Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

We checked in, two college aged girls, and booked a double bed private. When we went to check-in we were offered a seemingly private apartment next door to the main hostel which appeared really nice because he had cancellation, an "upgrade" with a double bed, terrace, and a TV. We later found out it was his apartment that he shares with several other workers from the hostel. We were never given any indication that we would be living in a room in his personal apartment. It was very uncomfortable.

Staff was great, good location (a bit hard to find but if you follow the instructions it's easy), patio was a nice spot to eat and meet other travellers :) the breakfast is just toast and tea or coffee but it's a nice way to start the day! I stay there again

The Santa Maria Novella Train Station is quite near; The sanitary facilities are new. You have your own locker in the room. And I like that it's a very quiet hostel.

A kitchen, but no common lounge room. No where to meet others, except in the bed rooms. One power outlet in room of 4 people. Staff were responsive, as if wanting to assist so you'd go away. Lockers in rooms and great bathrooms. Functional and clean if not needing to connect with others near or far. Brilliant for a hermit/recluse, which describes the staff pretty well.

Good, quiet hostel but a little Difficult to find initially. They upgraded us to a private room For free because the hostel was quiet which was great. Thanks.

I wish there were outlets closer to the beds. I slept on the top bunk, and had to just hope my phone wouldn't die before the next day. Not a very social hostel, as a solo traveler I would have enjoyed more interaction with guests. Not a great pillow, but one of the comfiest beds I have slept in, in a hostel.

This hostel is really conveniently located to the train station. All of the staff were really friendly and really helpful and the hostel was very, very clean. There aren't really many areas to meet people that aren't in your room, but for the location and cleanliness it's absolutely worth it!

The wifi here sucks!! I didn't heed the warnings in other reviews but it's really bad, you have to sit in the hall or the kitchen (which is closed at night to people not on that floor) just to get a signal. The room was nice but one locker had no key so the last person to show up had no security for his things. The first day I was there a bathroom sprung a leak and the hallway was flooded. It was cleaned up quickly. Housekeeping also unmade my bed every day which Seemed really weird

Great place, secure and centrally located. Just a few min walk to main train station. I would stay here again.

We stayed for 3 nights at Emerald fields. Very large room, comfortable and very clean. Nice & helpful staff, very nice breakfast and common area. The ONLY thing was that our room was facing the Main Street so our 1st night was on a Saturday and it was VERY NOISY. Other than that everything was perfect. We met and appreciated a lot Antonio's help (owner), who helped us out on arrival to get us a nicer room, more comfortable and in a great location! Thank you :)

For the cheap price and proximity to the train station this place definitely has plenty of value for money. Florence is so easy to walk though that being close to the station definitely would not be a priority if I was visiting again. The "common room" is just the kitchen area, the walls are very thin and the showers were out of hot water by about 9:30, so I tended to use them in the afternoon instead. The area is not particularly nice, bur there are large lockers and locks for each room.

I really really liked it,it was awesome. The stuff especially during the day was excellent. Internet is mit strong,but ok. People were great! I slept well there. Breskfast was good! Thanks a lot lot lot!

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Awesome hostel with everything you need in a comfortable and clean space! Got upgraded to a private room for no extra charge. The location is honestly the best. Only thing is there is basically no sign outside the door where the hostel is so we walked past it 3 times before a fellow traveller noticed us and helped us out! Very hidden!

I met some awesome people here and had a great time. I did find the staff to be slightly rude and considering almost everyone staying at the hostel was having fun bonding on the back deck, they didn't need to keep quieting us down and telling us we shouldn't be drinking more than a beer or two. It's a hostel full of young people and we were far enough from the rooms. Still, good location and lots of fun people stayed here - Florence is amazing!

A very nice hostel with goo amenities. Particarly like how the cleaning staff makes your bed every day (just a nice touch to come home to!). Absolutely perfect location and central to the city centre and train station.

Really liked this hostel! The only frustrating thing is that the wifi doesn't reach certain rooms. The staff is SO nice and willing to make your stay comfortable. Laundry is overpriced if you need to get any done. The lockers are a plus too. Not to mention, the beds are really comfy! Easy to get to from the train station. (Just make sure you first take a right when walking out and use the McDonalds as a guide. I used the McDs on the left

The hostel, is super nice and in an excellent location! I could stay here everytime I come back to Florence.

It's the first hostel in which they actually protect your luggage from being taken by others!!! Besides it's close to the station, the staff is friendly and efficient, the toilets and room are super clean and spacious, it's everything I needed for my stay and more; it was a great stay!

Great hostel, great location. I would definitely recommend. The staff were very kind and helpful and the breakfast was good.

Everything perfect!! Very clean and nice. Just to say that mi friend dind´t have plenty of hot water in the shower.