Emeralds Place

Rating 221 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Oct 2016
4.0

The staff here were barely ever there so I heard some stories where people couldn't even check in because they weren't there. They also have no computer system so store all information they have on anyone staying there on a piece of paper in a locked cupboard which I didn't like. The not being able to pay by card is also a pain. They have a washing machine but charge you 5euros to use it but then there's no where to dry your clothes, they had a printer but it didn't work.

dear guest the staff of emeralds place, sent by email to all guests of the information for check-in, and how to get to our hotel, as well we wrote we are not a hotel with reception always open, but if you let us know your time of arrival you will always find a person ready for your check-in. and I am sorry that is not appreciated by you because the place is very clean in the heart of Venice for us cleanliness is the most important thing in the holiday greetings

10th Oct 2016
7.1

Venice is expensive, but this place provides a good value so you can have a home base while you explore the city. It's a little tricky to find at first, but I think everything is tricky to find in Venice. I used the Rialto as my guide--as long as I could find it, I knew I could make it back to my room. The facilities themselves were okay. Comfy bed, nice shower--you don't need much more. Breakfast would have been a nice addition, but there's a supermarket not far from the hostel. No kitchen :(

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Oct 2016
4.3

This hostel was fairly dreary. The only time reception was around was to check people in - and you needed to respond to an email to ensure someone will be there at the right time else you will be stuck outside. The staff were alright, but a little condescending. The place was also quite small, with a tiny common area you wouldn't meet people here and the facilities were quite lacking, especially for the cost of the place.