Emile Hostel Reviews

Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar

All good. Would stay again.

前台小伙不错!但在这个小地方你真没得选。

Location of this hostel is great - very close to old market and main street. The rest was so-so. I was alone and I felt unsecure a bit...Staff was ok - nice and helpful l asked for towel and blanket and they gave me without problems. Place and my room was clean - generally :-) It is hostel not hotel! :)

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Poland

This is the best hostel in Gibraltar, simply because this is the only hostel in Gibraltar. The owner and his staff are nice people, but the reality is that they don't run a good business. There is no free lockers for storing valuables. You have to pay for it. They give you a key to open the main door, but I didn't see them locking the doors. There are only basic facilities, enough for a comparatively cheap stay in Gibraltar. It's located right next to Casemate Square. Good location.

RUBISH HOSTEL I AM NOT ADVICE ANY BODY STAY THEY BAD STAFF

• 9th Aug 2015

Owner and helpful .

• 8th Jun 2015

It was uncomfortable and it was expensive for what you got... next time I would simply stay in a hotel or somewhere else. Not worth it. They need to improve on atmosphere such as walking tours.

• 13th May 2015

For amount I paid I expected much more. Old uncomfortable beds, confused personal. We had problems to recognize who works for the hostel and who don't. Shared showers without sinks, the only one is in the toilet.

• 1st May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Overall good stay. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Great location, right next to Casemates Square. Staff wasn't around at times and it really hurt another guest staying (he had a flight to catch but they held on to his passport - they hold on to if you haven't paid yet). Staff was overall nice but apathetic.

First of all: This is the only hostel at Gibraltar, not suprised they said theay are "The best hostel of Gibraltar". They don´t have any change. So if you pay like 20 pound, but should only pay like 17, 60 pund, its up to you to fix the change. No breakfast is included. The staff just sit in the lobby and look at TV.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I'd had some reservations before I arrived here because some of the other reviews weren't great but those concerns were completely unfounded. Yes it's a bit pricey for a hostel but it's still at least $100 cheaper than any hotel in Gibraltar. The staff were very kind as helpful. When I found out I lost my phone charger, they called around to see if any of the electronics stores on the rock were still open. They weren't but their willingness to help me really made an impact. Would stay again.

• 15th Apr 2015

I got an average bed in an average room with no locker in it to store my stuff. Lockers can be rent for £1 per day. Besides that it seemed to be easily to sneak in, as the responsible guy wasn't always there, but a friend of him to which you could have easily lied to get in. Staff was okay, but wasn't exactly obliging. And they didn't know that I booked a bed, or in other I had to pay the full £20 and it wasn't guaranteed in advance that I will have a bed.

"Best hostel in Gibraltar", just because there is only that one. Don't expect more than a bed for the night, and not even a good one. My bedsheets looked realy dirty, I used my owne sleeponf bag the first time since Asia. When I asked for the kitchen at night, I was lucky to get a knife and a fork, normally the kitchen in privat and not to be used by any guests. The location is good, 15 Minutes walk to the bus station in La Linea and 2 minutes to the main shopping area of Gibraltar.

This hostel was a gem of a find especially for the price as staying anywhere in Gibraltar is expensive normally. After reading awful reviews on trip advisor I can honestly say that most people do not leave a review if its positive. The owner was friendly and accommodating and even though i had arrived two days early was able to fit me in.

• 4th Feb 2015

Hostel location is very good close to casemates square, staff were friendly, room and toilet were clean. Owner is a friendly and tries to accomodate if you have any specific requests. Wifi is slow and works only in dining hall/lobby. There are no locks to the rooms and only lock is to the main door. Overall you can stay here for couple of nights on your trip to Gibraltar as there are no other hostels around.

It was kind of scarry over there as there steyed only (drunk?) men and I'm a girl. It wasn't so clean there either. Don't stay there alone as a girl if you want to sleep in the night and not stay awake afraid to get stolen in the night. Thanks to the housekeepe - he gave me a room for my own and a key, otherwise I would have run away... Furthermore it wasn't clean and the beds had definitly no clean sheets!

• 15th Sep 2014

The location is actually pretty good, but that is about it, and I don't think this place deserves a high rating for that. There is no staff, no security, the owner wonders off at random intervals, no kitchen, no activities, the showers are crap, you need to brush your teeth in the toilet sink, no room keys so anybody can walk into any room, the beds are rickety and sagging> like sleeping in a wheelbarrow. This is the only hostel in Gibraltar. No competition, no effort. Don't go here.

I enjoyed my stay.Lauren was especially helpful.the location is excellent, in the centre of all your needs.but still tranquil at night.perfect for one night, or the long stay.

• 1st Sep 2014

As a Monopoly, there are no incentives to offer a better service. Only backpacking option in Gibraltar.

Unfortunately the only option for backpackers in gibraltar. Reception is very poor, finding someone there is rare, I waited outside for over half an hour before I could check in. There is no drinking on the premesis if you fancy a drink of an evening. No locks on bedroom door which would be find but there were no lockers either. Lights in the showers were not working and very poor showers. Receptionist said i could not check out before 8am so I just left the keys and went!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5