Emeralds Place Reviews

Cannaregio 5590/A, Venice, Italy

Nice place to stay

Great place for sleeping, but not much else. The manager was super friendly and helpful, but was not always there during the hours he claimed it was open because he managed another hostel at the same time. That being said, he was always accessible by email. As someone traveling alone, I would have really liked a better atmosphere where I could have more easily meet people to hang out with, people mostly did there own thing since there wasn't a breakfast, bar, etc to bring people together.

Spacious clean room, good location. My bad I didn't read the fine print saying city tax is not included. MAKE SURE you let them know your arrival time in advance. Otherwise you will have to call or email the staff to check-In and wait 20-30 mins. I hope you bring a good map of Venice. Hostel was hard to find at first. I couldn't find Emeralds place on my iPhone map. You will be able to find "Palazzo Rosa". It's in same building. Cooking is not allowed so kitchen was clean. I'll stay there again.

My stay at Emerald's Palace overall was a positive experence. It is in a good location, easy to find (once you've found it once, like everything in Venice), and a great price, especially for such an expensive city. However I did find the staff not the most friendly, they weren't mean or rude, just not welcoming, like it was a bother to check you in. The rooms were very clean, as well as the bathrooms, but there are no hand towels or paper towels in the bathrooms, which I find rather annoying.

• 24th Apr 2015

Bit of a scam hostel. I booked a room with 4 people - there were 5. Which wouldnt be a problem, but they charge for every little thing. 5euros to store your stuff there, 5 euro charge for sheets (with nothing said in case you brought your own), etc. etc. No cooking allowed. Which wasn't a problem, but that is a reason many people stay in hostels is to save money on food. Overall, this hostel left a bad taste in my mouth and confirmed some stereotypes about customer service in Italy.

dear guest all extra costs are written in the important information on our web page, it is not written anywhere on the internet that you can cook this is not a restaurant, there is a kitchen with a microwave to heat food, a hot water kettle and a refrigerator, forks, plates and glasses.

Served its purpose I guess. No signs to let you know you've arrived, when I did arrive within the check in window I was met with a sign telling me to call them. As a traveller without a travel cell plan, I was frustrated. Finally came to get me, was lead through what looked liked an abandoned building. Everything was clean but had to share two bathrooms with 13 other people (I was the 14th). A roommate was thrown in with us and didn't receive a locker as there are only 10 available. Go elsewhere

hello. has not been thrown any additional person in your room, and each person has his private locker, do not understand why you wrote these things if you do not know the structure of the organization, you have to wait outside the door because as written on the website, you have not communicated your arrival time at the station or at 'airport and possibly your delayed because the reception is not always open.

Staff is great, friendly people!