El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

I have been in 14 Hostels in my life. El Viajero San Andres was the worst one. I spent 6 nights there, in three nights I was not able to sleep due to a noise made by a group in the room next to mine by 3 am. My room mates and I complained 4 times in the reception, but the staff was not able to stop them. In the next day, the manager suggested we move to other room. As we considered it was not a fear solution, we stayed at the same room. The noise continued.... Some days after, we discovered that

The staff is very kind, always ready to help you in anything you need.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Way, way too expensive for what it is.

Dear guest, our service includes: AC in every dorm, breakfast, toilets ensuit in every dorm, discotec at the roof, so its a quite good service for a hostel and as you know we are in an island where everything (electricity, water, food) is much more expencive than in the continent.. We sorry for the inconvinent and we will like to see you agein.

Friendly staff and a decent location. Wifi needs to be improved drastically. Easy to make friends there thanks to rooftop bar.

Thank you for your feedback. Just 4 megas intenet is provided for each company in the island due to location in the middle in the sea. We try to work pretty hard to distributed this all around the building. Thank you for choosing us! hope to have you again in San Andres or in other Viajero´s hostel around southamerica. Margarita Regional Manager.

Great for meeting people, reception staff always around to help, decent breakfast, supermarket and cheap local food nearby and 5 minutes from main beach.

• 29th Mar 2015

Booking was screwed up. I thought I was getting a room with two double beds, what I actually got was a room with one double bed. Be very careful with booking online. Many, many, many people would show up and not get the room that they were expecting and some didn't get a room at all. That all being said, I'm easy going enough to make due with foam pads taken out of the TV room. The crowd is fun (not a family friendly place) and we raged in San Andres for a week!!

• 27th Mar 2015

Please recieve our apoligizes is really bad having issue with bookings and getting rooms your did not booked. We are working on getting better booking service and avoid this kind of problems in the future. Thank you for your time to getting us this feedback. Margarita. Regional Manager El viajero hostels´ Colombia

I loved El Viajero! The staff is always there to support you, the facilities are great and the atmosphere is just awesome! If I ever return to San Andres I'll definitely going to stay at El Viajero!

• 25th Mar 2015

You should improve the internet service

Great hostel, I had a wonderful time at the hostel and made many friends, I was travelling alone so was pleased to see the other guests were so friendly. A bit of advice if you stay here don't stay in the bed right next to the air conditioning, freezing! however all other beds are fine. Parties on the top of the hostel were cool and only 5 min walk from local beach, Highly recommended!

Nice hostel, with a fun bar at the top floor. It could be cleaner. The many floors and stairs divide the guests and the hostel a bit. I was at a room with a big group, which was loud after midnight, dirty, messy and smoked in the bedroom. The staff did not reprehend them.

Great vibe! Although it's not the neatest hostel, the atmosphere and the nice staff Compensate. Totally worth staying in el viajero!

• 25th Feb 2015

Some apartments need a deeper cleaning for some specific places, like the air circulation area in the bathroom. Other than that clean apartment, cool staff members, awesome entertainment at the bar and really good cost/benefit rate. Also love the tour indications.

• 24th Feb 2015

Hi Thank you so much for your suggestions. Be sure we are gonna increase cleanliness in the rooms as you said. Hope you come back soon. Regards Margarita Regional Manager

The cost of the dorms and private room are very very expensive compared to what they offer The kitchen is too small for the size of the hostel On the other hand, the staff is really good, welcoming and helpful

• 23rd Feb 2015

The only hostel on the island. Cold water in the shower, poor computers and Wi-Fi. Make yourself a favor, add a little bit more and go to a nice hotel.

San Andrés is an amazing place!! The hostel is very next to airport, to the stores and to seaport for tours. There is a balcony with a great view from city. But the most cool in El Viajero is the staff very friendly. I recommend it. :D

• 29th Jan 2015

Rooms are nice and the hostel has nice kitchen, bar and balcony. The staff was sometimes a little unmotivated.

Good choice for smaller budgets. It's still expensive compared to the mainland but that's everywhere on the island. We decided to stay some extra nights.

Nice hostel, friendly staff and the hostel is not far from the centre and you can crab a bus from around the corner to go to some nice beaches. For the rest of my stay I found a cheaper option, eventhough the prices are quite average on the island....

• 14th Jan 2015

It was my second stay and everything was fine. Only the breakfast

The cleanliness, specially in the bathroom was poor. The facilities were quite old, that was really sad specially because the hostel is a nice one.

« first « Prev 1 2 3