El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

The toilet was clogged and they didn't fix it. Apart rom that, it was OK.

Great staff! I want to come back soon! I had wonderful days!

For a Hostel is actually really good. My only complain is that we paid a bit too much for the room. We stayed in a double bed private room with bath as AC, but the price was like if we would have stayed in a hotel. Maybe just because it was high season. However, it was clean, the atmosphere was nice, the breakfast was very ok, the staff was friendly and helpful. I recommend it.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

An amazing place to make friends and enjoy the island. I totally recommend it.

Staff is great and helpful. It is close To everything and I think the only hostel on the island.

I really enjoyed staying here because of the excellent people it attracts! There is a beautiful roof top bar and a genuinely chill vibe. That said I really wish the room was not so cold at night ( I got pretty sick ) and I was unable to secure a refund for the last evening I had accidentally overbooked. All in all I recommend staying here but with those considerations. Attracts mostly brazillians.

• 27th Dec 2014

I loved san andres, the hostel was ok; except for the breakfast. The bread was green some days In the new year party i Left My music box On the Table for like half an hour and tbEn i caem lojinha for it and it had suddenly vanished. There were two cameras in the room But none of the Staff people Let me ser the images. They took so long to solve the problem that when i was already gone My friend told me that the manager finally, after almost a week, told him that the images of that night gone

• 25th Dec 2014

My friend forgot her speakers at the bar and 20 minutes later came back and couldn't find it. We asked the staff and they couldn't care less. They refused To show her the security camera images.

• 25th Dec 2014

In general hostel was ok to good, but one thing that I missed is that my locker was damaged and I had to use someone's locker. The Breakfast was pretty good! Located right behind of the main and the most expensive hotel of the island. More information email me: hbmoyamoto@gmail.com

Just go, you will have an awesome time.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Good location. Clean. The private room was big and comfortable, albeit expensive for a hostel room. A security box is in the room which was a good size for valuables, and there is AC and a TV. Also stayed in a dorm. Lockable cupboards under bed for rucksacks and small box on the wall for each guest (there were no batteries in many of the security boxes but reception will give you a key). Breakfast was good - cereal, juice, coffee, toast. List of activities in the wall to help you plan your trip

For me, the atmosphere was lacking, but that was simply because this is definitely a party-focused hostel. For a Colombian hostel, it was expensive, but this may have to do with the fact that everything on the island is overpriced.

there were a few things that really where so bad about this hostel.. the first is the internet, the internet is so bad in the hostel and i think this is something really important even if there are people that have to work, they can't because there is no decent internet! the second thing is the kitchen, there is only one kitchen for 50 people and it's just impossible and annoying. also there was nothing present in the kitchen, only one knife for 50 people, come on? so not fully equipped!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Please improve the wifi network, it's really unstable, in the lobby and inside the rooms.

5-10 minute walk to the beach. Some of the staff like Clarissa were helpful, others not so. Activities recommended by the hostel not worth doing, you can just do it yourself. Bar closed one day as staff member was not coming in and on the other days he seemed annoyed when you asked for a drink. Not a great hostel but limited options in San Andres.

This hostel has surprisingly high reviews. Really the only good thing is cost and the there's a bar with a tv. Staff are cool The negatives outweigh in many areas: Poor wifi, no real common space (it's tucked away on the lowest floor with no tv), bartender never looks or seems happy / willing, Cold showers, 15 min walk from the action, entrance is usually open, room doors unlocked, computers are decade old, a hotel as a family hangout spot. It has good intentions but has ways to go

Nice hostel, big one, many people, and there is a bar where there is something going on everynight. Good to meet people, i recommend it.

The Hostel stay was perfect. I recommend the El Viajero.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Really nice staff!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Big, party hostel. Positive people around. Probably one of the best options on the island. Great breakfast on the top floor. Too slow internet but it's the problem on the whole island.

View all San Andres Island Hostels