Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Elbrus Home is an execellent place to stay. A great location, a friendly and very welcoming atmosphere, a comfortable, clean and very sturdy building and an excellent breakfast! It is a great place to explore Kathmandu from, to make friends, and to start / continue your adventures in Nepal. Definitely coming back!

• 21st Jul 2015

Everything great. Very good location and atmosphere. We were only in Nepal for three days and in Elbrus they took care of everything so that we could make the most of those days. I strongly recommend it.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Elbrus Home is everything you could want in a hostel; Khem and his team are super friendly and helpful, the location is great and the beds are comfy. The hostel hasn't been affected by the earthquakes at all - the garden and balconies are great for chilling out in at the end of a hot day. I'd definitely recommend a stay here!

Fantastic hostel, we stayed twice on our trip and would highly recommend. Can even confirm it can survive earthquakes. The rooms we stayed in we're very clean, confy beds, always had hot water. Free drinking water in the hallways was unexpected but very appreciated. Has a really nice relaxing garden where you can enjoy an incredible free breakfast. Staff were super friendly, particularly Khem, who would ask how we were and ensure the best stay possible (wasn't pushy though). Good location too.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Elbrus house was a lovely oasis in a very frantic city. It is situated in the North part of the Thamel area, making it a perfect location for shopping and eating. Even though Kathmandu is a very busy place, Elbrus homes' garden is a highly relaxing place perfect to chill out in or enjoy the free breakfast! Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Great place. Ace breakfast. Lovely to have a small garden in the middle of crazy Kathmandu! Staff were really helpful and welcoming, we had airport transfers both ways no problem. Comfy beds too. Thoroughly recommend.

• 7th Apr 2015

nice staff, nice place, good hospitality

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Greece

The hospitality was great; they really went out of their way to look after me. They arranged a trip around the city, with a driver that was great. They also arranged my dosmestic flight, which was no bother at all. Loved his mixed accent of English and Australian. Thank you. It's a lovely place.

We had a great time staying at the Elbrus Home and made our stay in Kathmandu very enjoyable. It's in a great location, just outside of Thamel. Khem is really friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. Our room was clean and tidy. An awesome place to stay!

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a very pleasant stay in Elbrus Home. Khim was so accommodating and he made sure that he got all our needs covered. He kept asking us everyday if we're okay and if we need any help for anything at all. Breakfast is good! Though the location isn't in Central Thamel, it's just walking distance. Great hostel!

I stayed for 2 nights at Elbrus home and was very happy with my stay there. The hostel itself is located just a couple of minutes from the busy streets of Thamel and is an oasis of calm in a bustling Kathmandu city. The staff (especially Khem) was friendly and helped organise taxis to places in Kathmandu and also helped book tickets to a mountain flight which I wanted to take. There is a nice little garden in the hostel where one can unwind and relax. Highly recommended.

Excellent location close to everything you need as a visitor to Kathmandu! The hostel itself is beautiful and amazingly decorated. I'm a big fan of the garden/breakfast area which brought a feeling of relaxation even in the bustling city. Breakfast was great and everything was affordable. The staff and owner go out of their way to make sure you experience in Nepal is a spectacular one, also very friendly and knowledgeable. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Kathmandu! Thanks for everything!

• 29th Mar 2015

The hostel was pretty nice, I really enjoyed the breakfasts served in the garden. We were also given helpful instructions and advice for checking out the city.

The stay was ok and the owner friendly at the beginning, but his face changed and he became quite arrogant and unfriendly, specially with my girlfriend, when we decided not to take a tour throw his travel agency which was almost doubled expensive than the one we took. That's not the way one treats its clients! Very dissapointing as per the average rate they have...

Rooms varied pretty widely - I recommend a higher-level room (better views!), or asking for one with an extra bed (our friends had HUGE rooms with two beds for the same price/booking details as our smaller one). Staff was SO helpful - our flight in was VERY delayed and they waited for us at the airport, and when we left, drove us all around Kathmandu before dropping us off. So kind, and great big breakfast in the beautiful garden.

If you are looking for a nice romantic luxury hotel then this isn't for you, however if you are looking for a comfortable bed, very friendly and helpful staff and a relaxing atmosphere on a budget then I would highly recommend. The bed is comfier than mine back home and the owner is so nice. The garden area is very relaxing and takes you away from the buzz of Kathmandu. The breakfast is included in nightly price and very plentiful. Perfect for our pre EBC trek.

My friend and I stayed at Elbrus for a total of 6 nights before and after our Everest trek. We enjoyed the balconies and garden area, and the included breakfast was more than we could have asked for! The staff is attentive and friendly. I got sick and they took great care in getting me to a hospital quickly and checking up on me. Hot shower 24 hours is fantastic.

This was our first trip to Nepal and Elbrus made it a great one! Amazing garden and views, breakfast included was top notch - eggs, juice, porridge, fruit, coffee/tea! Very comfortable beds and cosy rooms, outside the centre of Thamel but only a 5 min walk away. Khem and his team were very helpful and welcoming! Only downside was that our organised airport transfer did not turn up - make sure to confirm pick up day before. Definitely give Elbrus a go!

Very friendly and helpful staff, great garden! A place to escape the dirty

Great location, lovely people and big breakfast! We only stayed here for one night but we will definitely be staying here again when we pass back through Kathmandu. We were even able to store one of our bags there which is a life saver. Thank you so much Khem, Ali and staff! We will see you soon.