Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

AMAZING! everyone was so lovely! thank you so much! the rooms were comfortable woth plenty of space, very clean. all facilities weee clean and in good condition.

• 1st Sep 2015

Emerald palace was a great hostel. Super clean, incredible location (right in the heart of Florence and super safe), and the staff was really nice. I don't really understand why people would complain about the lockout, you're in Florence to experience the city, not sit in a hostel; plus, it means that everything is cleaned everyday which is a huge plus. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Florence.

People said that they were unsure why the hostel had a lock out from 11-2 but I really didn't mind because the rooms were guaranteed to be cleaned everyday. The hosts were very helpful, showing you where to go in Florence for sight seeing and good food. They provides coffee and/ or tea and toast in the morning for breakfast which was nice. I would definitely recommend staying here when in Florence!!

• 25th Aug 2015

Perfectly located in the middle of everything. One block from all the major sights. Very clean and super helpful staff. Not the hostel for you if you're looking to party, but if you want a relaxing, clean place near everything, this is the spot!

The location could not be better as you are located right in the heart of the historical district of the city. I enjoyed plenty of time on the back patio and loved the high ceilings in the bedroom. Breakfast is not 5 star restaurant quality but the staff is very friendly and willing to help with any problems.

• 20th Aug 2015

We enjoyed our stay here! They will store baggage for you - it's in an unlocked room but I felt comfortable leaving our valuables there. The staff are all super friendly and always ready to help. Would definitely return here :)

I had an enjoyable stay here. Great staff, Gabriel is a true asset. Be sure to bring ear plugs to sleep due to the noise of the market that sets up at 5am. I would prefer they have lockers.

Place was amazing, clean, great location for main sights of Florence. All facilities and amenities in working condition too!

Super friendly very clean. Great wifi and awesome air conditioning at night. Best location too. Super close to the train and in the center of Florence. Will be back.

The place is very clean, the only con I fond was that there is no stove for cooking. Good value for money in general. Definitely I would stay again in this place.

Really good location close to the Medici Chapel, nice clean and modern room with air con (even though it was only switched on from 6pm to 8am which was a bit strange). We thought it was abit underwhelming though for what we paid.

We loved our stay in Emerald Palace and Florence. The staff were extremely helpful assisting us to book tours and even turning our aircon on while we were out so the room was cool when we got back! The breakfast was simple but good, would definitely recommend staying here

Keep the AC on all the time .. if not then install fans. but you cannot turn off AC and have no fans. You force people to leave the hostel when AC is off which isn't nice

Location is the best it gets. Easy to find and close to EVERYTHING. Air conditioning is nice, but they are kind of strict about it, and also about the lockout for cleaning. The lockout was a very strange rule, pretty inconvenient, and every guest I met there remarked on how out of the ordinary it was. The highlight was the friends I made and the location.

The place is an old Medici Palace (according to one of the guys on staff), so it's really beautiful place with a central location in Florence. Since the location was right in the heart of Florence, it was pretty noisy at all hours making it hard to get some good sleep for a light sleeper like me. AC in the rooms was a real plus in the August heat & facilities were clean! We even had our own kitchen in our room. Would definitely recommend Emerald Palace.

The location is good, its in walking distance of everything. Pros: rooms nice and clean. big bathrooms, next door to mercato centrale. Close to train station. Cons: breakfast included is toast. The stairs to get there are killer! It is 3 huge flight of stairs just to get to the reception ( your room can be even higher). When you have a big backpack or luggage it is not awesome to bring up so many stairs. The air conditioning is controlled by them ( only on from 6pm to like 9am) and barely works

This hostel is great for those who want to recover from partying. The atmosphere was more family oriented. I was very impressed how clean the hostel was, extremely clean. I can't emphasize that enough lol. The breakfast is included, but it's only toast and coffee. I didn't like that we had to leave our rooms from 11:00-2:00pm and that the AC was kept at 23-25 Celsius, definitely not cooling temps. Especially during the summer, the rooms were very stuffy/warm. Other than that, our stay was good.

My first experience in a mixed dorm but the rooms are set up well and quite spacious, same with the bathroom. The location is perfect. Right in the middle of the markets and a short walk from the city centre and all the main sights. Staff are very accommodation too.

Emerald Palace was a fantastic hotel - located in the heart of Florence. It is the perfect hostel to stay if you want to walk around Florence as it is located pretty much in the prime position. The great advantage is it's right next to Mercato Centrale which has great food options too! Hostel was always very very clean, air conditioning was a massive plus in the summer too. It was up a few flight of stairs so people with heavy luggage be prepared!

Honestly, the location is absolutely perfect! Even when you're lost the Duomo is so close that you can find it from a mile away! The reception staff was great when I checked in and even offered to carry my luggage up the rest of the stairs (which was such a blessing because I'd been lugging it around for too long). Great facilities, rooms were super clean and very cool! Only thing that was a bit of an issue was the lockout as it's so hot during the afternoon and nap times are great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6