Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

location for this place is awesome and it is very clean. you're in downtown Jodhpur and just a brief walk from the fort and old market. I stayed here for a few nights and when I left I forgot my new cell phone. Staff held onto my phone until I returned from safari and even offered me a quick shower a bag storage while I had an afternoon layover before flying to Mumbai. Everyone was incredibly accommodating and I felt very safe at the hostel! Would stay here again

The staff is very friendly and cares a lot about how visitors experience their stay in Kathmandu. The rooms are very comfortably and clean. We came back to Elbrus home several times after our first visit. Together with the friendly staff and the environment & rooms, Elbrus Home indeed feels like being at home while actually being very far away!

Brilliant place! If you are looking for friendly and clean accommodation in Kathmandu then Elbrus Home is a must! It is located 3-5 minutes walk from Thamel Marg - in quiet neighborhood, but very close to area of the city where everything happens. Khem and the guys will go above and beyond duty to make your Nepal experience unforgettable (helping with sightseeing plans, organizing flights etc). Best regards from Serbia! See you next time! Sanja and Marjan

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

Clean, good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely seating areas, free breakfast and water a big plus!

I stayed at Elbrus twice and even booked a trekking tour with a friend of Khem (Owner). It was amazing altough I had different feelings to go on a solo trek with a male guide (Chhabi)..The hostel has a good location, 5min from Thamel. Easy access but not in the middle of the noise. Rooms are clean but I would recommend an attached bathroom as shared bathrooms have room for improvement. Staff is very friendly and helps with everything. Breakfast is really good. Would come back again.

As a solo woman traveller, I feel very safe staying in Elbrus Home. With friendly staff, beautiful garden, clean room and superb service, I just feel as safe as home.

Good location, around Thamel area, which is a good place for tourist (window) shopping. Staffs were very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean. We only had difficulties flushing the toilet. That might be a serious problem;)

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Elbrus Home is a great place to stay in Kathmandu. Very clean, friendly staff and a quick walk to the Centre of Thamel. The free breakfast was also really good!

Fantastic hostel located just north of Thamel, the main tourist hub of Kathmandu. This hostel takes care to provide many amenities not usually provided for free in Nepal, staff took great care of me and as a single female traveler I felt very comfortable. Loved the terraces available on each floor, great place to sit and listen to the hustle and bustle of the city, without actually being amidst the chaos.

• 18th May 2014

It was an amazing hostel. We have been back twice to stay there a total of 5 more nights. We ate mo mo with the staff and had an amazing rooftop to enjoy the view. We loved it.

• 14th May 2014

This is a really great place. The family that runs it are very nice and helpful. The breakfast that's included is perfect. I would definitely recommend it.

We were picked up from the airport which was excellent as we had been travelling for 15 hours. Enjoyed breakfast every morning, staff were very helpful. Excellent location, 5 min walk to the middle of Thamel. Constant power, which was better than most places we stayed in Kathmandu. Lost a few points for cleanliness, bedrooms were good, but shared bathroom weren't ideal... to be expected I guess.

We stayed there for two nights. Nice place and excellent breakfast! There is a nice garden where you cam have breakfast. The main area where restaurants are within a 5-7 minutes walk. Its good to have a flashlight at night because after the main area there is no light. Overall it was a good place to stay.

If you're a single traveler looking for a social scene, this isn't the place for you. Aside from the walk over to busier sections of Thamel the place is nicely situated. Elbrus helped organize some sight seeing for me. Friendly staff. My room was never cleaned during my three night stay though.

Had a great stay at Elbrus Home! Nice and clean guesthouse, good breakfast included. Comfy beds. Wifi reception throughout the property. Some of the rooms have private balconies which are great. We ended up staying here twice. There's a nice garden and roof top to relax in and read or sunbake as well. Would recommend it if you're looking for a nice relaxed guesthouse in Kathmandu!

Got lost trying to find the hostel the first time but afterwards it was smooth sailing. the staff are very friendly and Khem was awesome fixing our flights elsewhere Nepal and has all the info you need to go around the city. Overall, good stay, good breakfast, clean rooms and great value for your money. will definitely be staying here when i fly back to Nepal.

• 1st May 2014
  • Philippines

Great place, excellent staff, delicious breakfast and great location - only a 10 minute walk from the centre of Thamel. Will stay here again when I come back to Nepal.

Good value for money, rooms are decent, and comes with a rather filling complimentary breakfast. Free potable water for penny pinchers, and good wifi connection all over the building are 2 bonuses. Only complaint would be that there is only 1 power point in each room, so if you have more than 1 in your group, you'd have to share. Constant power stoppages in the city does not help either.

Elbrus Home is a great accomodation for Kathmandu! It is in a really good location, just a quick walk to Thamel, but not in middle of the hustle and bustle. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. They provide a big, delicious breakfast that is included with the room, and they are always offering free teas throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and clean, and there is a really nice garden area and roof top terraces. I would highly recommend this accomadation.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great little place. Lovely little seating areas to relax. Breakfast was really nice with lots of choice. They picked me up from the airport, and dropped me back too. They also arranged a mountain flight to Everest for me, which was amazing. There are lots of power cuts in Kathmandu, they have a generator so when the power if off you still have a light that works in your room (and the wifi!) :)