Emile Hostel Reviews

Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar

Emile Hostel is a no frills stay. Facilities are basic. No lock on dorm door, sometimes a bed sheet, no storage provided. Quite noisy at sunrise as the hostel overlooks the main road. Great location though, 1 min from main square. £20 p/n is expensive for what you get but if you just need a bed, it's fine compared to hotel prices! Although aloof at first, the owner is a lovely chap as were all the staff I met, esp Tariq and Idris :) I'd return but expect the very minimum.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. It's an ok hostel for one night, really well located in the centre and Gibraltar only needs a day to see. No lock but they kept my things in the office safe.

Pros: Location Cleanliness Nice outdoor seating area Small intimate hostel Friendly and helpful owner Cons: Check-in staff unwelcoming Old-fashioned We stayed, prepared from the quite negative reviews, most of which we thought were fair. However, Gibraltar is an amazing place, and if you spend a little bit of time getting to know the owner, he is a really friendly and helpful guy. So, if you can accept the somewhat old-school hostel, you'll have a great time visiting.

The owner was very obliging and went out of his way to make me comfortable. It was supposed to include breakfast but didn't but he deigned to make me a cup of coffee. Overall I was happy with my stay but for the price it was "bare-bones"

The hostel manager was very welcoming

• 27th Jul 2014

The hostel costs quite a lot; however Gibraltar itself is quite expensive, so the cost is not unreasonable. It is a very nice place to stay in. It was very quiet at night, and has a great location right in the centre of Gibraltar. It is best for short stays as there are no kitchen or clothes washing facilities. It is not really the type of place where you will meet fellow travellers if you are travelling alone as I was. Gibraltar and the surrounding area is amazing though - highly recommended!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

It's obvious that this hostel has no competition. It has no facilities other than a bed and the owners seem to do the minimum they have to. A little effort on their part would go a long way. Someone needs to open a decent hostel in Gibraltar. I would not stay here again.

All staff is good, but the best worker is Tariq - he is very kind and active , God bless him !

I was a tad worried about this one cause it's percentage wasn't too high, but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and helpful, the location was awesome, the dorms were well-used but clean and comfortable. It was by far the best deal on the Rock and we were quite glad we chose it.

This seems to be the only hostel in Gibraltar so is quite pricy. Staff was friendly and very keen to help. Room was a bit worn and the taps in the basins all seemed to be temperamental. Perfect location right next to the main square but quiet at night. Ignore the map here on hostelworld - it's correctly marked on the tourist maps/boards around the city, next to casemates square.

A great stay in the heart of Gibraltar! The location of the hostel is amazing, as it is situated right by the Casemates square, in the center. The staff were very pleasant and I have no complaints about the facilities. I had a great stay, thanks!

I'm sorry but we can't really fill in the survey as we got married in gibraltar and had a lovely meal on the night and ended up being invited to a couples house for a party threw the night We didn't actual stay in the hostel

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The only downside is no kitchen apart from that its a very good hostel a very welcoming friendly place.

• 8th Jun 2014

Ok its not the best hostel but giblatar is the best place out there the staff are great and if i was heading back to gibaltar i would stay here agen!!!

small rooms, felt damp, Guy wasn't expecting us although we booked from the internet due to computer being down, Only hostel on Gibraltar and you pay for what you get i expect. Dirty bedding

• 12th Apr 2014

wash bed linen

The receptionist was such a rude dude. We arrived at 11 a.m. and he started to shout at me and my friends that the check-in was only after 3 p.m., being totally rude, and seemed that we kinda waked him up. The reception only worked at the reception and the price of the staying was pretty expensive. The worst thing at all was that the reception isn't 24h! We had to leave 6 a.m. and when we came to the reception to give the keys back the guy was SLEEPING and we had to leave the keys at the floor.

The staff was incredibly rude, and unbelievably disorganized. The room felt like it was barely being held together and it was nothing short of a prison cell. I found blood on the sheets before I even laid in it. It was an utter disaster.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Everything you need. Perfect for backpackers. The only issue imho - just two electric sockets in 6 bed room.

Well its pretty average, but being the only youth hostel in Gibraltar, it didn't do a bad job. The location was good, but I have to say in terms of cleanliness its not the best one you can find, this refers both to the shower room and the bedrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4