Elbrus Home

Superb 1271 Total Reviews
Superb 1271 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

The owner was very helpful and it's located 5 minutes away from the busy area of Thamel. The breakfast was very filling and I like how there is a security guard outside the gate at all times. Being a solo traveler, I felt really safe. I will definitely come back here if I need a hotel in Thamel.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

I stayed at Elbrus for 4 nights this week. It's been great! The price is good, especially since an awesome breakfast is included. They picked me up at the airport. Khem has so much good information. There are multiple rooftops at the hotel to hang out on. And they're storing my bags when I go trekking. I will definitely come back again.

• danielgalvalizi5983
  • Argentina, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
16th Mar 2017
6.6

A big disapointment. I got there and the manager told me there were no more dorms and i had to stay alone in a room for same price, although i didnt want to 'cause im a solo traveler. Toilets should be cleaner and my room should was freezing. The breakfast was good. Location is a bit too far to go walking to Durbar in a city where traffi is hell. Staff should improve english skill

15th Mar 2017

Awesome breakfast. Lovely garden. Welcoming and helpful staff.

• England, Couple, 31-40
11th Mar 2017

What a wonderful stay. Basic but well equipped rooms. Hot showers. Amazing staff/manager. Free luggage storage for when you go off on treks! Huge complimentary breakfast! Couldn't have asked for more at such a bargain price

10th Mar 2017

Staff is awesome. Location is good but the way to go from/to thamel center can be a bit dusty/muddy dependent on the weather. They didn't clean the room in the 3 nights we stayed there. Breakfast is good. Good value for money.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
9th Mar 2017

We had a lovely 5 night stay with Khem and his colleagues. Location is great and quite near the hustle and bustle of Thamel. We'll be back on our return leg!

3rd Mar 2017

Good place to stay close to the hustle and bustle of Thamel but in a quite part of the negiborhood. The owners are great with helping planing and the breakfast is amazing so filling. Would highly recomend!!

• Sparedes
  • USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017

Elbrus was amazing . I was initially a bit intimidated by the chaos in Kathmandu but Elbrus hostel made me feel right at home . They arranged two different tours for me and made me feel right at home . I recommend it 100% P.s go explore , everything's relatively close to the hostel . Take a walk - you may like it !

28th Feb 2017

I really have nothing negative to say about this place. It's technically a couple blocks north of Thamel but thats as much a pro as a con as it's a little quieter at night and the walk is 5 min or less. The facilities are great. Gas/solar 24hr hot water. Free breakfast is a real meal (eggs, porridge, toast, juice, & coffee/tea). Decent internet for Nepal. The staff are excellent. Big help with transportation and free luggage storage. Also multiple rooftop terraces for sunsets and beers.