Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Thank you very much for this great stay at Elbruz home, we stayed one week and really enjoyed the warm welcome of the staff, all the good advices, the great breakfasts and the afternoon teas, as well as the cosy room.

• 9th Nov 2014

Great price, nice garden, good free breakfast, drinking water provided, private room was nice, hot water. Pretty much all you could ask for. It is about a 10 minute walk to Thamel, which is nice in some ways and a bit annoying in others (dinner options are a good 15-20 minute walk through crazy streets). Overall real enjoyable stay, I recommend it.

great place to stay as a base to go onto other parts of Nepal, 5 main walk from Thamel. very friendly owner always willing to help

Excellent location and staff extremely helpful. Breakfast was beyond expectations.

• 4th Nov 2014

Disappointing owner... The stay was ok and the owner friendly. But his face changed and he became quite unfriendly when we departed and were not willing to pay 70 US$ to get to Pokhara by his own taxi (the bus costs about 8 US$!)... In addition, I realized that he "organized" his own taxi to bring us to the stupa charging us more that double the normal price! That's not the way one treats its clients... (btw: the only time I felt screwed in Nepal).

This was my first stop in Nepal and I got moved to another hotel up the street and had to move back to stay an extra night. The free breakfast and water refills are an awesome touch. I did feel pressured to use their agency for booking a trek and unwelcome when I didn't (based on a friends recommendation elsewhere). Rooms balconies and courtyard are all lovely but I'll probably stay somewhere else when I get back to Kathmandu.

We had an excellent time at Elbrus home! The location is awesome because you're not in the middle of the tourist area Thamel, but just outside (easy walking distance). The host is very engaging and helped us rearranging our trip (changing our flight booking so we could catch a bus to Besi Sahar). He also helped with getting tickets for the bus, which was super helpful. We left our bags at the hostel during our 2 week trek and found everything back in place when we returned. This place rocks!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Stayed here on two occasions either side of doing Annapurna circuit. Didnt book our mountain guide through the hotel (had booked one before arriving) but would recommend to if you are looking for one as Khem is in touch with guides and porters that have lots of experience. On both stays the rooms were brilliant with good facilities - WiFi. Power in room, towels and overall very clean. The free breakfast is makes it worth staying here in itself! Nice balcony's to read a book and watch kathmandu!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel! Incredible staff, spacious rooms, lovely courtyard and balconies and great breakfast. Couldn't ask for a better first hostel experience in Nepal. If you need any trekking plan, definitely ask Khem!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Elbrus Home is a great place to stop on your way in and out of Kathmandu. Nice garden and good value breakfast. Staff is really helpful and there is all the free coffee and tea you can drink.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

The owner is very cool, gives you advice how to spend your time better, and takes care for everything. There is really good breakfast served in the morning. The location is good just at the edge of Thamel. There is drinking water on each floor. Good terraces.

Our second stay here, this time we got a room in the other building, across the road, which was nice as well! Thanks again and namaste!

fantastic place to come and stay. Very refreshing and relaxing after staying in more hectic places. Great place to re-energise before or after trekking. Khem is super friendly and very helpful. More than happy to pay the $10 a night fee. Plus breakfast is amazing. As my favourite meal of the day they had high expectations to live up to but did a great job of it :)

Khem, the owner, really makes you feel at home. He let us keep some things for free at the luggage storage while we were on our trekking and also lent us some trekking poles free of charge. The free breakfast is great and the free drinking water is also a nice thing. Wifi is a bit slow and the facilities aren't the best in the world but for Nepal standards this is a great place to stay.

Very good!!!! Excellent staff!!!!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

We stayed here for a total of 20 days while in Nepal and enjoyed it very much. Loved the free large breakfast and free drinking water! Only a five minute walk to Thamel. The staff is friendly and always asked if we needed anything. They also helped arrange our private car ride to the start of our trek. The rooms are spacious and the garden is pleasant. Hot showers! Quick laundry service! Depending on where your room is, it could be noisy with the road traffic outside of it.

• 17th Oct 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in Standard double room and it was a very pleasant experience in Kathmandu. 3 min walking from main Thamel tourist market, but located in a quiet road. Staff is very friendly, and environment very relaxing. I definitely recommend it for the price, laundry service is good. Only slow wireless in rooms near rooftop, connection very unstable everytime.

I stayed at Helbrus Home for 5 days before my trek. Staff was always very helpful and really friendly! Location is good, 5 minutes from Thamel and good breakfast. I let my luggages there during my trek and had no problem to find them back 2 weeks after. I totally recommend this hotel!

We stayed for 6 nights at the Elbrus Home. Our flight was cancelled so we were 2 days later than our reservation. This was no problem though, they are very flexible. The staff is very friendly and makes you feel at home. They are also very helpful and give suggestions about sightseeing. We stayed in the main building which was very clean and nice. It looks cozy and the rooms were big with a balcony. The shared bathroom is also clean. Breakfast is very fast, tasty and there is a lot of choice.

Our home before and after our trekking. Khem and Ale and the rest of the staff are very friendly and very nice! We enjoyed the peaceful garden and terraces in both houses. Good breakfast, hot showers and laundry service. Good location to explore Kathmandu and very close to bus stations (Pokhara and Syabru Besi) Thanks again for a pleasant stay, namaste!