El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

I really enjoyed my stay at el viajero. The staff is lovely, smiley, and does the job really well . Breakfast is rich and the ladies in charge take really good care of it. Things that could improve are the temperature in the rooms: I nearly hybernate! It's pleasant to find a fresh spot after a warm day, but at nights the cold got quite extreme. Another suggestion is to take a better care of the kitchen facilities: pots and such do not make you want to cook. I suggest to change them regularly!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Awesome hostel. I liked so much!!!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

I wouldn't stay here again! There is no security for the rooms, so anyone can walk in and out...and they did! There was some drunk guy who wandered into our room while we were sleeping and tried sleeping in other peoples beds and was touching the girls! We asked for a refund the next morning and went to a different place. On top of that, the rooms weren't clean, the lockers didn't work. The staff when we arrived ignored us while they talked amongst themselves. Go somewhere else!

I had a great experience at El Viajero San Andrés and I recomend it!

Thank you very much Felipe! :) Regards!!!

I had a great time at el viajero, San andres. The staff were so lovely and would do anything to help. Dorms were big. However, it really does lack atmosphere. It could do with organised events or something to get people talking. That's the only bad thing. Other than that, it's a nice chilled hostel.

Good place, lacks a little in atmosphere!

Thank you Frederico! Cheers from all the staff at El Viajero!

Everything was great, except for a mistake that the staff made, when they needed me to change the room and just said it to me when I was going out for a tour in the island. There was also a room with no air conditioner.

• 2nd Sep 2014

It an amazing stay. The staff especially was great and the hostel was a lot of fun.

Very big, but with no big commonroom, which is sad. Breakfast is very, very good.

Staff could seem a bit uninterested from time to time. Not very many european travellers here, which is very good if you want to practice speaking spanish!

Great hostel. Nice staff, fun bar, good location. Only downsides - internet is crappy and it can be noisy at night, though that didn't bother me.

The hostel is aa relly nice one, has air conditioning, is clean and the staff treated me very well helping whenever i needed.

The hostel is centrally located close to the beach. The breakfast is buffet style. The staff is helpful. But I had two reservations, I paid both, but one wasn`t uploaded to the system. So when leaving the staff asked me to pay for one of the reservations I told them that I had already done so, but I was asked to bring the receipt, of course I had already trash it. All of this loosing time to my transfer, finally founding the signed receipt with the amount for both reservations. None apologized,

We used the Hostel for a quick stopover to catch a flight to Providencia in the morning. The double room was very clean, beds comfy and a/c worked very well. The location close to the airport is perfect, though it might be excellent for a longer stay in the island as well. We needed a taxi early in the morning and staff only ordered one after some discussion (it was too early for a regular taxi driver, but in the end they found someone driving us ;-)).

The overage stay in hostel was great !!! Just one thing was wrong the kitchen is not good , somethings are damage or is not in there like a good knife.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Hostel has a good location and some staff were helpful. Hostel needs more bathrooms, I stayed in an ensuite with 8 beds and there was a queue for the bathroom!! Don{t get your washing done here. I did and it smelt awful coming back. Got it done a second time and it was just as bad. Smelt like rotten eggs!

A big hostel but well organised with very helpful

very good guide you in all questions you have, thanks to all the staff especially sandra

• 12th Jul 2014

the atmosphere is very nice very clean full breakfast is good and the warmth of the staff is great everything is much more to what is expected from the price ...

• 12th Jul 2014

This is a pretty big hostel. GIven the size, I thought the cleaning staff did a really good job. Yes, the bathrooms were a bit on the dirty side, and the toilets/showers aren't great, but the cleaning staff did everything they could to keep things decent. I thought the staff was quite friendly (even the front desk staff), location was good, security was average at best, and the value was fine.

View all San Andres Island Hostels