Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Really comfortable hostel with a nice garden and terraces which are a welcome resting point in Kathmandu. Staff were always very friendly. Khem helped us out alot. Airport collection and onward bus tickets were a really great help! Plus the 2 were very entertaining.

• 11th Apr 2014

We ended up staying here about 7nights and had a great stay! The owner was very helpful with booking our tours and everest hike. The free breakfast in the morning is excellent. Over all very easy to meet people as there is a nice garden and a relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay again!

Great stay at Elbrus. Khem and his brother makes you feel right at home. Great breakfast offered everyday. 5-minute walk to Thamel. Would recommend to anyone.

• 7th Apr 2014

Great place. Oasis in kathmandu

This hostel has a lovely garden area and staff were pleasant. However our room was dirty and the bathroom truly revolting. It hadn't even been attempted to wipe it over. Hair, dirt and mould everywhere. The shower was really poor. The toilet leaked. The linen obviously dirty. And at 20 USD a night it was hugely overpriced (something I didn't know at the time being my first time) I since found gorgeous clean rooms elsewhere for as little as 6 USD a night. I was very unhappy Elbrus. Never again.

• 30th Mar 2014

We had a great stay at Elbrus. It is a warm and friendly hostel with lots of facilities and organised tours available. It is only ahort walk from the very centre of town. The staff are very welcoming and we felt very safe there. All in all, a great stay.

Lovely hostel. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. They let us check out a day early without any charge, and saved a room for us after our trek. The free breakfast is awesome!

A very unique and nice place with the most friendly and funny staff! I very much enjoyed staying here.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Finland

The only surprise about this place is that some people have given it less than 100% . Khem goes that extra mile in all situations putting people in touch with value for money treks is one example there are many more

It's an amazing place to stay in Kathmandu. It's very relax and quiet. They have this excellent garden to have breakfast. By the way, the breakfast is very good. The hostel is in the middle of Thamel, very close to every thing you need. People are great. Very recommended!!

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Chile

Great staff, very helpful and super accommodating. Airport pick up was nice. Let us store gear while off trekking for 2 weeks and even did our stinky hiking laundry when we got back! Awesome big breakfasts, they even got up at 0500h to make it for us before we flew out. Fresh drinking water on every floor and friendly live in dog :) Thanks Elbrus!

• 5th Mar 2014

Nice place to stay!!! Super friendly staff and not directly in thamel which is really really good. Wifi, Hot water, ...

Loved staying here, and the location is great. Easy walking into Thamel, but far enough away so you feel like you can relax. The garden soft furnishings are excellent and a great escape from the dust and hard kathmandu. But its the staff for sure that make this place. They bend over backwards to make sure there are "no problems"!! This included changing us into a sunnier room, booking bus tickets, doing our washing, breakfast literally delivered to bed, and sending excess luggage home for us.

Elbrus Home is basically a home away from home. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. I spent 16 days at Elbrus Home and enjoyed every one of them. The rooms are great, you have free wifi, hot showers, a terrace, the courtyard. And the breakfasts were awesome. Very good portions. Khem is an absolutely awesome host. He helped me book my trek to EBC and hooked me up with my amazing guide, Chabi (If you're looking for a guide, he's the best) Thanks for a great stay! I will for sure be back.

Here a couple of things which I like to find out, when I read reviews: - the owner Khem was nice and friendly - everything was clean - the garden was lovely - breakfast was yummy (porridge, eggs, toast, juice and tea/coffee) - location was nice as it a bit outside the very touristic parts of Thamel, so it was quieter, however you need to walk about ten minutes north of Thamel. - the hotel has a generator for power and wifi always works ;) In total, I really enjoyed my stay and I would go back!

Good value for money in Kathmandu. The rooms are clean and there is always plenty of hot water. I have had cold showers in more expensive hotels in Kathmandu. Khem is always helpful. My first night there, I arrived late and was unable to find an open restaurant for dinner but Khem gave me some beautiful vegetable curry and rice...no charge. I will be returning to Elbrus after trekking.

I had a good time here. I found it very relaxing. The room was clean and a nice breakfast was included. The owner Khem is very friendly and helpful. He was able to find me a guide and had valuable information about the various attractions in the area. He also found cheap flights for my next destination and seemed to have an answer for all my questions and knew how to guide me in the right directions. I recommend this hostel for anyone getting ready to trek, or just visiting Kathmandu in general.

• 8th Feb 2014

Fantastic friendly staff, excellent included breakfast.

I stayed here with my two friends and we had the most wonderful and pleasant stay. All the staff were very helpful and always were wanting to assist us in some way. For our trek, they helped us with everything and made something very daunting an easy and enjoyable experience and gave us the excellent guide that was Chhabi. The hot showers were always welcomed, as was the included breakfast that was delicious. We felt very at home here at Elbrus and would recommend it to a younger demographic.

• 6th Feb 2014

I thought hostel would be located in Thamel. It's not unfortunately. 5 mins by foot. And toilet/ shower was pretty basic. Apart from that nice stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3