Elizabeth's Youth Hostel

Very Good 416 Total Reviews

• evaelina
  • Finland, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

I booked this hostel because of the location and I definitely recommend to stay here if you are planning on traveling outside of Riga: its very close to the railway and the bus stations which made my trip to Sigulda easier. The staff was very friendly. I didn't meet any other guests here, which is great for those who appreciate peace and silence, but it did get a little too lonely for me. The kitchen was a bit small and there was no stove, but otherwise the facilities were great.

24th Apr 2017
7.4

The curtains in the room were very thin and a light shown through the whole night. The reception was on the second floor with no elevator. The rooms and building were dated and worn. There was no kitchen area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It had a very small lounging area and difficult to meet other travelers. The hostel is centrally located and within walking distance to trams, buses, the mall, and restaurants. Overall it was a good experience and we would gladly return.

23rd Apr 2017
6.9

Certainly a pleasant enough hostel for a short trip, the rooms were clean and the staff (when there) were pleasant. The kitchen is just sink and microwave, and one of the showers is the kind that you have to sort of pump ever minute to keep the water flowing, which was extremely annoying. Definitely a very good price however, with easy enough access to old town and other things in Riga.

22nd Apr 2017
5.7

upon check in i was shown around, and asked what time I'd like to check out, I said twelve as it says late checkout available on hostelworld, but was woken up at 11 the next morning asking me to leave, was told those are the rules..which the man from check in never told me. disappointed as I was very tired from working all night. decent value for money for 1 night, easy to get too which is nice, very old decor that looks in need of a bit of touching up and my bed smelt funny

15th Apr 2017
4.6

I was very confused. The reception closes at 19:00 we arrived at 18:40 and no one was there nor were we given instructions on what to do. The security is non-existent in the rooms and the door is a simple pass code. I never saw a receptionist; which is a pity because i normally value their advice on what to see and do. And I placed my money in a container (which anyone could just grab and then who knows if I paid?). the kitchen has a microwave/sink no soap. i wouldn't stay here again :/ sorry

6th Apr 2017

Everything was good.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
27th Mar 2017

A good little hostel. Had everything I needed even though the kitchen was very small which could be a problem if there are a large amount of guests. Power points were limited in the dorm.

Thank you!

• USA, Female, 31-40
11th Mar 2017

A great no-frills hostel! I was a little worried about the distance from the hostel to Old Town, but it was a nice walk and didn't feel far at all. Plus, there are a lot of other cool restaurants/things to do outside of Old Town and the hostel was close to those, as well. The man who let us in was super nice. Free coffee and tea available. Everyone else who stayed there was quiet at night - I didn't have to use my earplugs at all. Definitely a good value. :)

Thank you!