Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

Good stay. As was clearly outlined in the description, this is not a hostel; it is an apartment that is rented out to travellers. I was in a comfortable room with 3 beds. Antonio, the owner was super friendly and helpful! We made a deal for a towel (I lost mine at my previous hostel) and when I wanted to stay a third night, we made yet another deal. Nice and flexible; he even offered to let me keep my luggage in the apartment overnight if I wanted to spend a night hiking Cinque Terre, no charge!

Great location 5 min. from train station and walking distance to everything there. I would recommend the hostel.

the shower in the big bathroom on the ground floor needs replacement, poor water pressure

First hostel I have visited in my travels that has a mandatory "lock out" - which is fantastic as this allows for staff to maintain its extreme cleanliness - Well done. Staff were great people very accomdating - made me feel welcome. Rooms, facilities were what are expected in a hostel, comfortable rooms with lots of space. One minor improvement would be to fix the lockers in te "5 bed dorm on the second level as you enter from the stairs" require fixing or replacing. Location is fantastic!

The free breakfast is coffee, cookies, and toast. The last day I was there they had run out of bread. The rooms are clean, bathrooms not bad considering how many people share them. They also kick you out in the middle of the day to clean. Only hostel I've stayed in that didnt have a separate cleaning staff. Only saw 2 guys working the entire time. WiFi works in the kitchen, very spotty upstairs. Shout out to DANIEL at the reception. Really friendly and helpful. Highlight of the hostel

Very nice hostel, clean and they provide you with a lot of useful inormation. Th receptionit in the evening wa very kind. Breakfast is a bit limitated, for th price of the hostel you should have a bit more options, first day did not even have toast, only cookies. The little garden is very nice to have. All in all very goo but a bit expensive for shared rooms.

This was my least favorite hostel on my 11-week European tour. The staff was rude, the place wasn't very clean, no door locks and there's a weird policy where you're not allowed to be in the hostel from 11:00 to 2:00 while they clean. I wanted to come back to use the bathroom and get something out of my bag and I was basically told to go away. I had to sneak in (security was pretty poor). I'm no doctor either, but I'm pretty sure this was where I caught strep throat. I would NOT stay here again.

One of my favorite hostels on my month long trip. My boyfriend and I booked two beds in a 3 bedroom and were upgraded to a private double for free! The rooms were colorful and clean while the bathrooms were fairly spacious and also clean. Great stay!

One shower collected 3 inches of water when you showered. In the other, the shower head was broke and you had to hold it up with one hand, while trying to rinse off your hair with the other. Wi-fi was terrible, had to walk up and down the hall to find a hot spot and stand to use it. Had lockers, but bring your own lock - P.E.. style lockers. Within walking distance of pretty much everything. About 15 minute walk from train station when carrying luggage. Does have a kitchen.

Good hostel although it may seen far from the attractions it is really close and in a safe neighbourhood.

I loved this place. I was very relieved to arrive and immediately feel safe and welcomed. I did not meet the owner, but the boys who were staffing the hostel were so friendly and helpful, especially Angel. The only thing I wish had been different were the strength of the wireless signal and the lack of towels. Other than that, it was well worth the fee. Thank you for a great time!

• 14th Apr 2014

Overall a good hostel, but we had an issue with one of the staff members during the morning. We tried to pay for our stay three times and the front desk didn't have change any of the times. The third time, I was a little frustrated and made that known, and the front desk worker went off on me for expecting him to have change early in the morning. I understand that, but his attitude was not professional. Also, breakfast was supposed to be ready at 8 but it wasn't until 8:20 which made me late.

Great stay great location awesome staff minus one bad apple. The lockout is inconvenient but honestly if you're touring around Florence you shouldn't be laying around from 11-2 anyway

We had a good time for the money. It's well located close to the train station and the city center: In Florence you can easily walk everywhere. It's not really quiet in the nights and there are surprisingly lots of mosquitos. Lockout for cleaning 11am-14pm! There are only 4 Bathrooms (Shower/Toilet) for the entire hostel, so you often have to wait a bit. Breakfast is not included(!), but you can possibly get some coffee, cookies and toast between 8-10am. The staff was very nice. Wifi worked.

Emerald Fields was very clean and very safe, which are the most important features for me when booking a hostel. Bed linens were changed everyday, and since cleaning period is from 11-2 every day the bathrooms are clean and stocked, kitchen and rest of hostel was spotless as well. I found the hostel very safe, although you can't lock the door to the room, lockers are provided in each room. In addition, the outside patio is lovely and great to chill. Staff is friendly too! I highly recommend!

The staff were great (maybe a little stressed at times!) but they helped us out a lot.

Nice place to stay while in Florence. Not much to complain about. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was basic and clean. Only complaints is more power outlets would be nice and quiet lockers but would recommend.

The staff were super nice. There were lockers in the rooms and nice shelves. It's in a great neighborhood. Via Faenza has tons of good restaurants. You could rent towels for 1 euro. Single occupancy bathrooms which was nice. The wifi was spotty, though. Basically the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 6th Apr 2014

This was my first my first hostel experience and was very pleased with the service and how safe the hostel was. I liked that they provided a key to the room and individual lockers in the room.

• 5th Apr 2014

This hostel was perfect, the breakfast is good, the only point is that there isn't gas in the kitchen so you can't cook.

1 2 3 Next » last »