Embassie Liverpool Backpackers Reviews

1 Falkner Square, Toxteth, Liverpool, England

Staff is very nice. Dorm rooms are big and decent. Bathroom down the hall. Downstairs has kitchen, pool table, computer.

What a pleasant stay. It is a very nice, cosy hostel. It is like a second home. Thanks to the wonderful staff.

Kevin(s) are very warm and friendly. Huge plus for the hostel. The hostel is very old school and non-commercial so if you're used to this then you might not dig the vibe here. It's kind of cute and quirky and communal in atmosphere. Pretty decent common spaces. It lacks on wash facilities, these need to be upgraded. Free tea, coffee, toast etc 24/7 which is amazing. The free breakfast is one of the better ones you can get in the UK too. It is a nice area of Liverpool but a decent to L1.

Nice hostel with a BnB kind of feel to it. Super friendly staff. Nice neighbourhood to stay in. Free Thursday walking tour is good fun and has plenty of surprises along the way. I certainly recommend the Embassie.

The staff and atmosphere were amazing at Embassie Hostel. You guys seem like a fun bunch in a nice hostel; you put a smile on my face. Meeting Kevin was the highlight of my stay. Thank you so much for all your Beatles stories, I could have listened to them for hours.

• 14th May 2015

The location of this hostel is quite bad, it's on the outside of the city and took about 25 minutes to walk to the Matthew's St (the best street for party, it's a must do!). The hostel overall felt pretty gross, although perhaps just very worn down looking. The atmosphere was decent, although mostly the hostel owners older friends jamming out to guitars. Poor value for the expensive price and I actually stayed elsewhere (glad I did) my 2nd time in Liverpool.

Thank you for a lovely stay in Liverpool. Everyone I met at Embassie is simply lovely. I could not have asked for more. The atmosphere is exactly what one looks for Ina hostel. Also as I discovered later in my travels, just the fact of having tea and toast available late at night is fantastic, some places lock the kitchen at 10pm!!! And only open it at 7am... So seriously you're doing that right. Kevin's Beatles tour was super fun, all his stories are so interesting, I will certainly remember it

• 7th May 2015

This hostel was a great experience! The staff is friendly and eager to help, plenty of space in the rooms, kitchen, and shower. The location is within walking distance of anything in the city. The Thursday Beatles tour was excellent, Kevin was so much fun to listen to. Thank you, Embassie!!

This place just needs a bit of renovations, otherwise an okay place to stay. Thanks.

• 3rd May 2015

I had a wonderful time at the Embassie! Great place, great staff, very good location and again Great people there. Kevin is an outstanding host I felt home there from the first minute. All the staff members were/are fantastic willing to help. I highly recommend the Embassie. I hope to go back there really soon. Big thanks from Cascais, Portugal.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

The staff is really nice but the place overall is unclean. The lockers didn't work properly.

VEry great atmosphere and staff, lovely decoration, and building. Bathroom and toilets clean but the showers in the female facilities should be separated be cause no one was using the two showers at the same time. And the kitchen does not look very clean. But anyway a very nice place to stay.

Kev was a brilliant host. I loved the Breakfast! One of the best hostels I've been to- could have done with a few more plug sockets but bar that- no complaints!

• 6th Mar 2015