Emile Hostel Reviews

Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar

For amount I paid I expected much more. Old uncomfortable beds, confused personal. We had problems to recognize who works for the hostel and who don't. Shared showers without sinks, the only one is in the toilet.

• 1st May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Overall good stay. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Great location, right next to Casemates Square. Staff wasn't around at times and it really hurt another guest staying (he had a flight to catch but they held on to his passport - they hold on to if you haven't paid yet). Staff was overall nice but apathetic.

First of all: This is the only hostel at Gibraltar, not suprised they said theay are "The best hostel of Gibraltar". They don´t have any change. So if you pay like 20 pound, but should only pay like 17, 60 pund, its up to you to fix the change. No breakfast is included. The staff just sit in the lobby and look at TV.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I'd had some reservations before I arrived here because some of the other reviews weren't great but those concerns were completely unfounded. Yes it's a bit pricey for a hostel but it's still at least $100 cheaper than any hotel in Gibraltar. The staff were very kind as helpful. When I found out I lost my phone charger, they called around to see if any of the electronics stores on the rock were still open. They weren't but their willingness to help me really made an impact. Would stay again.

• 15th Apr 2015

I got an average bed in an average room with no locker in it to store my stuff. Lockers can be rent for £1 per day. Besides that it seemed to be easily to sneak in, as the responsible guy wasn't always there, but a friend of him to which you could have easily lied to get in. Staff was okay, but wasn't exactly obliging. And they didn't know that I booked a bed, or in other I had to pay the full £20 and it wasn't guaranteed in advance that I will have a bed.

"Best hostel in Gibraltar", just because there is only that one. Don't expect more than a bed for the night, and not even a good one. My bedsheets looked realy dirty, I used my owne sleeponf bag the first time since Asia. When I asked for the kitchen at night, I was lucky to get a knife and a fork, normally the kitchen in privat and not to be used by any guests. The location is good, 15 Minutes walk to the bus station in La Linea and 2 minutes to the main shopping area of Gibraltar.

This hostel was a gem of a find especially for the price as staying anywhere in Gibraltar is expensive normally. After reading awful reviews on trip advisor I can honestly say that most people do not leave a review if its positive. The owner was friendly and accommodating and even though i had arrived two days early was able to fit me in.

• 4th Feb 2015