Emerson House Reviews

11th Street, NE, Washington DC, USA

Spaceous, confortable, calm and big bedroom with private bathroom in the basement. The only bad points are that nearby there's only a mcdonalds to eat, but no problem if you buy food to store on the mini-refirgerator and heat in the microwave available in the bedroom, if you like to eat before get around. And the late checkin time on working days but host are very friendly and helpful.

Nice room with air condition and water for free. Very nice staff. Sometimes a little bit noisy at night.

Bed is very squeaky and carpets are a little dusty. That being said, the washroom is rather clean. Also, Valida was nice enough to let us use the washing machine and dryer so that saved us the trouble of having to find a laundromat.

I am surprised that the Value For Money rating is not higher considering the fact that I saved the couple money by making the laundry available. Oh Well, I do my best to make my guests comfortable. I will consider raising prices to get a better bed.

We found the bathroom had not been cleaned, the last guest towels had not been changed, The table cloth had not been cleaned. The bed linen was clean but only given 1 towel to share. It took 2 days to get an extra towel. The bed squeaked terribly as did the timber floors above making sleeping difficult. Booked this place as a bed and breakfast as listed on your web site but were told that was incorrect however the proprietor gave us cereal and bread. The home kitchen was never cleaned.

View all Washington DC Bed and Breakfasts