Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

Would highly recommend this hostel! Staying here really was a memorable experience which really added to our overall stay in Florence. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived. The dorm was spacious and very clean. Good atmosphere in the hostel in general and the location is perfect. A short stroll from the centre and right next to the leather market and food market! The breakfast was good with a staff member making fresh coffee and insisting on doing the washing-up!

Stayed just a single night but was worth evey dollar!! Very clean , nice staff , fantastic location . The only draw back would be the noise coming from the streets at such an early time in the mornings. I arrived and they even upgraded me for free!! Definetley recommend this hostel :)

Hardto find when the msrkets are all up. Said to pay in cash but then when got there had to pay by card as cash was too difficult for some reason. Only stayed one night but didnt seem to have too much of a party atmosphete but is a good location for all things to do in florence. I checkec out at 7.20am and there wasno one at reception vso had to leave my keys with a note...

Amazing location which was very clean. The staff were very nice and helpful and I felt comfortable during my whole stay. The only downside is that it can be noisy in the morning due to the street vendors setting up

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Bermuda

Booked 4 bedroom, they overbooked so they put my gf and I in a 6 bedroom (without telling us). Then when questioned about it they offered us 2 euro back. We were really sick and wanted less people though. They ended up charging us 14 euro more and putting us in a 2 bedroom (a discounted two bed price). Kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. In my mind, if you are the ones that screw up, I shouldn't be the one that has to pay for it. Other than that the hostel was great. breakfast is toast.

Nice Bed & Breakfast with a perfect location, only one minute away from the Duomo (City Center). Staff was helpful, breakfast okay (only sweet food) and also the security standards fulfilled the common standards.

Tho its a B

I would definately stay here again, felt a bit like a hotel because of the spacious rooms and good bathroom-facilities.

The location is great- our window looked out onto the basilica- and it is only a few minutes away from the train station. Antonio was extremely friendly and helpful! He was able to answer all our questions and give us recommendations for what to do during our stay. The room itself was very clean and beautifully decorated. The pictures do not do justice to how nice the rooms are. The only negative aspect of this hostel is that you must climb three flights to get there since there's no elevator.

Very friendly staff, good location near the train station, clean rooms and nice breakfast.

This hostel was amazing! The location was perfect, 2 min walk to the Duomo- right in the heart of the city. The hostel was extremely clean, the rooms are cleaned daily, even your bed made. It was comfortable, spacious and overall a cozy environment. The staff was so welcoming and helpful. There is an open market right in front of hostel doors. And it is so easy to get to train station- 5 minutes. I highly recommend this hostel. It made my experience in Florence even better.

• 29th May 2014

Nice clean room! No atmosphere and a bit overpriced for what you get. Breakfast was only toast and coffee.

breakfast is not just a coffee and toast....you have capucino ..butter, jam and chocolate biscuits

Great location and fun place to hangout whilst meeting people

The staff was friendly and the rooms were CLEAN!! They clean the rooms everyday and clean the sheets. We had a great experience. Only thing I would warn about is that you have to climb up a creepy stairway that is dark. Three stories up and then you're fine!

• 24th May 2014

Great location, friendly staff, large rooms, clean areas. Beautiful city to walk around and hang out.

그냥 그냥 그래여 물도 잘안나오고, 3층이 백패커고 나머진 그냥 값어치는 못해요

We stayed in a 6 person mixed room and it was spacious with 3 beds downstairs and 3 beds in a loft decked out in Ikea furniture. They cleaned the room every day including the bedding. Free breakfast consisted of 2 pieces of toast and coffee Only problem was since there is no AC, you had to have the windows open and you are right above the leather market which gets really loud about 5:30 am when the sun starts to rise. Also, they made us pay in cash which sucked and there is no BNL for BofA users

I was very impressed with the facilities. There was space to spread out and relax. I felt very comfortable here, especially given the first impressions of the building. Overall, I was impressed and would stay here again. One comment - It is nice that breakfast is included but I was a little disappointed when it was just toast and coffee. It's included, so I'm not complaining. Just mentioning it hurt my impression of the hostel rather than helped. Still, the staff was great.

Good location, nice rooms, clean. Staff, breakfast and kitchen facilities mediocre.

Location is good (San Lorenzo, 10 minutes away from Ponte Veccio), the place is clean and the rooms are comfortable. In my case, lockers were outside the room, and the WIFI wasn't working properly. They will charge you an additional euro / day (tourism tax) not included in the price. Staff was rude, they basically kicked me out of the place when the check-out was made, with no possibility to stay there a minute more. Rooms are locked out from 11am to 2pm.