El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

The only hostel on the island. Cold water in the shower, poor computers and Wi-Fi. Make yourself a favor, add a little bit more and go to a nice hotel.

San Andrés is an amazing place!! The hostel is very next to airport, to the stores and to seaport for tours. There is a balcony with a great view from city. But the most cool in El Viajero is the staff very friendly. I recommend it. :D

• 29th Jan 2015

Rooms are nice and the hostel has nice kitchen, bar and balcony. The staff was sometimes a little unmotivated.

Good choice for smaller budgets. It's still expensive compared to the mainland but that's everywhere on the island. We decided to stay some extra nights.

Nice hostel, friendly staff and the hostel is not far from the centre and you can crab a bus from around the corner to go to some nice beaches. For the rest of my stay I found a cheaper option, eventhough the prices are quite average on the island....

• 14th Jan 2015

It was my second stay and everything was fine. Only the breakfast

The cleanliness, specially in the bathroom was poor. The facilities were quite old, that was really sad specially because the hostel is a nice one.

I loved the hostel is well located, good structure and the staff are very attentive. I had no problem during my hosting.

• 9th Jan 2015

The toilet was clogged and they didn't fix it. Apart rom that, it was OK.

Great staff! I want to come back soon! I had wonderful days!

For a Hostel is actually really good. My only complain is that we paid a bit too much for the room. We stayed in a double bed private room with bath as AC, but the price was like if we would have stayed in a hotel. Maybe just because it was high season. However, it was clean, the atmosphere was nice, the breakfast was very ok, the staff was friendly and helpful. I recommend it.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

An amazing place to make friends and enjoy the island. I totally recommend it.

Staff is great and helpful. It is close To everything and I think the only hostel on the island.

I really enjoyed staying here because of the excellent people it attracts! There is a beautiful roof top bar and a genuinely chill vibe. That said I really wish the room was not so cold at night ( I got pretty sick ) and I was unable to secure a refund for the last evening I had accidentally overbooked. All in all I recommend staying here but with those considerations. Attracts mostly brazillians.

• 27th Dec 2014

I loved san andres, the hostel was ok; except for the breakfast. The bread was green some days In the new year party i Left My music box On the Table for like half an hour and tbEn i caem lojinha for it and it had suddenly vanished. There were two cameras in the room But none of the Staff people Let me ser the images. They took so long to solve the problem that when i was already gone My friend told me that the manager finally, after almost a week, told him that the images of that night gone

• 25th Dec 2014

My friend forgot her speakers at the bar and 20 minutes later came back and couldn't find it. We asked the staff and they couldn't care less. They refused To show her the security camera images.

• 25th Dec 2014

In general hostel was ok to good, but one thing that I missed is that my locker was damaged and I had to use someone's locker. The Breakfast was pretty good! Located right behind of the main and the most expensive hotel of the island. More information email me: hbmoyamoto@gmail.com

Just go, you will have an awesome time.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Good location. Clean. The private room was big and comfortable, albeit expensive for a hostel room. A security box is in the room which was a good size for valuables, and there is AC and a TV. Also stayed in a dorm. Lockable cupboards under bed for rucksacks and small box on the wall for each guest (there were no batteries in many of the security boxes but reception will give you a key). Breakfast was good - cereal, juice, coffee, toast. List of activities in the wall to help you plan your trip

For me, the atmosphere was lacking, but that was simply because this is definitely a party-focused hostel. For a Colombian hostel, it was expensive, but this may have to do with the fact that everything on the island is overpriced.

View all San Andres Island Hostels