Elizabeth Hostel Reviews

490-494 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Australia

I think i will give excellent for the Bathroom and toilet ,cuz its really clean compare with all facilities. I stay in 8 double female bed room,it is a bit dark,but they provide heater which is very good. location is near Queens Market and tram station, really convenient.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

-Some furniture are too worn out. -No heater in the living room -Hot water tap and cold water tap is hard to adjust during showers -My food item from the freever has apparently gone missing while the cleaner cleans it. -Locker system in dorms are not upgraded to have integrated lock -Soundproofing of rooms are not done. - There is no free wifi like almost all hostels have.

the staff was very very friendly, the room was okay, but the kitchen and bathroom were disgusting

The facility itself is not too bad, but the people we shared the room with were extremely disrespectful. Hopefully we were the only ones with bad luck

Quite possibly the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. They had overbooked the rooms to the point where they had 4 people vying for one bed that looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the 70's. No one spoke English which made communication impossible. They had people smoking in the kitchen (weed) playing uncomfortably loud ska reggae with people coming and going getting baggies. My glasses were stolen in the time I went to the bathroom. Then oddly the manager just up and left for 45mins?

• 28th Mar 2015

Pretty disgusting hostel compared to others in the city, lost my booking so I had to compromise on room and then got robbed

• 28th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Pretty chilled place to stay, the staff were helpful and the most of the people staying at the hostel were an interesting and welcoming bunch. I'd happily go back.

I had a lovely time! Met awesome people!

• 16th Mar 2015

During the 4 nights I stayed at this hostel the police was called twice. Things were stolen from the fridges, the kitchen was very dirty and in the bathrooms on my floor wasn't any toilet paper for two days I was really glad when I left Melbourne because of the hostel and with 34 and 32 $ a night it wasn't even cheap.

• 6th Mar 2015

Kitchen was dirty. Rooms doesn't have plugs to recharge cellphone. Bathrooms are good, very big.

Horrible! Dirty and smelly! Would rather use the public bathrooms out in the streets than those at the hostel!