Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

Location perfect! Very clean hostel, propably partly because they clean thoroughly every day when nobody is in between 11-14, good thing! Only thing i was missing was a stove for cooking...

Staff was really helpful. Told us the best places to go and let me print off a boarding pass! Wifi worked. Showers were hot. And there was a breakfast! Would stay again!

This place is pretty weird for lack of a better word. The dorm rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms which was good. Florence is pretty overpriced in general so the cost of this place per night is actually pretty good for the area. When we were there, the oven in the kitchen wasn't working and didn't look like it ever would be. The main weird factor for us was the staff, the girl who works the afternoon was so unfriendly and sour I don't think anyone could hate their job more.

Security is very poor, hostel door is always open and unlocked also there are no locks on the room doors. Just a locker is all you have which is a cheap locking system. People can walk in off the street. No bowls in the kitchen, just plates. Its super clean, but they kick you out between 11-2 to do it which is a pain. WIFI dropped in and out heaps at night. Facilities are good, bathrooms great. Guy at reception was helpful. If your sightseeing all day its perfect place to stay.

Location of the hostel was perfect. Rooms were clean and it's great that lockers are provided. However, the bathrooms should be stocked with additional toilet paper (I went to use the bathroom one morning and there was no toilet paper. Cleaning staff should be a little more aware of this potential situation when cleaning).

Good overall, kitchen is a bit lacking. Can't use more than one electrical point at a time which is frustrating.

The hostel is just OK. Location is quite good, rooms and bathrooms and toilets in general are what you can expect for that price. Just the staff is not as friendly as you would like. After my stay, my train would leave five hours after my check out, so I was planning to stay there at the lobby using the wifi and killing some time, but the staff told me I couldn't stay there, cause I was "no guest anymore"

Hostel was not bad...decent spot. They have a ridiculous rule where you have to leave the hostel from 11am-2pm. Even if you have a private room they literally force you out the door. The female staff were nice, the one male staff was rude. They also do not let you drink.

Hello, you know from the website about the lock out for cleaning, and more than that, we didn't kick you out, you staid in the room whit you're friend, even we told you is not possible to drink more than one beer in the hostel you get drunk in the mix room with other 2 friends and you disturb the other guy until he left the room, you left all the beer cans in the room and disturb all the hostel, we are sorry if you think we were rude...

Only stayed one night because I wanted an extra day in Florence. Had multiple keys to get into the hostel, the upstairs area, and my room. Stayed in a 5 person room where everyone was friendly. Didn't get to know the place that well seeing how I was leaving early the next morning and had a lot to plan the night before. I'm pretty sure it was located in an area with lots of college students studying abroad. Close to mercato centrale and many restaurants/bars. About 5 min walk from train station

Phenomenal location close by the train station, easy to find. All the major sights were within walking distance, and there was a very nice traditional market close by.

Location is good. But no WIFI in the room. And, it is a little bit hard to find.

I went here with my mum and had a really pleasant stay. We had originally booked a three bedroom mixed but upon our arrival the lady was nice enough to move us to a private one for just us. We had a sink and aircon which was great! The bathrooms are shared but she always keeps everything super clean! Overall for us it was a great hostel but i think if you plan to meet and have fun in the actual hostel it won't work for you that well.

The location of the hostel is good, close to the station and about 5 minutes walk for the Duomo. There wasn't much atmosphere in this hostel, it wasn't very social. It was really inconvenient being kicked out of the hostel from 11-2 each day as it meant you couldn't come back if you had forgotten something. A key had broken in the front door so it was left open all the time so anyone could walk in. The kitchen doesn't have a stove/oven so you cannot cook anything.

The old building needs urgent renovations. Toilet lights does not works properly, the walls are dirty and peeled. The room that have windows to street are very noisy, hot and have no air conditioner. After ask, they change my room to a better one.

This is a fantastic hostel in a perfect location. 5 mins from the train station and 10 mins from the duomo. The staff were all really friendly and helpful which was great! We got upgraded for free which was awesome. The only negative would be that their is only 2 showers and 2 toilets per level which can make it hectic but it isn't too bad. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Upgraded for same price from a dorm to a private double, however it had no air conditioning and shared a bathroom and kitchen with lots of other people. Plugs did not work with European adapters either.

• 11th Aug 2014

The bathrooms got pretty dirty every night and there was never any toilet paper by the end of the day with no one to replace it.

This hostel had a lot of potential. The staff were not at all pleasant to speak to and were quick to criticise you for being rude when you asked for clarification if you had miss understood something. The atmosphere and communal spaces were all closed early so there is no room to socialise at night. Despite claiming wifi was in all rooms it clearly doesn't reach them all. Instead you would be seen crowding around the middle of a hallway trying to load emails and maps, and that is when it works.

• 2nd Aug 2014

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the front door locked and I was not given a key for my room so the only thing keeping my stuff safe was a locker which my bag just managed to fit into. The breakfast provided is good and the staff were helpful. 10 mins walk from the train station made it very easy to find and then it is very close to the main sights of florence. However the oven for the hostel did not work and I wasn't aware of this until I'd bought food to cook in it :(

The girl at the front desk was a bit rude but it could be a cultural difference. Not enough power outlets and not enough bathrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3