Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

Rooms are spacious and well maintained (there is a lockout period, which is probably not good for others but I didn't mind since I was already out during those 3 hours). Breakfast is served (cookies and some toast and coffee). More of a quiet hostel.

When we stayed there the front door was broken and the latch didn't work with the key. If they got that fixed then everything is great.

Everything is perfect! Couldn't be better. Staff, facilities, room.... Amazing!!! I forgot the staffs' names but they are really nice.

best EVER an amazing price/location rate!!!!!!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Every room has a wonderful bathroom to share, proper shower, and the breakfast is served, with cappochino! Great time

I only had a short stay here but was very close to the main attractions. a little hard to find at first but once you get a sense of direction it's pretty easy. I was there easter weekend so prices were a little high for what it was but still don't regret it. very comfortable place and the lady that serves breakfast is so nice!

Internet didn't reach our room, could only connect in the common room, a little annoying. The first night we arrived we encountered a staff member who was unpleasant and proceeded to tell us we were wrong that the door bell did work, we had just waited for 20 minutes down stairs and rang the door Bell we finally entered because people were leaving. He checked it and we were right, but still proceeded to be unpleasant, thankful to say that was the only time we encounted him on our 3 nights

The staff is actually very nice, but his English is not up to standard - we had problems in communication. Downstairs there are already many restaurants and stores. It is very close to other famous tourist spots - we walked to every place during our stay. The shower, bed and breakfast are all excellent.

Very good location, near to the Duomo and the center of Firenze. The staff was very agreeable and welcoming. The breakfast is included and good. The heating worked very good during the night, but during the day it is off. I recommend this hostel, the price is consistent and the atmosphere very pleasant.

The reception was a bit rude but the lady who prepares the breakfast was very kind. I was upgraded to a better room and I can say that the room was really clean and spacious. Definitely recommended!

Everything was great! We could see the Duomo from our window, and it felt very safe and clean. I was worried when I heard they had a lockout from 11-2 for cleaning and I had to catch a train at 12:30 and didn't want to tour with my bag, but they were great and let me keep it stored there until I picked it up. There are a funny smell associated with the sink/ shower though I was told by someone else that is quite common for the water system. Got to meet some great people!

I love this hostel! I've stayed in it twice now, and every time its very clean and it doesn't feel like a hostel even! The staff is very nice and friendly and shows you the city on a map. The breakfast is not that great but its a genuine italian breakfast ex. cookies and toast with coffee/tea. But this hostel is close to the train station and close to the duomo, great location! Favorite hostel I've stayed at!

• 21st Feb 2015

Nice place. Rooms were pretty clean and so was the bathroom. Just needs an update. Kind of old. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Great location.

A bit different from ordinary hostels, but nice place, perfectly corresponding to the atmosphere of Florence. It is really a kind of palace... All personnel are friendly and warm-hearted. A paradox: we almost missed the train because there was nobody at the reception and we could not take our luggage from depository. But we let it off easily. They were so nice with us and the place was so charming, that we left this hostel full of good memories.

Very close to all main attraction in Florence. Room is very clean and spacious. Breakfast is included. Staff are very helpful and they recommended some really nice restaurants for us. Remember there's no elevator (the hostel is on the 2nd floor). But it didn't bother me at all since I don't have much luggage.

The rooms are awesome and so the location, security is pretty good also, the only problem was the kitchen, there was no kitchen just a microwave to use; but everything awesome; just a small tip: don't bring heavy luggage here, too many steps to get to the lobby.

Good location, but it's more a guesthouse than a hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as it's hard to socialize. And you should speak some Italian as dealing with the staff might get a bit tricky if you don't..;-)

• 27th Nov 2014

A great place to stay. The location was really central, and had a great view. The staff were friendly, and the room was nice. The bathroom was good, and there were plenty of plug sockets and bed side lights. The wifi signal was good, and there are plenty of places nearby to get food.

Staff was amazing and friendly and rooms were so nice and clean. Security was very good and they have lockers available if needed. Location was perfect and the price was still low! We've been to a lot of hostels since we've been in Europe and this was definitely our favorite.

We had an excellent time at Emerald Palace! It is an amazing location right near the Duomo. I travelled with one other person and they upgraded us to a double provate room for the same price. This was perfect. Also the faculty is extremely nice and the breakfast was cookies and tea or coffee and toast with mermallade. It was good and free, so I liked that as well.