6.9
Good 236 Total Reviews
6.9
Good 236 Total Reviews
Emile Hostel Located at Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
Gibraltar
Gibraltar Gibraltar Montagu Bastion, Line Wall Road
69% 236
36.1333333 -5.3500000
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Sep 2016
4.0

The over all service was well below par. The only bonus was the courtyard. There is no security to place you belongings and no locks on the room doors.The kitchen isn't allowed to be used but on the booking it says kitchen available. The man who was working there is not friendly at all. This is the only hostel in gibb, so no competition to up the stay. So disappointing it could be so much more. Not happy with this stay and I wouldn't recommend it. A young man who worked here was the only nice 1

• China, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

Emile Hostel is the cheapest, also the only one hostel in Gibraltar. We booked the mixed dorm but the staff change it to a double room with the same price, which is good for us. The location is perfectly central, 7 minutes' walk to the central bus transfer station "market places", 2 minutes' walk to the nearest bus station. The staff members are kind and helpful. However the facilities are old and the double room is not very big. Anyway it is the cheapest hostel and you get exactly what you paid

• USA, Male, 31-40
7th Sep 2016
5.1

They couldn't find my booking when I arrived and treated me very gruffly. I wasn't even sure who was in charge when I got off the bus and walked into the location. I asked repeatedly about Wifi and an ATM and was sacartiscally told that they weren't the most important things in the world. The fact that outside food and drinks are not allowed on premise is idiotic because it's a hostel. Every other hostel I've been to has allowed for me to cook on site. MUCH MORE TO WRITE BUT CAN'T!!!!!!!!

• England, Couple, 25-30
7th Sep 2016

When we got to the hostel, the man who checked us in very kindly said he would put us in a private room at no extra cost even though we had only paid to be in a mixed dorm. The breakfast we had on the last day was very nice! The only problem we had was that we had no access to the kitchen and as I am diabetic I need to store my insulin in a fridge, but we couldn't find anyone to ask where I could do this. Apart from this our stay was very pleasant and would recommend staying there.

• Scotland, Male, 41+
3rd Sep 2016
8.0

It was ok, a bit hot but its summer. Get earplugs, its close to a road, where mopeds can be heard easily at night, not busy but they zip by. Everything Gibralter has to offer is within walking distance from the hostel. Big showers, and its got a small cafe attached, so you can get a breakfast if you want. Its got a cold bottled water dispenser, half a Euro, half a litre. The owner is always there, Lawrence, a very decent man & likes a cigarette, keeping a sharp eye on things.

3rd Sep 2016

I stayed at the emile hostel for the gibraltar music festival last weekend and really enjoyed my stay. The price for the hostel cant be beat as this is the only hostel in gibraltar i think i paid 21 pounds a night which is very good value. The hostel is in a fantastic location, just 5 minutes away from cassemates square so the location is great. The owner is a really nice bloke very pleasant and chatty to everyone staying at the hostel and the staff are also very helpful to everyone. nice hostel

• England, Couple, 31-40
1st Sep 2016
6.6

Dorm was too hot so we opted for a private room which is a separate building. Broken Showers, windows and toilet seats, basically just 2 beds in a room! Rooms not cleaned and price was not as quoted on hostelworld, also tried keeping deposit paid saying this was a hostel world payment for the booking. Cockerels wake you up at 5am and owners private pool next door is used by staff until the very early hours. Not value for money, and would recommend staying in La Linea and walk into Gibralter.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

The kitchen was often locked and there was not really an environment to meet other people. However good location and only hostel in Gib so not much choice

• England, Female, 31-40
25th Aug 2016

Absolutely amazing hostel, kind & helpful staff. Very clean & in a superb location. I would highly recommend it. Thank you for having me.

20th Aug 2016
5.1

I was supposed to stay here for 2 nights but had to get myself out after 1. It is the only hostel in Gibraltar and all of the hotels were really expensive. PROS: it was in a good location and I never felt unsafe, wifi, staff was helpful and gave me my money back for leaving early. CONS: seemed all around dirty, 2 toilets and 2 showers for everyone (toilets in 1 part of the hostel, showers in another), 1 fan in my room (not even a breeze), not enough outlets/bed. I wouldn't stay here again