Emeralds Place Reviews

Cannaregio 5590/A, Venice, Italy

this hostel iş very difficult to find. if you go there before 10 pm you have to wait in front of the hostel. there iş only 2 bathroom in the hostel. i dont recommend this hostel. and it is very expensive.

as written on the internet, the reception closes at 19:30 is that in the structure there are two bathrooms for 3 bedrooms is great

Our room was the hallway to the only two bathrooms in the hostel, the dividing "wall" is a row of cabinets for your things. Upon arriving I was informed that they had messed up cabinet arrangements so I had to wait for one, without offering any real solution for where I could put my things. After checkout they charge you 2 € a person to store luggage in the kitchen which is accessible to anybody staying there. The private bathrooms are nice but plan on waiting in the morning. Overall it was okay

Even though I found found the hostel quite expensive it when I booked, it turned out to be surprisingly okay. The location is great, it is on the actual island which saves you a lot of money and time spend on the waterbusses. The hostel is kept very clean and the room I stayed in was rather large. That said the reception was never open and it felt much more like renting a room in an apartment than like a hostel but if one can accept that it is very fine.

There was no staff most of the time. There was no life at this hostel, they gave us a copy of a map instead of a real map so I was not able to see where I was. The instalations where good, but not much clean. I wanted to watch tv but there was nobody to ask where was the remote control. Some people arrive to the hostel and there was anyone to open the door. I think that in relation to the quality it was really really expensive.

hello I'm sorry but as written on the site reception is not always open

This hostel is extremely difficult to find but it's in a nice location in the middle of downtown Venice. There is no staff there at night so when the toilet paper runs out (like it did when we were there) there is no one to ask for more. The hostel charged the full price listed online plus an additional fee for sheets. When I mentioned the deposit made online they claimed that was the websites booking fee. It was a little disappointing to say the least.

hello I wanted to inform you we are not a hotel so we do not have a full time reception desk, the toilet paper is provided 4 times per day to avoid ending. what you have paid in more agency fees are as written in the book DEPOSIT

There wasnt even hand soap, neither hand towel in the bathroom. My room didnt even had a door, it was just a short wall that divide in half a room, it was very noisy.

I would not stay here if I were you. The manager is inflexible in his policies and more concerned about his personal bottom line than customer service. Don't stay here unless you want to risk getting screwed over.

• 1st May 2014

hello when you book, it means that you respect the rules of the agency and the price of the property.

Place itself is pretty, and comfy. My room wasn't a bedroom, it was just a separate area "open" to anyone. Staff could be better, no 24hs reception, keep that in mind, they almost canceled my booking. They charge you 5€ for the linen what I think is STUPID...what are you paying whit the general price then? When you pay for a hostel is implicit that you are paying for a BED, with SHEETS on it.. I ended up paying around 45€ the night. Location perfect, easy to find and close from everywhere.

Old building with some decaying Venetian charm. Room was essentially in a hallway, people made plenty of noise walking through. It seems there were only two bathrooms for many rooms, so you have to queue up for showers a lot. These guys like to nickel and dime you, watch out for the obligatory sheet fee. Reception is only there when anticipating new guests and they quickly leave the building once you check in. Stay here if you need to, but only if you can't find better.

Be careful with this hostel! They will ask for extra taxes, not only for local fees (3€ per person per night, everywhere in Venezia) but also for bed sheets (5€ per person), which is not acceptable!!!

Staying at this hostel was a huge regret. There was rarely ever somebody at the front desk to answer questions or give suggestions on places to visit. Nobody gave is a map. The hallway always smelled DISGUSTING. Nobody talked to us, the atmosphere was dead. The place seemed deserted. The doors were difficult to close and lock. One of the rooms didn't even have a door, just a wall. All in all I would never recommend this place to anybody. The ONLY pro was the location.

hello we are sorry about your experience, you have found everything that you have booked, the reception is not always open because we are not a hotel but a b&b