Elbrus Home

Fabulous 1299 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1299 Total Reviews

• Slovenia, Male, 41+
14th Apr 2017

Very helpful staff. Help to buy ticket, waiting for me to times in airport more then two ours, good adviser and wonderful breakfast. If I was needs transport always was available.

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
8th Apr 2017

Khem and the other staff at the hostel made our stay really pleasant. The guesthouse had all the facilities we needed, and was definitely good value for money.

8th Apr 2017

The staff is really what makes this place. The guys are so nice and accommodating and willing to help out with whatever. Definitely worth the extra little walk out of thamel

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Apr 2017

All staff at Elbrus were extremely friendly and helpful. The owner was happy to suggest and book trips / bus journeys out of Kathmandu. The breakfast was great value for money and tasty. We enjoyed our stay at Elbus - it was a relaxing place to return to after the chaos of Thamel.

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Apr 2017
8.0

Staff were great. Arranged for me to be picked up from the airport. Free breakfast was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable but the lock on my door broke after the first day so i could only lock my room whilst I was in it. It wasn't fixed whilst I was there so i had to risk my belongings being available to anyone whilst i was out, however, whilst there i didn't meet a single person i wouldn't have trusted so it didn't bother me too much anyway.

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
3rd Apr 2017
3.7

They forgot to pick me up at the air-port and the manager didn't offer any explanation or apology. The room was REALLY dirty! There was mud on the floor, an old t-shirt under the blanket and mold on the walls!! Also I was placed in another building far from the main house so I had to walk back and forth to get assistance, breakfast etc. I found the general staff to be nice and friendly but the manager was just plain rude and mostly interested in selling his guided tour.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
28th Mar 2017
2.0

Scam alert. My friend and I and another couple on a seperate booking both were put into different guest houses upon arrival (both old, run down and unclean) as they said they had over booked at Elbrus so we will need to stay at their brothers accomodation 5 min up the road despite our booking being confirmed and a deposit put down. We left after looking at 2 rooms and found accomodation elsewhere. Poor service and poor communication. Would not recommend them to anyone.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2017

The best hot shower and free breaky in Thamel hands down. The rooms are clean and big, the grounds are lovely and the staff are nice. Did I mention the free breaky and hot shower are amazing! There is a guard at the gate 24/7 which was a nice to have too. The wifi could be stronger and the hostel was a little out of Thamel but I'd walk further for a good shower :)

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
6.6

Pretty *** because I was really depending on a dorm to meet people but they gave me a single even though my booking was for a double. Then said they were fully Booked until I mentioned that I would go to another hostel without buying his Everest package. I mean they all do that here I guess, but still....

• judithward1973
  • England, Couple, 25-30
25th Mar 2017

The owner is great. Big breakfast served to us even at 5.30 am. Have tour agency to book trips if you dont feel like organising everything yourself