Elephant on the Moon Eco Hostel Reviews

Biale Wzgorze 8, Krakow, Poland

Aga was the most wonderful hostel host ever, full of information and energy, she helped as build our itinerary on the day of arrival to ensure we got the most out of our visit to Krakow. The hostel was clean and Aga was always on hand if we ever needed anything. The only problem I had with the hostel was the mattress, way to thin and so soft that I felt I was sleeping directly on the wooden bed base.

• 8th Aug 2014

Very nice and friendly place to stay. However, for being an 'eco' hostel I was quite sad to see almost no reusable dishware/cutlery. Instead there was only plastic disposible bowls, cups, plates and utensils. It was quite frustrating. Also for being a hostel it lacked having enough dishes and pans for cooking. Very friendly however.

I had a very nice stay at the Elephant on the moon hostel. The room was tidy and the location itself is a bit outside of the centre and yet it was easy to get there with a 15min tram ride or a 30min walk. Every morning I got provided with useful informations for my plans for the day and which public transport I needed to take to get there. I can highly reccomand that place and will book again if I get the chance to visit Cracow again.

I would definitely recommend staying here. The owner is knowledgeable, helpful and welcoming. Not only does she have an incredible depth of knowledge about her city, she really loves it and want to share it with her guests. From the moment I arrived I felt welcome and comfortable. The place was spotlessly clean. Definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in. One thing: the mattresses aren't the best, but all of the other positives more than make up for that.

It felt just like home, wich is nice after travelling for 7 weeks. Aga (the owner) is very helpfull and the best tourist guide in Krakow. She even helped me plan the rest of my trip in Poland. I definitely recommand this hostel.

Excellent stay!

The lady running the hostel is absolutely friendly and welcoming. She does everything she can to provide her guests with a chance to eat Polish cuisine, take tours, and get some insider knowledge on Krakow. By far the nicest hostel staff ever. The hostel itself is very clean and the rooms are uniquely themed. Great showers, probably the best I've ever had at a hostel. The only downside is that it's further outside of Krakow. It's about a 45 minute walk to the market square.

Aga is the best! House is a bit far from town the the homey atmosphere was definitely worth the stay

• 22nd May 2014

Aga, thanks for having me there and being so nice. One might enjoy the quiet location but yes you can't be very lazy. It's a house in a nice neighbourhood quite a long walk from the city center (you'll want to use the tram). I wish the window curtains were a bit darker. Good internet in the common area. During my stay there wasn't other solo travelers like me. So based on my short experience I wouldn't say it's a place to socialize with other guests very much.

oh wow what an amazing host!!! so friendly kind generous, helpful in all ways. She really wants to make your stay as easy and stressless as possible. So so clean and quiet ideal for a greats night sleep after having spent the day walking around. definately in my top 3 hostels, I really appreciated the way she managed to organise for me a day touring the salt mines and Auschwitz.

This is a comfortable and quite hostel 30 minutes walk along the river to the city center. The management is very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. If walking is not for you, three different tram lines take only a few minutes to reach the Old Square and there is a bus stop to the airport nearby with only a 25 minute transfer. Staying here allowed me to see Krakow from different angles and offered me the opportunity of an excursion into the woods around the city with some amazing views.

• 5th May 2014

Aga is the greatest host of them all. She s helped me a lot with booking trips and she s also been a great person to chat with after a long exhausting day outside. Her hostel is very very clean (bathroom smells constantly like flowers in spring) and the room i had was very cozy. Staying there really feels like being at home. The hostel is 10 min away from the city centre by tram, but it is totally worth it. Taxis are super cheap, so u can actually party all night and pay almost nth to go back

• 2nd May 2014

I love this hostel! Aga, the owner, really helps you plan your stay in Krakow as best she can. It's also a good place to talk to other travellers, because breakfast is served in the homey kitchen. It was very clean, and I loved the beds. Also, I really like that the hostel is eco-friendly. One thing though - it's a bit far from the city centre, maybe a 15-20 minute walk. You can take a tram though :) Will definitely visit Krakow again and go to this hostel!

Owner is so friendly and accommodating. Really enjoyed talking with her. She called for a cab for me for the following morning to get to the airport. Clean and cozy. You have to use the tram to get into the center of the city (it's a lengthy walk on a busy road), but great for the price.

Aga is a FABULOUS host! She will help you plan out what to do each day and recommend places to eat and tell you how to get around and show you brochures and have a great chat with you too! Good breakfast. Not too far of a walk to the old town but also frequent trams available. Nice rooms and bathrooms and kitchen area.