Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

I booked 4 beds mixed room but there were a wooden ceiling with stairs in the room and there were more beds up there. The other guests were friendly and polite and the room were clean and the bed were comfortable. But I didn't like what they did with the wooden ceiling. It's un-honest!!

the important thing is that like all other......honestly

The view from our window was amazing! Had a bathroom to share with on the other 5 people in my room.

• 12th Oct 2015

Your staff was friendly, accomodating and knowledgable. The room was spacious and clean. Couldnt have asked for a better experience!

staff very friendly, showed us the best way to spend our 2 days in florence! ONLY comment was breakfast is very limited, just toast, everything else absolutely great. plus can't beat the view from the room!

Super friendly staff and very cute rooms!

Really good hostel! The staff are nice. It's in an excellent location. They have a lockout every day for a couple of hours around lunch, BUT it's really good because you come back to a clean room and a made bed! Would stay here again!

Amazing hostel! We stayed in a 3 bed private room. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the room was huge and clean, the showers were AMAZING and we loved the location.

• 7th Oct 2015

Everyone was so kind and it's in the middle of the square. It can be noisy on the square, but put some earbuds in with some white noise and your good to go. Loved my stay here.

stayed just one night so can't speak much, but the location is GREAT, breakfast was good, wifi has its moments, and they had sufficient 'tourist information' stuff. Also, the place seems recently made over, bright, clean.

Clear, simple directions for a ten-minute walk from train station. Excellent location for touring Florence with a five-minute walk to the Duomo. Staff were always friendly, caring, and available. Staff researched my travels by train, bus, and ferry to Split, Croatia. It always had a great collection of travelers who met at breakfast or chatted in the breakfast room in the evening. I'd return! linda

Really good location right at the end of the San Lorenzo Market and San Lorenzo Square. They gave us a map and highlighted a bunch of sites to see and areas to check out, which was very helpful. We had a really early flight to catch in the morning and they also helped us to book a cab to the airport. Breakfast was coffee/tea with toast and some cookie things, which were pretty good. Towels are not included and cost 1 Euro each to rent.

• 5th Oct 2015

These hostels were HUGE. Totally worth every penny and the lengthy climb up the stairs. They say breakfast is included but it's just coffee and toast. Noting super but the hostel rooms more than make up for it.

Great location, fantastic staff, rooms are clean and big. Its a 5min walk from the train station, in a central location, making it easy to get anywhere. Can't say enough about it. I would definitely stay here again

The staff here are fantastic! Very pleasant and helpful. Wilma is super nice.

• 30th Sep 2015

This hostel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. This is not a good place for solo travelers who are looking to meet people and socialize. There was never anyone in the common room, except a family who was cooking dinner. There was a nice view of a church and the streets from my room, but it was very noisy at night. If you are looking to get a quiet nights sleep, you will not find it here. I think I really overpayed for what I got.

I thought the location was the best part about staying here. I felt very comfortable in this hostel.

Very nice place to stay in Florence. Central train station is a 5 min walk, so is the Florence Cathedral. Service is great with very welcoming staff. The rooms are spacious and clean, we booked a private room for three. Breakfast could use some improvement, it was only a couple of pieces of toast with jam and Nutella and a cup of coffee. Nice place to stay in for a city tour, and I would recommend it.

Had an excellent stay at Emerald Palace, the owner, Antonio, is a very welcoming person! Location is EXCELLENT - right under San Lorenzo market. Breakfast could use some improvements (perhaps some fruit). As a solo traveler, it was a bit difficult to meet people unless you met your dorm mates as the shared space was far from the rooms.

• 23rd Sep 2015

The hostel is in great location, and room is so clean. The only down side is no elevator and stairway is steep. We will definitely come back.

Pleasantly surprised by this hostel! Amazing location close to Santa Maria novella and duomo with great, clean rooms and accommodating staff. I always felt safe sleeping here and it is right above the leather market and many cafes and restaurants! Cannot reccomend enough, this place is one of those gems you find!

• 20th Sep 2015