Emma Hostel Reviews

Na Zderaze 10, Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel is very clean and located not too far away from the main tourist attractions. The staff is very helpful and friendly.It's also quiet there at night so you can a get good night's sleep after a busy day.

It's basically your money's worth. If you are like me and use hotels simply to sleep in, then you will be very satisfied since the location is close to the most renowned locations in Prague. Don't expect anything special from the hotel use it for sleeping only.

• 18th Jun 2015

Don't go. Stunk of mould. Especially the basement. Rooms locked with key but no one did as you locked people in as well as out then. Party-ers outside window shouting throughout night - very scary. Dodgy location for parties. But close to town. Have a kitchen but we didn't touch it due to mould stench. Reception staff nice but not enough of them. Lot of waiting and sometimes they had to leave and left a sign saying they would be back in 5 min so you had to wait to get in. Bathroom average.

Front office staffs are generally friendly but cleaning staff is rude. Constantly cursing/grumbling. Several bars opposite hostel so drunkards are everywhere. They sometimes hang out in front of hostel, so it was noisy whole night. Cleanliness so so, and some lights in the kitchen isnt working so kinda difficult to cook. Wouldn't go back there again.

Good location that's close enough to all the sights if you dont mind a short walk (10 minutes from bridge, 15 from old town, etc). Originally booked an 8 person room but was upgraded to a 4 person room upon arrival free of charge which was awesome and made some good friends that we continued to travel with for a bit. Good value for the money and would stay here again. Wifi worked in our room perfectly and we were able to stream videos. Kitchen has a stove. Hot water in the shower.

Absolutely great hostel for its price. I was especially surprised by the flexibility of the staff. On the day of my arrival my flight was cancelled, but it took just a single email to the hostel to change my booking. And when I needed to stay longer I had no problem to extend it. So I'm completely satisfied.

Staff were helpful and friendly, people is nice here and facilities all is awesome!

Upon arrival we were asked to wait for the receptionist to finish his lunch before we checked in. He was unfriendly and offered no help or advice about the hostel or the city. It was an inconvenience for him to do his job. The rooms were pretty awful and the showers had no privacy. If you're looking for a cheap place and a bed then this is fine. But had we stayed more than one night or used the kitchen facilities it would have been awful.

Only stayed one night so can't really comment. Comfy beds, lockers, friendly staff and a large kitchen. Seemed nice enough!

I was actually pretty disappointed with my stay. After reading previous reviews about this place it has been over hyped. Apart from nice staff the rest of the place is run down And shabby. The common areas have no natural light and are all in the basement. Its cheap, but you can find somewhere better!

The hostel was ok. But the staff was rude not helpful, did not reply to any question we asked. Location was good. Just 5 minutes to walk to the Charles bridge

Our only true issue was coming home in the middle of the night and having to bang on the front door for a while before anyone opened up. They don't give you a key to the front because there's a "24 hour front desk" but the front desker- was clearly sleeping. Otherwise though it was a grand old time.

10 min walk to the center. Big room with lockers (€10 key deposit.) good wifi. The kitchen was a little bit smelly. No one controls the entry of guests. There are 2 PCs but without internet. No printer. You can't lock the bathroom or the showers while you're taking a shower.

We stayed in the house next to the hostel which also belongs to Emma hostel. It's a big appartment and you can lock your room door. Everything was clean enough and the hostel is close to the city center. Only the beds were a bit loud which was annoying when you wanted to get up in the morning without weaking everybody else, but maybe it was only in our room. I would stay there again if i come back to Prague!

Generally, it was ok. However, there were few disadvantages ie. 1) too few sockets in rooms. In common room was not much better. 2) some walls and ceilings need renovation (but I can't say that it was dirty) Hotel is not far from the old city center, but yuo can easily reach it by metro or on foot

The place is in the center, rooms are okay. Clean enough. Wehad two bathrooms in our floor right next to each other. They were only seperated by a curtain, so it's kinda weird to shower if there's an opposite gender person in the other one.

Good location just not very clean

The cheapest hostel I've stayed at while in Europe. It wasn't the best place I've stayed at, I've paid double for worse places. Value for money! I stayed in a private room the first few nights which is in a separate building up stairs and you have three doors to unlock - great security. Very quiet in the building, no one around. Facilities are good and staff are friendly and helpful. I then stayed in a dorm and the beds where great. Not a party hostel though and not much atmosphere.

I stayed here with three friends for two nights in the 4 person private. The apartment itself was quite nice, it was clean and had what was needed. The hostel is close enough to the min town you can walk but it is about a 15 min walk to get to the main parts of the city, but that was not a problem for us so it was fine. However the staff was not very helpful. They did not seem educated on the city and we had some that were actually quite rude. Overall a decent hostel though.

We spent three nights in Emma Hostel with my boyfriend. Our private double bed room was in a separate building from the reception-building. We shared a big bathroom and a well equipped kitchen with 4 other rooms, it was very comfortable. The room was clean and nice. The location is perfect, but only residents are allowed to park on the street, so you have to pay for a garage. The hostel organizes it for you.