Emma B&B Reviews

via Romana 717, Lucca, Italy

Really clean and well kept. The owners weren't at all pushy, and only wanted a photocopy of the passport at check in and pay later. Very comfortable and great vfm though a fair walk from the centre.

Unfortunately this was a disappointing experience for us! To begin with there was a mix up with our booking - we originally booked a double ensuite room. We were then offered a complimentary breakfast to make up for this which we accepted. The breakfast was lacklustre with pre-packed croissants, warm milk and cold coffee which was reheated in the microwave! It's also a 25-30 mins. walk from the walled city. The street was quite noisy and there were road works which woke us up very early.

We enjoyed stay. Jessica and partner are really lovely and their baby was adorable. Her partner went out of his way to accommodate us in morning for breaky, included in price. Parking outside, good pizza across street. Close enough to walk to old walled city. Only problem was bit of room confusion ,Doublle booked due to various web pages. Dbl room atop stairs is good though not much floor space. Penthouse at top level, not very safe railings. Towels small and old.need replacing. Otherwise good.

• 14th May 2014

The couple who works here are very very friendly and are always there to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable! They have the most adorable little girl who has a smile on her face al the time. The facilities are always clean and the bedroom was very neat and spotless. This b&b is really close to the center, maybe 10 min walking, which is a plus! I recommend this b&b to anyone!

First impressions were great- someone picked us up from the train station, cobbled together a map from somewhere and helped us figure out what to do in Lucca. However, after arriving back after a long days sightseeing we found no-one available, no wifi password that was supposed to be left in our room, a soft and creaky bed and no toilet paper - we were not so impressed. Also, directions to the bus stop the following day were incorrect! Is nice enough but I think there are other, central places.

We loved it. Perfect for couple (plus 2 dogs) who need parking outside

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The reservation said I would be picked up at the station but I had to bus to the B&B and still waited 20 minutes outside. My bed was very noisy, slanted so I slid to the center, and I could feel the curve of the springs. Breakfast had burnt coffee and a packaged croissant. Backyard had the faint smell of sewage. Had to ask for toilet paper and for the heater to be turned on. No sidewalk to town and on a noisy/busy street. I've spent months in hostels and 2 years in Europe; this was really bad.

The B&B was beautiful, and the staff were helpful and friendly, however the location was not great. It was located outside of the city walls, which would have been ok if the roads were more walking friendly.

great stay at Emma B&B, very hospitable Emma and a very nice house.

Very nice staff, good breakfast. Bed is less confortable

Emma BnB was nice Jessica the host picked us up from the train station and dropped us off. The room was nice and bed comfortable. It's about 10 minute walk to town.

Overall the stay was ok. We had a room at the front of the house near the noisy road. On the description we read that airconditioning was present, but it wasn't. Rooms have thin walls, not the greatest for light sleepers

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

The staff has been very kind and helpfull. Room were clean and decorated with taste. They served us a good breakfast! We advise this hostel!

• 13th Jul 2013

Very nice B&B with a very kind and helpful owner!

I liked the limited number of rooms that makes you feel more like at home. Jessica and her husband made their very best to help me out including driving me from and back to the station. Both room and bed are very comfortable. Walking to the Old Town (15 min) is not to recommend considering your safety (heavy traffic and partly no walking paths) but buss nr 15 takes you there every 20 minute. Old Town itself is a real pearl!

Very nice place and helpful staff, they have the cutest baby ever!!! ♥ The place was a bit far from the center but it was really good that there was a supermegamarket near to the B&B

Very friendly. Off-road car parking. Rather busy traffic in street.

I wish I was able to stay more than one night. Jessica was really sweet and accommodating (she even picks you up) It was easy to get to with a car. You can get home cooked meals at a small price, do it! We had breakfast but did not get dinner the night before. What a mistake, it smelled so delicious! If you are looking for a safe, comfortable place to stay, this is it.

Emma B and B is a budget B and B, set about 20 minutes walk from the old city. It is clean and Jessica, Alex and their baby Jasmine are incredibly hospitable and helpful. I would recommend this as a low priced accomdation to base yourself to visit lovely Lucca.

Awesome place , very clean and charming. The guys that manage the hostel make you feel in your own house.Recommended

View all Lucca Bed and Breakfasts