Emerson House Bed and Breakfast Reviews

11th Street, NE, Washington DC, USA

Bed is very squeaky and carpets are a little dusty. That being said, the washroom is rather clean. Also, Valida was nice enough to let us use the washing machine and dryer so that saved us the trouble of having to find a laundromat.

I am surprised that the Value For Money rating is not higher considering the fact that I saved the couple money by making the laundry available. Oh Well, I do my best to make my guests comfortable. I will consider raising prices to get a better bed.

We found the bathroom had not been cleaned, the last guest towels had not been changed, The table cloth had not been cleaned. The bed linen was clean but only given 1 towel to share. It took 2 days to get an extra towel. The bed squeaked terribly as did the timber floors above making sleeping difficult. Booked this place as a bed and breakfast as listed on your web site but were told that was incorrect however the proprietor gave us cereal and bread. The home kitchen was never cleaned.

I hadn't realised that it would be so far away from Washington DC city centre. The family members were very nice and friendly, as was the other guest, and the en-suite bathroom was nicely decorated. You get an entire room and bathroom to yourself, with free wi-fi, electric blanket, TV etc. However, I was slightly put off by the sign in the local park which warns people not to go there after a certain time. For work purposes, it is much easier to stay in central DC.

• 11th Apr 2014