Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

The staff is actually very nice, but his English is not up to standard - we had problems in communication. Downstairs there are already many restaurants and stores. It is very close to other famous tourist spots - we walked to every place during our stay. The shower, bed and breakfast are all excellent.

Very good location, near to the Duomo and the center of Firenze. The staff was very agreeable and welcoming. The breakfast is included and good. The heating worked very good during the night, but during the day it is off. I recommend this hostel, the price is consistent and the atmosphere very pleasant.

The reception was a bit rude but the lady who prepares the breakfast was very kind. I was upgraded to a better room and I can say that the room was really clean and spacious. Definitely recommended!

Everything was great! We could see the Duomo from our window, and it felt very safe and clean. I was worried when I heard they had a lockout from 11-2 for cleaning and I had to catch a train at 12:30 and didn't want to tour with my bag, but they were great and let me keep it stored there until I picked it up. There are a funny smell associated with the sink/ shower though I was told by someone else that is quite common for the water system. Got to meet some great people!

I love this hostel! I've stayed in it twice now, and every time its very clean and it doesn't feel like a hostel even! The staff is very nice and friendly and shows you the city on a map. The breakfast is not that great but its a genuine italian breakfast ex. cookies and toast with coffee/tea. But this hostel is close to the train station and close to the duomo, great location! Favorite hostel I've stayed at!

• 21st Feb 2015

Nice place. Rooms were pretty clean and so was the bathroom. Just needs an update. Kind of old. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Great location.

A bit different from ordinary hostels, but nice place, perfectly corresponding to the atmosphere of Florence. It is really a kind of palace... All personnel are friendly and warm-hearted. A paradox: we almost missed the train because there was nobody at the reception and we could not take our luggage from depository. But we let it off easily. They were so nice with us and the place was so charming, that we left this hostel full of good memories.

Very close to all main attraction in Florence. Room is very clean and spacious. Breakfast is included. Staff are very helpful and they recommended some really nice restaurants for us. Remember there's no elevator (the hostel is on the 2nd floor). But it didn't bother me at all since I don't have much luggage.

The rooms are awesome and so the location, security is pretty good also, the only problem was the kitchen, there was no kitchen just a microwave to use; but everything awesome; just a small tip: don't bring heavy luggage here, too many steps to get to the lobby.

Good location, but it's more a guesthouse than a hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as it's hard to socialize. And you should speak some Italian as dealing with the staff might get a bit tricky if you don't..;-)

• 27th Nov 2014

A great place to stay. The location was really central, and had a great view. The staff were friendly, and the room was nice. The bathroom was good, and there were plenty of plug sockets and bed side lights. The wifi signal was good, and there are plenty of places nearby to get food.

Staff was amazing and friendly and rooms were so nice and clean. Security was very good and they have lockers available if needed. Location was perfect and the price was still low! We've been to a lot of hostels since we've been in Europe and this was definitely our favorite.

We had an excellent time at Emerald Palace! It is an amazing location right near the Duomo. I travelled with one other person and they upgraded us to a double provate room for the same price. This was perfect. Also the faculty is extremely nice and the breakfast was cookies and tea or coffee and toast with mermallade. It was good and free, so I liked that as well.

Rooms were large and spacious. Everything was very clean. Would definitely recommend the Emerald Palace to others.

The most comfortable bed in a hostel ever. The lady who manages the place during the day is very sweet and served the breakfast with kindness. I really enjoyed my stay there. The place is spotless clean. The only thing that could be improved is the wifi connection which cut out and was less strong from my room.

great location!! The owners mainly speak Italian, but understand English well enough. Very very nice people!!

Pros : Clean facility and close to the centre and the train station. cool view out of the window !! Cons : Unfriendly staff, not much of an atmosphere, terrible wifi Overall the experience wasn't bad, it was just ok.

Really friendly, helpful and thorough staff. Great, clean facilities. Superb location next to the best food market in town!

• 20th Oct 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. Close to the train station and everything in Florence is walking distance.

• 14th Oct 2014