Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

The wifi here sucks!! I didn't heed the warnings in other reviews but it's really bad, you have to sit in the hall or the kitchen (which is closed at night to people not on that floor) just to get a signal. The room was nice but one locker had no key so the last person to show up had no security for his things. The first day I was there a bathroom sprung a leak and the hallway was flooded. It was cleaned up quickly. Housekeeping also unmade my bed every day which Seemed really weird

Great place, secure and centrally located. Just a few min walk to main train station. I would stay here again.

We stayed for 3 nights at Emerald fields. Very large room, comfortable and very clean. Nice & helpful staff, very nice breakfast and common area. The ONLY thing was that our room was facing the Main Street so our 1st night was on a Saturday and it was VERY NOISY. Other than that everything was perfect. We met and appreciated a lot Antonio's help (owner), who helped us out on arrival to get us a nicer room, more comfortable and in a great location! Thank you :)

One night stay was great. Personal lockers, clean room and great kitchen facilities. Smaller hostel than most but met some great people :)

For the cheap price and proximity to the train station this place definitely has plenty of value for money. Florence is so easy to walk though that being close to the station definitely would not be a priority if I was visiting again. The "common room" is just the kitchen area, the walls are very thin and the showers were out of hot water by about 9:30, so I tended to use them in the afternoon instead. The area is not particularly nice, bur there are large lockers and locks for each room.

I really really liked it,it was awesome. The stuff especially during the day was excellent. Internet is mit strong,but ok. People were great! I slept well there. Breskfast was good! Thanks a lot lot lot!

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Awesome hostel with everything you need in a comfortable and clean space! Got upgraded to a private room for no extra charge. The location is honestly the best. Only thing is there is basically no sign outside the door where the hostel is so we walked past it 3 times before a fellow traveller noticed us and helped us out! Very hidden!

I met some awesome people here and had a great time. I did find the staff to be slightly rude and considering almost everyone staying at the hostel was having fun bonding on the back deck, they didn't need to keep quieting us down and telling us we shouldn't be drinking more than a beer or two. It's a hostel full of young people and we were far enough from the rooms. Still, good location and lots of fun people stayed here - Florence is amazing!

A very nice hostel with goo amenities. Particarly like how the cleaning staff makes your bed every day (just a nice touch to come home to!). Absolutely perfect location and central to the city centre and train station.

Really liked this hostel! The only frustrating thing is that the wifi doesn't reach certain rooms. The staff is SO nice and willing to make your stay comfortable. Laundry is overpriced if you need to get any done. The lockers are a plus too. Not to mention, the beds are really comfy! Easy to get to from the train station. (Just make sure you first take a right when walking out and use the McDonalds as a guide. I used the McDs on the left

The hostel, is super nice and in an excellent location! I could stay here everytime I come back to Florence.

It's the first hostel in which they actually protect your luggage from being taken by others!!! Besides it's close to the station, the staff is friendly and efficient, the toilets and room are super clean and spacious, it's everything I needed for my stay and more; it was a great stay!

Great hostel, great location. I would definitely recommend. The staff were very kind and helpful and the breakfast was good.

Everything perfect!! Very clean and nice. Just to say that mi friend dind´t have plenty of hot water in the shower.

I really enjoyed this hostel and the set up of our room for 5 girls was similar to a loft styled room. The room faced the courtyard and had an amazing view. It was close to many things, like the night market, the duomo, etc. The only downside to the location was that since it was facing popular court yard and a cathedral, it was very noisy during the night. You could hear the people in the streets, the street cleaners, and the bell tower ringing. However, it was, in my opinion, all manageable.

This place was amazing! So centrally located, easy to walk to anywhere from it, plus it was right by the night market. The staff was extremely nice and welcoming too! But my favorite part was our room, it was so perfect, with two beds on bottom and three on the loft above. Super cute decorations and very spacious! Would definitely come back!

• 20th Feb 2015