Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Elbrus Home is a must for any traveller in KTM, just 5m from the heart of busy Thamel, this peaceful and beautiful hostel is in perfect location. The staff Khem and Ali make you feel very welcome. The rooms are clean, private, very comfortable beds and 24/7 hot water. Free breakfast in the lovely garden is delicious - porridge, eggs, toast, coffee,tea, juice - yum. The rooftop terrace will win your heart - gorgeous, sunny views of the surrounding hills and colourful town. Definitely coming back!

Our hosts were very gracias. They stayed up late to let us in from late events. They also welcomed us to participate in the Tihar celebration. They were very knowledgeable about the area to help us find ways to explore Kathmandu and other areas of Nepal.

• 1st Nov 2015

Very very friendly, made to feel welcome from the moment i arrived. Huge free breakfast every morning. Hot water all the time. Fantastic place to stay and a great place to meet other travellers. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• 31st Oct 2015

Staff here are fantastic and always go out of their way to help. We've used this as our base camp for travelling around Nepal and we keep coming back. The breakfast is amazing every time.

The Elbrus Home is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in--Khem, the owner, is incredibly friendly and helpful and goes way out of his way to make his guests feel at home. He continually checked in with me to see how I was doing. Super soft bed, clean bathrooms, good wifi, breakfast is AMAZING: toast, eggs, tea, juice, AND porridge...I'd usually only need one other meal that day which saved on costs. Khem also sent his brother and a taxi to pick me up from the airport which was awesome!

Second time staying here. Khem and his staff are exceptional. They walked us to the tourist bus stop at 6:30am! The breakfast is amazing and I know they're going considerably out of their way to keep it up during the fuel crisis. Khem is kindly keeping our luggage during multiple legs of our journey around Nepal. The only negative thing I could say is the wifi isn't fantastic and the bathroom was a bit leaky. Other than that, great place and we'll be staying a third and most likely 4th time.

We had a great time The staff were very friendly and helpful and went beyond expectations to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The garden area was an oasis in the hustle and bustle that is Kathmandu! Elbrus Home is just a short stroll away from the shops and restaurants of Thamel. Breakfast is served in the garden every day and you can choose tea, juice, eggs in various styles, toast, porridge, fruit etc. You will also appreciate the hot showers and "European" toilets here :)

• 21st Oct 2015

Elbrus Home is amazing! It a picturesque oasis in the bustling Thamel district, complete with a relaxing garden area and clean rooms. Khem, the owner is extremely helpful organizing any of your travel desires while in Nepal. From giving us directions to nearby attractions, setting up our trekking trip in the Everest region, to assisting us with booking flights, Khem made our trip easy and enjoyable. Elbrus home is a wonderful place to stay!

• 16th Oct 2015

Khem and all the staff are really friendly, helpful and easy going! The breakfast is fantastic. We decided to double the length of our stay. Khem also offered to store our luggage while we go trekking as well as while we travel around Nepal. Only negative is the wifi isn't too good.

Khem was an excellent host, welcoming and fulfilling all requests for taxis, travel tickets etc The room was comfortable, hot showers and electricity. Several floors have patio areas with tables and chairs to enjoy the outdoors, including a beautiful courtyard. Breakfast was excellent and consisted of juice, coffee, porridge with banana, eggs prepared as you like and toast with butter and jam, no going hungry here! Thanks for a great stay, we loved it! The Gonzalez Family

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Everything about this place is amazing, they made me feel right at home. Breakfast is substantial, felt very safe and close to Thamel without the noise. Cannot recommend enough, I'll be back!

Great place to stay! The staff are all extremely helpful and pleasant. The service couldnt be better! Very good breakfast too.

Nice place to stay, just 2 minutes walking from Thamel. Good breakfast in the very nice garden every morning. I would definitely come here again!

This place is brilliant for those starting their travels in Nepal. Excellently located, with direct links into Thamel, and brilliant staff who can help you plan the rest of your time in Nepal! Would recommend to everyone.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Very nice place north of thamel. Great facilities; free water fill(cold&hot), tour/bus booking facilities, books, nice garden etc. The free breakfast is great and it's more than enough to start your day in the right way! There is always someone near the entrance of the property to guard, which feels safe. We would recommend this one if your planning to come to Kathmandu!

Great place and very helpfull and happy staff

• 22nd Sep 2015

Elbrus Home was a wonderful place to stay in Kathmandu. Although there are so many hostels and hotels in this great city, Elbrus Home provided an excellent value for the money as well as a hospitable and welcoming place to stay. Not only was it clean and cool, but it was also a fantastic place to meet people and experience the beauty of Nepal and its citizens. If you're looking for a hostel, check out this place. You won't regret it.

• 22nd Sep 2015

This place is perfect! Khem the owner is so nice, he did everything he could to help me during the trip. I was surprised with the marvelous breakfast, very nice bedroom and hot shower.

• 21st Sep 2015

Elbrus is very convenient, comfortable, and clean. Good breakfast in oasis garden & Khem is a great host/manager – delighting in helping out with a whatever questions or support we needed. Excellent value and ideal place to stay. Had originally booked for three nights but extended this to a week - and stayed multiple times as used Kathmandu as hub for visiting other countries including Tibet and Bhutan. Will definitely visit Elbrus when next in Nepal.

Khem did his best to make my stay great. Nice hot showers. Free breakfast was enough to keep me satisfied for four or five hours which, is a long time for me. Anytime I wanted tea or coffee I could ask and they would get me some. Their is a beautiful garden to sit in and eat. This is not the touristy part of thamel, it is about a one minute walk from the north end. The streets can get loud in the morning and and late at night. Toilets don't always flush everything. No air conditioner.

• 19th Sep 2015