Embassy Lakeview Reviews

Moo 2, 14/94 Chaweng Beach 84320, Koh Samui, Thailand

talk about value for your money!! we stayed 3 nights and are really happy with our choice. a 5 min walk from the main st with restaurants and nightlife. owner was really helpful restaurant in the same complex with way cheaper prices than on the main st.

• 26th Mar 2014

If your looking for a basic place to stay then this is it, me and my partner stayed here for 4 nights and as we are on a strict budget this place worked well for us. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the beach and local shops. Nice little hostel for a bed. Also if you get the chance eat the pizza at the restaurant next door. There amazing!!!

Pretty normal hostel what sets it apart is the owner Luigi. After eating small portions for a month luigis pasta dishes were a refreshing change some of the best Italian I've had. Great place!

Good value for your money. I was worried about shared bathroom but it turned out fine. Location was quite good. Walking distance to beach and night life (so there was a little noise, not bad). Average hostel, can't complain much!

Clean and simple accommodation. This little guest house was perfect for our stay, good value for money, good location - close to beach and bars etc but far enough away to get a good night sleep! Luigi the owner was so friendly and helpful. Thanks Luigi.

The owner is a great guy and very helpful. He also makes some of the best Italian food ever (and I've been to Italy). The room was nice and having a tv/dvd player was a nice touch. All in all, I had a wonderful stay and I'd definitely return (for the food alone)!!!

Really nice and efficient Italian guy runs the place, and he serves very cheap pasta and pizza. Also down the road is the best Italian good we've had in Asia, also run by a few Italian guys. Our room was quite clean and the beach is about a 10 minute walk if you take a shortcut through the dirt path by the construction site, otherwise it's about a 20-25 minute walk.

Hi Kyle and thanks for your nice comment. Just wanted to say that the way to the beach is not only throught the construction site but also passing next the McDonald which is 5 minutes walking away. So you can have a clean way and still 10-15 minutes walking distance to the beach. Thanks for your stay, was nice to meet you. Best Regards Luigi

The owner Luigi was very empathic, took care of the different problems I had and made me feel very welcome. Other hotel gasts and the environment were quite noisy, but Luigi's positive attitude made up for a great deal of it.

Hi Petra and thanks for your comment and words spent about me. I'm sorry if some guests were noisy, normally i have quiet guests but sometimes it can happen. If i hear it i normally make them to stop but i was sleeping and not hearing anything. :) Thanks for your stay. Kindest Regards Luigi

Excellent food and location, also the DVDs left in the room was a nice touch. The only minor annoyance was the reception/restaurant not being open until 12, which meant we had to wait a few hours before we could check out.

Hi Lucy and thanks for the comment. I'm sorry if in the morning i open late but as you could see is only me here working so in some ways i need some rest. Anyway i always invite the guests to leave the keys in the room if they check out before i open so don't need to wait me. You had to wait cause you had to pay a food bill otherwise you could leave with no problems. Thanks for your stay and Happy 2014. Best Regards Luigi

The owner Luigi made us feel very welcome on arrival and for the duration of our stay. We couldn't fault the place when it came to value for money, especially having access to two showers and toilets which were both very clean. The hostel is located only 5-10 minutes away from the beach but is not too close the lively nightlife. It also has easy access to all the shops and local amenities. Would definitely stay again if heading back to koh samui.

Thanks Chris and Bec... my pleasure. :)

A special word about Luigi. He could not have been more friendly and helpful. He appeared to be running the place on his own and he was doing a splendid job. Many thanks.

I can only be so gratefull for comments like this one. Yes i run all this hostel by myself and the best satisfaction is to see guests being happy to stay here and appreciate what i do for them. Thanks for your stay and for your review... wish you all the best. :)

Warmly welcome by Luigi who runs the place.We arrived before the scheduled time, yet he made sure we didn't wait long for the room.Very good value for the money.It's a shame the windows don't look outside but that's down to the design of the building.Luigi's great mood, availability and tasty italian dishes at affordable prices make up for the few less attractive points(no natural lighting, shared bathroom, busy street some nights).Keep in mind "you get what you pay for"! We enjoyed our stay!

• 12th Nov 2013

Thansk for your comment Freya, i really know that my place doesn't have anything perfect. All i try to do is to keep it clean, comfortable and always welcome. Satisfaction of my guests is the most important thing and is what makes me go ahead to run this place all by myself. :) Thanks for your stay and for your review... wish you the best. :) Luigi

This hostel is run by Luigi in what seems a one-man show. He is super friendly and will help you with anything that you need. Cheepest private beds (or beds in general) on koh samui,great for a budget traveller. I would stay here again, only negative is that the shutters were closed and he was not there when I arrived or departed, obviously since he is the only one there he cant always be around. But if you are a chilled traveller and dont mind waiting a few minutes that is no prob. great food.

Hi Ben, Thanks for your comment and to understand the sacrifices that i do to run my hostel as best as i can. You arrived earlier and checked in earlier that's why you had to wait few minutes. ;-) Didn't know what time you left and i was sorry to don't be here as i told you by mail. Thanks for your stay and wish you the best. Regards Luigi

View all Koh Samui Bed and Breakfasts