks to rooftop bar.

Thank you for your feedback. Just 4 megas intenet is provided for each company in the island due to location in the middle in the sea. We try to work pretty hard to distributed this all around the building. Thank you for choosing us! hope to have you again in San Andres or in other Viajero´s hostel around southamerica. Margarita Regional Manager.

Great for meeting people, reception staff always around to help, decent breakfast, supermarket and cheap local food nearby and 5 minutes from main beach.

• 29th Mar 2015

Booking was screwed up. I thought I was getting a room with two double beds, what I actually got was a room with one double bed. Be very careful with booking online. Many, many, many people would show up and not get the room that they were expecting and some didn't get a room at all. That all being said, I'm easy going enough to make due with foam pads taken out of the TV room. The crowd is fun (not a family friendly place) and we raged in San Andres for a week!!

• 27th Mar 2015

Please recieve our apoligizes is really bad having issue with bookings and getting rooms your did not booked. We are working on getting better booking service and avoid this kind of problems in the future. Thank you for your time to getting us this feedback. Margarita. Regional Manager El viajero hostels´ Colombia

I loved El Viajero! The staff is always there to support you, the facilities are great and the atmosphere is just awesome! If I ever return to San Andres I'll definitely going to stay at El Viajero!

• 25th Mar 2015