Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

The bathrooms got pretty dirty every night and there was never any toilet paper by the end of the day with no one to replace it.

This hostel had a lot of potential. The staff were not at all pleasant to speak to and were quick to criticise you for being rude when you asked for clarification if you had miss understood something. The atmosphere and communal spaces were all closed early so there is no room to socialise at night. Despite claiming wifi was in all rooms it clearly doesn't reach them all. Instead you would be seen crowding around the middle of a hallway trying to load emails and maps, and that is when it works.

• 2nd Aug 2014

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the front door locked and I was not given a key for my room so the only thing keeping my stuff safe was a locker which my bag just managed to fit into. The breakfast provided is good and the staff were helpful. 10 mins walk from the train station made it very easy to find and then it is very close to the main sights of florence. However the oven for the hostel did not work and I wasn't aware of this until I'd bought food to cook in it :(

The girl at the front desk was a bit rude but it could be a cultural difference. Not enough power outlets and not enough bathrooms.

Nice,clean and exellent location. The staff is amazing. We had a booked a shared room, but it was on the 2nd floor, and since we had huge bagage and there was no elevator, the guy offered us a doble room on the 1st floor for the same price! We didnt konw breakfast was included so it was a nice surprice for us, tea, coffee and toasts. The bathrooms were clean, but in one morning there was no hot water. We talked to them and they sugested to take a shower in the other floor while they resolved it.

1 2 Next » last »