Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

We stayed in the six bed ensuite, and it was extremely spacious and overlooked the square in front of the hostel. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They serve free breakfast every morning, which is a great way to save some money. Florence is really small, so even though the hostel is north up by the train station (which is perfect), you can still walk everywhere you'd want to go. If I ever get the chance to go back to Florence, I'd definitely stay here again.

• 25th Jun 2015

This hostel was in a great location right along one of the street markets and close to everything. The view from my room overlooking the plaza was incredible and the room was very nice. This was a great place to stay.

I really liked my stay at Emerald Palace; I spent my nights in a mixed dorm and was really ok. we had our own bathroom and shower and lots of space in the room itself. I would go back to this hostel. only the breakfast was very poor, but I think that was a typical Italian breakfast with toast and biscuits.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

I really liked staying at this hostel. It's really quiet and relaxed, so it might not be the best for a solo traveller looking to meet people, but I found it to be a really relaxing change of pace. The location is perfect - pretty much everywhere in the city was walkable. Breakfast was really good - it was only toast with jam and Nutella and biscuits, but you could also get cappacinos and lattes so that was great. I would definitely recommend it.

We had a wonderful stay at the Emerald Palace! The location is perfect and the facilities are very clean. The best part of the stay was the staff. They went out of their way to make sure we had a comfortable stay. I would definitely recommend!

• 16th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel. The amount of room in my room was insane. A single bed and bedside table. There was also two floors in the room. Ensuite bathroom was one of the best equipped and cleanest I've stayed in. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Great hostel. I wish there were a kitchen to cook but whateves. All hostels are expensive in Florence so the value is ok for this one. I'll be back someday

Good place to stay if you're looking for something quiet and centrally located. Not the liveliest of hostels (it's not lovely at all), but if you want a good nights sleep, a free breakfast, and easy access to the city, you could do much worse.

we don't' have a party hostel.... and we don't' wont people drink inside .....if you wont drink you go in the pub

The hostel is acceptable. Pros: The location is walkable to everything in the city and is situated right outside the main shopping street if you are looking for deals on leather. It was definitely quiet. Cons: It could have been a bit cleaner and the staff could have been more helpful. The wifi was awful, they charged to hold bags after checkout, and you had to go through their laundry service if you wanted to wash clothes as they forbade sink washing.

A lovely hostel with proper beds and bathrooms which was such a treat after bunk beds and cubicle showers. The whole place was constantly immaculate and the staff were so friendly. Great location within walking distance of everything. I had a great time and made loads of friends but I think I just might have been lucky. I think normally it might be more difficult to meet people there.

Super nice stay ! Very downtown in Florence ! Super clean, nice and cool staff.

Nice dorms. Single beds - no bunks. Good powerful showers. I stayed an extra night as location and facilities were great. I met some friendly fellow-travellers. Breakfast of coffee and toast was no-frills but a good way to start the day. Hostel did my laundry and offered an adaptor for my phone to charge as I hadn't brought the correct Italy one. I would not hesitate in staying again.

What a great location! Right in the middle, and I found it easy to find from the train station, which it is also close to. The room was clean and spacious, a 4 bed dorm. The bathroom was spacious and had a good shower. You'll get a good nights sleep with the air conditioning, available from 6pm to morning. There is also a common area which is something many hostels do not have. I enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning too! The staff are very very helpful and friendly. I would stay again

Excellent location, walking distance to all,friendly staff. The rooms are massive and a good layout. Our room had a kitchen as well soo good! Would stay here again!

• 7th Jun 2015

What a great hostel! We were so pleasantly surprised by the amount of space we had in our room. Staying a six person room, we had the whole bottom floor to the three of us, then the three other people in a loft area above us. This provided some privacy, and a lot of space to each group! The workers were also very nice and helpful!

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm. Was very spacious, could easily fit double that amount of beds and double that again if they were bunks, but are very comfortable single beds. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a lockout between 11am and 2pm for cleaning but you can hang out in the common area during that time if you aren't out and about. Lockers are quite small so only for valuables, not whole bags, but I felt quite safe leaving my rucksack in the room.

The hostel was good. The room, washroom, beds, and hostel itself were clean. The single beds were a nice break from the constant bunkbeds, and were comfortable. The location was amazing, as it was only a 5 minute walk to Duomo Square, the Accademia, perhaps a 7 minute walk to the Uffizi or the train station (SMN), and is close to the main market as well. The staff were nice, particularly Thea (not sure if this is how her name is spelled). The atmosphere was not bad. The breakfast was alright.

Very nice hostel. Will stay again if possible!

The location of the hostel is the best thing but also the rooms are big and very comfortable.

Staff were so sweet. Breakfast includes cappuccino/whatever coffee you wanted and toast. No common area other than dining room, which is also included in the 11-2 lockout. Wifi was spotty, no computers or anything to use. Rooms were spacious. Small lockers available outside of room within locked hallway. Not much of an atmosphere here but it's comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3