Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

My friend and i were lucky to get upgraded to a privte rom which was lovely.It was Very clean and the staff really helpfulhelpful with luggage storage. Its really close to the main station and about 20-30mins walk to many main attractions. You have to leave the hostel for a few hours for cleaning during the day but you would be out exploring anyway. Not a party hostel, no a huge social atmosphere if that's what youre looking for.

The stuff is really nice and helpful, The cleaning that because of it we suppose to leave the rooms wasn't that clean.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Israel

Lumy was the best of the best, she saved my experience there. The other employee, a young man, though was rude, tough and didn't have the slightest idea of the how to deal with customers: he would spend his time playing video games on the computer and didn't like to be bothered. The day of my check-out I had to pick up my luggage (as they let you leave it there for a price) and I had to look for him, because he wasn't at reception, and when he saw me, he simply yelled at me "WE OPEN 2 O'CLOCK".

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Argentina

Very good location - walking distance from train station. Nice staff. Free upgrade from 4 person to 2 person dorm Thank you!!

Our stay was awesome! Very clean hostel, washrooms beautiful. Lady at front desk was amazing and super helpful. Would recommend staying here!

This is a great hostel in a great place. The lady who runs it is exceptionally kind and helpful. Comfortable beds and individual lockers...I'd stay here again.

This was my first hostel and the woman who runs it was very friendly. Everything clean and beds comfy but wifi spotty in common area. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

This hostel is quite nice, its location is the best part, pretty close of everything in the center area by walking distance.

No complaints. A/C worked. WIFI worked. What else do we need as travelers??? Staff was helpful as well. A+

I stayed in emerald plaza I like this place it has that small hostel vibe.. It's good for solo travellers because you will meet plenty of people just chilling out on the balcony Rooms are huge. Bathrooms are the cleanest you will find. Staff are friendly and helpful The only negative for me was that the air con is set to 25 from the office and it would be cooler with the window open Also the lockout for cleaning is a bit of a pain if you've had a big night but they are fairly relaxed with it

Expensive but great location. Hostel was pretty much empty due to closing so atmosphere was awful. Good kitchen facilities, nice beds and bedding. AC is controlled by staff and is only turned on at request and they turn it off when they feel like it which isn't ideal during the real hot weather. WIFI is fine. Some staff were rude but some were great!! I'd go elsewhere if I was in Florence again.

Great location! Close to station, restaurants, shopping and laundry. Rooms varied, some are better than others. I got one of the not so good rooms, but it was still ok. Bunk beds were really squeeky though, if you're a light sleeper you have been warned :) Place is clean and spotless! The lady (we called her Mama) makes you coffee and toast in the morning and is overall the best part of this place! The lockout between 11am-2pm is kinda annoying, but everyone is out by then anyways.

• 17th Aug 2015

Lovely cheap and sociable hostel. Very clean shared bathrooms. Lock out time for dorms is a bit annoying. Nice to have an outside common area to eat / chill. Location is ok, in the back streets but fine because florence is so small easy to walk everywhere still. Would recommend and stay again!

Only stayed 1 night here but had a single bed room with an ensuite which was fantastic. The breakfast in the morning was nice whilst simple. Toast, jams/Nutella, biscuits and tea or coffee. I was appreciative that the morning staff member allowed me to come back to use the common area on the day of my departure. However the male receptionist in the afternoon was quite rude when he realised what I was doing. Even though I had permission. Located close to the train station & many attractions

Ok hostel, great location. The wifi signal was not very good in my room, otherwise everything was ok.

Once you fine the hostel, it wasn't very obvious from the street, the hostel was lovely. It was really clean and comfortable. The location is great. The staff were helpfull, the lovely Italian mama who was there to serve breakfast in the morning was beyond amazing she treated us all like her own children giving us kisses as we said goodbye. :)

1 2 Next » last »