Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

Great owner explained us in the first mns how to explore the city and moved us to a large room for 5 days with view on cathedral Medici and a few mns from Duomo. Friendly staff on site.

• 2nd Jan 2016

We left our luggage in storage at Emerald Fields-which was a broom closet that didn't lock. Later, we were informed we'd been moved to Emerald Palace because a large group had come in. We'd reserved a 4 bed w/ bathroom ensuite at Emerald Fields, which was also only available at Emerald Palace. No sheets were provided, wifi was weak & they put us in 6 bed room rather than 4. When we picked up our luggage, no one was there & other guests let us in so we got our luggage before we missed our train.

I was "transfered" to another building. Also close to the railway station. Rooms en suite, nice big rooms for 4 people. No bunk beds you people! something I'm thankful about. Average hostel breakfast. Good hot shower, good cleanliness if you add to that respectful roommates like the ones I had, who cleaned after themselves and didn't leave puddles in the bathroom and hair in the shower. I would strongly recommend this place.

This hostel doesn't exist anymore, they move people to the Emerald Palace, which is very nice, well located and big. I was in a six bed dorm, no bunks and looked like a house, big room, very nice.

This was a nice and sweet hostel. The lady who checked me in was very nice. The hostel was in a great location and the directions helped me to get there from the train station. The rooms are great, but the outlets are on the opposite side of the room from the beds (but that shouldn't be a problem since the only reason to be back in the hostel while in Florence is to sleep!). The location is great and just a short walk from nearly everything you would want to say! I loved it here.

Nice and clean showers and rooms, kinda noisy when people come in late, the corridors are concrete and echo everything. Lockers in room, each bed had a light (mine didn't work), breakfast was basic but free, and the lady serving and cleaning up was the cutest! Walking distance to everything, and cheap considering its in Florence. It's hard to find, some more signage wouldn't help! Turn left off via Nazionale and look for 59, Emerald Fields is written in tiny writing on the doorbell.

By far the cleanest hostel we have been in. It's annoying at first that you have to be out from 11-14, but it's a nice way to get yourself out and wandering earlier. Location is awesome, short walk from the bus/train station, as well as from many prime attractions. I highly recommend staying here and hope to go back!

Decent quiet hostel with a great location. Not much atmosphere, as the only common area was the kitchen. (Kitchen= fridge, kettle and microwave, no stove/oven.) The woman who works in the mornings is super nice.

in general a nice place to stay. Its close to the main train station and its not to far to the city center. When I stayed here there was not that much of a atmosphere there. also not that many people around. otherwise you get a nice locker, a bit spotty wifi but amazing bathrooms.

Clean, nice bedroom, could have been more for breakfast for the price .

I very much enjoyed staying here. The sfaff was friendly and was more than willing to help with anything. The room I stayed in was comfortable as well.

• 9th Oct 2015

nice place to stay. beds are comfortable and not bunks (at least not in the room I was in) . kitchen had a fridge and microwave. breakfast was toast and coffee. the common area was the kitchen and small terrace. close to train station and easy to find. within walking major sites.

Hostel was very clean and very nice. Modern rooms and comfy beds. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing is that there is no sign outside to let you know you have arrived. It says it on a little ringer by the door.

The staff were awesome and exceptionally helpful....especially Lumi at the front desk....the location is ideal and close to all the main sights as well as being located close to great restaurants...I intended to stay for two days but ended up extending my stay to four.I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in florence...Thank you guys for making my stay in Florence Awesome!!

They gave us the room that was not the one we booked, the guy who received us was not so friendly, unlike the lady who was very nice and helpful, I wouldn't recommend it

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

Great location, nice people. The lovely woman there makes breakfast.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The lady who makes you coffee in the morning is a sweetheart! Chill hostel overall. Would stay again :)

The hostel is quite small, the smell at the corridor was bad and we appreciated a lot the "upgrade" of a double room to a twin room with a bathroom to not have to use the outside! In addition, the room/bed had something that let us scratching too much but we cannot know what was!

Good hostel. Staff came across a little rude.

My stay at emerald field was all I was looking for, in that it was a place to stay and keep my things while I explored the city. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms as well. They actually just remade the beds but did wipe down most surfaces during the lock out period (I had to return for something I'd left). There is an older woman working there who will yell at you for random things and the wifi doesn't work in the rooms most of the time. Average, but clean hostel. Staff is ok.