Emerson House Reviews

11th Street, NE, Washington DC, USA

Valida is a great hostess we felt right at home. Walking distance from subway and buses that get you right to sight seeing in Washington DC. There is great tv with a lot of viewing options. There is microwave and treats you can have. It was a great stay. Thanks!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Israel

The worse ever Very very bad Dont even think to book her Very very far you need taxi for 40$ to get to this place No pulic transportation I call the hostel 25 time 2 day before no one answe I send email no one answe And t when there 40 min looking for it Not easy to find When i ring the door bell no one answe No one at the hoster ( it is house not hostel ) The manger is theif steal my booking mony I when to other hostel The manager even dont apolagize Dont think to book here ever

This was a nice room and the shared accomidations were fine, but in use sometimes. The bed was comfortable and private, my host was hospitable and gave me space to do my own thing.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Emerson House is interesting. Valida, the owner is really nice, friendly and helpful. The location is okay - 15mins by train from Union Station. The venue is what you pay for, so can't complain too much. It's essentially a basement in Valida's home which has a TV, bed, couch, and bathroom. There is a lock to the door to the basement. Overall, good place to stay, but note that it is located within the home of the owner, so access is through the house - kind of like an Air BnB arrangement.

• 21st Oct 2014

Spaceous, confortable, calm and big bedroom with private bathroom in the basement. The only bad points are that nearby there's only a mcdonalds to eat, but no problem if you buy food to store on the mini-refirgerator and heat in the microwave available in the bedroom, if you like to eat before get around. And the late checkin time on working days but host are very friendly and helpful.

Nice room with air condition and water for free. Very nice staff. Sometimes a little bit noisy at night.

Bed is very squeaky and carpets are a little dusty. That being said, the washroom is rather clean. Also, Valida was nice enough to let us use the washing machine and dryer so that saved us the trouble of having to find a laundromat.

I am surprised that the Value For Money rating is not higher considering the fact that I saved the couple money by making the laundry available. Oh Well, I do my best to make my guests comfortable. I will consider raising prices to get a better bed.

View all Washington DC Bed and Breakfasts