Superb 1,205 Total Reviews
Superb 1,205 Total Reviews
Elbrus Home Located at Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu 21892 Thamel, Kathmandu
91% 1205
27.7184849 85.3120672
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
1st Dec 2016
7.7

Nice but basic hostel/budget hotel. The owner are too enthusiastic and friendly. Breakfest is nice and I enjoy the courtyard.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
26th Nov 2016

Location 5 mins north of thamel but not exactly quiet. Hostel consists of 2 houses, I stayed the economic rooms in the 2nd building just across a side road. Both buildings have good wifi (for nepal standards), nice roof terraces, bath rooms are good and clean (for nepal standard) and there is a lovely little garden. Room was ok, nothing special. Big breakfast (2 eggs any style, coffe/tea, 2 toasts with jam/honey, banana porridge). The staff is rustical but nice and helpful. Not a hurray reviewer

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
25th Nov 2016

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough!! My friend and I have been traveling for a while and feel so lucky to have found this fantastic guesthouse in Kathmandu! Khem and his brother went over and beyond to make our stay enjoyable and they are such genuine, helpful and lovely people. We were collected at the airport (which I would highly recommend: fair price and excellent service), and even gave us a private room because they could tell we were tired. We have even booked more nights there

• Philippines, Male, 41+
24th Nov 2016

Location is good, a bit further from the madness of Thamel proper. Nice view of Kathmandu on the view deck. The room, bathroom/shower and general areas are clean. Staff is very helpful, particularly Kim (kudos!).

23rd Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Elbrus Home. It was perfect to have a private room to catch my breath and take a warm shower after a trek in the mountains. Very friendly and helpful staff!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
23rd Nov 2016

After a bad start (no hot water in my shower when I'd been hiking for 17 days - they fixed the problem) I ended up absolutely loving it here. Comfortable beds, decent wifi, a lovely garden area, nice and social, amazing breakfasts and super helpful staff. I stayed for 3 nights and was planning to come back after Pokhara but changed to something more central instead - the only downside to the place is that the street it's on feels a bit dodgy walking down at night as a solo female.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Nov 2016

The staff at Elbrus create an amazing atmosphere which makes it a great place to start and end your day. Basic but nice clean rooms and simple but generous breakfast. Staff are happy to help with anything from hailing a taxi to booking a trek. Would return!

15th Nov 2016

We had a great time here. Getting a ride to and from the airport was maybe the best $7 we spent the entire trip, as the streets were chaos. The hospitality is unmatched, the breakfast was great, and we had no troubles storing some gear there for the duration of our trek.

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Nov 2016

Second time we stayed here following our trek in the Annapurnas. Baggage safely retrieved and a good room with hot shower again. Good experience and would recommend.

12th Nov 2016
6.0

Had a good first stay there! I came back and was put in another building which was horrendous, I was staying in a staircase shed. Freezing cold. Definitely stay in the main building