Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

I had an enjoyable stay here. Great staff, Gabriel is a true asset. Be sure to bring ear plugs to sleep due to the noise of the market that sets up at 5am. I would prefer they have lockers.

Place was amazing, clean, great location for main sights of Florence. All facilities and amenities in working condition too!

Super friendly very clean. Great wifi and awesome air conditioning at night. Best location too. Super close to the train and in the center of Florence. Will be back.

The place is very clean, the only con I fond was that there is no stove for cooking. Good value for money in general. Definitely I would stay again in this place.

Really good location close to the Medici Chapel, nice clean and modern room with air con (even though it was only switched on from 6pm to 8am which was a bit strange). We thought it was abit underwhelming though for what we paid.

We loved our stay in Emerald Palace and Florence. The staff were extremely helpful assisting us to book tours and even turning our aircon on while we were out so the room was cool when we got back! The breakfast was simple but good, would definitely recommend staying here

Keep the AC on all the time .. if not then install fans. but you cannot turn off AC and have no fans. You force people to leave the hostel when AC is off which isn't nice

Location is the best it gets. Easy to find and close to EVERYTHING. Air conditioning is nice, but they are kind of strict about it, and also about the lockout for cleaning. The lockout was a very strange rule, pretty inconvenient, and every guest I met there remarked on how out of the ordinary it was. The highlight was the friends I made and the location.

The place is an old Medici Palace (according to one of the guys on staff), so it's really beautiful place with a central location in Florence. Since the location was right in the heart of Florence, it was pretty noisy at all hours making it hard to get some good sleep for a light sleeper like me. AC in the rooms was a real plus in the August heat & facilities were clean! We even had our own kitchen in our room. Would definitely recommend Emerald Palace.

The location is good, its in walking distance of everything. Pros: rooms nice and clean. big bathrooms, next door to mercato centrale. Close to train station. Cons: breakfast included is toast. The stairs to get there are killer! It is 3 huge flight of stairs just to get to the reception ( your room can be even higher). When you have a big backpack or luggage it is not awesome to bring up so many stairs. The air conditioning is controlled by them ( only on from 6pm to like 9am) and barely works

This hostel is great for those who want to recover from partying. The atmosphere was more family oriented. I was very impressed how clean the hostel was, extremely clean. I can't emphasize that enough lol. The breakfast is included, but it's only toast and coffee. I didn't like that we had to leave our rooms from 11:00-2:00pm and that the AC was kept at 23-25 Celsius, definitely not cooling temps. Especially during the summer, the rooms were very stuffy/warm. Other than that, our stay was good.

My first experience in a mixed dorm but the rooms are set up well and quite spacious, same with the bathroom. The location is perfect. Right in the middle of the markets and a short walk from the city centre and all the main sights. Staff are very accommodation too.

Emerald Palace was a fantastic hotel - located in the heart of Florence. It is the perfect hostel to stay if you want to walk around Florence as it is located pretty much in the prime position. The great advantage is it's right next to Mercato Centrale which has great food options too! Hostel was always very very clean, air conditioning was a massive plus in the summer too. It was up a few flight of stairs so people with heavy luggage be prepared!

Honestly, the location is absolutely perfect! Even when you're lost the Duomo is so close that you can find it from a mile away! The reception staff was great when I checked in and even offered to carry my luggage up the rest of the stairs (which was such a blessing because I'd been lugging it around for too long). Great facilities, rooms were super clean and very cool! Only thing that was a bit of an issue was the lockout as it's so hot during the afternoon and nap times are great.

Very nice rooms. Not the most social atmosphere but not the worst. Convenient location to train station and walking distance to all sights. Recommended

Problems with plugs in that hostel. Couldn't recharge my camera in the room because I didn't have an adaptor for the three-pin socket, so I had to recharge my camera in the communal area, the owner's nephew said it was safe to leave it there. But the next morning my camera was gone. When I asked the girls making breakfast for the guests, they said they didn't know, didn't see any cameras. When I got angry, they took it out from "somewhere" and gave it back to me. Not very honest!

Location was incredible. Very close walk to train station. Breakfast was decent and coffee great. The room I stayed in was spacious but smelled like wet laundry kept in a suitcase for too long... Also there's lockout every day starting at 2 for cleaning which feels unnecessary since plenty of other hostels clean without kicking you out. Overall would stay again!

A nice budget stay close to attractions. Building itself is a bit old and the tedious rules of when certain facilities are available are a drawback. However they are undergoing renovations and the staff are all super friendly. Not one of the best hostels, but considering florence, a decent stay.

Emerald Palace was great! We had our own room and it was spacious and lovely! Breakfast was included and awesome except that you couldn't bring anything into your room! Location was great-we walked everywhere. It's right by a beautiful church and right on the market and food market too. Definitely would stay here again!

Not a social place, impossible to meet people

strange that you have not met anyone you stay with 6 peoples......hummm