Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

Everything perfect!! Very clean and nice. Just to say that mi friend dind´t have plenty of hot water in the shower.

I really enjoyed this hostel and the set up of our room for 5 girls was similar to a loft styled room. The room faced the courtyard and had an amazing view. It was close to many things, like the night market, the duomo, etc. The only downside to the location was that since it was facing popular court yard and a cathedral, it was very noisy during the night. You could hear the people in the streets, the street cleaners, and the bell tower ringing. However, it was, in my opinion, all manageable.

This place was amazing! So centrally located, easy to walk to anywhere from it, plus it was right by the night market. The staff was extremely nice and welcoming too! But my favorite part was our room, it was so perfect, with two beds on bottom and three on the loft above. Super cute decorations and very spacious! Would definitely come back!

• 20th Feb 2015

we went to the wrong place first but Danielle was so nice to email me the new address and everything was so great! The rooms are super clean and the bathroom even had a bidet. I was quite surprised. I can't thank the staff enough. Will recommend for anyone going to Florence

staffs are so kind. even if they are not good at English, they try to do their best.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Lumi, Danielle, and Carlos (a current hosteler from Brazil) were all so kind, helpful, and a joy -- especially Lumi who prepared coffee and breakfast each morning. I will certainly consider a return stay.

About 6 blocks from the station, close to Duomo and excellent manager who is very knowledgable about Florence. Kitchen with microwave, oven, toaster, fridge, and kettle.

Location perfect! Very clean hostel, propably partly because they clean thoroughly every day when nobody is in between 11-14, good thing! Only thing i was missing was a stove for cooking...

Staff was really helpful. Told us the best places to go and let me print off a boarding pass! Wifi worked. Showers were hot. And there was a breakfast! Would stay again!

This place is pretty weird for lack of a better word. The dorm rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms which was good. Florence is pretty overpriced in general so the cost of this place per night is actually pretty good for the area. When we were there, the oven in the kitchen wasn't working and didn't look like it ever would be. The main weird factor for us was the staff, the girl who works the afternoon was so unfriendly and sour I don't think anyone could hate their job more.

Security is very poor, hostel door is always open and unlocked also there are no locks on the room doors. Just a locker is all you have which is a cheap locking system. People can walk in off the street. No bowls in the kitchen, just plates. Its super clean, but they kick you out between 11-2 to do it which is a pain. WIFI dropped in and out heaps at night. Facilities are good, bathrooms great. Guy at reception was helpful. If your sightseeing all day its perfect place to stay.