Embassie Liverpool Backpackers Reviews

1 Falkner Square, Toxteth, Liverpool, England

The staff is great, really nice and friendly. The only thing I think that could be improved was the lockers and the room's access. The atmosphere is completely amazing!!

Embassie is more than a hostel, it is a family! It's an old house (no elevator, no fancy rooms, no plugs next to the bed), but you can find all you need. Everyone there is more than nice: Kevin, Kevin Jr, Abraham and all staff were kind, helpful and made us feel at home. Meeting people is very easy in the common area! You find coffee, tea, bread, jams and smiles 24/7, the kitchen is big, there are a terrace and a pool table! Tip:visit the Cathedral, only 5min walking. I'll definitely come back!

Staff were really helpful and friendly, great atmosphere and good location, great for a couple of days :)

We had an awesome time at Embassie, the staff were excellent and very accommodating.

• 24th Sep 2014

Friendly staff, my favourite Hostel in England. Clean, safe. This was my third stay here and never got disapointed! Unmissable thursday beatles walk/tour with Kevin. Thank you!

Excelent environment and hostel team, I recommend this hostel 200%!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Chile

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean and the beds were comfortable.

I really like Embassie. I felt welcome from the moment I arrived though it was 11 o'clock at night. Kevin gave a very valuable introduction of the city especially those Beatles related places and building, which gave me overview of the city and helped me to plan my two days ‘impulse trip' :) Though I didn't eat lunch and dinner there, I still like that we can get whole day food there ;) Staying in Embassies really enrich my experience in Liverpool. I'll choose to stay there again next time.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • China

As Liverpool's oldest hostel, The Embassie has a unique charm and character to it. Family owned, the staff know how to make you feel right at home. They environment really encourages you to meet people in the kitchen and common room and I have met some of the best people during my travels here. The bathrooms and showers are on different floors but meh, oh well - you just deal with it. Located a few blocks from primary shopping area and nightlife. Cheers, Embassie!

• 23rd Aug 2014

I have stayed at the hostel many times. The atmosphere is incredible I have always made many friends every time I stay there. I even met my wife there and we are still together. The staff are amazing always willing to help and if you are a returning customer they always remember you. The Embassie would always be my first choice when frequenting Liverpool.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The Beatles tour guided by Kevin is the best thing of the hostel! But all their staffs are very very nice person. I will stay there again when I come back to Liverpool.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

it was a short stay for me. its about 15-20 mins walk from the city center. the staff were really nice and took their time to explain what not to miss in the city. the rooms were clean though the stairs were just a little messy which i didnt mind. the showers for the guys are really small so get used to that. breakfast 24/7. quiet neighborhood.

This is the second time we've stayed in this hostel and it has gone downhill. The owners hassle you constantly- from the moment you walk through the door they are hounding you about where you should go and what to do in Liverpool when all you want to do is sit down and rest after a long journey. The bathroom facilities were unclean and the locks on many of the doors broken. Breakfast was a nice touch- havig tea and toast on tap is handy. Bunk beds unsafe and broken in dorm.

• 18th Jul 2014

Greatest hostel ever. If you are going to Liverpool, stay here. Excellent atmosphere. Shoutout to Kevin, Kevin jnr and Maria who were fantastic hosts - I felt like I was at home

All facilities were clean and functioning. Bread, jams and tea-coffee available all day which was great. The owner was lovely and even gave me advice about which bus to catch to get to the airport.

I never wanted to leave this hostel. The owner and the rest of the staff are all fantastic, and the guests when I was there were all interesting and friendly. Secure, clean, comfortable, and in a good location. Easy walking to the centre and Albert Dock.

Kevin's tour on the Thursday was amazing. He took groups and solo travellers out alike, and showed us the highlights of Liverpool. Lovely personal anecdotes and interesting facts, the tour was brilliant and Kevin a great host. I was astounded to find that this tour was free. I felt completely welcome, and allowed to use a range of facilities and social areas to meet the other travellers. If you go to Liverpool, stay at the Embassie and stay on a Thursday night. Cannot fault the place!!

The staff is very friendly and it is always there willing to help you. I stayed at Embassie for few days preparing a in important exam and since my free time was very limited they also offered me portion of the food they have cooked for themselves. Really a lovely experience.

• 21st Jun 2014

The staff here were the friendliest I encountered my entire trip! Everyone was welcoming and provided the necessary information to make the most of our trip. The rooms and facilities were clean and as to be expected.

The best I've stayed in yet! Fantastic staff! I would live to come visit again