Embassie Liverpool Backpackers Reviews

1 Falkner Square, Toxteth, Liverpool, England

I've been to Embassy Backpackers before and made a point of coming back here when I returned to Liverpool. The staff is all super friendly, helpful, and kind. Kevin Senior is a treasure and a great host- if you can, try to plan your trip so you're there Thursday for his Beatles tour. I was a little disappointed that there weren't enough lockers in my dorm room- I was on the top floor and had to use a locker in the basement to lock up my valuables when I went out.

The location is fantastic. It's in a quiet neighbourhood, a short walk away from local amenities, transportation, and the city centre. The staff were quite good and welcoming and made me feel more at ease. They were also very generous! However, if you're looking for a good night's sleep, this is probably not the place for you. Music is allowed to be played very loud, even late, and there is no curfew nor any house rules regarding common courtesy and being respectful of other guests.

• 24th Oct 2015

It was good hostel, a bit rough round the edges but everything was there and clean. The owner Kevin does a very good Beatles tour around Liverpool for free, that's definitely worth doing. I would stay at again.

I had a great time here. The staff were very friendly (although I sometimes got confused if people worked here, just stopped by or were long-term residents). They had a Thursday night Beatles tour which ended with tickets to The Cavern. I had a great time at that. On the Wednesday night one of their friends came in and sang and played guitar for us. Everyone was very friendly which made it so much easier. Thanks for the memories:)

Great hostel. Old, but has a very home like feel and the staff their are excellent and extremely friendly. It was sad to leave such a welcoming place. Not too far from the centre of Liverpool, where the party is. Thanks guys for the awesome hospitality.

Had a great stay at Embassie Liverpool Backpackers! Our hosts were very warm and friendly, giving us good places to go in the city of Liverpool and making our stay very accommodating - Kevin even gave each us a Beatles memento, which I believe will be a great keepsake. Would definitely recommend!

• 2nd Oct 2015

This is really a good place and it has a true soul, you feel welcome and definitely it's the probably the best hostel if you're a Beatles fan! Had a good stay here, bed was confy, clean bed linen, good breakfast, nice staff. :)

Kevin, the host does tell great stories about the beatles and is a very nice and accommodating one! so anyone who wishes to know about Beatles but ain't willing to pay for the museum. this is your best shot at a very informative one!

Loved it why would u not stay here

• 15th Sep 2015

Staff is very nice. Dorm rooms are big and decent. Bathroom down the hall. Downstairs has kitchen, pool table, computer.

What a pleasant stay. It is a very nice, cosy hostel. It is like a second home. Thanks to the wonderful staff.

Kevin(s) are very warm and friendly. Huge plus for the hostel. The hostel is very old school and non-commercial so if you're used to this then you might not dig the vibe here. It's kind of cute and quirky and communal in atmosphere. Pretty decent common spaces. It lacks on wash facilities, these need to be upgraded. Free tea, coffee, toast etc 24/7 which is amazing. The free breakfast is one of the better ones you can get in the UK too. It is a nice area of Liverpool but a decent to L1.

Nice hostel with a BnB kind of feel to it. Super friendly staff. Nice neighbourhood to stay in. Free Thursday walking tour is good fun and has plenty of surprises along the way. I certainly recommend the Embassie.