Elizabeth Hostel Reviews

490-494 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Australia

The staff were awful, none of them knew what they was doing. I had to share a room with screaming kids all night and the WiFi was terrible.

• 6th Feb 2016

The staff were rude and unhelpful. I stood for 15/20 minutes everytime I went to the front desk, then to be greeted by rude staff with terrible attitudes. They have no facilities and bathrooms were make shift and slightly dirty.

• 31st Jan 2016

Frankly, dot go. the reception is poor menage isn't done; no detergent product. We don.t let the hair rotted in the siphon of the shower. security level ?? Uh !! I got my tablet steals. No reaction from the staff. rooms always open doors even if you close the morning. big lack of respect from some other travelers who don't care whether you sleep or not. they turn on the light, talking loudly, screaming limit. There is no civility code. it's still a minimum of enforcing the civic society.

-I wasn't told about the tv lounge. -Please put sign telling other backpackers to walk softly at night whilst others are sleeping. -Map of Melbourne was of poor quality. Please obtain one from Flinders St visitor info centre. They've got much better coloured maps which you can copy. - A lot of backpacker places provide towels. You hire them out. That was disappointing. I'll sure you could have included it in the price.

• 15th Jan 2016

The reason this hostel is getting a low rating is for cleanliness. The rooms smelt like old musty water and because there was no aircon the air didn't flow so the smell stayed. Other than that the hostel was in a good location, close to CBD and across from maccas and next to a supermarket and a tram stop. The atmosphere is a bit iffy, as I'm sure at least 1/4 people in the hostel are on drugs or selling drugs. There are lockers provides but no locks however the rooms do have locks.

Get what you pay for here, cheap for Melbourne, great location, rooms feel safe and secure. Lacks atmosphere and the staff are a bit awkward but again, its a cheap hostel. the room was kinda smelly. good enough for us though, would definitely recommend for any backpacker wanting a cheap, safe dorm in Melbourne!

Clean,friendly&helpful

The manager was rude and had no idea what to do. Told us it was too complicated to figure out how much one night was, so I had to figure it out for him after 10 minutes arguing. Didn't try to help or understand so we didn't even check in just moved to nomads and lost the deposit

• 16th Nov 2015

Shockingly bad, rude staff, disgusting rooms when i returned to my room there was someone sleeping in my bed so i had to find alternative accommodation, when i brought this up with the staff they yelled at me, said it wasn't their problem and offered no reimbursement for the stay! absolutely horrible, DO NOT STAY HERE

Simple hostel in convenient location. Was clean and good value for money.

Womens are filthy. My bed wasnt changed before my or after. the same dirty sheets and cases !

• 23rd Oct 2015

Worst hostel I've stayed in, I have been travelling around Asia and south America staying in hostelshostels, so isn't like I'm just being picky!! I chose to stay here for the fact it has a kitchen. This was disgusting, so dirty and didn't have an oven Room was over subscribed so they had Move guests which was completely unprofessional and is not a difficult matter to assign rooms. That evening when I had gone to sleep I was woken by the staff as a man had lost his bag. Milk was stolen.

Disgusting! Staff are abusive, unhelpful and rooms are horrible! The entire place smells like cigarette smoke I found two used condoms in my bed upon check in!!!!! I'd prefer to sleep on the streets than in this hostel

The room smelled disgusting. Don't know if it was due to lack of cleaning or other residents. There were dirty bowls round our bunk and noodles all over the floor. There was a substantial language barrier between ourselves and the staff. The window in the room wash smashed. Male cleaners were entering female toilets/shower room while in use.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

WORST PLACE EVER! I stay in hostels alot but this place is by far the worst. Its dirty, rubbish everywhere and there was fecal matter on the ground in the bathroom too. DO NOT STAY HERE