Emerald Palace

8.5
Fabulous 1691 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017

Awesome place in the heart of Florence! It was very clean and tidy. The receptionist was a delightful older Italian woman that would try and speak Italian with us and help us for whatever we needed. In the morning, she had plates set out for us and would bring toast and coffee to our table. Very cozy and conveniently located to everything. We have absolutely no complaints! Would recommend this place to anyone!

10th Mar 2017

Not your typical young "party" hostel but it was perfect for me. More like a hotel/bed and breakfast feel with staff very welcoming and friendly. Antonio was great at check in and referred to great spots in the city. You can't beat this location! Walking distance from train station and 5 min to duomo, museum uffizi, and literally down the street from central market. If you're looking for party hostel don't come here but if you're independent and like a more relaxing time this is for you.

1st Mar 2017

Unbeatable location for super easy arrival from Firenze SM and literally 5 minutes walk from Duomo and the best part is the brilliant food market which is on the same block! Staff is very friendly and information and you'll be in a 500 year old building for all that entails which, if you're like me, entails much more good than bad. Rooms look right onto a piazza and the Duomo dome is almost in your face. Definitely not all slick and hipsterish like, say, Generator in Stockholm, or Les Piaules.

28th Feb 2017

I loved the Emerald Palace! Antonio was such a great host. The location was in a perfect location, extremely close to the train station, the Duomo, leather markets, great food, and more. I would definitely be recommending this hostel to others and would return here in a heartbeat.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
22nd Feb 2017
4.0

I would not recommend this Hostel for anybody. Terrible atmosphere... The owner of the hostel is nasty. As soon as I checked out, I was only putting the adress of my next stop in google map, and the lady almost shouted at me: Get out! Get out! I felt really bad! The location is great, but the woman is a crazy italian. The breakfast is not good.

we thing you make a mistake with another hostel if is not why you stay one more night if don't like

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

Very friendly staff, nice rooms, breakfast, great location and value. Totally recommend

• felixturpin13
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

Great staff there! The guy from the desk showed me everything and where to go in the city. The location is perfect, and the breakfast is served by an adorable Italian mama! It's great

• kevinpyne8176
  • England, Male, 41+
2nd Feb 2017

Short walk from rail station, well located for all cultural places of interest. Next door to central market where upstairs food hall provides whole range of street food. Hostel quaint ,homely, single beds in small dorms, basic breakfast, but really nice staff friendly and helpful.set on 2nd floor so lot of stairs, well worth the effort.

• johnstonanthony
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Location is awesome. Room was super cool and spacious. Not a party hostel at all. Not cheap but location was pretty much perfect so that's OK. Upon arrival the door was locked. I rang the door bell multiple times and know one answered. I called the number that on hostel world with no answer. I was about to leave and finally the staff showed up. That pissed me off quite a bit. Didn't see any mention of their 3 hour closing time daily where the hostel shuts down from 11am to 2pm.... Wtf!?

• USA, Female, 18-24
24th Jan 2017

This hostel was great in many ways, the man we checked in with was super nice, friendly and easy to talk to (he spoke English and Spanish with us!) The room was incredible too cozy and super clean! the hostel its self overall is adorable and calm. Unfortunately we weren't able to have the breakfast because we had a train that left in early the morning but the lady was nice as well. There isn't an elevator but I like stairs so it was cool with me and its worth the workout for such a lovely place.