El Warung Beach Hostel Reviews

Calle de Portugal, 69, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain

El Waring hostel represents simpicity, nice details and design, freedom... I was like in a timeles capsule. You can really enjoy the city of Las Palmas. The beach, city center, night life, boat-hiking, and lots more. And of course, for me was a staring ponit to go in the beautiful mountains of Grancanaria to El Warung Cave Hostel in Artenara.

A great hostel, very intimate, super nice people and a friendly athmosphere, nice breakfast and coffee, a shared shelter in the fridge what is nice when you just stay a little time or want to leave stuff you dont carry on. Superb location next to the surfers beach and also the nice, not too touristy beach of las Canteras. Thanks!

Not the nicest, newest hostel you'll stay at - but definitely the most comfortable. Period.

Just one word: Awesome! I spent 3 Weeks in El Warung. Just 12 beds, that's mean very good atmosphere. I felt more in a family house than in a Hostel. Manolo and staff are very nice with guest! The decoration is just perfect and you are so close to the beach that you can surf eery morning if you want. I only can recomand you to visit el Warung but be carreful, If you organise a trip in Canary Island, make your first night there and then forget all your plans, you'll stay there! Enjoy!

• 28th Nov 2013

WOW! this place is somewhere where you MUST stay. Not only are the views great and the hiking is excellent, the energy that this place has is one that you take with you when you go. The owner is really great, and will do everything he can to make your stay the best. He's also an encyclopaedia for the canary islands, so if you plan to continue travelling, make sure you sit down to green tea with him! We will, without a doubt, be back. he has acheived what hostel everywhere are trying to!

Thank you El Warung Beach Hostel for the wonderful week in Las Palmas! I had a great time at the hostel, in the city and got the chance to meet a lot of amazing people during my stay. When you want to find yourself a new family away from home, this is the place to stay! Many thanks! :)

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Enjoyed the stay in your hostel. There was very easygoing and social atmosphere.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Finland

It is a place definitely have to stay in Gran Canaria. The owner was so nice to help us make sure we get the room we wanted, took as to the other hostel he has in the cave. When I needed the internet for making some work related, he also promised and helped me set it up as the top priority. If you get the chance, go to stay at the cave. That was awesome! all staff were feeling like friends, very helpful and friendly. a place you shouldn't miss!

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

I had a great time in the hostel, it is just one minute from the beach, you can rent a bike for free without limit of time. I really enjoyed my time there.

That was fantastic trip for me! I enjoyed every single moment. If you are interested in local life, hiking, staying in a cave for a couple of days with an absolute silence, surfing or just delicious food, I would definitely recommend to stay in El Warung. I went there alone but then felt like part of El Warung family. I guarantee that you will earn more than what you spent:)

• 25th Oct 2013