Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

Very good location, near to the Duomo and the center of Firenze. The staff was very agreeable and welcoming. The breakfast is included and good. The heating worked very good during the night, but during the day it is off. I recommend this hostel, the price is consistent and the atmosphere very pleasant.

The reception was a bit rude but the lady who prepares the breakfast was very kind. I was upgraded to a better room and I can say that the room was really clean and spacious. Definitely recommended!

Everything was great! We could see the Duomo from our window, and it felt very safe and clean. I was worried when I heard they had a lockout from 11-2 for cleaning and I had to catch a train at 12:30 and didn't want to tour with my bag, but they were great and let me keep it stored there until I picked it up. There are a funny smell associated with the sink/ shower though I was told by someone else that is quite common for the water system. Got to meet some great people!

I love this hostel! I've stayed in it twice now, and every time its very clean and it doesn't feel like a hostel even! The staff is very nice and friendly and shows you the city on a map. The breakfast is not that great but its a genuine italian breakfast ex. cookies and toast with coffee/tea. But this hostel is close to the train station and close to the duomo, great location! Favorite hostel I've stayed at!

• 21st Feb 2015

Nice place. Rooms were pretty clean and so was the bathroom. Just needs an update. Kind of old. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Great location.

A bit different from ordinary hostels, but nice place, perfectly corresponding to the atmosphere of Florence. It is really a kind of palace... All personnel are friendly and warm-hearted. A paradox: we almost missed the train because there was nobody at the reception and we could not take our luggage from depository. But we let it off easily. They were so nice with us and the place was so charming, that we left this hostel full of good memories.

Very close to all main attraction in Florence. Room is very clean and spacious. Breakfast is included. Staff are very helpful and they recommended some really nice restaurants for us. Remember there's no elevator (the hostel is on the 2nd floor). But it didn't bother me at all since I don't have much luggage.

The rooms are awesome and so the location, security is pretty good also, the only problem was the kitchen, there was no kitchen just a microwave to use; but everything awesome; just a small tip: don't bring heavy luggage here, too many steps to get to the lobby.

Good location, but it's more a guesthouse than a hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as it's hard to socialize. And you should speak some Italian as dealing with the staff might get a bit tricky if you don't..;-)

• 27th Nov 2014