El Warung Beach House Reviews

Calle de Portugal, 69, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

Just absolutely great place with caring and smiling staff! Would recommend Warung to any back packer. Don't hesitate even a moment...

great staff very friendly...especially the fair nice germany manager...see you....

el warung beach hostel is an absolutely lovely place to stay due to its super central location nearby the beach las canteras/la cicer surf spot and its familiar atmosphere. the staff has been very helpful, besides spanish they speak english and german and help you a lot to get the most out of the island due to their wide local knowledge. also a visit to their cave hostel in the mountains has been a great experience! thank you!! :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Great stuff :)

• 17th Nov 2014

It was a nice hostel with a good location just one block away from the las Canteras Beach.

Great stay at El Warung BH. Located close to beach, buses and food shops. Very tidy hostel, kitchen is a bit tight if there are a handful of people looking to cook but I never had a problem. Wifi was excellent. Staff (memorably Monolo and Daisy) are super friendly and were more than happy to assist where possible. Great value for money. El Warung also has a hostel in the mountains (highly recommended!)

My (unfortunately short) visit to Las Palmas was the best possible experience thanks to my stay at El Warung! Manuel was helpful and thoughtful, the friendliest local host that one could ask for! The atmosphere was friendly with the rest of the guests, it was more like hanging out with new friends. The location is great, the room and bathroom were clean, WiFi works well... Will definitely recommend to any visiting friends and hope to come back to visit the Cave hostel!

I stayed at el warung for a week, It became my home away from home, it has an amazing atmosphere, you feel like you are hanging out with some friends in a house rather than in a hostel. it is clean and in an amazing location, although the best part is the staff, thanks to manuel and shanti for accomodating me and making my stay here amazing. Hasta la otra, muchisimas gracias .

• 12th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice staff in the hostel, supermarket and beach just few steps! great!

Manuel was fantastic and incredibly kind. He picked me up personally from the airport with David and I felt more like I was visiting family than a hostel. The hostel felt like home. It was so clean and well decorated, and right next to the boardwalk. I went for a beautiful run the next morning and then did a bike tour with Manuel. He showed me all the hotspots. Definitely want to come back to stay in the cave hostels!! Thank you SO much Manuel. Hasta la proxima :)

Very friendly staff, amazing location, very nice and clean rooms. This hostel is locally owned and the owner provided me with very interesting insights about the city, night life and outdoor sports. I had some amazing individual surf lessons at 7 o clock in the morning, on an empty beach and enjoying the first morning light, great experience! The hostel staff also organized a hike in the mountains!

Really nice place where you feel yourself like at home! All you need is there: comfortable bed, hot shower, wi-fi, breakfast!!! Location is amazing just a few minutes from the beach! The best beach on the World!!!:) Owner is a great person always welcome to help you :)

Manuel goes out of his way to help you have a good time on the island, and all the people there were very friendly and helpful. It's a modern apartment a stone's throw from Las Canteras beach - and if you like the city that's where you'll get the best of it. Plus you can stay to it's sister cave hostel in the mountains for a night, if you like.

El Warung Beach House was perfect for me and my friends. The staffs were always kind and nice people. They helped to carry our huge baggages. Especially Tomas was very impressive. He made us comfortable and cozy. He didn't care when we checked out the hostel. I want to talk him saying "Thank you soooooo much!!!". I hope we'll meet again.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Top location and a really good value for money! Some organisational work could be improved - like maps for the best places to visit, offers for some activities (bicycle rental, organised pub crawls, pool table). Thank you for a good time!

I spent a few days at El Warung Beach House hostel at the beginning of August and I really liked the place! The atmosphere was really homey and the staff were helpful and nice to me. They're quite flexible about the check-in and check-out times. I was given some tips on what to see in the city and was even given a lift to the mountains by the hostel owner as he happened to be going there during my stay. Highly recommended place to stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

The rooms were very small, only one bathroom for a lot of people. The living room is quite small as is the whole hostel. We didn't enjoy staying there, because our room was too small, too hot and musty. BUT the staff was friendly and welcoming and we a got great tips what to visit in Gran Canaria and where to go.

Hi and thanks for your feedback. At El Warung Beach House we try to create an atmosphere making you feel like you are in your own house. On each floor we have six beds and two full bathrooms. It´s possible you didn´t see the on suite bathroom in the second bedroom. Hope you enjoyed the island ;) El Warung.

they did great job to host guests like in a family. it is very nice to stay.

Couldn't ask for a better hostel experience!! I've never been in a hostel where I've felt soooo comfortable and at home. It truly was an experience. Great staff, strong wifi, free breakfast, clean, relaxing and you literally can have your feet in the sand within two minutes of leaving your room. You can hear the ocean from the living room! Don't miss tapas night in old town, and check out the Cave Hostel -- GORGEOUS!! Muchisimas gracias, El Warung crew!!! :D :D

Had an amazing stay! The staff makes you feel like apart of their family in a comfortable relaxed setting. Las Canteras beach is literally a two minute walk away! With a perfect location, free breakfast, WiFi in every room, amazing staff, and the opportunity to visit the center of the island [check out El Warung Cave Hostel!] I would definitely recommend everyone to stay here! I know I'll be back! Thank you so much Manolo!!

View all Gran Canaria Hostels