Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

nice hostel, my room did not have a key so people could come in and out as they pleased. had a mandatory lock out period from 11AM-2PM which is a pain sometimes. had a free small breakfast, not really filling though. not bad considering Florence is really expensive.

It was close to the train station which was a plus, but they don't give you room keys...

It;s ok, good place to stay. Not amazing, not bad. Staff was very friendly.

We had a terrible stay at Emerald Fields. There is only one person working at a time, so they have to do everything and they are very disorganized. My shoes went missing after the lock out cleaning one day, and when I asked the reception for them, the worker told me I must have stolen those shoes because that's not the bed I was staying in. When he checked us in, he didn't even show us around the hostel, so how would he know what bed I was staying in. Would never stay there again!

The staff was extremely unfriendly. We were told to be at the hostel at a certain time after a full day of travel to check in and get our room and the staff member checking us in was not only late but ate a sandwich and mopped the floors before he would show us our room. The hostel is also not a friendly place to meet other people traveling. Finally false advertising led us to believe there were emerald fields.... There were none

The staff could have been a lot friendlier more welcoming. The location is the best part of the hostel. The lockers in the room are very run down- mine was practically broken. It wasn't the greatest hostel I stayed at but everything was clean and what not.

Would probably not stay again, I've heard there are better hostels and would look for one. Beds are all lined up right next to each other. No way to really meet people just basically a place to crash. Very, eh.

They were very adamant about kicking you out during cleaning time which inconveniently starts at 11 am until 2 pm. We paid a lot for the hostel and I don't appreciate being kicked out for such a long time everyday. The location was ok but the rooms were nice and felt very Tuscan.

Hostel screwed up our booking from a twin room ensuite to a twin room shared bathroom but was kind enough to offer a discount

Front door and room door have no locks but you do get your own locker. Location is great and very central. Breakfast is only two small slices of white toast and cookies, so you may want to buy more stuff for yourself.

I must say that my stay was very good the location is excellent with clean rooms and clean enough bathrooms, the atmosphere is good and I should mention that in terms of staff, who worth it the most, is Daniel the Mexican guy, who is at the reception, he is a great guy, that can help you choose the best option in your days in Tuscany and have a great chat after a day of touring in the beautiful Florence

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

I can't say enough about the location. It's within walking distance to the train station and everything else in Florence you could want to see. That being said, I would rather stay on the steps on the Uffizzi than stay here again. There is no air conditioning, so you have to leave your windows open at night and get eaten alive by mosquitos. There are only 3 one person bathrooms in the whole place so you have to fight people for a shower in the morning and night. I would never stay here again.

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at Emerald Fields. It's really close to the central market and leather market and a walk away from everything else, which is sort of a default in Florence since the city is pretty small. The bed are ridiculously comfortable. Our room didn't lock which was a bit odd. But other than that they have a nice back patio, well lit hostel and a friendly staff. I did my laundry here and it was ridiculously easy and done better than I expected - they do it all for you!

I don't leave reviews, but my friend and I just stayed here and had the best hostel stay we have ever experienced! Definitely recommended, especially for groups. Very close to the train station and the duomo :)

• 1st Jun 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The kitchen was a great place to meet other travelers. And it seems that everyone staying here were travelers which is nice because you are able to meet a lot of people to travel with.

I was very disappointed upon entering this place to discover a severe lack of emeralds and fields. I also think this hostel needs to redefine its idea of how a dorm room should be set up. Rather than have 3 beds right next to each other (making for extremely uncomfortable pillow talk with someone you just met 5 minutes ago) it's probably a better idea to have bunks so at least there's an illusion of privacy. Also ventilation was lacking a bit, the stench of stinky feet was not a nice aroma.

It was a little tricky to find the place because it doesn't have a sign on the side of the building, only on the buzzer box by the door. And the street numbering is out of order. But the room was good enough. It had lockers but not the kind you can put your own lock on. There's a kitchen downstairs and fridges on each floor if you want to make your own food. Staff was nice and helpful, but I don't think they're there all night.

Good stay. As was clearly outlined in the description, this is not a hostel; it is an apartment that is rented out to travellers. I was in a comfortable room with 3 beds. Antonio, the owner was super friendly and helpful! We made a deal for a towel (I lost mine at my previous hostel) and when I wanted to stay a third night, we made yet another deal. Nice and flexible; he even offered to let me keep my luggage in the apartment overnight if I wanted to spend a night hiking Cinque Terre, no charge!

Great location 5 min. from train station and walking distance to everything there. I would recommend the hostel.

the shower in the big bathroom on the ground floor needs replacement, poor water pressure