Embassie Liverpool Backpackers Reviews

1 Falkner Square, Toxteth, Liverpool, England

As Liverpool's oldest hostel, The Embassie has a unique charm and character to it. Family owned, the staff know how to make you feel right at home. They environment really encourages you to meet people in the kitchen and common room and I have met some of the best people during my travels here. The bathrooms and showers are on different floors but meh, oh well - you just deal with it. Located a few blocks from primary shopping area and nightlife. Cheers, Embassie!

• 23rd Aug 2014

The Beatles tour guided by Kevin is the best thing of the hostel! But all their staffs are very very nice person. I will stay there again when I come back to Liverpool.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

it was a short stay for me. its about 15-20 mins walk from the city center. the staff were really nice and took their time to explain what not to miss in the city. the rooms were clean though the stairs were just a little messy which i didnt mind. the showers for the guys are really small so get used to that. breakfast 24/7. quiet neighborhood.

This is the second time we've stayed in this hostel and it has gone downhill. The owners hassle you constantly- from the moment you walk through the door they are hounding you about where you should go and what to do in Liverpool when all you want to do is sit down and rest after a long journey. The bathroom facilities were unclean and the locks on many of the doors broken. Breakfast was a nice touch- havig tea and toast on tap is handy. Bunk beds unsafe and broken in dorm.

• 18th Jul 2014

Greatest hostel ever. If you are going to Liverpool, stay here. Excellent atmosphere. Shoutout to Kevin, Kevin jnr and Maria who were fantastic hosts - I felt like I was at home

All facilities were clean and functioning. Bread, jams and tea-coffee available all day which was great. The owner was lovely and even gave me advice about which bus to catch to get to the airport.

Kevin's tour on the Thursday was amazing. He took groups and solo travellers out alike, and showed us the highlights of Liverpool. Lovely personal anecdotes and interesting facts, the tour was brilliant and Kevin a great host. I was astounded to find that this tour was free. I felt completely welcome, and allowed to use a range of facilities and social areas to meet the other travellers. If you go to Liverpool, stay at the Embassie and stay on a Thursday night. Cannot fault the place!!

The staff is very friendly and it is always there willing to help you. I stayed at Embassie for few days preparing a in important exam and since my free time was very limited they also offered me portion of the food they have cooked for themselves. Really a lovely experience.

• 21st Jun 2014

The staff here were the friendliest I encountered my entire trip! Everyone was welcoming and provided the necessary information to make the most of our trip. The rooms and facilities were clean and as to be expected.

The best I've stayed in yet! Fantastic staff! I would live to come visit again

Great stay at the Hostel. The staff is super friendly. It's a little bit off, so long walk to the city. Included Breakfast is very good for a Hostel.

This is like being at home atmosphere, very welcoming, so much so that there were visitors that stay awhile, end up moving to liverpool and still come over to visit and help the guests. The owner, Kevin, has an inside scoop with the early Beatles, which makes his walking tour so grand with added bits of history. Very helpful explaining different landmarks and historical things that should be seen, a true wealth of information! I will keep this place in my travel log for next time!

• 29th May 2014

This is an awesome hostel. recommend it!!! The staff were very nice, super nice!! The hostel's owner was super nice as well! He is a musician and very enthusiastic about music. He also traveled a lot and collected lots of interesting crafts from all over the world in the hostel. Highly recommend this hostel. The breakfast is 24-hour, which means you can eat and get coffee anytime!! Wifi is great as well. It is also close to several great pubs (famous pubs in Liverpool)

Such a sweet hostel. Very homely with a great breakfast selection you can eat all day... Really layed back with everything you need. Very helpful staff aswell. Highly recommended :)

Great atmosphere, I actually felt I was hosted in a friend's house.. people are nice and very friendly, helped me with eveything I needed. I'd totally recommended to a friend.

• 17th May 2014

The staff is very nice but the hostel is filthy. Also, location is a bit far from city center.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Embassie in Liverpool, Kevin and Zoe were so friendly, the house is beautiful and it's nice to have a bit of a community feeling when travelling alone. Kevin and Zoe know a lot about Liverpool, the buildings and history, it really helped me to get an overview - but I would say the most important thing is the atmosphere, and you don't find that in many hostels, very personal and very friendly.

great staff, friendly atmosphere, I really love the interior decor of the pantry/kitchen area. Rooms and bathroom was clean as that was great, a little off the city but it wasn't too far. Definitely go back if I could!

Outstanding. The Kevins are a lovely genuine family who love the city and cannot wait to show you the best bits. The free tour is well worth taking, Kevin gives you an excellent insight to the times of the early Beatles with first hand accounts. He welcomes you into the hostel like his home, and offers you tea and biscuits, and all the bread and spreads a hostler could need. If you want a personal introduction and a warm safe feeling from your hostel, the Embassie is a dream.

• 24th Apr 2014

Amazingly friendly place with amusing, helpful staff and real character. Just a short walk from town, and quite handy for Liverpool Parkrun.