Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

Good points. Location only a short walk from train station, close to markets, supermarkets, banks and cafe's. Good bathrooms, single beds not bunks and secure lockers for packs. Bad points. Rooms advertised as aircond. Ours was not. 1 small standing fan trying to cool 5 guys down on 36 degree C days-it was a sweatbox. Kitchen has no stovetops and oven did not work. 10 Euros for laundry is expensive.

Please unclog the bath tub....

Super clean and fun. A little outside the pub scene, but good location overall.

5 minute walk from train station, 10 minute walk from duomo. rooms and bathrooms were clean but nothing special. each got a key to our own locker. staff was nice. not social at all when i was there except for maybe at the free breakfast. Not the best place I've ever stayed but a great deal for the price and location and it was good!

The location and facilities are nice and well maintained. And the desk staff are really nice, the two guys that were there were super helpful. However, the boss was difficult. You cannot sleep in or she will literally tell you to get up because she needs to clean and that you take too long a showers. She even tried to rip me off the last day when I needed to stow my bags. She said it was 3 euros when it was really 2 and when confronted later she denied it, got angry and threw a euro back at me.

The environment is pleasant and the room is clean and big enough. However, the place near the entrance of 2nd floor (near the fridge) was stinky, sometimes it could be smelled from far of the corridor. The staff is nice and helpful and the place is a nice place to stay.

Nice rooms. The actual building is old but well maintained and the staff is very helpful, take their restaurant recommendations! Also the the breakfast in the morning is great, the lady who cooks is the sweetest. Not a great hostel to meet others and the room we stayed in had A/C but it couldn't be controlled and made the room freezing (no comforters in the rooms only sheets). Overall a good hostel!

• 13th Jun 2015

Bathrooms were really nice here- almost like hotel bathrooms! Everything was very clean and tidy. Lockers had plenty of space for travel backpacks. Breakfast was coffee, tea cookies, and toast. Just over a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Great location with lockers, great atmosphere. Only downpoint is wifi is not as good in the rooms, but great place to stay and good place for the money.

The hostel itself is very pretty and clean. Staff was helpful but not very interactive. Security was kinda odd. We felt very safe and secure but the facility itself was never locked and easy to acces.

We had the private ensuite, and found it comfortable though quite small. The location was great as it was very near the train station, the central market Mercato Centrale, and the Duomo. Most of the tourist sites are within walking distance. Although our booking excludes breakfast, Danial was kind enough to invite us to join for coffee and biscuits, that was nice. Main door into the building should not be left unlocked all the time and the door upstairs should not be left open in the mornings.

Nice hostel very close to the station. The bathrooms are on the corridor, but there are enough of them so I never had to wait. It's a fairly quiet hostel with only the kitchen as a common room, but I really enjoyed it. I met a lot of great people in my room, and I could still enjoy a good night's sleep because there was hardly any noise. There are lockers in the room and even air conditioning. The lady making the breakfast is very cheerful and made my day!

This hostel is an easy walk from the train station, which is sometimes the most important consideration when you are lugging around bags or a backpack. It's also a pretty good hostel. It's quiet and clean. It's a smaller hostel, but it seems to usually have beds available when my preferred hostel is booked up. The internet connection was good when I was there. They have some policies with respect to after-hours access to kitchen and patio I don't like.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very pleasant stay! 5-10 walk from the train station Very clean, rooms are WELL AIR-CONDITIONED (you have to ask reception to turn it on for you) and the lockers in the room are spacious enough for more than all your valuables. Rather quiet hostel, perfect for a break from the busy/loud areas. Full laundry facilities (€10), luggage storage, and fridge for groceries but NO stove. Make sure you know the address number or you'll have trouble finding it because there's not a big sign for it.

No Air conditioning (but advertises AC) Internet didn't work on 1st floor for the first day and then when it was "fixed" it didn't have a signal in the room so you had to loiter in a narrow hallway to connect. The rooms were stiflingly hot. If I go back to Florence, I will not stay here. I don't always need to have all amenities, but when I pay for them, I expect them.

The location was excellent. Bathrooms were clean :) It was just really hot in the room at night

It was clean, big, and every bed has a decent locker to store your things. However, it could be so much better. If only it had friendlier staff and accepted credit cards for payment.

Nice hostel only downfall is no common room but was still a pleasant stay

One of the nicest independent hostels I've stayed in. Decent location, Friendly staff, plenty of bathroom facilities (didn't have to wait for shower once) and very very clean. Highlight was each morning when mama would makes us toast and entertain us! Recommend to anyone going to Venice

We checked in, two college aged girls, and booked a double bed private. When we went to check-in we were offered a seemingly private apartment next door to the main hostel which appeared really nice because he had cancellation, an "upgrade" with a double bed, terrace, and a TV. We later found out it was his apartment that he shares with several other workers from the hostel. We were never given any indication that we would be living in a room in his personal apartment. It was very uncomfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3