El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites Reviews

Avenida 20 de Julio Nº3A - 122, San Andres Island, Colombia

My experience was awful, basically because of the other guests who were disrespectful, chatting and being noisy after midnight when sharing a room. My suggestion is that the management make clear that there are areas where people can socialise at any time, but not in the bedrooms where other guests are trying to rest. Also, there were no lockers to keep luggage safe, at least renting them apart.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

The staff - absolutely wonderful people. Only a couple of them made me feel uncomfortable to approach them. Very good breakfast as for a hostel. I just did not appreciate the level of cleanliness in the kitchen area. Tidied but not cleaned thoroughly enough - sticky and not hygienic. Dusgusting drying rack, smelly and well-worn dish sponges, sticky shelves, dirty fridges etc. All they need to get a 100% is investing a little bit more into cleanliness and hygiene, and that’s it :)

• Poland

great hostel with very nice staff, clean rooms and a very good breakfast with seaview :) cool bar on the top floor to meet other travellers and learn some salsa in the evening, however quiet in the rooms if you prefer to sleep early!! I enjoed the stay a lot and would always come back to el viajero

• 18th Apr 2014

My only annoying was from no really chill ereas. Couple of hanging hamoks would be great. Great view from the top bar but again no comfort to chill there....

• 18th Apr 2014

Nice hostel, good staff, good location, I didn't think the atmosphere was the most lively but I was not there to meet other people so was really just in and out. I will go back if I return to San Andres. :)

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

No hot water but it is a decent spot in downton

Was expecting a real hole based on reviews. But after the 10min walk from the airport, we were greeted with big smiles (and also when I returned just to leave my bag here for a few hours). Not the smartest rooms but perfectly fine (though at 40,000 it's expensive for what you get). Good continental range at breakfast. Fine all rounder for the 2 nights I stayed (ideally would have been 1 before going on to providencia...hostel can book boat tickets for you)

This Hostel is run very well with staff available & knowledgeable. There are fresh linens given to each new visitor & a security safe for each visitor as well as a lockable locker under the bunks & beds that are quite comfortable. Interesting, just inside the entrance is a shower to rinse off the sand from the beach. The Breakfast that's included is more than adequate to start the day. A great view from the upper floors & nice breeze that comes thru. It is in an easy access area along a Main St.

The bathroom and the toilette was not in a good shape and didn't work well .

• 11th Feb 2014

Awful. TV didn't work, shower didn't work for part of stay. Really loud, very annoying girls being incredibly loud right outside our room until 4am both nights we stayed. Golf cart they sorted out for us was dangerous. Neither steering or brakes worked - just as well its top speed was about 1mph. On the plus side the staff were nice and helpful. When we returned to San Andres we styed somewhere else which was much better and much cheaper.

I really liked this hostel for 10 days had problems for 2 days coma lack of water that was soon resolved. The breakfast sometimes lacked cheese and cake, but for those looking for a cheap place close to everything and this place is ideal. clean place, internet does not work and sometimes they do not link out of the country even charge it is bad for those who need communication. 'gostei muito desse hostel fiquei por 10 dias tivemos problemas por 2 dias coma falta de agua que logo foi resolvido.

• 7th Feb 2014

I was in a room of 8 and we didn't have water for 4 days!!!!!!!! and just after complaning A LOT we got some money back, and the staff wasn't helpful at all and they pretend that they do not understand brazilians speaking spanish...ridiculous!! and the manager was always running away from us!!! DO NOT STAY AT EL VIAJERO in San Andrés! Horrível! faltou água, os funcionários não ajudavam em nada e a gerente só fugia da gente! ¬¬

Gracias por tu comentario..fueron dias muy dificiles que pasamos en el hostel, pero es seguro que por nuestra calidad de servicio no volvera a repetirse, lastimosamente fuiste una de las afectadas y ante eso el viajero nunca se nego a dar la cara solo que en esos momentos la gerente no era muy util en recepcion sino buscandole solucion al problema, pero en su momento se hablo con todos y cada uno de los que quisieron hablar con ella, ojala podamos contar con tigo en una nueva oportunidad

good: cheep and safe stay. recommend it. downs: we had one week lack at the air conditions. it was almost flooding our room and they couldn't repair it for a week. if you want to stay cheap at the island and to meet traveler, i would recommend it. but don't expect to much. cheers!

1 2 Next » last »