El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

The night we arrived to do our check in, there's was a very long wait, at around 11 pm, we didn't mind the wait. Until we realized that the reason there was such a long wait was because a group of 6 who had booked their rooms, were being told that there were not enough rooms for them, even though they had proof that they had reserved six beds. Although that wasn't our situation I was completely I'm shock. Little to no trust with this hostel.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Don't stay at this place. I got there and they weren't sure if people had checked out and couldn't figure out which bed was available. Finally gave me a bed that turned out to be someone else's. By then they had given out all their clean sheets so they gave me a rough blanket to sleep on. I heard lots of people say that they got there and they had no reservation. The staff are also very unfriendly. I stood at the counter and they all just looked at the computer and wouldn't talk to you.

Worst service ever! Never informed me my reservation didn't pass, but of course my credit card got charged and when I got there there was no room available for us, haven't had my money back yet! Terrible experience

Very average establishment. Not particularly clean, staff not very helpful nor friendly. We had a reservation and when we got to the hostel the front desk could not find it. There was another group of women beside us that were in the same situation. I have a feeling reservations are simply worthless with this hostel. The clerk at the front desk was unwilling to do anything. After insisting, she found another hotel where we can stay but unwilling to pay the difference in price it would cost us.

The worst hostel in 6 mths backpacking SA. Staff were rude, incompetent and seemed to not want to be working. 40 mins to checkout, was told no space for that night, but could book online via hostelworld, would not offer advice on where else to stay and I learned after that room I was in did have a free bed that night. WIFi terrible, no atmosphere in bar, kitchen very poorly stocked for size of hostel and with only two standard size fridges. JUST AVOID

We love this place, but they need more showers..

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE Nobody knew we were 5 people to stay for 6 nights as we arrived. No internet or computer for almost two days. The people who take care of breakfast look like they want you to leave as soon as possible. Good way to start a day. The flush stopped working and they suggested we should stay use other peoples bath. Finally, they kept us telling we should leave the place before. They couldn't even say sorry. Horrible atmosphere and staff.

The hostel is pretty ok, including the location. What I would not recommend is using the hostel too book tours, since they give you the wrong info (for example, "oh, Johnny Keys is not working, because the sea is chopped", then I went to the marina and got a boat to Johnny Keys really easily).

• 23rd Jun 2015

Lovely and attentive staff. Place is in need of major refurbishment, it looks run down. Anyone can enter property at any time, no.one is there to check if u actualy have a wrist band on.

The hostel is good price relative to the island (though expensive for backpackers). Great breakfast with cereal and yogurt. Dorms have AC and cold ensuite showers. Staff seemed a bit tired and not helpful (though movie night posted--they didn't arrange, couldn't be bothered to check and inform us the tour was cancelled due to weather). Overall good value but not great atmosphere.

Stayed at this hostel second time this year and it's amazing! Staff are very nice and helpful, location is perfect, hostel is clean, very international atmosphere! I'm very satisfied with everytiing! Thank you El Viajero!

Staff are overrun with too much to do all the time so aren't helpful. Kitchen was very dirty both days and hardly has any decent cooking equipment. place is very noisy - people walking in and out of dorm rooms in the middle of the night turning on lights talking loudly - good dorm etiquette is not enforced by management/staff so people are just running a mock. location is in downtown but we ended up finding a much better - and cheaper place on the beach just outside of town. look around a bit.

I have a nice trip to San Andrés and the Hostel/Staff of he Hostel mate it better. It was all that i expected, and the breakfast mate it better (it was not the most nutritive meal but it was good)

• 29th May 2015
  • Colombia

I don't get why the staff still works there. 75% of the staff is incompetent, not nice, not welcoming and not willing to help the clients nor give any usefull information about what you can do and see on the island.

• 28th May 2015
  • Belgium

The room was comfortable, happy that stayed there, then you can use the money for amazing tours in the island!

Best hostel in town, close to everything and nice backpacker atmosphere.

The hostel was just what I needed for a weekend off. Perfect located in the center of San Andres, not too far from the beach and surrounded by many local and cheap restaurants. The staff was very nice and always there to help. The rooms are big enought and the beds so comfortable. Loved it!!

the lockers were not functioning, the location is not conventient to go to the beach, staff wasn't cheerish.

Its a cheap motel where you pay a lot.

This place got everything you are looking for in a hostel. No questions. But you are mostly responsible for you own rooms/cleanup (except for the bathroom) so it can get kinda messy with many people and also anybody can just enter your room at pretty much any time so you better lock in your stuff!

View all San Andres Island Hostels