Embassy Inn Reviews

1627 16th Street NW, Washington, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

Nice location, very friendly staff.

• 29th Jul 2013

The hotel staff was awesome. I understand every room will not offer a "view"! Perhaps these rooms are the ones reserved for those not paying "full price"!! While the area was convenient to many sights, the facility would be a very poor choice someone requiring H/C accessibility. Also, not recommeded for anyone driving into the city. Taxi service was great but, parking very poor & not with much security.

• 19th Jul 2013

Good place to go! Good location. Pretty quiet.

Good Hostel! I recommend!

• 28th Jun 2013

Person @the door seemed REALLY judgmental & exceptionally annoyed when my friend & I (both female) came 2him 2check in. So 1st impression was really bad already. Room EXCEPTIONALLY small, like squeezing a DOUBLE bed into a dorm room, barely any room to move around in. Bathroom felt comfortably clean though, so that was good. Also felt overcharged- if you can afford something better, don't come here. Otherwise, this is a pretty convenient location (as long as you don't mind walking a bit).

• 5th Oct 2012

I explicitly reserved a room with two single beds. When i arrived in the hotel the man on the desk gave me a room with a single double bed. I showed to him the reservation receipt but he said that for the twin room i should pay an extra amount!

• 9th Aug 2012

I felt our room was cramped and should have been a single, not a twin share. Great location & nice neighborhood. Would / will stay there again.

This is quite possibly the worst place I stayed during my place. For a hotel/inn, it failed to impress me. There was an issue with check in which took 30minutes to fix, the place was about to overcharge me and would have done so had I not queried it. The room itself was very small, the curtain/blinds wouldn' close. Upon checkout, the printer wasn't working and the staff member proceeded to waste my time by refusing to call a cab for me while waiting for the receipt. just really poor service.

It is a nice Inn. Perfect to visit DC.

I did not have a good experience. I got at the hotel and they did not have the room I had booked, it was not available. So, they sent me to another hotel, much better by the way. They said they would not charge me any money, but they did.

• 24th Mar 2012

We had an excellent stay at the embassy inn. It is a nice, clean, professional hotel, walking distance from central DC. The price given through hostelworld was much cheaper than similar hotels, although their direct booking price is not so cheap. The only issue, which staff solved at no charge, was that the booking through hostelworld was clearly for a room with two beds for two people, and the reserved room had one king size bed. This seems to be a problem with communication with hostelworld.

When we arrived to the hotel the room booked two months before there wasn't, so the man of the staff sayed to us that we must be tresfered to other hotel. This was ok for us but at the end the man found a room that was exactly like the room we booked but instead of $ 342,00 plus tax (we payed before with Hostelworld) the bill was $ 380,00 plus tax = $ 435. we asked the reason showing him Hostelworld receipt with our payment and deposit but the man INVENTED some reasons.

For anyone who is looking for a hotel located at the heart of Washington D.C. with a reasonable rate, Embassy Inn is the hotel for you. It is located near Dupont Circle. It is a 15 minutes walk from the Metro. The room is nice furnished and the building itself has plenty character.

Worst experience ever! They don't understand anything about how to manage customer experience and cover their fault. They couldn't find our reservation, they gave us a smaller room. When it is too noisy and we asked for a change they didn't do anything although we have waited for more than half an hour for them to find room and gave us a smaller room. Don't bother to go. Find a pleasant one and enjoy your trip instead of being annoyed. One more thing we saw cockroach also..

• 15th Oct 2011
  • Turkey

Nice place to stay as it offers reasonable pricing. Location good to access the Metro about 10 minute walk away. Breakfast is sufficiently appertising.

• 1st Oct 2011

Beautiful historic building in a walking distance to landmarks such as the Whitehouse... Considering the price... it is a very good deal.. However....the description of this hotel says that complimentary breakfast is provided...but it is NOT. The hotel has to change their advertisement.

This hotel is good value for money as breakfast was included (self serve cereal, toast, pastries..). It's in a good area of Washington and only a short block from several good, cheap cafe/bar/restaurants. The nearest Metro is at Dupont Circle which is a good 10 minute walk (an easy walk though, flat and through attractive streets). Our room was small but clean and with an en suite. Room description on Hostelworld was confusing (single? double?). Happily recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Excellent value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and pleasant.I

The price is not expensive for the quality. I strongly recommend. walking distance from center and white house !excellent rapport qualité prix !!! propreté et service impeccables compte tenu des tarifs. Je recommande vraiment cet hôtel. Possibilité de se rendre à pied au centre ville et à la maison blanche.

• 22nd Jul 2011

Unfortunately we could hear A/C running the whole night... maybe our room was on the wrong side. A little bit desappointed about the breakfast without eggs, bacon etc. but only bred, butter, marmelade and donuts, cereals. Otherwise very good location, nice area, very clean room

View all Washington DC Hotels