Fabulous 1,605 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,605 Total Reviews
Emerald Palace Located at Via del Ariento 2, , Florence.
Italy
Florence 50129 Via del Ariento 2
86% 1605
43.7763618 11.2527787
    Rooms available

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
19th Sep 2016
8.0

Amazing location just few hundred meters from the Duomo. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. My room had a great view on the adjacent church. Unfortunately the street is cleaned every night around midnight which distracts from sleep.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2016

I could not have been any more excited when I entered my 4 bed dorm room! It is adorable with the loft and is so spacious! There are three very long staircases to climb, but it really isn't that bad. Also, the air conditioning was awesome, but only turns on at night which was fine for me. The one issue I had was I woke up on my last day with multiple bites around my face, neck, and arms, but could definitely have just been from a mosquito in the room as they seem to love me.

• chloeatkins_2022
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016
8.0

Very spacious, nice bathroom. No complaints

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
5th Sep 2016

Perfect staff! They are so nice and helpful. I love the lady!!!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
5th Sep 2016

Was given a map and told of all the main sites to go to when checking in. Location is excellent to see the city and lots of restaurants nearby. The lady that serves breakfast was very friendly. Not the most social hostel but ideal for seeing the city.

28th Aug 2016
7.1

The location was superb, everything you need to see was within walking distance! I dont think there is a better hostel for location in Firenze! Please note there is no lift. I had a rather heavy/large suitcase and had to bring it up all those flights...The breakfast lady does yell at you to sit, it's a little funny. I met some interesting people there which is good- someone did knock over my macbook...which i wasnt happy about. Also there is A/C! but there are certain hours when you can use it.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
8.0

We got upgraded from a shared room to a private room with the most amazing view. It's so close to the duomo and a bunch of other attractions, and only a 5 minute walk from the SMN train station. Honestly loved this place. Only downside was the 6.5 billion stairs we had to climb daily due to no elevator

23rd Aug 2016
6.0

It seems that the reception was in a clinic or something like that. There was no place to sit for a while and the woman was so unfriendly to the guests, before the check-in time. I think, when someone accepts to have a hostel, must accept that some people arrive sooner and they could have the chance to just sit somewhere for at least one hour.

23rd Aug 2016
5.4

Booked this place thinking it would be a fun hostel to meet other people at. That's not the case. It has a very bread & breakfast feel and is run by a lady who doesn't really speak English. She also is very unwelcoming and makes you feel like your presence is a burden to her. You can't ask questions or get resources or tips. There's no opportunity to meet people, a bit too quiet. Breakfast is very insubstantial. Being kicked out at 11 is worse than I thought as well. I would recommend avoidi

• Germany, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2016
6.9

I'm quite split in my opinion about this hostel: The location is amazing I've never see such a spacious dorm; the fact that hallway, kitchenette and bathroom were separated from this dorm made it feel like an apartment more than like a dorm. However, I missed atmosphere. It was difficult to make contact with other travelers. Some of them also had issues as the staff spoke English with lots of Italian vocabulary. Finally, I felt they charged too much for implicitness's (luggage storage)