El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

amazing!!

While the hostel was nice, we had a private room and the cost was near that of a hotel, for what I am not sure. Understandably it is an island so there are not many options, but $75 a night for a private room is way too steep for a hostel.

El Viajero San Andrés it's the perfect place if you are looking for new friends and you want to feel like at home. You're going to have too much fun, warm environment and people all over the world. I love El Viajero.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

The staff are really amazing. The place is big and close to the airport and beach. I do recommend it

• 6th Oct 2014

Very different from El Viajero in Cartagena, the EV San Andrés stands on its own, a 5-story building in the middle of El Centro, close to beaches and shopping. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The hostel has lots of stairs, FYI if you carry huge suitcases (no elevator). Adequate kitchen, good WIFI, nice balconies. Free breakfast in the morning. Nice beds, security lockers. The best is the bar upstairs, with drink specials, great games, and dance lessons in the evenings from the EV Staff. Stay!

I really enjoyed my stay at el viajero. The staff is lovely, smiley, and does the job really well . Breakfast is rich and the ladies in charge take really good care of it. Things that could improve are the temperature in the rooms: I nearly hybernate! It's pleasant to find a fresh spot after a warm day, but at nights the cold got quite extreme. Another suggestion is to take a better care of the kitchen facilities: pots and such do not make you want to cook. I suggest to change them regularly!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Awesome hostel. I liked so much!!!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

I wouldn't stay here again! There is no security for the rooms, so anyone can walk in and out...and they did! There was some drunk guy who wandered into our room while we were sleeping and tried sleeping in other peoples beds and was touching the girls! We asked for a refund the next morning and went to a different place. On top of that, the rooms weren't clean, the lockers didn't work. The staff when we arrived ignored us while they talked amongst themselves. Go somewhere else!

I had a great experience at El Viajero San Andrés and I recomend it!

Thank you very much Felipe! :) Regards!!!

Good place, lacks a little in atmosphere!

Thank you Frederico! Cheers from all the staff at El Viajero!

Everything was great, except for a mistake that the staff made, when they needed me to change the room and just said it to me when I was going out for a tour in the island. There was also a room with no air conditioner.

• 2nd Sep 2014

It an amazing stay. The staff especially was great and the hostel was a lot of fun.

Very big, but with no big commonroom, which is sad. Breakfast is very, very good.

Staff could seem a bit uninterested from time to time. Not very many european travellers here, which is very good if you want to practice speaking spanish!

Great hostel. Nice staff, fun bar, good location. Only downsides - internet is crappy and it can be noisy at night, though that didn't bother me.

The hostel is aa relly nice one, has air conditioning, is clean and the staff treated me very well helping whenever i needed.

The hostel is centrally located close to the beach. The breakfast is buffet style. The staff is helpful. But I had two reservations, I paid both, but one wasn`t uploaded to the system. So when leaving the staff asked me to pay for one of the reservations I told them that I had already done so, but I was asked to bring the receipt, of course I had already trash it. All of this loosing time to my transfer, finally founding the signed receipt with the amount for both reservations. None apologized,

We used the Hostel for a quick stopover to catch a flight to Providencia in the morning. The double room was very clean, beds comfy and a/c worked very well. The location close to the airport is perfect, though it might be excellent for a longer stay in the island as well. We needed a taxi early in the morning and staff only ordered one after some discussion (it was too early for a regular taxi driver, but in the end they found someone driving us ;-)).

The overage stay in hostel was great !!! Just one thing was wrong the kitchen is not good , somethings are damage or is not in there like a good knife.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Hostel has a good location and some staff were helpful. Hostel needs more bathrooms, I stayed in an ensuite with 8 beds and there was a queue for the bathroom!! Don{t get your washing done here. I did and it smelt awful coming back. Got it done a second time and it was just as bad. Smelt like rotten eggs!

View all San Andres Island Hostels