Emile Hostel Reviews

Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar

Location of this hostel is great - very close to old market and main street. The rest was so-so. I was alone and I felt unsecure a bit...Staff was ok - nice and helpful l asked for towel and blanket and they gave me without problems. Place and my room was clean - generally :-) It is hostel not hotel! :)

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Poland

This is the best hostel in Gibraltar, simply because this is the only hostel in Gibraltar. The owner and his staff are nice people, but the reality is that they don't run a good business. There is no free lockers for storing valuables. You have to pay for it. They give you a key to open the main door, but I didn't see them locking the doors. There are only basic facilities, enough for a comparatively cheap stay in Gibraltar. It's located right next to Casemate Square. Good location.

• 9th Aug 2015

Owner and helpful .

• 8th Jun 2015

It was uncomfortable and it was expensive for what you got... next time I would simply stay in a hotel or somewhere else. Not worth it. They need to improve on atmosphere such as walking tours.

• 13th May 2015

For amount I paid I expected much more. Old uncomfortable beds, confused personal. We had problems to recognize who works for the hostel and who don't. Shared showers without sinks, the only one is in the toilet.

• 1st May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Overall good stay. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Great location, right next to Casemates Square. Staff wasn't around at times and it really hurt another guest staying (he had a flight to catch but they held on to his passport - they hold on to if you haven't paid yet). Staff was overall nice but apathetic.

First of all: This is the only hostel at Gibraltar, not suprised they said theay are "The best hostel of Gibraltar". They don´t have any change. So if you pay like 20 pound, but should only pay like 17, 60 pund, its up to you to fix the change. No breakfast is included. The staff just sit in the lobby and look at TV.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I'd had some reservations before I arrived here because some of the other reviews weren't great but those concerns were completely unfounded. Yes it's a bit pricey for a hostel but it's still at least $100 cheaper than any hotel in Gibraltar. The staff were very kind as helpful. When I found out I lost my phone charger, they called around to see if any of the electronics stores on the rock were still open. They weren't but their willingness to help me really made an impact. Would stay again.

• 15th Apr 2015

I got an average bed in an average room with no locker in it to store my stuff. Lockers can be rent for £1 per day. Besides that it seemed to be easily to sneak in, as the responsible guy wasn't always there, but a friend of him to which you could have easily lied to get in. Staff was okay, but wasn't exactly obliging. And they didn't know that I booked a bed, or in other I had to pay the full £20 and it wasn't guaranteed in advance that I will have a bed.