Emma B&B Reviews

via Romana 717, Lucca, Italy

Unfortunately this was a disappointing experience for us! To begin with there was a mix up with our booking - we originally booked a double ensuite room. We were then offered a complimentary breakfast to make up for this which we accepted. The breakfast was lacklustre with pre-packed croissants, warm milk and cold coffee which was reheated in the microwave! It's also a 25-30 mins. walk from the walled city. The street was quite noisy and there were road works which woke us up very early.

We enjoyed stay. Jessica and partner are really lovely and their baby was adorable. Her partner went out of his way to accommodate us in morning for breaky, included in price. Parking outside, good pizza across street. Close enough to walk to old walled city. Only problem was bit of room confusion ,Doublle booked due to various web pages. Dbl room atop stairs is good though not much floor space. Penthouse at top level, not very safe railings. Towels small and old.need replacing. Otherwise good.

• 14th May 2014

The couple who works here are very very friendly and are always there to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable! They have the most adorable little girl who has a smile on her face al the time. The facilities are always clean and the bedroom was very neat and spotless. This b&b is really close to the center, maybe 10 min walking, which is a plus! I recommend this b&b to anyone!

First impressions were great- someone picked us up from the train station, cobbled together a map from somewhere and helped us figure out what to do in Lucca. However, after arriving back after a long days sightseeing we found no-one available, no wifi password that was supposed to be left in our room, a soft and creaky bed and no toilet paper - we were not so impressed. Also, directions to the bus stop the following day were incorrect! Is nice enough but I think there are other, central places.

We loved it. Perfect for couple (plus 2 dogs) who need parking outside

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The reservation said I would be picked up at the station but I had to bus to the B&B and still waited 20 minutes outside. My bed was very noisy, slanted so I slid to the center, and I could feel the curve of the springs. Breakfast had burnt coffee and a packaged croissant. Backyard had the faint smell of sewage. Had to ask for toilet paper and for the heater to be turned on. No sidewalk to town and on a noisy/busy street. I've spent months in hostels and 2 years in Europe; this was really bad.

View all Lucca Bed and Breakfasts