El Warung Beach Hostel Reviews

Calle de Portugal, 69, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at by far. Everything about it was perfect. A block from the beach, a great price, a friendly and accommodating staff, and great facilities. There was a real family atmosphere to the place, and half the fun I had in Las Palmas was because I stayed at this hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014

It really is a perfect little hostel. It's just a shame I could not stay longer.

This place is amazing. I love the people there. I want to go back soon!

• 12th Mar 2014

I was only there for one night, but this is a great hostel. Really just perfect.

We had a wonderful stay at El Warung. The hostelowner and his helpers are very nice, helpful and supporting. The hostel was cleaned daily and the breakfast every morning was really delicious! (You can even have breaky at 11am) The team also asked us to join the carneval parties and we had a great time together! We even had the chance to stay one night at the El Warung Cave Hostel, which was truly amazing. After one week at Gran Canaria, we still wanted to stay and explorer the island. Thank u!!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything has been perfect, the team contributed to make this holidays amazing. People looking for an hostel with every kind of people, a family atmosphere, and in a perfect place just have to go there.

• 16th Feb 2014

Gorgeous hostel. A very cosy place; the staff created a really familiar atmosphere and the owner of the hostel is one of the nicest persons we have met in our life. He showed us around, took us with him to the mountains and made our holiday unforgettable. You have a lot of space (two living rooms, two kitchens, four bathrooms) and only 50 meters to go to the beach. We visited several hostels, but none of them radiated the atmosphere of "Beach House". We will definetly come back!

The beach can be reached in 30 seconds, and the value for money is definitely worth a booking at El Warung! Something about the organisation may be improved, but you have the chance to hire a bicycle for free and can enjoy a breakfast with an interesting choice among different options. And most important: they all welcome you and invite you to any party, dinner or anything else they are doing. Thanks to Manolo, and big cheers to Simone and Daisy who made me feeling as one of the "family".

Fun and easygoing owner and staff. And I sent my spotifylists to a girl at El Warung, so it's gonna be kind of awesome music playing in the background if you decide to go there!

A good place to learn about the El Warung cave hostel, Booked it by mistake, but Manuel, the boss, would have swapped if I had needed to. If you do go on to the cave hostel, don't forget to ask about the connecting bus from Terror to Artenara. I had to wait for three hours, though there could be worse places to be stuck than Teror.

El Warung experience is one of the most important things that happened in my life! The idea to go there was spontaneous-from S.-Petersburg to amazing islands to explore not urban life,but smth another. I didn't expect for this price such a cozy hostel,so cool recorated as a surf-house,with a staff-team that becomes like a family for you.In LP you can enjoy your travel in different ways,going in for extreme sports or visiting the historic center or simply watching how the sun meets the ocean..;)

Excellent place lovely staff, close to the beach has everything you need

After staying at the other Hostel - the El Warung Cave, I was honestly really disappointed by this hostel. The location was perfect. We arrived and couldn't find anyone working. My stay was some months ago now and when leaving I suggested to the owner(?) to place some mats on the floor of the communal areas as all the floors are tiles which means that sound reverberates through the place. I sure hope this has been done!

30 m from the best snorkeling ive ever seen. Better than my dive courses in thialand. Free surf boards, free snorkeling equipment, free bycicles andf free laundry i was cycling 20 minutes to El Confital, the best right hand surfing point break in europe everyday! saved me heaps of cash on the bycicle hire. Super casual hostel with no reception and or check in\ check out time. This place is for real travelers, its just like home and is not designed to try and suck you dry like most hostels.

• 5th Jan 2014

i had a nice stay in this hostel. i wish to recommend it to any person who plan to visit gran canaria. it is close to the beach. you can hire a bicycle for free what i did. the staff was really friendly and attentive. a rich breackfast is always there for a good start

• 30th Dec 2013

We had 5 nights here over Xmas at the last minute and fell on our feet!!! A great place to stay. Felt very welcome: friendly and helpful staff, excellent quiet location v near to fab beach and short walk to bus, basic but clean and comfortable. Breakfast included was great and well stocked. There was a nice diverse crowd and everyone seemed happy with their stay/work. It was busy, but felt safe and secure. More like a flat share rather than a hostel, which was nice. Thanks guys, mucho gracias !

• 22nd Dec 2013

Hostelworld states you have a free breakfast but we were not told about this. Would not recommend this hostel, was very disappointed as had read such amazing reviews about this hostel.

Perfect place to stay in Las Palmas. Book quickly because they only have 12 beds!! :-)

Well,pretty good price,hard to find the place, no signs only an address,using the two doorbells available, suddenly the door opens, going in. No idea where to go. Knocking on the first locked door, no response,walking up, knocking on the second door, no response... after some time someone opened the door. Well inside, the place is pretty cozy,friendly people but hard to get who´s the receptionist and mostly people seems to know each other in there so a little hard to "break into the bubble"...

I LOVED this hostel. Such a laid-back, family atmosphere, open kitchen use, good breakfast, and very friendly staff. Right next to the beach and Santa Catalina park, which is a big hub. Get's a little sandy in the bathroom depending who you room with, but what can you do? We're on an island. Had an amazing weekend here!

View all Gran Canaria Hostels