Embassy Inn Reviews

1627 16th Street NW, Washington, Washington DC, USA

Great value for money, very clean, very friendly reception staff. The downside with our experience was that we were on the bottom floor with concrete walls so it got really cold the moment you turn the heater off. Also we were located near the cleaners facilities where the cleaners would come every morning waking us up at 7.30 with extremely loud, fast talking.

everything was great! excellent helpful friendly staff!

everything was great

Especially the employees at the reception desk were very friendly. The Hotel itself was located not too far from Capitol Hill and the Room was more than appropriate!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Everything was ok, good localization, nice stuff, very quiet room.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Poland

We stayed in a tiny and smelly room which seemed to be last refurbished last century. Breakfast was a joke, go find a cafe nearby if you have time and budget. Excellent location, though!

• 14th Jun 2014

Personnel at the hotel was rarely friendly or willing to help.

They did not have my reservation on record, and didn't have a room. After 45 minutes, they had us walk 20 min in the rain to a partner hotel. The partner hotel did not have a working shower or fridge.

As per the web site break fast was included in the cost, but hotel charge US$5 for every days breakfast. As per the agreement i have to pay only US$183.60, but Hotel Embassy Inn took $ 216 from me. You are requested to credit my Deposit US$32.40 at the earliest.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • India

Nice location, very friendly staff.

• 29th Jul 2013

The hotel staff was awesome. I understand every room will not offer a "view"! Perhaps these rooms are the ones reserved for those not paying "full price"!! While the area was convenient to many sights, the facility would be a very poor choice someone requiring H/C accessibility. Also, not recommeded for anyone driving into the city. Taxi service was great but, parking very poor & not with much security.

• 19th Jul 2013

Good place to go! Good location. Pretty quiet.

Good Hostel! I recommend!

• 28th Jun 2013

Person @the door seemed REALLY judgmental & exceptionally annoyed when my friend & I (both female) came 2him 2check in. So 1st impression was really bad already. Room EXCEPTIONALLY small, like squeezing a DOUBLE bed into a dorm room, barely any room to move around in. Bathroom felt comfortably clean though, so that was good. Also felt overcharged- if you can afford something better, don't come here. Otherwise, this is a pretty convenient location (as long as you don't mind walking a bit).

• 5th Oct 2012

I explicitly reserved a room with two single beds. When i arrived in the hotel the man on the desk gave me a room with a single double bed. I showed to him the reservation receipt but he said that for the twin room i should pay an extra amount!

• 9th Aug 2012

I felt our room was cramped and should have been a single, not a twin share. Great location & nice neighborhood. Would / will stay there again.

This is quite possibly the worst place I stayed during my place. For a hotel/inn, it failed to impress me. There was an issue with check in which took 30minutes to fix, the place was about to overcharge me and would have done so had I not queried it. The room itself was very small, the curtain/blinds wouldn' close. Upon checkout, the printer wasn't working and the staff member proceeded to waste my time by refusing to call a cab for me while waiting for the receipt. just really poor service.

It is a nice Inn. Perfect to visit DC.

I did not have a good experience. I got at the hotel and they did not have the room I had booked, it was not available. So, they sent me to another hotel, much better by the way. They said they would not charge me any money, but they did.

• 24th Mar 2012

We had an excellent stay at the embassy inn. It is a nice, clean, professional hotel, walking distance from central DC. The price given through hostelworld was much cheaper than similar hotels, although their direct booking price is not so cheap. The only issue, which staff solved at no charge, was that the booking through hostelworld was clearly for a room with two beds for two people, and the reserved room had one king size bed. This seems to be a problem with communication with hostelworld.

« first « Prev 1 2 3