Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

It was a great hostel, I loved it I staid two extra nights there, only down side no elevator if you have heavy bag, but other then that I recommend it to everyone.

Very friendly staff, nice rooms, great location, really loved this hostel

Absolutely amazing location. Very clean rooms. My only real complaint is that the AC is turned off between 8am and 6pm. Also, the WiFi cuts out occasionally, but it's not terrible. Works fine for the most part. If I were to hostel again in Florence, I'd likely go back. All the big sites are easily within walking distance.

Kind and welcoming staff. The room was clean and overlooked the Medici Chapel which was beautiful. A safe environment and I enjoyed being served breakfast as well. The hostel's location was fantastic and it only took a few minutes to walk to the Duomo or the Galleria Academia (among other great attractions). Definitely worth staying here.

Awesome location!

Really enjoyed my stay at Emerald palace. Loved Florence so much I ended up staying two extra days, which this hostel were very helpful in accommodating me. Very charming hostel in an older building in the centre of Florence. 5 minute walk from the train station and right beside all the sights. I was staying in Florence during a European heatwave and the huge airy rooms with great air conditioning at night saved me from having sleepless nights like some other travellers I met during my time!!!!

Couldn't have asked for a better location being round the corner from the duomo and only a 5 minute walk from the train station. The atmosphere was hard to grasp but this was mainly because I had to swap rooms after the first night and people coming and going.

We stayed in the six bed ensuite, and it was extremely spacious and overlooked the square in front of the hostel. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They serve free breakfast every morning, which is a great way to save some money. Florence is really small, so even though the hostel is north up by the train station (which is perfect), you can still walk everywhere you'd want to go. If I ever get the chance to go back to Florence, I'd definitely stay here again.

• 25th Jun 2015

This hostel was in a great location right along one of the street markets and close to everything. The view from my room overlooking the plaza was incredible and the room was very nice. This was a great place to stay.

I really liked my stay at Emerald Palace; I spent my nights in a mixed dorm and was really ok. we had our own bathroom and shower and lots of space in the room itself. I would go back to this hostel. only the breakfast was very poor, but I think that was a typical Italian breakfast with toast and biscuits.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

The bedrooms here are large and airy, and clean sheets are included. The location is great - near Firenze SMN station and easy walking distance to everything else. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast consisted of made-to-order coffee (delicious), toast, and biscuits. They provide a keyed locker (small size) for free. This hostel is not very social. There aren't really common areas for people to gather. You are also not allowed to wash your clothing in the bathroom sinks.

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is beautiful and the location is perfect. I would add something more to the breakfast, but in general I had such a great time in this hostel.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

I really liked staying at this hostel. It's really quiet and relaxed, so it might not be the best for a solo traveller looking to meet people, but I found it to be a really relaxing change of pace. The location is perfect - pretty much everywhere in the city was walkable. Breakfast was really good - it was only toast with jam and Nutella and biscuits, but you could also get cappacinos and lattes so that was great. I would definitely recommend it.

We had a wonderful stay at the Emerald Palace! The location is perfect and the facilities are very clean. The best part of the stay was the staff. They went out of their way to make sure we had a comfortable stay. I would definitely recommend!

Amazing hostel. The amount of room in my room was insane. A single bed and bedside table. There was also two floors in the room. Ensuite bathroom was one of the best equipped and cleanest I've stayed in. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Great hostel. I wish there were a kitchen to cook but whateves. All hostels are expensive in Florence so the value is ok for this one. I'll be back someday

Good place to stay if you're looking for something quiet and centrally located. Not the liveliest of hostels (it's not lovely at all), but if you want a good nights sleep, a free breakfast, and easy access to the city, you could do much worse.

we don't' have a party hostel.... and we don't' wont people drink inside .....if you wont drink you go in the pub

The hostel is acceptable. Pros: The location is walkable to everything in the city and is situated right outside the main shopping street if you are looking for deals on leather. It was definitely quiet. Cons: It could have been a bit cleaner and the staff could have been more helpful. The wifi was awful, they charged to hold bags after checkout, and you had to go through their laundry service if you wanted to wash clothes as they forbade sink washing.

A lovely hostel with proper beds and bathrooms which was such a treat after bunk beds and cubicle showers. The whole place was constantly immaculate and the staff were so friendly. Great location within walking distance of everything. I had a great time and made loads of friends but I think I just might have been lucky. I think normally it might be more difficult to meet people there.

Super nice stay ! Very downtown in Florence ! Super clean, nice and cool staff.