Emerald Palace Reviews

Via del Ariento 2, Florence, Italy

Everything was great! We could see the Duomo from our window, and it felt very safe and clean. I was worried when I heard they had a lockout from 11-2 for cleaning and I had to catch a train at 12:30 and didn't want to tour with my bag, but they were great and let me keep it stored there until I picked it up. There are a funny smell associated with the sink/ shower though I was told by someone else that is quite common for the water system. Got to meet some great people!

Nice place. Rooms were pretty clean and so was the bathroom. Just needs an update. Kind of old. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Great location.

A bit different from ordinary hostels, but nice place, perfectly corresponding to the atmosphere of Florence. It is really a kind of palace... All personnel are friendly and warm-hearted. A paradox: we almost missed the train because there was nobody at the reception and we could not take our luggage from depository. But we let it off easily. They were so nice with us and the place was so charming, that we left this hostel full of good memories.

Very close to all main attraction in Florence. Room is very clean and spacious. Breakfast is included. Staff are very helpful and they recommended some really nice restaurants for us. Remember there's no elevator (the hostel is on the 2nd floor). But it didn't bother me at all since I don't have much luggage.

The rooms are awesome and so the location, security is pretty good also, the only problem was the kitchen, there was no kitchen just a microwave to use; but everything awesome; just a small tip: don't bring heavy luggage here, too many steps to get to the lobby.

Good location, but it's more a guesthouse than a hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as it's hard to socialize. And you should speak some Italian as dealing with the staff might get a bit tricky if you don't..;-)

• 27th Nov 2014

A great place to stay. The location was really central, and had a great view. The staff were friendly, and the room was nice. The bathroom was good, and there were plenty of plug sockets and bed side lights. The wifi signal was good, and there are plenty of places nearby to get food.

Staff was amazing and friendly and rooms were so nice and clean. Security was very good and they have lockers available if needed. Location was perfect and the price was still low! We've been to a lot of hostels since we've been in Europe and this was definitely our favorite.

We had an excellent time at Emerald Palace! It is an amazing location right near the Duomo. I travelled with one other person and they upgraded us to a double provate room for the same price. This was perfect. Also the faculty is extremely nice and the breakfast was cookies and tea or coffee and toast with mermallade. It was good and free, so I liked that as well.

Rooms were large and spacious. Everything was very clean. Would definitely recommend the Emerald Palace to others.

The most comfortable bed in a hostel ever. The lady who manages the place during the day is very sweet and served the breakfast with kindness. I really enjoyed my stay there. The place is spotless clean. The only thing that could be improved is the wifi connection which cut out and was less strong from my room.

great location!! The owners mainly speak Italian, but understand English well enough. Very very nice people!!

Pros : Clean facility and close to the centre and the train station. cool view out of the window !! Cons : Unfriendly staff, not much of an atmosphere, terrible wifi Overall the experience wasn't bad, it was just ok.

Really friendly, helpful and thorough staff. Great, clean facilities. Superb location next to the best food market in town!

• 20th Oct 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. Close to the train station and everything in Florence is walking distance.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Egypt

Great location no elevator, and the hostle is at 3/F

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was so charming!! Not great to meet other travelers, but we got lucky and met some fun people while we were there. The breakfast is ok but small. It's very clean and open; you get tons of space! The stairs up to the place are steep though, so if you have trouble with stairs maybe not the best. Overall very happy!

The man at the front desk threw me off my chair and threatened to hit me with it. Worst hostel experience ever. I would never recommend anyone to stay here.

• 10th Oct 2014

Loved my stay here - the hostel is in a great location with everything at walking distance. The room was super clean and Antonio (at the reception) briefed me about the city during check in and helped me booking activities, finding good places to eat, etc. Don't be scared of the steep stairs - this is probably a historical building! I'm definitely going back.

Incredible location with a view towards the Duomo. Antonio made you feel truly at home and was incredibly helpful and gave us further tips for the rest of our holiday in Italy... His night staff however could use an injection of personality. Overall no complaints if looking for a quieter place to stay and would recommend highly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7