Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

The location of this hostel is perfect! You wont get lost as long as you can find the duomo. The woman who runs the hostel is a very sweet efficient, and kind person. She didnt have much english, but even with my limited italian we got on well. Its not the best enviornment for meeting alot of people, but it was very clean and well run. I would reccommend for vroups especially. Overall, if im ever in florence again I will stay there.

Booked the emerald palace but was moved to the emerald fields (a sister property) without prior warning or even consent. Facilities were so-so quality, there was only one working outlet in my quad. Still, facilities were immaculately clean and staff was extremely kind and helpful.

We were pleasantly surprised with our superior private room for 3. It turned out to be a loft facing the main square! We didn't pay that much either so it was great value for our money. The location is great, the major market is literally right outside the door and it's within walking distance to any of the major sights. Only downfall is there are a bunch of stairs to get up to the rooms and it is pitch black in the hallway at night. I would suggest they turn the lights on in there all night.

The staff here are so friendly, especially Gabriel!! They gave me a lot of tips and advice on where to visit in Florence and clear instructions on map. The rooms are huge and clean, not what I expected when I saw the outside of the building. It was at the corner of the San Lorenzo Market and Basilica which made it easy to find. Hard to find at night though!! Breakfast is provided although it's just toast. They are really strict about cleaning hours lock out though. :( overall, I really liked it!

Lovely place! If there is anything you could do to make the stairway leading up to the hostel feel safer (e.g. better lighting, clean it more frequently, etc.), it would be perfect!

• 9th Aug 2014

Perfect location basically right in the center of town. Staff very nice. A bit of a language barrier with the woman, but the man who checked us in was fluent in English and lovely. Probably one of the cleanest and quietest places Ive stayed during my 3 month travelling. Not very social for solo travelers, but maybe that was just during the time I was there. Kitchen average, but bathroom was super clean and HAD A BATH. Really nice place!

Found the owner to be very rude upon departure, turning off the wifi whilst another traveller and I were trying to load up our maps at Reception to route our next destination. He watched us struggle wondering why nothing was loading before we realised then he abruptly told us to leave!

Great place to stay when visiting florence. Very close to train and walking distance to all things in central. Really enjoyed my stay here. No bunk beds was a pleasant suprise, and the loft style room felt like you were in an apartment rather then a "dorm". Basic breakfast but decent wifi in bed rooms. Would stay again! Thank you :)

A very clean and spacious hostel. The room I was staying in was gorgeous with enormous windows and beds on an upper loft. Probably one of the prettiest places I've stayed. The location is excellent and close to everything. I didn't find it to be the most social hostel since access to the common rooms is limited after certain hours, but a great place to stay.

Wish I stayed longer, so clean and tidy, the showers were great. Also good location!

This place was nice and clean and had aircon which was a plus, shame about the lockout. Great location close to the markets and station. Also had a fantastic bathroom which looked quite new. Breakfast was a bit average, just toast and coffee, would be nice if included pastries or ham & cheese or some fruit or at least a cup of tea. Other than that a pleasant little place to stay.

This is a really conveniently located hostel in Florence. Super close to the train station and town centre. Nice sized rooms and a friendly atmosphere. The lock out for cleaning from 11am-2pm was a pain. I will stay here again next time I'm in Florence.

This place was clean and in a good location. Having good roommates helped make this place better. An 11am-2 pm room lockout for room cleaning seemed excessive but my stay was good overall.

This was a very clean and well located hostel in central Florence. It was unfortunate that was couldn't use the kitchen facilities, as the breakfast provided was very poor (two pieces of white toast and tea or coffee), but the rooms were quite comfortable, very spacious and cleaned every day. Cleaning was done during a three hour lockout period in which you had to stay out, which was a little annoying when it was raining. Overall a enjoyable stay.

Definitely one of the best hostel experiences I've had. The staff, from those working behind the desk to those in charge of cleaning the hostel, were all very helpful, friendly, and flexible.

Great spot. Good location. Would stay there again

• 16th Jul 2014

Exceptionally clean and secure, and the staff were very helpful, attentive and happy to chat. Rooms are really well thought out - no bunks, plenty of space between the beds, immaculate shower room with a hairdryer (!) and lots of hanging space. Breakfast was limited but enough to start the day. Only drawbacks would be that it would be good to have lockers in the room for valuables rather than small lockers on the landing and that a 3euro charge to store bags (very safely) is poor.

• 13th Jul 2014

The owner and staff were so welcoming! The hostel facilities are the cleanest I've ever seen, the bathrooms were super clean and the bedding was washed everyday. They are strict about you being out of your room between 11am and 2pm. But as a result the entire hostel was sparkling clean. The hostel was perfectly located near everything! Is highly recommend staying here!

• 13th Jul 2014

While the location was excellent it was very difficult to find and not at all marked. While the rooms themselves were okay and the common area was nice the overall feelibg was very dirty. For the price staying further away somewhere nicer is highly recommended since Florence is only a small city and easily navigated by foot.

The breakfast and cleaning lady was very friendly and made the stay even more memorable. Antonio was also extremely friendly and helped whenever he could.

• 8th Jul 2014