Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

It was so charming!! Not great to meet other travelers, but we got lucky and met some fun people while we were there. The breakfast is ok but small. It's very clean and open; you get tons of space! The stairs up to the place are steep though, so if you have trouble with stairs maybe not the best. Overall very happy!

The man at the front desk threw me off my chair and threatened to hit me with it. Worst hostel experience ever. I would never recommend anyone to stay here.

• 10th Oct 2014

Loved my stay here - the hostel is in a great location with everything at walking distance. The room was super clean and Antonio (at the reception) briefed me about the city during check in and helped me booking activities, finding good places to eat, etc. Don't be scared of the steep stairs - this is probably a historical building! I'm definitely going back.

Incredible location with a view towards the Duomo. Antonio made you feel truly at home and was incredibly helpful and gave us further tips for the rest of our holiday in Italy... His night staff however could use an injection of personality. Overall no complaints if looking for a quieter place to stay and would recommend highly.

I loved the location, right outside from the markets and half way between the centre and Santa Maria Novella Station. Showers had hot water and functioning properly and breakfast was tasty. View from bedroom window was amazing but staff (except Lumi who was sweet and caring) seemed sarcastic and unfriendly at all times and could not get my name correctly and I'm sensitive on that. They seemed to see it as a joke but I can honestly say I did not find it funny! If the staff were polite I'd return.

We absolutely loved this hostel. Our favorite one thus far. The breakfast was great and the cleaning lady was extremely kind and helpful. Although the wifi was not the best.

The hostel is fine and in a good location but it is incredibly noisy at night

• 1st Oct 2014

the next time if you don't wont noise do not book a room with 6 people I thing you are to old to stay in the hostel

Thank you so much guyz for having us over. We loved our stay here. Love to Lumi :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • India

an excellent hostel with great location and spacious rooms , it was very clean and friendly staff although that the women checked me in didn't speak english but it was ok

Probably one of the best rooms I've ever seen at a hostel.- a duplex overlooking the Basilica of San Lorenzo (the 6-bed mixed dorm). Most of the rooms are quite nice and have the same view. The lockout period proved a little inconvenient, however. The staff was helpful and nice but not as accommodating as in other hostels I've stayed at. The place was relatively clean but could be a bit better.

This place was one of the best places we have stayed during our vacation. The staff was so kind, polite and generous wish all places were like these I highly recommend this place for any traveler not only due to the location but also due to the warm welcome we received by the staff We thank emerald place for everything and we definitely will recommend this place to anyone If I come back to florence I will definitely be staying here again

• 28th Sep 2014

Everything was great - some options - as your plugs are different to other european countries (Italy not just you) - I'd be happy to hire an adaptor rather than having to go out and buy one - just to fit the plugs. The airconditioning was odd - it would stop in the middle of the morning - we would have to open a window - then get awoken by the market people setting up at 0500 - it was like it was set on a timer that ended at 3am.

I didn't actually stay at the Emerald Palace, they changed my reservation to another hostel owned by them that same day (this I didn't like). I think it was Emerald Fields. It was a good hostel and it was clean. Staff was friendly and there was breakfast every morning.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

More of a B&B/hotel than a hostel with breakfast being toast and a drink. Pros: Excellent location being very central and very close to train station. Very clean and rooms cleaned daily (I did find it annoying having to make my bed every day though as sheets are changed daily as well). The owner Antonio is super helpful and friendly. Cons: Only a small storage unit outside the rooms where you can lock away valuables. 3rd floor, no elevator Relaxing place to stay, would definitely stay again.

Very friendly staffed. Great location.

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at. Felt like home. The rooms and bathroom were amazing! The staff there are extremely friendly and helpful. The lady making breakfast was lovely. Highly recommend this place!

Lumi was so cute and really helped us out when we were in need. Very clean and modern and great location. I would definitely recommend

Staff kept barging into our room during lockout even though our friend was sick, we had a private room and told them cleaning was not necessary (we'd been there one night). Breakfast was also very basic. Location was excellent though I can't fault that we were in the middle of everything and the view from our window was awesome.

The location of this hostel is perfect! You wont get lost as long as you can find the duomo. The woman who runs the hostel is a very sweet efficient, and kind person. She didnt have much english, but even with my limited italian we got on well. Its not the best enviornment for meeting alot of people, but it was very clean and well run. I would reccommend for vroups especially. Overall, if im ever in florence again I will stay there.

Booked the emerald palace but was moved to the emerald fields (a sister property) without prior warning or even consent. Facilities were so-so quality, there was only one working outlet in my quad. Still, facilities were immaculately clean and staff was extremely kind and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4