Elizabeth Hostel

Rating 157 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Jun 2017
5.1

I was rather disturbed to see a rotten tomato in the communal bathrooms and when I walked into the dorm it smelled very bad. None of the other travelers were communicative and it had a very solemn atmosphere. The location was a plus side. It was very central and I was able to walk anywhere I wanted to go. The staff were friendly enough. But I didn't feel overly welcomed. It was really cheap though so I can't say that I didn't get what I paid for.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2017
2.9

Booked 3nights through hostel world. No lock on the front door, zero atmosphere in the social area, no music & noone speaking. The smell in my room was absolutely disgusting - like wet sweaty socks mixed with strong stuffy BO. No safes or lockers in the room. Had to hold my breath in the bathroom the smell was even worse than in the room! The lock on the dorm door didn't work so feeling disgusted and extremely UNSAFE I left to another hostel! Only refunded 1 night. Worst hostel I've ever seen!

• Malaysia, All Female Group, 41+
18th Mar 2017
7.7

It was an okay experience for us. The toilet should have been cleaned daily to avoid toilet paper all piled up in the bin. The staff is helpful and accommodating.

22nd Feb 2017
6.0

Firstly they put us in a room where there were only long stay guests smoking weed than changed to a better room after our complaint. Room was ok, shared baths ok, good location.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
8th Feb 2017
3.7

Meth heads outside the front door and some in the rooms, tiny kitchen, super slow wifi and less than clean rooms that seem to smell permanently. Location is brilliant but not worth it.

• Hungary, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

Awesome location, right at the doorstep of the free tram zone! Female bathrooms & toilet were new and regularly cleaned (1st floor, not sure about the rest). Kitchen is average, plenty of pots and plates available, though most of the time have to borrow utensils & mugs from the reception. Huge walk-in fridge outside of the kitchen, most people (including me) assumed that there was no fridge at all but no worries, it's there. 8 bed dorm was nice, spacious and clean but one roommate was so dirty!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017
6.9

no towels, locks or elevator but an overall happy experience.