Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

The location of the hostel is good, close to the station and about 5 minutes walk for the Duomo. There wasn't much atmosphere in this hostel, it wasn't very social. It was really inconvenient being kicked out of the hostel from 11-2 each day as it meant you couldn't come back if you had forgotten something. A key had broken in the front door so it was left open all the time so anyone could walk in. The kitchen doesn't have a stove/oven so you cannot cook anything.

The old building needs urgent renovations. Toilet lights does not works properly, the walls are dirty and peeled. The room that have windows to street are very noisy, hot and have no air conditioner. After ask, they change my room to a better one.

This is a fantastic hostel in a perfect location. 5 mins from the train station and 10 mins from the duomo. The staff were all really friendly and helpful which was great! We got upgraded for free which was awesome. The only negative would be that their is only 2 showers and 2 toilets per level which can make it hectic but it isn't too bad. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Upgraded for same price from a dorm to a private double, however it had no air conditioning and shared a bathroom and kitchen with lots of other people. Plugs did not work with European adapters either.

• 11th Aug 2014

The bathrooms got pretty dirty every night and there was never any toilet paper by the end of the day with no one to replace it.

This hostel had a lot of potential. The staff were not at all pleasant to speak to and were quick to criticise you for being rude when you asked for clarification if you had miss understood something. The atmosphere and communal spaces were all closed early so there is no room to socialise at night. Despite claiming wifi was in all rooms it clearly doesn't reach them all. Instead you would be seen crowding around the middle of a hallway trying to load emails and maps, and that is when it works.

• 2nd Aug 2014

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the front door locked and I was not given a key for my room so the only thing keeping my stuff safe was a locker which my bag just managed to fit into. The breakfast provided is good and the staff were helpful. 10 mins walk from the train station made it very easy to find and then it is very close to the main sights of florence. However the oven for the hostel did not work and I wasn't aware of this until I'd bought food to cook in it :(

The girl at the front desk was a bit rude but it could be a cultural difference. Not enough power outlets and not enough bathrooms.

Nice,clean and exellent location. The staff is amazing. We had a booked a shared room, but it was on the 2nd floor, and since we had huge bagage and there was no elevator, the guy offered us a doble room on the 1st floor for the same price! We didnt konw breakfast was included so it was a nice surprice for us, tea, coffee and toasts. The bathrooms were clean, but in one morning there was no hot water. We talked to them and they sugested to take a shower in the other floor while they resolved it.

Amazing location, clean and well kept rooms and bathrooms, easy and flexible check-in! Cons - stove was not working in kitchen (no cooking facilities) and you were unable to enter or leave the hostel 11-2 due to floors being mopped! Loved our stay. thanks guys :)

• 27th Jul 2014

Good location near the train station and the duomo and nice helpful staff. Bathrooms were nice as well.

I stayed in a 3bed mixed dorm on the second floor. The room was nice and wide. The bed was good and the sheets were clean. There was a locker inside the bedroom but it was not working right. Showers were good also, but it was only 2 in this floor, so it got a little busy in the mornig. The morning staff was not so nice, but the evening staff was really great and helpful.

One of the guys working there could be some little more friendly. Mattress was bad.

Friendly stafff i really enjoy it

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

The place was good but the staff was unpleasant. You can't go in our room between 11am and 2pm. Just because of the wet floor. One guy of the staff didn't allowed me to go upstairs, even if i needed my ID for important stuff. Be careful, if you are looking for a good atmosphere with friendly people, don't go there.

• 15th Jul 2014

My stay at this hostel exceeded expectations. The hostel is very clean and the staff is beyond friendly. Since it is not too big, everyone that stays there is very friendly and tries to know everyone. The cleanliness also exceeded expectations. The only problem was that there is no stove, but that can be replaced with the microwave and a electric pot to boil water. Over all a great hostel, i recommend it! :)

Staff were so friendly and hands on with any help needed. The hostel was so cute and great courtyard for drinking and chilling with friends. Rooms simple clean and comfortable, location great close to the station and walkedng distance from everywhere!

Nice clean, comfortable hostel. The cleaning lock out is a bit inconvenient but the hostel was immaculately clean so worth the wait!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Emerald Fields! The staff was great; Daniel especially helped make us feel at home. The location couldn't be better. It's a 5-10 minute easy walk to the train station and the rest of the city is easily accessible by walking as well. The lockers were big enough to hold my 55 liter backpack. The terrace is a nice place to relax and drink a cup of coffee. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Florence.

Front door does not lock, neither do individual dorm rooms. There is a working lock on the door that separates the lobby from the reception area, but anyone staying in the hostel can walk into your dorm room. Location is great and I had no problems with the staff members, but the security issue was very uncomfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3