Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Kem's the man!

Thank you so much, Khem! Without your arrangement, I can not visit this city so smoothly. Hope we will meet again soon.

I had a comfortable few nights here. The owner is v friendly and went out of his way to help us. The garden was a nice place for breakfast, being a bit of a novelty for Kathmandu. It's a little bit more expensive for Nepal but it's worth it overall. Def a good place to start and end the trip.

• 5th Sep 2014

We had a very long travel day and very stressful time getting through the airport. They hassled us and tried to make us change hostels. Finally made it to Elbrus Home and were greeted amazingly by Khem. It was like seeing family. Made us feel at home and brought us cold drinks. The room was clean with ensuite bathroom. We left for a week to trek and our stuff was fine in the locked up room. Upon return we were greeted like family. This hostel made our stay in Kathmandu perfect.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very nice place for stay in Kathmandu near downtown. Quiet location. Guy on reception was veeery extremly friendly. Tours, trekkings, bus and plain tickets...etc can book here also. Next time will stay here too.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Thank you so much for your hospitality! We greatly enjoyed our multiple stays here! I think this was our favourite hotel of the trip. It's very comfortable and reliable. The laundry, bag storage, access to wfii, and great breakfast ( and great service, and great masala tea) made everything so easy. Thank you for helping out when George fell ill. You hsould be very proud of owning and running this hotel!! Thanks again, Andie and George.

We had a lovely time at Elbrus. Khem was extremely welcoming and helpful with our traveling plans. There is also a lovely balcony and patio area to relax with friends. The hostel was very clean, and spacious, the people were extremely friendly and our breakfast was very filling. We could not have asked for more!! Khem even brought me a cup of lemon ginger honey tea when I was feeling unwell. He also connected us with Deepak Tripathi who took us on the best three day trek around Pokhara!

good hostel, very close to Thamel and with a good design. Staff is good and friendly. Towels were a little bit dirty. Good place to stay at.

The staff was so nice and very accommodating with everything. Free bottled water on every floor. Many balconies to relax on. Good breakfast that's included. A short walk to the heart of Thamel. The only down fall is there are power outages throughout the city during the day. So the fans stops working in the morning until the evening. They have there own generator but that's just for simple power in the lobby, where u can charge electronics during the day if needed.

It the best placr where to stay in kathmandu; just 2min from Themel. Khem is one of the best hoster, always there to give you advices about the city, the valley and everything around. After this stay we came back to Elbrus home at the end of our trip to nepal. Just fantastic!

My stay in Elbrus was wonderful.The staff and Khem(the owner) is super helpful about anything you need.I met wonderful people who all made my journey wonderful in Nepal. At the end we have been like a family. I stayed 8-9 days first and then traveled to Pokhara with friends I met in Elbrus home and then came back to stay there 4 days again. And when I came back to Elbrus it felt like really home! I suggest,as solo woman traveler, Elbrus Home to everyone who is thinking to travel to Kathmandu.

Elbrus provided a great hospitality from the very first day I arrived in Kathmandu. The hostel is near the Thamel square, 10 minutes by walk. The facilities are great. Wifi, water, free mineral water on each floor. Making your daily life so much easier. One of most competitive advantage that Elbrus has than any other hostels is the owner, Khem. He was very helpful in anything. He gave a clear direction to each tourism sites around Kathmandu, Pokhara, etc. He served the breakfast to everybody.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Friendly helpful staff. A really delightful garden. Away from the worst of the noise zone. Will be returning again for sure.

FANTASTIC hostel. I can't say enough great things about this place, from the free water bottles to the amazing breakfast each morning where you meet fellow travellers I was really impressed. I also ordered an airport pick-up but missed my flight and arrived 2 hours later, they read my email and stayed all that time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer people to run the hostel and help me when needed. They even walked us to the bus transfer on our leaving day so we found it easily.100% Recommended!

Well, its hard to review places like this because all depends what are you looking for when you travel to country like Nepal. In my case, all i can say is that i was looking for stay in elbros home for just one week, and i am already 3 weeks here. If you are looking for a normal hostel, maybe you might have some opinion to review here. I am in my house here. So, the only thing i can say is there is no better place to stay. All others reviews about everything are true! Welcome home, folks!

The hostel is located near Thamel but not noisy at all. The garden and the bacon is very beautiful. Room is very clean, with very good hot shower and toilette. Staff is very friendly. I did also a trekking with their guide into Everst base camp. Everything was very good organized, incl. flights, accommodation, stops, equipment, medicine etc. The guide is very experienced, helpful and thoughtful. I was took care of in a good hand. If I ever came back or did trekking again in Nepal, I will definit

• 18th Jul 2014
  • China

You Himalayan rock guys :)

location for this place is awesome and it is very clean. you're in downtown Jodhpur and just a brief walk from the fort and old market. I stayed here for a few nights and when I left I forgot my new cell phone. Staff held onto my phone until I returned from safari and even offered me a quick shower a bag storage while I had an afternoon layover before flying to Mumbai. Everyone was incredibly accommodating and I felt very safe at the hostel! Would stay here again

The staff is very friendly and cares a lot about how visitors experience their stay in Kathmandu. The rooms are very comfortably and clean. We came back to Elbrus home several times after our first visit. Together with the friendly staff and the environment & rooms, Elbrus Home indeed feels like being at home while actually being very far away!

Brilliant place! If you are looking for friendly and clean accommodation in Kathmandu then Elbrus Home is a must! It is located 3-5 minutes walk from Thamel Marg - in quiet neighborhood, but very close to area of the city where everything happens. Khem and the guys will go above and beyond duty to make your Nepal experience unforgettable (helping with sightseeing plans, organizing flights etc). Best regards from Serbia! See you next time! Sanja and Marjan

• 30th Jun 2014