Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

The owner and staff were so welcoming! The hostel facilities are the cleanest I've ever seen, the bathrooms were super clean and the bedding was washed everyday. They are strict about you being out of your room between 11am and 2pm. But as a result the entire hostel was sparkling clean. The hostel was perfectly located near everything! Is highly recommend staying here!

• 13th Jul 2014

While the location was excellent it was very difficult to find and not at all marked. While the rooms themselves were okay and the common area was nice the overall feelibg was very dirty. For the price staying further away somewhere nicer is highly recommended since Florence is only a small city and easily navigated by foot.

The breakfast and cleaning lady was very friendly and made the stay even more memorable. Antonio was also extremely friendly and helped whenever he could.

• 8th Jul 2014

Very clean, nice and spacious room. Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was little, but good considering the price. Absolutley better than nothing. I had a great stay!

Nice quiet hostel very close to all attractions. Definitely not a party hostel. Very close to s.novella train station made this hostel great for seeing all the sites of Florence. Basic breakfast of toast and coffee

WIFI didn't work in the room due to old, thick, concrete walls. We had to go to the common room which is only open until midnight. There was a washer in our room, which was great, but no dryer. When we asked if we could hang our clothes on the lines outside, we were told no. We made due by hanging clothes in front of a fan in the room. It was very hot and no air conditioning. Again, we used the fan. The location near the San Lorenzo market is amazing but the directions online aren't good at all.

One of the best places we stayed at for a hostel with plenty of room and strong wi-fi everywhere

Lock out between 11 and 2 pm is serious business. I was sitting in the foyer at 12 pm and the older lady told me, in emotive italian, to leave the property. Conversely, they do a good job cleaning. You have access to small lockers in the communal area. I didn't use them. The hostel is clean and orderly with a fantastic location. The younger gents are very helpful. Older italian lady is like a Italian mother - if you cross her, she'll fire her shoe at you (forgive the Eddie Murphy reference).

Everything is great, like breakfast will be served by the nice lady in the kitchen. The thai staff was helpful too when checking in and providing info about that place. There is a "lockdown" period for cleaning between 11am-2pm where you cant stay in your room, but it doesnt bother me. The only small issue i had was that the wifi is a little spotty at my room.

Loved loved loved emerald palace! Our four person private room was gorgeous and spacious with two beds located on an upper lofted floor. It was also decorated in all purple. Would definitely stay again!

• 27th Jun 2014

quiet nice, got everything very good.

Overall great experience only tiny flaws were no lockers, however room had a secure lock so didn't bother me personally & WiFi didn't really work. This wasn't too much of an issue however as bars and restaurants had WiFi just a bit irritating at night or in the morning before you leave.

Breakfast isn't much, but everything else was great.

We loved our stay at this hostel. It is in the ehart of a really cool market and a 5 minute walk from everything you want to see in Florence. The woman who checked us in was sweet and happily answered our questions. There aren't big lockers for your bag, but small ones for valuables. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious, and the bathroom wa a dream. The cherry on top is that it is a 5 minute walk from the train station. I would absolutely reccommend this hostel.

Great location...very helpful staff...fabulous room.

Takes time to find the hostel and about 15 mins. on foot from station with luggage. No lift, Simple breakfast. My room for 6 beds (duplex) large, clean, and new decoratoin. Restuarants, food court, supermarket are near the hostel. Nice staff and helpful.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Would highly recommend this hostel! Staying here really was a memorable experience which really added to our overall stay in Florence. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived. The dorm was spacious and very clean. Good atmosphere in the hostel in general and the location is perfect. A short stroll from the centre and right next to the leather market and food market! The breakfast was good with a staff member making fresh coffee and insisting on doing the washing-up!

Stayed just a single night but was worth evey dollar!! Very clean , nice staff , fantastic location . The only draw back would be the noise coming from the streets at such an early time in the mornings. I arrived and they even upgraded me for free!! Definetley recommend this hostel :)

Hardto find when the msrkets are all up. Said to pay in cash but then when got there had to pay by card as cash was too difficult for some reason. Only stayed one night but didnt seem to have too much of a party atmosphete but is a good location for all things to do in florence. I checkec out at 7.20am and there wasno one at reception vso had to leave my keys with a note...

Amazing location which was very clean. The staff were very nice and helpful and I felt comfortable during my whole stay. The only downside is that it can be noisy in the morning due to the street vendors setting up

• 7th Jun 2014