Emerald Palace

8.8
Fabulous 1819 Total Reviews

19th Jul 2017
7.1

There's a lock out during the middle of the day from 11 to 2 when they clean the whole place. While a little weird I was fine with this. However, when they cleaned my room they threw away some of my nice underwear which I'd left out. It was very weird and pissed me off. I ended up leaving a day early. Awesome location though.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

It was amazing! We were able to check in early and the woman who works at the front desk is incredible.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2017
5.7

The location was great. AC was set to 25C on low and was only on between 6pm and 8am which resulted in the room being uncomfortably warm most evenings. One evening I returned to find that they had placed someone else in my bed. I'm fairly certain that the fitted bed sheet and pillowcases aren't changed between guests. Breakfast was included- a cup of coffee and some toast/yogurt. The saving grace of this hostel was the woman serving breakfast in the mornings as she was very kind.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

A great place to be!!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
14th Jul 2017
7.7

Nice and very clean. Bit pricey for me but was definitely comfortable and quiet. Not too easy to meet other travellers though.

• sarahcarmichael8339
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

Wonderful experience staying here! Walking distance from the main train station and most Florence attractions. Would definitely stay again.

• USA, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
5.1

This was my worst experience with a hostel using hostel world. We booked a 3 bed mixed dorm and upon showing up we were told that they had overbooked. They split us up and put us into separate 4 bed mixed dorms. All of this afternwiing an hour for them to figure out a solution. They told us that the next day they would have a bed situation figured out and when we returned from our day they didn't have our situation figured out again. When I asked for compensation they offered me a 5 € discount.

• USA, Male, 18-24
10th Jul 2017
6.6

Good location, friendly staff although they speak very poor English which led to some miscommunication. It's an okay place to stay if you're on a budget, but there are probably better hostels in the same price range in Florence. It's clean and overall well kept, but there are no safes or lockers, the AC struggles to keep the rooms cool, the breakfast is very small and it's hard to communicate with the staff. 6.6/10

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Jul 2017

Really wonderful stay here. The location is very central and the staff is incredibly welcoming, warm, and helpful. One of the younger men working there planned out an entire 'non-touristy' night for us and it was wonderful. Make sure to say buonjourno first thing in the morning when "mama" serves you breakfast.

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2017

We loved our experience here! We can't recommend this enough! A slight note is that there are 3 flights of stairs so just a pre warning! The staff were lovely, couldn't do enough, rooms were so clean, and we even got an upgrade on arrival (& an early check in!) we wanted to change our dates as our routes changed and they accommodated this amazingly! The rooms were spacious and had air conditioning! Honestly one of the best hostels we've stayed in!