Elizabeth Hostel Reviews

490-494 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Australia

-Some furniture are too worn out. -No heater in the living room -Hot water tap and cold water tap is hard to adjust during showers -My food item from the freever has apparently gone missing while the cleaner cleans it. -Locker system in dorms are not upgraded to have integrated lock -Soundproofing of rooms are not done. - There is no free wifi like almost all hostels have.

the staff was very very friendly, the room was okay, but the kitchen and bathroom were disgusting

The facility itself is not too bad, but the people we shared the room with were extremely disrespectful. Hopefully we were the only ones with bad luck

Quite possibly the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. They had overbooked the rooms to the point where they had 4 people vying for one bed that looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the 70's. No one spoke English which made communication impossible. They had people smoking in the kitchen (weed) playing uncomfortably loud ska reggae with people coming and going getting baggies. My glasses were stolen in the time I went to the bathroom. Then oddly the manager just up and left for 45mins?

• 28th Mar 2015

Pretty disgusting hostel compared to others in the city, lost my booking so I had to compromise on room and then got robbed

• 28th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Pretty chilled place to stay, the staff were helpful and the most of the people staying at the hostel were an interesting and welcoming bunch. I'd happily go back.

I had a lovely time! Met awesome people!

• 16th Mar 2015

During the 4 nights I stayed at this hostel the police was called twice. Things were stolen from the fridges, the kitchen was very dirty and in the bathrooms on my floor wasn't any toilet paper for two days I was really glad when I left Melbourne because of the hostel and with 34 and 32 $ a night it wasn't even cheap.

• 6th Mar 2015

Kitchen was dirty. Rooms doesn't have plugs to recharge cellphone. Bathrooms are good, very big.

Horrible! Dirty and smelly! Would rather use the public bathrooms out in the streets than those at the hostel!

You get what you pay with regards to the facilities. The Wi-Fi wasn't available when we were there, and the carpet wasn't so clean. Nonetheless, the management's sincerity and authenticity was really appreciated. We checked-in at 11pm and due to system confusion was placed with a double instead of twin room. The manager was very understanding and accommodating in helping us out, from check-in to check-out. Would recommend for adventure-seekers and world travelers!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice, helpful staff, comfy beds, spacious showers Room quite hot though and bathrooms one day clean, the other mwah...

This hostel is in a great location in the CBD. The staff messed up my room a few times and were a bit rude, but it's fine for a short time.

While first impressions of the hostel were bad, i soon found that the diverse international crowd it hosts and proximity to Melbourne's CBD and the best chinese food in Australia did a good job making up for the hostels lackluster amenities. If you dont mind sacrificing some comforts for culture and location then youve come to the right place. That being said there are more comfortable beds in nicer hostels around Melbourne for the same price.

rude manager, lower than average cleanliness standards and the staff werent very helpful towards any enquiries

• 5th Feb 2015

Great place to meet people, especially if you're a young backpacker. Had an awesome stay here.

• 3rd Feb 2015