Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the front door locked and I was not given a key for my room so the only thing keeping my stuff safe was a locker which my bag just managed to fit into. The breakfast provided is good and the staff were helpful. 10 mins walk from the train station made it very easy to find and then it is very close to the main sights of florence. However the oven for the hostel did not work and I wasn't aware of this until I'd bought food to cook in it :(

The girl at the front desk was a bit rude but it could be a cultural difference. Not enough power outlets and not enough bathrooms.

Nice,clean and exellent location. The staff is amazing. We had a booked a shared room, but it was on the 2nd floor, and since we had huge bagage and there was no elevator, the guy offered us a doble room on the 1st floor for the same price! We didnt konw breakfast was included so it was a nice surprice for us, tea, coffee and toasts. The bathrooms were clean, but in one morning there was no hot water. We talked to them and they sugested to take a shower in the other floor while they resolved it.

Amazing location, clean and well kept rooms and bathrooms, easy and flexible check-in! Cons - stove was not working in kitchen (no cooking facilities) and you were unable to enter or leave the hostel 11-2 due to floors being mopped! Loved our stay. thanks guys :)

• 27th Jul 2014

Good location near the train station and the duomo and nice helpful staff. Bathrooms were nice as well.

I stayed in a 3bed mixed dorm on the second floor. The room was nice and wide. The bed was good and the sheets were clean. There was a locker inside the bedroom but it was not working right. Showers were good also, but it was only 2 in this floor, so it got a little busy in the mornig. The morning staff was not so nice, but the evening staff was really great and helpful.

One of the guys working there could be some little more friendly. Mattress was bad.

Friendly stafff i really enjoy it

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

The place was good but the staff was unpleasant. You can't go in our room between 11am and 2pm. Just because of the wet floor. One guy of the staff didn't allowed me to go upstairs, even if i needed my ID for important stuff. Be careful, if you are looking for a good atmosphere with friendly people, don't go there.

• 15th Jul 2014

My stay at this hostel exceeded expectations. The hostel is very clean and the staff is beyond friendly. Since it is not too big, everyone that stays there is very friendly and tries to know everyone. The cleanliness also exceeded expectations. The only problem was that there is no stove, but that can be replaced with the microwave and a electric pot to boil water. Over all a great hostel, i recommend it! :)

Staff were so friendly and hands on with any help needed. The hostel was so cute and great courtyard for drinking and chilling with friends. Rooms simple clean and comfortable, location great close to the station and walkedng distance from everywhere!

Nice clean, comfortable hostel. The cleaning lock out is a bit inconvenient but the hostel was immaculately clean so worth the wait!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Emerald Fields! The staff was great; Daniel especially helped make us feel at home. The location couldn't be better. It's a 5-10 minute easy walk to the train station and the rest of the city is easily accessible by walking as well. The lockers were big enough to hold my 55 liter backpack. The terrace is a nice place to relax and drink a cup of coffee. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Florence.

Front door does not lock, neither do individual dorm rooms. There is a working lock on the door that separates the lobby from the reception area, but anyone staying in the hostel can walk into your dorm room. Location is great and I had no problems with the staff members, but the security issue was very uncomfortable.

nice hostel, my room did not have a key so people could come in and out as they pleased. had a mandatory lock out period from 11AM-2PM which is a pain sometimes. had a free small breakfast, not really filling though. not bad considering Florence is really expensive.

It was close to the train station which was a plus, but they don't give you room keys...

It;s ok, good place to stay. Not amazing, not bad. Staff was very friendly.

We had a terrible stay at Emerald Fields. There is only one person working at a time, so they have to do everything and they are very disorganized. My shoes went missing after the lock out cleaning one day, and when I asked the reception for them, the worker told me I must have stolen those shoes because that's not the bed I was staying in. When he checked us in, he didn't even show us around the hostel, so how would he know what bed I was staying in. Would never stay there again!

The staff was extremely unfriendly. We were told to be at the hostel at a certain time after a full day of travel to check in and get our room and the staff member checking us in was not only late but ate a sandwich and mopped the floors before he would show us our room. The hostel is also not a friendly place to meet other people traveling. Finally false advertising led us to believe there were emerald fields.... There were none

The staff could have been a lot friendlier more welcoming. The location is the best part of the hostel. The lockers in the room are very run down- mine was practically broken. It wasn't the greatest hostel I stayed at but everything was clean and what not.