Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

I thought hostel would be located in Thamel. It's not unfortunately. 5 mins by foot. And toilet/ shower was pretty basic. Apart from that nice stay.

Room was clean, staff were really helpful and breakfast was great.

Stayed here for a couple of nights when we first got to Kathmandu, liked it so much we came back a couple of times and would recommend it to anyone. The staff were really nice people always happy to help with anything. The breakfast is really good. All in all a nice, safe place to stay. Many thanks Tamara and Ian UK

This place was great, it was literally a block and a half from Thamel but you didn't the loudness at night. Khem was amazing and as soon as I arrived he helped me set up everything I wanted to do and gave me good advice about where to go and what to see. I will absolutely stay here next time in In Kathmandu, I would recommend it to anyone whether traveling alone or with people.

We felt very comfortable there. They were nice with us and friendly. It's was the best hostel breakfast we ever had. They had hot water, but takes a long time to get warm. The bed is comfortable, we just suggest to put linen before the blanked. ..

The place is nice. The only negative comment I have is that the hot water doesn't last long enough.

It's close to Thamel and the owner is a nice person, but sometimes there is lack of hot water or just water on the shower.

Great airport pick up service for those arriving at night. Excellent free breakfast service (portions are massive compared to orher breakfasts).Speedy wifi and hot showers, a very welcoming place to stay!

• 6th Jan 2014

Perfect stay for my friend and I in this hostel! 3 weeks almost and it was great all the time. Personnel are friendly and professionals, and room are big and light full! Free breakfast every morning, and good location!! Enjoy Nepal at Elbrus Home, Thkxx ;)

• 4th Jan 2014

Helpful friendly staff, good internet, hot showers and a big breakfast. All round a great place to stay!

Good atmosphere, Great breakfast, Great care for the client and can get more information. The store and restaurant are near the hostel.

Just like home. Run by good people. Good hot water shower. Good wifi in every floor. Good value for money. Good place to stay. I enjoy very much.

Super nice and helpful owner. Location is ok, you can easily walk to Thamel Restaurants. Hot Shower and comfy beds and breKfast is included. As a solo wogen traveler felt Safe.

Breakfast was great and good location but a bit quiet and not very social. The staff are helpful and can organise day trips etc.

I stayed there for a night. the owner was very nice and helped me with bus tickets and organizing stuff to Pokhara which was very nice. the room i stayed at was freshly painted so the smell was very strong. i asked him to give me another room after and he kind of brushed it off. breakfast was good, overall was nice in crazy Kathmandu.

• 26th Nov 2013

Probably the best place to stay in Kathmandu. The greatest asset of the property - besides the free Wifi, breakfast, reading room, etc. - is the manager/owner Kim. Its a really funny lad, and a great pleasure to meet every day in the morning. Helpful and always in for a laugh. Staying here really contributed to my travel experience in Nepal! This hostel is highly recommended.

I stayed at Elbrus Home a number of times while in Nepal and every stay was great. The staff are super friendly and helpful, Khem arranged a fantastic guide for my Everest Base Camp trek, sorted out my other internal flight bookings, helped me find my way around the city, and always has a nice room, smile and hot drink to welcome me when I arrive back! The sunny courtyard is a great place to meet other travellers. I highly recommend staying here.

We stayed here at both the beginning and the end of our trip. Great location 1 minute from the Thamel so really close but out of the madness. Staff were awesome. We had free baggage storage here for 2 weeks whilst trekking and the free included breakfast was massive. Hot showers and comfy beds. Would stay again!

• 23rd Nov 2013

I arrived at Elbrus home at 11:30pm with a booking for two nights. I had to knock on the door along with my airport pick up guides (guides for a trek I was doing) and call the reception for around five minutes before anyone answered. Finally I was 'greeted' by a drunk owner/worker who told me they didn't have room for me and we were rude for waking him up. There were some arguments in Nepalese and then I left because I felt too uncomfortable. I went to another nice hostel with lovely people!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Being a hostel it cant get the highest points compared to hotel. Location is slightly out of Thamel, about 200m. That was good though. Thamel is very tight and very touristy and it is nice to rest away from it. Here is a village-feel more. The garden is nice. We stayed in the house beside the mainhouse. It has been newly added. Some carpenters had their go at it our first two days. We had a big sunny veranda almost to ourselves. Only two rooms there. At night it is very quiet.

• 21st Nov 2013