Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

The staff were great (maybe a little stressed at times!) but they helped us out a lot.

Nice place to stay while in Florence. Not much to complain about. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was basic and clean. Only complaints is more power outlets would be nice and quiet lockers but would recommend.

The staff were super nice. There were lockers in the rooms and nice shelves. It's in a great neighborhood. Via Faenza has tons of good restaurants. You could rent towels for 1 euro. Single occupancy bathrooms which was nice. The wifi was spotty, though. Basically the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 6th Apr 2014

This was my first my first hostel experience and was very pleased with the service and how safe the hostel was. I liked that they provided a key to the room and individual lockers in the room.

• 5th Apr 2014

This hostel was perfect, the breakfast is good, the only point is that there isn't gas in the kitchen so you can't cook.

Excellent hostel!! It was incredibly clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable! There wasn't a whole lot of interaction with other people staying in the hostel, but that ended up being fine for us. The only downside was that the wifi connection was horrid.

The staff at this hostel were incredibly nice! Especially Maria, she was bendiing over backwards to make everyone breakfast with her lovely smile (she only speaks Italian). We were upgraded to a room with a private bathroom at no extra cost, which was fantastic. The location of this hotel is incredibly close to everything!

I booked 4 mixed dorm but got to stay with 5 prople. The room was good but could not lock the door. Free coffee and toasts.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Thailand

The location is okay, but it could be better. When I stayed there, not many people were in the hostel. But they have only two bathrooms/toilets in the second floor, which I guess can be a problem on high season.

• 3rd Jan 2014

i am happy with the service

• 28th Dec 2013

This was a great place. Clean and fastidious. Free breakfast. They upgraded me to a 3_bed dorm. Due to low season, the hostel was moved to San Lorenzo market street. Great location. My room window overlooks the church....beautiful view. Everything was within walking distance. Due to low occupancy, the hostel lights are always at minimum and heating confined to certain places only. There is a kitchen but no cooker. But the staff are so helpful with everything. It is a nice place to stay.

Second time. Nice. Recommendable

Clean, informative staff, met great people, really enjoyed it. Would stay here again. There was a key to the floor but not each room and we did have a random come into our room and try to get into our locker in the night (it was halloween: drunk, maybe?). On that note, they do have free lockers, so just make sure you bring a lock and you'll be fine. Ours was locked so they left. Highly recommend this place.