Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

They gave us the room that was not the one we booked, the guy who received us was not so friendly, unlike the lady who was very nice and helpful, I wouldn't recommend it

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel is quite small, the smell at the corridor was bad and we appreciated a lot the "upgrade" of a double room to a twin room with a bathroom to not have to use the outside! In addition, the room/bed had something that let us scratching too much but we cannot know what was!

Good hostel. Staff came across a little rude.

My stay at emerald field was all I was looking for, in that it was a place to stay and keep my things while I explored the city. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms as well. They actually just remade the beds but did wipe down most surfaces during the lock out period (I had to return for something I'd left). There is an older woman working there who will yell at you for random things and the wifi doesn't work in the rooms most of the time. Average, but clean hostel. Staff is ok.

My friend and i were lucky to get upgraded to a privte rom which was lovely.It was Very clean and the staff really helpfulhelpful with luggage storage. Its really close to the main station and about 20-30mins walk to many main attractions. You have to leave the hostel for a few hours for cleaning during the day but you would be out exploring anyway. Not a party hostel, no a huge social atmosphere if that's what youre looking for.

Very good location - walking distance from train station. Nice staff. Free upgrade from 4 person to 2 person dorm Thank you!!

Our stay was awesome! Very clean hostel, washrooms beautiful. Lady at front desk was amazing and super helpful. Would recommend staying here!

This is a great hostel in a great place. The lady who runs it is exceptionally kind and helpful. Comfortable beds and individual lockers...I'd stay here again.

This was my first hostel and the woman who runs it was very friendly. Everything clean and beds comfy but wifi spotty in common area. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

No complaints. A/C worked. WIFI worked. What else do we need as travelers??? Staff was helpful as well. A+

I stayed in emerald plaza I like this place it has that small hostel vibe.. It's good for solo travellers because you will meet plenty of people just chilling out on the balcony Rooms are huge. Bathrooms are the cleanest you will find. Staff are friendly and helpful The only negative for me was that the air con is set to 25 from the office and it would be cooler with the window open Also the lockout for cleaning is a bit of a pain if you've had a big night but they are fairly relaxed with it

Great location! Close to station, restaurants, shopping and laundry. Rooms varied, some are better than others. I got one of the not so good rooms, but it was still ok. Bunk beds were really squeeky though, if you're a light sleeper you have been warned :) Place is clean and spotless! The lady (we called her Mama) makes you coffee and toast in the morning and is overall the best part of this place! The lockout between 11am-2pm is kinda annoying, but everyone is out by then anyways.

• 17th Aug 2015

Lovely cheap and sociable hostel. Very clean shared bathrooms. Lock out time for dorms is a bit annoying. Nice to have an outside common area to eat / chill. Location is ok, in the back streets but fine because florence is so small easy to walk everywhere still. Would recommend and stay again!

Only stayed 1 night here but had a single bed room with an ensuite which was fantastic. The breakfast in the morning was nice whilst simple. Toast, jams/Nutella, biscuits and tea or coffee. I was appreciative that the morning staff member allowed me to come back to use the common area on the day of my departure. However the male receptionist in the afternoon was quite rude when he realised what I was doing. Even though I had permission. Located close to the train station & many attractions

Ok hostel, great location. The wifi signal was not very good in my room, otherwise everything was ok.

Once you fine the hostel, it wasn't very obvious from the street, the hostel was lovely. It was really clean and comfortable. The location is great. The staff were helpfull, the lovely Italian mama who was there to serve breakfast in the morning was beyond amazing she treated us all like her own children giving us kisses as we said goodbye. :)

The location is brilliant - very close to the station and main sites. Free breakfast was: toast, biscotti, coffee; the lady who made it was lovely - she wouldn't let you lift a finger to help and had learnt my name. The map is also really good as the main sites are enlarged. Bathrooms were good and didn't really have to wait for one. WiFi is patchy and doesn't reach some rooms but was bearable. Not all rooms have aircon but they have fans which I thought was fine.

• 9th Aug 2015

Great location near SMN station and the duomo, however not many signs outside the hostel so look carefully as you walk down the road. The place is clean and the rooms are nice. lockers are included as well. staff are lovely, especially the woman who made us breakfast who was great! really enjoyed the stay.

The lady who made us breakfast and coffee in the morning was lovely, but the young boy who checked us in was not friendly, welcoming or helpful. Very clean rooms with everything you need and great air con.

The only thing that made my stay here bearable was the other nice guests. The staff are terrible, rude and are very reluctant to help you in any way. The room I stayed in was right next to an extremely loud street all night long. The only room that was and also the only room that had no aircon in the hottest section of the building. All the other rooms had aircon and were already cool because of their position inside the complex and not noisy. Only stay here for the location. Terrible hostel.

• 7th Aug 2015