Emile Hostel Reviews

Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar

I'd had some reservations before I arrived here because some of the other reviews weren't great but those concerns were completely unfounded. Yes it's a bit pricey for a hostel but it's still at least $100 cheaper than any hotel in Gibraltar. The staff were very kind as helpful. When I found out I lost my phone charger, they called around to see if any of the electronics stores on the rock were still open. They weren't but their willingness to help me really made an impact. Would stay again.

• 15th Apr 2015

"Best hostel in Gibraltar", just because there is only that one. Don't expect more than a bed for the night, and not even a good one. My bedsheets looked realy dirty, I used my owne sleeponf bag the first time since Asia. When I asked for the kitchen at night, I was lucky to get a knife and a fork, normally the kitchen in privat and not to be used by any guests. The location is good, 15 Minutes walk to the bus station in La Linea and 2 minutes to the main shopping area of Gibraltar.

This hostel was a gem of a find especially for the price as staying anywhere in Gibraltar is expensive normally. After reading awful reviews on trip advisor I can honestly say that most people do not leave a review if its positive. The owner was friendly and accommodating and even though i had arrived two days early was able to fit me in.

• 4th Feb 2015