Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

good hostel, very close to Thamel and with a good design. Staff is good and friendly. Towels were a little bit dirty. Good place to stay at.

The staff was so nice and very accommodating with everything. Free bottled water on every floor. Many balconies to relax on. Good breakfast that's included. A short walk to the heart of Thamel. The only down fall is there are power outages throughout the city during the day. So the fans stops working in the morning until the evening. They have there own generator but that's just for simple power in the lobby, where u can charge electronics during the day if needed.

Friendly helpful staff. A really delightful garden. Away from the worst of the noise zone. Will be returning again for sure.

Well, its hard to review places like this because all depends what are you looking for when you travel to country like Nepal. In my case, all i can say is that i was looking for stay in elbros home for just one week, and i am already 3 weeks here. If you are looking for a normal hostel, maybe you might have some opinion to review here. I am in my house here. So, the only thing i can say is there is no better place to stay. All others reviews about everything are true! Welcome home, folks!

The hostel is located near Thamel but not noisy at all. The garden and the bacon is very beautiful. Room is very clean, with very good hot shower and toilette. Staff is very friendly. I did also a trekking with their guide into Everst base camp. Everything was very good organized, incl. flights, accommodation, stops, equipment, medicine etc. The guide is very experienced, helpful and thoughtful. I was took care of in a good hand. If I ever came back or did trekking again in Nepal, I will definit

• 18th Jul 2014
  • China

You Himalayan rock guys :)

location for this place is awesome and it is very clean. you're in downtown Jodhpur and just a brief walk from the fort and old market. I stayed here for a few nights and when I left I forgot my new cell phone. Staff held onto my phone until I returned from safari and even offered me a quick shower a bag storage while I had an afternoon layover before flying to Mumbai. Everyone was incredibly accommodating and I felt very safe at the hostel! Would stay here again

The staff is very friendly and cares a lot about how visitors experience their stay in Kathmandu. The rooms are very comfortably and clean. We came back to Elbrus home several times after our first visit. Together with the friendly staff and the environment & rooms, Elbrus Home indeed feels like being at home while actually being very far away!

Brilliant place! If you are looking for friendly and clean accommodation in Kathmandu then Elbrus Home is a must! It is located 3-5 minutes walk from Thamel Marg - in quiet neighborhood, but very close to area of the city where everything happens. Khem and the guys will go above and beyond duty to make your Nepal experience unforgettable (helping with sightseeing plans, organizing flights etc). Best regards from Serbia! See you next time! Sanja and Marjan

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

Clean, good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely seating areas, free breakfast and water a big plus!

I stayed at Elbrus twice and even booked a trekking tour with a friend of Khem (Owner). It was amazing altough I had different feelings to go on a solo trek with a male guide (Chhabi)..The hostel has a good location, 5min from Thamel. Easy access but not in the middle of the noise. Rooms are clean but I would recommend an attached bathroom as shared bathrooms have room for improvement. Staff is very friendly and helps with everything. Breakfast is really good. Would come back again.

As a solo woman traveller, I feel very safe staying in Elbrus Home. With friendly staff, beautiful garden, clean room and superb service, I just feel as safe as home.

Good location, around Thamel area, which is a good place for tourist (window) shopping. Staffs were very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean. We only had difficulties flushing the toilet. That might be a serious problem;)

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Elbrus Home is a great place to stay in Kathmandu. Very clean, friendly staff and a quick walk to the Centre of Thamel. The free breakfast was also really good!

Fantastic hostel located just north of Thamel, the main tourist hub of Kathmandu. This hostel takes care to provide many amenities not usually provided for free in Nepal, staff took great care of me and as a single female traveler I felt very comfortable. Loved the terraces available on each floor, great place to sit and listen to the hustle and bustle of the city, without actually being amidst the chaos.

• 18th May 2014

It was an amazing hostel. We have been back twice to stay there a total of 5 more nights. We ate mo mo with the staff and had an amazing rooftop to enjoy the view. We loved it.

• 14th May 2014

This is a really great place. The family that runs it are very nice and helpful. The breakfast that's included is perfect. I would definitely recommend it.

We were picked up from the airport which was excellent as we had been travelling for 15 hours. Enjoyed breakfast every morning, staff were very helpful. Excellent location, 5 min walk to the middle of Thamel. Constant power, which was better than most places we stayed in Kathmandu. Lost a few points for cleanliness, bedrooms were good, but shared bathroom weren't ideal... to be expected I guess.

We stayed there for two nights. Nice place and excellent breakfast! There is a nice garden where you cam have breakfast. The main area where restaurants are within a 5-7 minutes walk. Its good to have a flashlight at night because after the main area there is no light. Overall it was a good place to stay.

If you're a single traveler looking for a social scene, this isn't the place for you. Aside from the walk over to busier sections of Thamel the place is nicely situated. Elbrus helped organize some sight seeing for me. Friendly staff. My room was never cleaned during my three night stay though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3