Elbrus Home

9.0
Superb 1353 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
31st Jul 2017

I stayed at this hostel for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. Khem who owns the hostel was so welcoming from the minute I stepped inside the gates and he helped me arrange a two day safari which was absolutely amazing. Khem kept my luggage safe while on the safari and upgraded my room when I returned which was just what I needed after seven hours on the road. I wish I could stay longer but am at the end of my trip. The breakfast is good, rooms are clean and all the staff are wonderful!!!!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2017

Have spend almost 2 weeks at Elbrus. Khem and all the employees are amazing. Awesome included breakfast. Laundry services are good. They stored our extra stuff while we trekked. They also helped us get in touch with our trekking guide and got us bus tickets to pokhara. An absolute joy to be at Elbrus. Highly recommended.

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017

Unfortunately I was quite sick during my stay at Elbrus home but I don't think I could have been in a better place in Kathmandu in my condition. I was given a private room instead of the dorm I had booked for no extra charge, they offered to take me to the doctors, and generally went out of their way to help me in anyway they could. Plus the free breakfasts, and hot showers were great for keeping spirits up. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in kathmandu.

22nd Jul 2017

Great place, quiet and close to Thamel. Khem always made sure everything was going alright and was understanding when our bus was like 3 hours late.

• England, Male, 25-30
18th Jul 2017

Great little hostel! Has a peaceful garden which is a great getaway to relax away from the hustle and bustle of Thamel. What's more there is also a high rooftop chill spot with great views of surrounding Kathmandu. Staff are friendly & helpful at all times, great breakfast and surprisingly fast wifi. Only downside is the lack of dorms, which makes it less useful for meeting other travellers - but as I was leaving the owner was installing some which will top it off as a great hostel. Thanks!

• England, Male, 18-24
27th Jun 2017

Khem and his team at Elbrus Home were absolutely perfect during my stay in Kathmandu. They were always on hand to help with anything we needed and to organise trips and activities. Breakfast was great and the time was flexible. He made me feel completely at home and secure during both my stays at Elbrus. Definitely recommend for any one looking for a place with a great price and great location, right on the edge of Thamel, so close to the shops/restaurants but without the noise. 10/10.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
24th Jun 2017

Great place, I stayed 3 night and it was perfect :)

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

This hostel is a peaceful gem in the middle of a very busy city. The breakfast is nice, the rooms are clean and the location is good. The host was amazing and went above and beyond to make sure we had a good stay. We enjoyed our stay so much that we came back here after exploring other parts of Nepal! I would highly recommend coming here when staying in Kathmandu! :)

• USA, Male, 25-30
17th Jun 2017

A solid budget place to stay in Kathmandu. For the price you won't get AC, or a private fridge, but that's true of all hotels in Kathmandu at this price. Kim, the owner, is a great guy, as are all his staff. The hotel is very secure with a gated wall surrounding it. There is secure motorcycle parking for guests, and the included breakfast is a great added value to what is already a solid deal. I'd stay there again for sure.

• Spain, Female, 25-30