El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

The room was comfortable, happy that stayed there, then you can use the money for amazing tours in the island!

The hostel was just what I needed for a weekend off. Perfect located in the center of San Andres, not too far from the beach and surrounded by many local and cheap restaurants. The staff was very nice and always there to help. The rooms are big enought and the beds so comfortable. Loved it!!

the lockers were not functioning, the location is not conventient to go to the beach, staff wasn't cheerish.

Its a cheap motel where you pay a lot.

This place got everything you are looking for in a hostel. No questions. But you are mostly responsible for you own rooms/cleanup (except for the bathroom) so it can get kinda messy with many people and also anybody can just enter your room at pretty much any time so you better lock in your stuff!

Nice staff and activities. The air conditioner didn't work properly in several rooms. There weren't keys for the rooms' doors, so anyone can enter to any room. I didn't have any problem, but it will be highly recomended to have the posibility to lock de doors.

The Staff made some mistake with my reservation, and it also happened to other friends who also complained about the staff. I stayed in a mixed dorm and the cleanliness of the bathroom is not so good. There isn't bathroom on the hallways, there's only bathroom into the dorms, what explains why it is always dirty (too many people to share the same bathroom). The kitchen is dark and it has not a good atmosphere. The bar is located at the rooftop, with a great view, but at night, is always empty.

• 3rd May 2015

Great location, about a 10 minute walk to the beach. Can help sort out tours etc.

Only spent one night but, even tho my flight was delayed they held my reservation until I arrived, very helpful staff.

I have been in 14 Hostels in my life. El Viajero San Andres was the worst one. I spent 6 nights there, in three nights I was not able to sleep due to a noise made by a group in the room next to mine by 3 am. My room mates and I complained 4 times in the reception, but the staff was not able to stop them. In the next day, the manager suggested we move to other room. As we considered it was not a fear solution, we stayed at the same room. The noise continued.... Some days after, we discovered that

The staff is very kind, always ready to help you in anything you need.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Way, way too expensive for what it is.

Dear guest, our service includes: AC in every dorm, breakfast, toilets ensuit in every dorm, discotec at the roof, so its a quite good service for a hostel and as you know we are in an island where everything (electricity, water, food) is much more expencive than in the continent.. We sorry for the inconvinent and we will like to see you agein.

Friendly staff and a decent location. Wifi needs to be improved drastically. Easy to make friends there thanks to rooftop bar.

Thank you for your feedback. Just 4 megas intenet is provided for each company in the island due to location in the middle in the sea. We try to work pretty hard to distributed this all around the building. Thank you for choosing us! hope to have you again in San Andres or in other Viajero´s hostel around southamerica. Margarita Regional Manager.

Great for meeting people, reception staff always around to help, decent breakfast, supermarket and cheap local food nearby and 5 minutes from main beach.

• 29th Mar 2015

Booking was screwed up. I thought I was getting a room with two double beds, what I actually got was a room with one double bed. Be very careful with booking online. Many, many, many people would show up and not get the room that they were expecting and some didn't get a room at all. That all being said, I'm easy going enough to make due with foam pads taken out of the TV room. The crowd is fun (not a family friendly place) and we raged in San Andres for a week!!

• 27th Mar 2015

Please recieve our apoligizes is really bad having issue with bookings and getting rooms your did not booked. We are working on getting better booking service and avoid this kind of problems in the future. Thank you for your time to getting us this feedback. Margarita. Regional Manager El viajero hostels´ Colombia

I loved El Viajero! The staff is always there to support you, the facilities are great and the atmosphere is just awesome! If I ever return to San Andres I'll definitely going to stay at El Viajero!

• 25th Mar 2015

You should improve the internet service

Great hostel, I had a wonderful time at the hostel and made many friends, I was travelling alone so was pleased to see the other guests were so friendly. A bit of advice if you stay here don't stay in the bed right next to the air conditioning, freezing! however all other beds are fine. Parties on the top of the hostel were cool and only 5 min walk from local beach, Highly recommended!

Nice hostel, with a fun bar at the top floor. It could be cleaner. The many floors and stairs divide the guests and the hostel a bit. I was at a room with a big group, which was loud after midnight, dirty, messy and smoked in the bedroom. The staff did not reprehend them.

Great vibe! Although it's not the neatest hostel, the atmosphere and the nice staff Compensate. Totally worth staying in el viajero!

• 25th Feb 2015