Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

The bed and blankets were the best I slept in. The shower is hot as hell and the breakfast is amazing. I only think the man behind the reception desk was really weird :') And this hostel is not in the centre of Thamel, it is a 5-10 minute walk.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Gave us some useful information about TIMS and trekking permits. When paying for the room we had only dolllars and the exchange rate was the best we ever got in Nepal.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Lithuania

Great Hostel Khem made sure everything was taken care of promptly and to my liking. they helped me book two amazing treks and i couldn't have been more pleased. THe breakfast it also reason enough to stay here

• 15th Nov 2014

The hostel basically is clean, but too old. Location is a bit out of tamel, need to walk thru very dusty road

We stayed at the hostel almost a week and had a very nice stay. Great money-value accommodation, very clean for the Nepali standards. We had a very nice room with a balcony and a shared bathroom. The bathroom was in a good condition and was cleaned every day. Its great that the hostel has its own garden, where the guests can have a breakfast and have an escape form the chaos of Kathmandu. The employees and the owner of the hotels were very helpful and kind to us and other guests. Thank you!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Everything about this place was great except the location (it was a 10 minute walk to Thamel, the main tourist district) and the fact that the shower was only warm/hot on one of the three occasions I tried to shower. But really, I mean it, this place was awesome and I'd highly recommend it. The staff were sooo friendly and you couldn't ask for a better atmosphere.

Thank you very much for this great stay at Elbruz home, we stayed one week and really enjoyed the warm welcome of the staff, all the good advices, the great breakfasts and the afternoon teas, as well as the cosy room.

• 9th Nov 2014

great place to stay as a base to go onto other parts of Nepal, 5 main walk from Thamel. very friendly owner always willing to help

Excellent location and staff extremely helpful. Breakfast was beyond expectations.

• 4th Nov 2014

Disappointing owner... The stay was ok and the owner friendly. But his face changed and he became quite unfriendly when we departed and were not willing to pay 70 US$ to get to Pokhara by his own taxi (the bus costs about 8 US$!)... In addition, I realized that he "organized" his own taxi to bring us to the stupa charging us more that double the normal price! That's not the way one treats its clients... (btw: the only time I felt screwed in Nepal).

This was my first stop in Nepal and I got moved to another hotel up the street and had to move back to stay an extra night. The free breakfast and water refills are an awesome touch. I did feel pressured to use their agency for booking a trek and unwelcome when I didn't (based on a friends recommendation elsewhere). Rooms balconies and courtyard are all lovely but I'll probably stay somewhere else when I get back to Kathmandu.

Stayed here on two occasions either side of doing Annapurna circuit. Didnt book our mountain guide through the hotel (had booked one before arriving) but would recommend to if you are looking for one as Khem is in touch with guides and porters that have lots of experience. On both stays the rooms were brilliant with good facilities - WiFi. Power in room, towels and overall very clean. The free breakfast is makes it worth staying here in itself! Nice balcony's to read a book and watch kathmandu!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel! Incredible staff, spacious rooms, lovely courtyard and balconies and great breakfast. Couldn't ask for a better first hostel experience in Nepal. If you need any trekking plan, definitely ask Khem!

• 2nd Nov 2014

The owner is very cool, gives you advice how to spend your time better, and takes care for everything. There is really good breakfast served in the morning. The location is good just at the edge of Thamel. There is drinking water on each floor. Good terraces.

Our second stay here, this time we got a room in the other building, across the road, which was nice as well! Thanks again and namaste!

fantastic place to come and stay. Very refreshing and relaxing after staying in more hectic places. Great place to re-energise before or after trekking. Khem is super friendly and very helpful. More than happy to pay the $10 a night fee. Plus breakfast is amazing. As my favourite meal of the day they had high expectations to live up to but did a great job of it :)

Khem, the owner, really makes you feel at home. He let us keep some things for free at the luggage storage while we were on our trekking and also lent us some trekking poles free of charge. The free breakfast is great and the free drinking water is also a nice thing. Wifi is a bit slow and the facilities aren't the best in the world but for Nepal standards this is a great place to stay.

Very good!!!! Excellent staff!!!!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

We stayed for 2 nights in Standard double room and it was a very pleasant experience in Kathmandu. 3 min walking from main Thamel tourist market, but located in a quiet road. Staff is very friendly, and environment very relaxing. I definitely recommend it for the price, laundry service is good. Only slow wireless in rooms near rooftop, connection very unstable everytime.

I stayed at Helbrus Home for 5 days before my trek. Staff was always very helpful and really friendly! Location is good, 5 minutes from Thamel and good breakfast. I let my luggages there during my trek and had no problem to find them back 2 weeks after. I totally recommend this hotel!

• 15th Oct 2014