Emile Hostel Reviews

Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar

This seems to be the only hostel in Gibraltar so is quite pricy. Staff was friendly and very keen to help. Room was a bit worn and the taps in the basins all seemed to be temperamental. Perfect location right next to the main square but quiet at night. Ignore the map here on hostelworld - it's correctly marked on the tourist maps/boards around the city, next to casemates square.

A great stay in the heart of Gibraltar! The location of the hostel is amazing, as it is situated right by the Casemates square, in the center. The staff were very pleasant and I have no complaints about the facilities. I had a great stay, thanks!

I'm sorry but we can't really fill in the survey as we got married in gibraltar and had a lovely meal on the night and ended up being invited to a couples house for a party threw the night We didn't actual stay in the hostel

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The only downside is no kitchen apart from that its a very good hostel a very welcoming friendly place.

• 8th Jun 2014

Ok its not the best hostel but giblatar is the best place out there the staff are great and if i was heading back to gibaltar i would stay here agen!!!

small rooms, felt damp, Guy wasn't expecting us although we booked from the internet due to computer being down, Only hostel on Gibraltar and you pay for what you get i expect. Dirty bedding

• 12th Apr 2014

wash bed linen

The receptionist was such a rude dude. We arrived at 11 a.m. and he started to shout at me and my friends that the check-in was only after 3 p.m., being totally rude, and seemed that we kinda waked him up. The reception only worked at the reception and the price of the staying was pretty expensive. The worst thing at all was that the reception isn't 24h! We had to leave 6 a.m. and when we came to the reception to give the keys back the guy was SLEEPING and we had to leave the keys at the floor.

The staff was incredibly rude, and unbelievably disorganized. The room felt like it was barely being held together and it was nothing short of a prison cell. I found blood on the sheets before I even laid in it. It was an utter disaster.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Everything you need. Perfect for backpackers. The only issue imho - just two electric sockets in 6 bed room.

Well its pretty average, but being the only youth hostel in Gibraltar, it didn't do a bad job. The location was good, but I have to say in terms of cleanliness its not the best one you can find, this refers both to the shower room and the bedrooms.

First thing you think of when arriving is leaving! We were rudely welcomed, there were no lockers, and the general atmosphere was unfriendly. The facilities were a bit old too. Nevertheless the place was very clean and in the morning we met another member of staff who was very friendly and almost made us forget how rudely we were welcomed.

no directions to the hostel, but it is listed on all the big tourist maps coming into the city. no breakfast, and really loud karaoke/live music from the nearby pubs at night isn't great if you're trying to leave early in the morning. otherwise, pretty close to shops and restaurants, staff is nice, and it's really the only choice for a hostel in gibraltar.

The location is the best aspect of the hostel. It's located about 5 mins walk from the main square/high street and the marina where all the main bars and restaurants are. In terms of the hostel itself, the facilities are in good condition, and the rooms are fairly clean. Not much in the way of atmosphere but it seemed safe and the staff were friendly. Only down point of the hostel was the constant noise of the nearby clubs and the smell of the chip shops that gets into the dorms.

Very nice two nights and days! Thanks a lot!

It's all pretty Basic. I had the Feeling, the sheets had Not been washed and the Hostel did not look like the cleanest... There are no lockers in the dorm and the privates are really small. Nevertheless the staff was really friendly and tried its best to help. I think you can go there without a Problem, you're just have to be prepared...

Being the only real hostel in Gibraltar it did is job, has a nice location and a kind of social vibe. Not many backpackers go to Gibraltar i guess, but those who go probably stay at this hostel. Would go bakcck

This is my first stay in a hostel so have nothing to compare with. Looking forward to trying out others.

• 25th May 2013

There is no key for the mixed dorm - only for the front door - and no lockers, I guess ... had to take all my stuff with me! No that nice people ... no that clean ... But near the Square with bars an music.

It would have been nice to have use of a fridge

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4