Emerald Fields Reviews

Via Guelfa, 59, Florence, Italy

The location was excellent. Bathrooms were clean :) It was just really hot in the room at night

It was clean, big, and every bed has a decent locker to store your things. However, it could be so much better. If only it had friendlier staff and accepted credit cards for payment.

Nice hostel only downfall is no common room but was still a pleasant stay

One of the nicest independent hostels I've stayed in. Decent location, Friendly staff, plenty of bathroom facilities (didn't have to wait for shower once) and very very clean. Highlight was each morning when mama would makes us toast and entertain us! Recommend to anyone going to Venice

We checked in, two college aged girls, and booked a double bed private. When we went to check-in we were offered a seemingly private apartment next door to the main hostel which appeared really nice because he had cancellation, an "upgrade" with a double bed, terrace, and a TV. We later found out it was his apartment that he shares with several other workers from the hostel. We were never given any indication that we would be living in a room in his personal apartment. It was very uncomfortable.

This hostel has great potential, with the clean rooms, good facilities and decent location, however the atmosphere lets it down and the place felt like a ghost town the 4 days I was there. I think that the hostel itself can do way more to improve this aspect - run a bar crawl, free city walking tour, give the people who are staying an option - especially during the evenings! That said, staff were helpful and the beds were good!

Liked: short walking distance from railway station and Duomo area, received free map at arrival and friendly staff took time to point all main sights, included breakfast, several bathrooms, clean, patio. Disliked: wifi not working in the room

Staff was great, good location (a bit hard to find but if you follow the instructions it's easy), patio was a nice spot to eat and meet other travellers :) the breakfast is just toast and tea or coffee but it's a nice way to start the day! I stay there again

The Santa Maria Novella Train Station is quite near; The sanitary facilities are new. You have your own locker in the room. And I like that it's a very quiet hostel.

A kitchen, but no common lounge room. No where to meet others, except in the bed rooms. One power outlet in room of 4 people. Staff were responsive, as if wanting to assist so you'd go away. Lockers in rooms and great bathrooms. Functional and clean if not needing to connect with others near or far. Brilliant for a hermit/recluse, which describes the staff pretty well.

Good, quiet hostel but a little Difficult to find initially. They upgraded us to a private room For free because the hostel was quiet which was great. Thanks.

I wish there were outlets closer to the beds. I slept on the top bunk, and had to just hope my phone wouldn't die before the next day. Not a very social hostel, as a solo traveler I would have enjoyed more interaction with guests. Not a great pillow, but one of the comfiest beds I have slept in, in a hostel.

This hostel is really conveniently located to the train station. All of the staff were really friendly and really helpful and the hostel was very, very clean. There aren't really many areas to meet people that aren't in your room, but for the location and cleanliness it's absolutely worth it!

The wifi here sucks!! I didn't heed the warnings in other reviews but it's really bad, you have to sit in the hall or the kitchen (which is closed at night to people not on that floor) just to get a signal. The room was nice but one locker had no key so the last person to show up had no security for his things. The first day I was there a bathroom sprung a leak and the hallway was flooded. It was cleaned up quickly. Housekeeping also unmade my bed every day which Seemed really weird

Great place, secure and centrally located. Just a few min walk to main train station. I would stay here again.

We stayed for 3 nights at Emerald fields. Very large room, comfortable and very clean. Nice & helpful staff, very nice breakfast and common area. The ONLY thing was that our room was facing the Main Street so our 1st night was on a Saturday and it was VERY NOISY. Other than that everything was perfect. We met and appreciated a lot Antonio's help (owner), who helped us out on arrival to get us a nicer room, more comfortable and in a great location! Thank you :)

One night stay was great. Personal lockers, clean room and great kitchen facilities. Smaller hostel than most but met some great people :)

For the cheap price and proximity to the train station this place definitely has plenty of value for money. Florence is so easy to walk though that being close to the station definitely would not be a priority if I was visiting again. The "common room" is just the kitchen area, the walls are very thin and the showers were out of hot water by about 9:30, so I tended to use them in the afternoon instead. The area is not particularly nice, bur there are large lockers and locks for each room.

I really really liked it,it was awesome. The stuff especially during the day was excellent. Internet is mit strong,but ok. People were great! I slept well there. Breskfast was good! Thanks a lot lot lot!

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Awesome hostel with everything you need in a comfortable and clean space! Got upgraded to a private room for no extra charge. The location is honestly the best. Only thing is there is basically no sign outside the door where the hostel is so we walked past it 3 times before a fellow traveller noticed us and helped us out! Very hidden!