Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

Probably one of the best rooms I've ever seen at a hostel.- a duplex overlooking the Basilica of San Lorenzo (the 6-bed mixed dorm). Most of the rooms are quite nice and have the same view. The lockout period proved a little inconvenient, however. The staff was helpful and nice but not as accommodating as in other hostels I've stayed at. The place was relatively clean but could be a bit better.

This place was one of the best places we have stayed during our vacation. The staff was so kind, polite and generous wish all places were like these I highly recommend this place for any traveler not only due to the location but also due to the warm welcome we received by the staff We thank emerald place for everything and we definitely will recommend this place to anyone If I come back to florence I will definitely be staying here again

• 28th Sep 2014

Everything was great - some options - as your plugs are different to other european countries (Italy not just you) - I'd be happy to hire an adaptor rather than having to go out and buy one - just to fit the plugs. The airconditioning was odd - it would stop in the middle of the morning - we would have to open a window - then get awoken by the market people setting up at 0500 - it was like it was set on a timer that ended at 3am.

I didn't actually stay at the Emerald Palace, they changed my reservation to another hostel owned by them that same day (this I didn't like). I think it was Emerald Fields. It was a good hostel and it was clean. Staff was friendly and there was breakfast every morning.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

More of a B&B/hotel than a hostel with breakfast being toast and a drink. Pros: Excellent location being very central and very close to train station. Very clean and rooms cleaned daily (I did find it annoying having to make my bed every day though as sheets are changed daily as well). The owner Antonio is super helpful and friendly. Cons: Only a small storage unit outside the rooms where you can lock away valuables. 3rd floor, no elevator Relaxing place to stay, would definitely stay again.

Very friendly staffed. Great location.

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at. Felt like home. The rooms and bathroom were amazing! The staff there are extremely friendly and helpful. The lady making breakfast was lovely. Highly recommend this place!

Lumi was so cute and really helped us out when we were in need. Very clean and modern and great location. I would definitely recommend

Staff kept barging into our room during lockout even though our friend was sick, we had a private room and told them cleaning was not necessary (we'd been there one night). Breakfast was also very basic. Location was excellent though I can't fault that we were in the middle of everything and the view from our window was awesome.

The location of this hostel is perfect! You wont get lost as long as you can find the duomo. The woman who runs the hostel is a very sweet efficient, and kind person. She didnt have much english, but even with my limited italian we got on well. Its not the best enviornment for meeting alot of people, but it was very clean and well run. I would reccommend for vroups especially. Overall, if im ever in florence again I will stay there.

Booked the emerald palace but was moved to the emerald fields (a sister property) without prior warning or even consent. Facilities were so-so quality, there was only one working outlet in my quad. Still, facilities were immaculately clean and staff was extremely kind and helpful.

We were pleasantly surprised with our superior private room for 3. It turned out to be a loft facing the main square! We didn't pay that much either so it was great value for our money. The location is great, the major market is literally right outside the door and it's within walking distance to any of the major sights. Only downfall is there are a bunch of stairs to get up to the rooms and it is pitch black in the hallway at night. I would suggest they turn the lights on in there all night.

The staff here are so friendly, especially Gabriel!! They gave me a lot of tips and advice on where to visit in Florence and clear instructions on map. The rooms are huge and clean, not what I expected when I saw the outside of the building. It was at the corner of the San Lorenzo Market and Basilica which made it easy to find. Hard to find at night though!! Breakfast is provided although it's just toast. They are really strict about cleaning hours lock out though. :( overall, I really liked it!

Lovely place! If there is anything you could do to make the stairway leading up to the hostel feel safer (e.g. better lighting, clean it more frequently, etc.), it would be perfect!

• 9th Aug 2014

Perfect location basically right in the center of town. Staff very nice. A bit of a language barrier with the woman, but the man who checked us in was fluent in English and lovely. Probably one of the cleanest and quietest places Ive stayed during my 3 month travelling. Not very social for solo travelers, but maybe that was just during the time I was there. Kitchen average, but bathroom was super clean and HAD A BATH. Really nice place!

Found the owner to be very rude upon departure, turning off the wifi whilst another traveller and I were trying to load up our maps at Reception to route our next destination. He watched us struggle wondering why nothing was loading before we realised then he abruptly told us to leave!

Great place to stay when visiting florence. Very close to train and walking distance to all things in central. Really enjoyed my stay here. No bunk beds was a pleasant suprise, and the loft style room felt like you were in an apartment rather then a "dorm". Basic breakfast but decent wifi in bed rooms. Would stay again! Thank you :)

A very clean and spacious hostel. The room I was staying in was gorgeous with enormous windows and beds on an upper loft. Probably one of the prettiest places I've stayed. The location is excellent and close to everything. I didn't find it to be the most social hostel since access to the common rooms is limited after certain hours, but a great place to stay.

Wish I stayed longer, so clean and tidy, the showers were great. Also good location!

This place was nice and clean and had aircon which was a plus, shame about the lockout. Great location close to the markets and station. Also had a fantastic bathroom which looked quite new. Breakfast was a bit average, just toast and coffee, would be nice if included pastries or ham & cheese or some fruit or at least a cup of tea. Other than that a pleasant little place to stay.