El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

A big hostel but well organised with very helpful

very good guide you in all questions you have, thanks to all the staff especially sandra

• 12th Jul 2014

the atmosphere is very nice very clean full breakfast is good and the warmth of the staff is great everything is much more to what is expected from the price ...

• 12th Jul 2014

This is a pretty big hostel. GIven the size, I thought the cleaning staff did a really good job. Yes, the bathrooms were a bit on the dirty side, and the toilets/showers aren't great, but the cleaning staff did everything they could to keep things decent. I thought the staff was quite friendly (even the front desk staff), location was good, security was average at best, and the value was fine.

thank you very much to the staff all very good

• 26th Jun 2014

the staff is very attentive, very clean site only stayed one day but I seemed great

• 26th Jun 2014

A very noisy hostel. The golf cart we rented through the hostel to drive around the island was in terrible condition and didn't go any faster than the pace of a light jog. One of us had to get out of the cart and help push when we went up hills. The staff were somewhat helpful, but recommending guests take a taxi ($18mil pesos to go one kilometer) was terrible advice - the entire way to the airport there were resorts with private security, and it looked completely safe at night.

• 18th Jun 2014

The location is perfect for the beach and local hot spots. The staff were not friendly most of the time, didn't explain anything about the island(even though I asked) and had their kids hanging out while they were working. The kitchen lacked a lot of utensils/pots and pans to cook effectively. The common areas were somewhat clean and the wifi spots were hit and miss. The free breakfast included toast, cereal, yogurt and coffee. A good stay if you're on a budget and don't mind the other stuff

We stayed in this hostel one night, and that was more than enough. We had two beds booked in a 8-dorm where one of our beds was placed right under the cold AC. The very same bed had someone else's dirt on it so with my friend we decided to sleep in the same bed away from the AC. The room and bathroom was quite dirty and I wasn't sure I wanted to put down my stuff on the floor or the table. The staff was trying to be over friendly until we wanted to pay by credit card and he got really rude.

best option in san andres. taxi to the airport during the day is 10.000 col pesos, during the night is 18.000.- thanks for everything!

Good location and great to have a hostel on the island

Nice hostel, definitely a good option for San Andres! Everything is a little more expensive than the rest of Colombia but it's incredibly beautiful and well worth the visit

Nice place, good price, 10 minutes to beach, good rooms, excellent staff.

Me lo pase súper bien en el Viajero! The staff are extremely helpful and nice, all areas of the hostel are well decorated and clean. Made countless number of friends and the bar on the top floor was a lot of fun! Best Hostel ever! As a girl travelling alone, I was very happy with the hostel ! Safe, clean and very friendly ! Thank you!

• 29th Apr 2014

There should be a limit time for people making noises or turning on lights in the dorms, say 11 pm. every day. Same for disco on top of building, except on weekends. Staff was really nice, except for one black woman with a pony tail, who helps serve breakfast. She was always in a grounchy mood, working as if she hated that job and I NEVER saw her smile. More concern about taking care of our Planet by using lights and water only when necessary. You had all lights ON during sunlight hours.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

Just in one word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 28th Apr 2014

I stayed there just one night and It was ok. I haven't much to say about that.

• 25th Apr 2014

nice option delicios breakfast an the staff just amazing

• 22nd Apr 2014