Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Very warm and comfortable stay in Kathmandu staff very friendly and helpful - great place to stay with lovely garden hot shower and comfortable beds

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Wales

Very lovely guesthouse. Just a 5 min walk north of Thamel however this means that at night it is quiet from traffic and commotion. Nearly every room leads on to a terrace which is great and the garden provides a lovely little sanctuary. The owners are very helpful and kind and they will arrange any transport you need and I was even walked to the bus stop 10 mins away to make sure I found it okay. Free tea, coffees and water are little touches that make this place great value. Recommend.

• 1st Dec 2014

really well set up hostel, service was excellent aswell

The location is ideal as it is just outside of Thamel, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the airport pickup is nice if you are arriving in Nepal for your first time. The garden area and free breakfast are also a plus. On the downside, the single room I stayed in was extremely small and dark with no windows looking outside. The bathroom was also a bit grimey and could use some updating.

Elbrus home is a comfortable place to stay, just a short walk away from the hustle and bustle of Thamel. The beds are soo comfy after trekking that we went straight back when we arrived in Kathmandu a second time. Khem is really helpful too and can arrange booking of tours and buses etc if needed. Breakfasts are excellent, internet is pretty iffy sadly though.

very helpful staff, easy access to Thamel, great free breakfast, nice balcony with views of the city. highly recommend!

• 21st Nov 2014

Very welcoming and helpful staff, we returned after 2 weeks and they were happy to provide a room. The included breakfast is top notch, blows most other options out of the water. They can also hold onto your bags before you depart on a trek and will organise airport pickup for a reasonable fee.

• 21st Nov 2014

Amazing place to stay while in Kathmandu!! Spacious clean rooms, hot showers! Large lobby to hang in and a beautiful garden area to sit in and have your breakfast! Very good breakfast to by the way. Really great location as well! Khem the owner is awesome and took very good care of us while staying here. Highly recommend staying at Elbrus Home during your stay in Kathmandu!

Our stay at Elbrus was enjoyable, the facilities and location and great and the staff made the whole experience excellent.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really feels like home! Great location, very quiet as it is located just off the busy streets of Thamel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It is also nice that breakfast is included.

• 18th Nov 2014

I loved staying at Elbrus! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful- just what I needed for my introduction to Nepal! My room was very clean and tidy and had the comfiest bed I've ever stayed in at a hostel :) Can not fault the location- 5 mins from the hustle and bustle of thamel, but the garden and sunny rooftops are the perfect place to escape it all and just read a book or watch the world go by :) Breakkie in the morning is really yummy andsuper filling- thanks for a brilliant stay :)

The bed and blankets were the best I slept in. The shower is hot as hell and the breakfast is amazing. I only think the man behind the reception desk was really weird :') And this hostel is not in the centre of Thamel, it is a 5-10 minute walk.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Gave us some useful information about TIMS and trekking permits. When paying for the room we had only dolllars and the exchange rate was the best we ever got in Nepal.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Lithuania

Great oasis in a sea of madness that is Kathmandu, Khem is very helpful and friendly, will arrange anything from flights to Lukla to your laundry! Great service and friendly staff, VERY comfortable beds with lovely thick blankets to keep you warm ....and HOT showers, great after a week long trek!! Beautiful garden to have the free morning breakfast in, which is plentiful to say the least .This is our second time visiting Elbrus Home and it probably will not be the last! :D

Great Hostel Khem made sure everything was taken care of promptly and to my liking. they helped me book two amazing treks and i couldn't have been more pleased. THe breakfast it also reason enough to stay here

• 15th Nov 2014

Breakfast was great! Room was spacious but bathroom needs a thorough clean (very smelly and bath/tiles were mouldy). Staff were not overly friendly/helpful (asked three times for one set of bus tickets - why not just give them too us the first time, instead of saying ill give tonight/tomorrow and then not?! Very frustrating for something so simple). Overall it was okay.

I stayed at Elbrus Home twice because I liked it so much. It's the perfect place to lean back in Kathmandu. With all the dust and the noise in the city, Elbrus home is like an green Oasis. The included breakfast is super good and the staff really friendly. Oh and hot shower and clean blankets. :)

• 13th Nov 2014

The hostel basically is clean, but too old. Location is a bit out of tamel, need to walk thru very dusty road

We stayed at the hostel almost a week and had a very nice stay. Great money-value accommodation, very clean for the Nepali standards. We had a very nice room with a balcony and a shared bathroom. The bathroom was in a good condition and was cleaned every day. Its great that the hostel has its own garden, where the guests can have a breakfast and have an escape form the chaos of Kathmandu. The employees and the owner of the hotels were very helpful and kind to us and other guests. Thank you!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Everything about this place was great except the location (it was a 10 minute walk to Thamel, the main tourist district) and the fact that the shower was only warm/hot on one of the three occasions I tried to shower. But really, I mean it, this place was awesome and I'd highly recommend it. The staff were sooo friendly and you couldn't ask for a better atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4