Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

Great location with lockers, great atmosphere. Only downpoint is wifi is not as good in the rooms, but great place to stay and good place for the money.

The hostel itself is very pretty and clean. Staff was helpful but not very interactive. Security was kinda odd. We felt very safe and secure but the facility itself was never locked and easy to acces.

We had the private ensuite, and found it comfortable though quite small. The location was great as it was very near the train station, the central market Mercato Centrale, and the Duomo. Most of the tourist sites are within walking distance. Although our booking excludes breakfast, Danial was kind enough to invite us to join for coffee and biscuits, that was nice. Main door into the building should not be left unlocked all the time and the door upstairs should not be left open in the mornings.

Nice hostel very close to the station. The bathrooms are on the corridor, but there are enough of them so I never had to wait. It's a fairly quiet hostel with only the kitchen as a common room, but I really enjoyed it. I met a lot of great people in my room, and I could still enjoy a good night's sleep because there was hardly any noise. There are lockers in the room and even air conditioning. The lady making the breakfast is very cheerful and made my day!

This hostel is an easy walk from the train station, which is sometimes the most important consideration when you are lugging around bags or a backpack. It's also a pretty good hostel. It's quiet and clean. It's a smaller hostel, but it seems to usually have beds available when my preferred hostel is booked up. The internet connection was good when I was there. They have some policies with respect to after-hours access to kitchen and patio I don't like.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very pleasant stay! 5-10 walk from the train station Very clean, rooms are WELL AIR-CONDITIONED (you have to ask reception to turn it on for you) and the lockers in the room are spacious enough for more than all your valuables. Rather quiet hostel, perfect for a break from the busy/loud areas. Full laundry facilities (€10), luggage storage, and fridge for groceries but NO stove. Make sure you know the address number or you'll have trouble finding it because there's not a big sign for it.

No Air conditioning (but advertises AC) Internet didn't work on 1st floor for the first day and then when it was "fixed" it didn't have a signal in the room so you had to loiter in a narrow hallway to connect. The rooms were stiflingly hot. If I go back to Florence, I will not stay here. I don't always need to have all amenities, but when I pay for them, I expect them.

The location was excellent. Bathrooms were clean :) It was just really hot in the room at night

It was clean, big, and every bed has a decent locker to store your things. However, it could be so much better. If only it had friendlier staff and accepted credit cards for payment.

Nice hostel only downfall is no common room but was still a pleasant stay

One of the nicest independent hostels I've stayed in. Decent location, Friendly staff, plenty of bathroom facilities (didn't have to wait for shower once) and very very clean. Highlight was each morning when mama would makes us toast and entertain us! Recommend to anyone going to Venice

We checked in, two college aged girls, and booked a double bed private. When we went to check-in we were offered a seemingly private apartment next door to the main hostel which appeared really nice because he had cancellation, an "upgrade" with a double bed, terrace, and a TV. We later found out it was his apartment that he shares with several other workers from the hostel. We were never given any indication that we would be living in a room in his personal apartment. It was very uncomfortable.

This hostel has great potential, with the clean rooms, good facilities and decent location, however the atmosphere lets it down and the place felt like a ghost town the 4 days I was there. I think that the hostel itself can do way more to improve this aspect - run a bar crawl, free city walking tour, give the people who are staying an option - especially during the evenings! That said, staff were helpful and the beds were good!

Liked: short walking distance from railway station and Duomo area, received free map at arrival and friendly staff took time to point all main sights, included breakfast, several bathrooms, clean, patio. Disliked: wifi not working in the room

Staff was great, good location (a bit hard to find but if you follow the instructions it's easy), patio was a nice spot to eat and meet other travellers :) the breakfast is just toast and tea or coffee but it's a nice way to start the day! I stay there again

The Santa Maria Novella Train Station is quite near; The sanitary facilities are new. You have your own locker in the room. And I like that it's a very quiet hostel.

A kitchen, but no common lounge room. No where to meet others, except in the bed rooms. One power outlet in room of 4 people. Staff were responsive, as if wanting to assist so you'd go away. Lockers in rooms and great bathrooms. Functional and clean if not needing to connect with others near or far. Brilliant for a hermit/recluse, which describes the staff pretty well.

Good, quiet hostel but a little Difficult to find initially. They upgraded us to a private room For free because the hostel was quiet which was great. Thanks.

I wish there were outlets closer to the beds. I slept on the top bunk, and had to just hope my phone wouldn't die before the next day. Not a very social hostel, as a solo traveler I would have enjoyed more interaction with guests. Not a great pillow, but one of the comfiest beds I have slept in, in a hostel.

This hostel is really conveniently located to the train station. All of the staff were really friendly and really helpful and the hostel was very, very clean. There aren't really many areas to meet people that aren't in your room, but for the location and cleanliness it's absolutely worth it!