Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

The location of the hostel is the best thing but also the rooms are big and very comfortable.

Staff were so sweet. Breakfast includes cappuccino/whatever coffee you wanted and toast. No common area other than dining room, which is also included in the 11-2 lockout. Wifi was spotty, no computers or anything to use. Rooms were spacious. Small lockers available outside of room within locked hallway. Not much of an atmosphere here but it's comfortable.

Friendly staff with a convenient location and amazing views of downtown. Great hot showers and good wifi (in the common area). Great social interraction in the common area. Facilities were clean and well maintained. Only toast and coffee for breakfast. Had to climb lots of stairs to get to your room - but that's the way it is in Florence.

The best hostel I've been to, although also the most expensive. However considering the fantastic location (right in front of San Lorenzo and few minutes from Duomo) and the free breakfast it's fair enough. The dorm I stayed in was clean, and very spacious like a loft. Bathrooms were clean. Only negative was no wifi in the room.

This is a nice hostel in a good location, but when I stayed as a solo traveler it wasn't very conducive to meeting people. The guy who checked me in was nice but not able to give many suggestions and the hostel didn't have any activities to participate in. I ended up finding more luck just meeting people on the street. However if you aren't worried about meeting others and just need a clean, quick place to stay, this would be a good choice.

The hostel itself was erythrocyte clean and he staff was ice UT not very normative. The real fast was served to you so it ain't buffet type like other hostels. There as lock out period because they sprayed the room with something they fused to tell me what it was. The location is great. It's an okay hostel but doesn't compare to other hostels I've been at

Really enjoyed our stay! Very close to the duomo & easy to walk everywhere.. Our room had a great view & great wifi

• 11th May 2015

There are at leat four flights of stairs that you have to climb to get to your room. There is a huge market outside so it's impossible for me to find the hostel when I first arrived. There is also a lock out period from 11 to 2 for cleaning, which was quite inconvenient. I was sick one day and wanted to stay in bed to recover but the cleaner came and practically kicked me out of the room. There is also no area to socialise and meet other back packers, which is a little unhelpful.

Rooms are very big, clean, and good quality. Great location and service was good. They can wash your clothes and dry them for free. Would stay again definitely.

The air conditioning was not running and it was incredibly hot during our stay, but leaving the windows open meant we were subjected to an onslaught of mosquitoes through the night. I slept very poorly as a result. Otherwise, the rooms were spacious and the facilities were all very good. The breakfast was simple but the service was appreciated.

Location was great, staff were very friendly. And it was very clean!

Wonderfull place, Many thanks to the Romanian staff!

• Sweden

Breakfast not good, noisy at midnight as near bar

• Taiwan

we are sorry but the first of may it was a night white all the shops open all night and many people drank in night time.....ma son ragazzi.....

Friendly greeting upon arrival, easy to find. Big clean rooms and great location...would recommend!

• 1st May 2015

The owner is a a friendly funny guy, and the other staff are equally as friendly. Very nice hostel.

Rooms are spacious and well maintained (there is a lockout period, which is probably not good for others but I didn't mind since I was already out during those 3 hours). Breakfast is served (cookies and some toast and coffee). More of a quiet hostel.

Very clean but not really any atmosphere or anywhere to hangout. If you want somewhere good and clean to sleep it's incredible.

This was a great hostel I was surprised by how pretty the rooms were and the view they had over the streets around the big dome. I will definitely stay here again when I come back, and I rubbed the pigs nose so I'm definitely coming back!

• 8th Apr 2015

When we stayed there the front door was broken and the latch didn't work with the key. If they got that fixed then everything is great.

Everything is perfect! Couldn't be better. Staff, facilities, room.... Amazing!!! I forgot the staffs' names but they are really nice.