Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Good hostel. Pretty standard accommodations for Nepal. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to move us to a warmer, quieter room with a private bath (even though we payed for a shared) since it was available that night.

Enjoyed my time at Elbrus Home. Very friendly staff, helped with the details of organising an independent trek to Everest Base Camp. Would recommend to anyone passing through Kathmandu.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Elbrus home is so welcoming! Great place to meet other travellers. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This was my second stay at Elbrus home, definitely recommend it!

Elbrus home is definitely among the best hostels I've stayed at. The rooms themselves are very clean and the beds are much more comfortable than most hotels. The breakfast is absolutely top notch and is something to look forward to every morning. However the best part about your stay at Elbrus would have to be the service. Both staff and owner Khem are extremely nice and genuinely care about you and how your stay is. My great experiences of kathmandu was due to a large part to my stay at Elbrus

• 8th Dec 2014

The staff was always extremely helpful! Booked our trek for a good deal with no hassle and the included breakfast is delicious! Will stay here whenever in Kathmandu!

• 6th Dec 2014

Very warm and comfortable stay in Kathmandu staff very friendly and helpful - great place to stay with lovely garden hot shower and comfortable beds

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Wales

Khem was always on hand and both friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was a very good idea and a good deal. The hostel is conveniently located just on the edge of Thamel, so you get the access to the tourist hub without staying directly in it. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the outside area was a welcome respite on days when you just feeling like hanging out instead of sightseeing. Only infrequently did the hot water not work -- and they were quick to fix it. Overall: good.

Very lovely guesthouse. Just a 5 min walk north of Thamel however this means that at night it is quiet from traffic and commotion. Nearly every room leads on to a terrace which is great and the garden provides a lovely little sanctuary. The owners are very helpful and kind and they will arrange any transport you need and I was even walked to the bus stop 10 mins away to make sure I found it okay. Free tea, coffees and water are little touches that make this place great value. Recommend.

• 1st Dec 2014

really well set up hostel, service was excellent aswell

The location is ideal as it is just outside of Thamel, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the airport pickup is nice if you are arriving in Nepal for your first time. The garden area and free breakfast are also a plus. On the downside, the single room I stayed in was extremely small and dark with no windows looking outside. The bathroom was also a bit grimey and could use some updating.

Elbrus home is a comfortable place to stay, just a short walk away from the hustle and bustle of Thamel. The beds are soo comfy after trekking that we went straight back when we arrived in Kathmandu a second time. Khem is really helpful too and can arrange booking of tours and buses etc if needed. Breakfasts are excellent, internet is pretty iffy sadly though.

Elbrus Home was a great stay! Breakfast was beautiful, hot showers and free mineral water. However, DO NOT book your trek through the hostel. From the time we set foot into the hostel we knew it was all about who could make the most commission out of us. The guide we had on the trek was horrendous! Go into town to book or find a reputable company that provides a much better service than what the hostel uses, Heian Trek.

• 21st Nov 2014

This was our very first hostel ever and also first time in thamal. It's a bit out of the way of the main road and if you don't realize how to get there you might hate thamal like we did. we stopped in thamal 3 times during our stay in Nepal and elbrus house was by far the best. elbrus was cozy and very inviting. awesome balconies to sit and have tea. great free breakfast! I would highly recommend just make sure you know how to get to the better area of thamal.

very helpful staff, easy access to Thamel, great free breakfast, nice balcony with views of the city. highly recommend!

• 21st Nov 2014

Very welcoming and helpful staff, we returned after 2 weeks and they were happy to provide a room. The included breakfast is top notch, blows most other options out of the water. They can also hold onto your bags before you depart on a trek and will organise airport pickup for a reasonable fee.

• 21st Nov 2014

Amazing place to stay while in Kathmandu!! Spacious clean rooms, hot showers! Large lobby to hang in and a beautiful garden area to sit in and have your breakfast! Very good breakfast to by the way. Really great location as well! Khem the owner is awesome and took very good care of us while staying here. Highly recommend staying at Elbrus Home during your stay in Kathmandu!

Our stay at Elbrus was enjoyable, the facilities and location and great and the staff made the whole experience excellent.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really feels like home! Great location, very quiet as it is located just off the busy streets of Thamel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It is also nice that breakfast is included.

• 18th Nov 2014

I loved staying at Elbrus! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful- just what I needed for my introduction to Nepal! My room was very clean and tidy and had the comfiest bed I've ever stayed in at a hostel :) Can not fault the location- 5 mins from the hustle and bustle of thamel, but the garden and sunny rooftops are the perfect place to escape it all and just read a book or watch the world go by :) Breakkie in the morning is really yummy andsuper filling- thanks for a brilliant stay :)

The bed and blankets were the best I slept in. The shower is hot as hell and the breakfast is amazing. I only think the man behind the reception desk was really weird :') And this hostel is not in the centre of Thamel, it is a 5-10 minute walk.