Elbrus Home Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Nice and friendly place to stay in Kathmandu. However, it is STRONGLY recommended to book via a reliable booking site like hostelworld.com. We booked our 2nd stay directly via e-Mail. The owner confirmed us the booking via e-Mail but when we arrived said it was full and we had to stay one night at another place in the neighborhood (and paying a little more there). We were disappointed about this, especially because of paying more for the mistake of the owner...

helpful staff, free drinking water, nice rooms

Very nice hostel, I felt like at home during my stay there. The staff people are always there to help you with everything you need...Next time I will be in Kathmandu I will stay again in Elbrus home....

Stayed with a group a few weeks ago. The rooms were decent, but the shared bathrooms were not very clean at all. The owner was fantastic and extremely helpful - went out of his way to even provide a free breakfast to us at 5 AM. The location was only maybe about 15 - 20 from the airport. Internet worked well for the most part. Booked this hostel based on all the great reviews, but definitely could have gotten a much cleaner hostel elsewhere for less money.

Had a great stay here. We made it our homebase in Kathmandu from where we made several trips. Came back with good feelings every time. The included breakfast was good and the atmosphere was nice, a bit away from the crowds of Thamel but close enough to get you there if you want!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Elbrus home is a great place to stay. The staff are very accommodating and the breakfast is very enjoyable. Location is great, the rooms and bathrooms are very clean & there is always hot water which is hard to come by in Nepal! I was able to store my stuff securely when going trekking and on other trips in the knowledge it was there for me upon my return. I would suggest anyone who is staying in Thamel, especially for a long period of time to stay here!

• 2nd Oct 2014

I wish I could give 'outstanding' for service. This place is wonderful. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the garden area is a little piece of tranquillity away from the busy beeps of Kathmandu. Khem, the owner, really does make your stay in Kathmandu. He's informative, kind and definitely the friendliest and most social man in Nepal. After returning from the trek, he even insisted we ate breakfast, even though we'd not stayed there that night! A true gem!!! STAY HERE!!!

The breakfast was really excellent and the staff quite helpful. The location was not too bad and the roof terrace, balconies and front yard were definitely appreciated.

This is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff is beyond helpful, rooms r great, food is great and breakfast is FREE and the price is unbeatable

Had an amazing stay at Elbrus, it's impossible not to. The staff is great, so helpful. One of us got really sick the same day we arrived to Kathmandu and Khem went out of his way to help us out with meds and noodlesoup. Free breakkie, free purefied water. We left our bags during our trekk here for free in a locked room. I'd recommend it to everyone. thanks again guys, the stay was a bliss!

The hostel and especially the staff was very nice!! We really enjoyed staying in this hostel and there was a solution for every problem we had while our stay here! Khem (hostel owner) told us about hiking opportunities and finally we decided to go to Upper Mustang. The trip (Heian Tours) was fantastic, well organized and our guide Bhim Bahadur Sunuwar was really the best guide we could have!! We can really recommend the hostel for the start and end of every Nepal journey :)

What a fantastic hostel! From the moment we arrived we were given 5 star service. Staff where willing to assist in what ever we required. The hostel is clean, rooms spacious, food delicious and location is perfect! Definitely will return when I visit Nepal again.

We stayed at Elbrus home for 4 nights. The staff we very friendly

• 20th Sep 2014

Kem's the man!

Thank you so much, Khem! Without your arrangement, I can not visit this city so smoothly. Hope we will meet again soon.

I had a comfortable few nights here. The owner is v friendly and went out of his way to help us. The garden was a nice place for breakfast, being a bit of a novelty for Kathmandu. It's a little bit more expensive for Nepal but it's worth it overall. Def a good place to start and end the trip.

• 5th Sep 2014

It was just perfect staying at Elbrus. There is nothing to complain about, every little detail was covered. The hotel is nice and clean, the atmosphere is pretty friendly, good breakfast and the whole staff members always try to do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thanks a lot guys!!!

We had a very long travel day and very stressful time getting through the airport. They hassled us and tried to make us change hostels. Finally made it to Elbrus Home and were greeted amazingly by Khem. It was like seeing family. Made us feel at home and brought us cold drinks. The room was clean with ensuite bathroom. We left for a week to trek and our stuff was fine in the locked up room. Upon return we were greeted like family. This hostel made our stay in Kathmandu perfect.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very nice place for stay in Kathmandu near downtown. Quiet location. Guy on reception was veeery extremly friendly. Tours, trekkings, bus and plain tickets...etc can book here also. Next time will stay here too.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Thank you so much for your hospitality! We greatly enjoyed our multiple stays here! I think this was our favourite hotel of the trip. It's very comfortable and reliable. The laundry, bag storage, access to wfii, and great breakfast ( and great service, and great masala tea) made everything so easy. Thank you for helping out when George fell ill. You hsould be very proud of owning and running this hotel!! Thanks again, Andie and George.