Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

Amazing location, short walk to Duomo and everything else. The street is quite loud at night, so if you aren't a heavy sleeper you'll find that bad. Staff very kind and helpful.

More a bed&breakfast than a hostel, but a very good choice for small groups or couples. Breakfast is basic, just coffee, tee, toast and jam, but good. Staff was very helpful and gave good advices about the city and places for eating. Room was very spacious, clean and the bathroom provides an outstanding shower. Wifi was good and location is perfect. Near San Lorenzo market and just a 3 minute walk from the cathedral and central station. Only negative: It was sometimes cold in the room.

Clean. Large bathrooms. Comfy beds. Great location. Friendly staff.

Nice large rooms with spacious feel. Beds comfortable and like that they were not bunks. Bathroom was not cleaned very well while I was there. Breakfast quite minimal, toast, jelly, Nutella, cookies and coffee or tea. Good location but noisy.

Incredible location! Breakfast was very minimal (toast, tea & coffee).

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Location was perfect. Lumi was AWESOME! She was welcoming and friendly, even made me breakfast before I left. My 4-bed ensuite had a bathroom attached, very modern and clean. Bedroom was roomy, clean, and well-presented. Lockers were located out in the hallway. Keys for entrance into rooms. Love the fact that the stairs were concrete, just had the feel of real Italian living. Noise was not an issue at all. Would come back here again. Grazie mille!

Bathrooms were very clean. Breakfast was no good, just toast and coffee though it was included in the price of the room. Absolutely no atmosphere, was a bit awkward. The beds offer no privacy, you could reach out and scratch the person next to yous chin if you wanted

I only stayed here for one night. I arrived early, and was able to check in no problem. They also upgraded me from a mixed 6 bed dorm to a female only 2 bed room which was nice. There isn't much of a social area, it is more of a b&b type lounge. It was nice though. My room was quiet loud since the window faced the market and the vendors were setting up very early. Definitely not a party hostel..quiet environment, but I have an overall lovely stay.

Awesome 4 bed private room. We loved it.

I appreciated the nice decor of the room and the helpfulness of the staff.

• 7th Nov 2015

Clutch location near the train station and walking distance from the duomo. This was one of my favorite hostels of all time. The rooms are very spacious. The host was so sweet. She was my Italian mom haha. She won't let you go out in the morning without having breakfast. I loved this place. If you're staying in Florence don't even bother going anywhere else, it won't come close.

Great big rooms, but loud outside due to vendors and people. Breakfast was bad...toast and Nutella and cookies. I was at least hoping for at min Muesli cereal.

Incredible stay. Best hostel I've ever stayed in, more of a B&B but right on the market and perfect to walk everywhere from. I extended my stay by two nights because it was so great : ) thank you!!

The location is ideal! Close to the train station, highlights and markets! The rooms were clean and secure. The staff are great! And offer really great tours which they are incredibly helpful with. A must stay hostel in Florence!

Awesome experience!

Location was amazing and the staff person who checked us in was very helpful, even helped us book our wine tour! The rooms were lovely and very comfortable, bathroom was clean and a very nice shower. When we tried to check out no one was at the front and the lady who was doing breakfast was very unhelpful. We were also charged for the 4 bed mixed dorm but stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and when we mentioned this the staff became very hostile. A nice place to stay but we were overcharged.

• 23rd Oct 2015

I had a shared room but the loft beds made me feel like I had my own room. The staff was great, and helpful. The rooms were so clean and there was a bathroom right in the bedroom. It was in an excellent location and I would stay here again if I came to Florence.

A perfect place to visit Firenze. We came before the oficial check-in time, but there was no problem to leave luggage and the girl working there even was so kind to give us a map and took her time to give us some recomendations. We had a great room and we hope to come back soon.

Great hostel! Everything was excellent - facilities and rooms comfortable, staff friendly and warm, location central and convenient. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

This hostel was great. No bunk beds, spacious rooms, great views, and a friendly staff. Microwave, electric kettle, tea, and coffee. Toast and coffee for breakfast in a beautiful and relaxed dining room. I would stay again!

• 17th Oct 2015