Emma Hostel Reviews

Na Zderaze 10, Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

hostel itself is nice but to be allowed into the reception you have to knock on a door which has a double door behind it, and so is hard to hear. We were sat outside for a good 10 minutes in the rain trying to get noticed when we got there which was not a good start.

We stayed downstairs. The air smelled mildewed and stale, no air flow. The quiet hours were never enforced, so I had to ask for quiet outside my room myself every night. Some of the staff were lovely. Kitchen cleanliness wasn't enforced either, but bathrooms were ok. Never had to wait as there were many. Free computer usage, but no print facility. Wouldn't stay again, there are better places cheaper than this all over Prague.

The room and the bed felt nice and clean, which I think is the most important thing for me personally when staying in a hostel. The lockers were very small, and couldn't fit much in them, so I was lucky that I brought a lock with me for my suitcase. The luggage room is literally just your suitcases behind a curtain in the basement with a sign that says "no entry" so that wasn't very secure.

Staff fairly unfriendly, and we got locked out the hostel at 5am and even when we knocked on the door staff at the desk wouldn't let us in, we had to call our friends to come and open the door. Otherwise generally good!

Very central hostel in walking distance from pretty much all of the tourist areas and places of interest. Had a 3 bed private room - ideal for a 3 night stay. Kitchen and bathroom facilities were clean and never a problem for sharing. Definitely stay here again.

Quite a good location, can access okd town by a 20minute walk. The upstairs of the hostel in really nice and clean, however in the downstairs living area and bathrooms are disgusting and it smells really bad, but its cheap i guess. Also the cleaner is very rude. Staff were bery nice and helpful however.

The kitchen is mouldy everywhere, the floor is sticky, there was no clean cutlery, utensils, plates, nothing really; so we didn't cook for our entire stay. The dorm in the basement stunk, it was really dingey, humid and was unclean. The main problem with our room was t it was directly off the common room. There were meant to be 'silent hours' in the hostel, so .This was not enforced in the slightest. No security at all as all keys fit all doors so anybody could go in and steal your stuff.

This hostel is quite run down and old fashioned with a lingering smell of must and dampness. Staff were pretty nice but there were some communication issues. Wifi was poor. Great location to access Prague by foot and great value.

I really loved staying at this hostel! Thanks for this enjoyable summertime staying! Everything was amazing! Thank you guys!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Greece

The hostel is very clean and located not too far away from the main tourist attractions. The staff is very helpful and friendly.It's also quiet there at night so you can a get good night's sleep after a busy day.

It's basically your money's worth. If you are like me and use hotels simply to sleep in, then you will be very satisfied since the location is close to the most renowned locations in Prague. Don't expect anything special from the hotel use it for sleeping only.

• 18th Jun 2015

Don't go. Stunk of mould. Especially the basement. Rooms locked with key but no one did as you locked people in as well as out then. Party-ers outside window shouting throughout night - very scary. Dodgy location for parties. But close to town. Have a kitchen but we didn't touch it due to mould stench. Reception staff nice but not enough of them. Lot of waiting and sometimes they had to leave and left a sign saying they would be back in 5 min so you had to wait to get in. Bathroom average.

Front office staffs are generally friendly but cleaning staff is rude. Constantly cursing/grumbling. Several bars opposite hostel so drunkards are everywhere. They sometimes hang out in front of hostel, so it was noisy whole night. Cleanliness so so, and some lights in the kitchen isnt working so kinda difficult to cook. Wouldn't go back there again.

Good location that's close enough to all the sights if you dont mind a short walk (10 minutes from bridge, 15 from old town, etc). Originally booked an 8 person room but was upgraded to a 4 person room upon arrival free of charge which was awesome and made some good friends that we continued to travel with for a bit. Good value for the money and would stay here again. Wifi worked in our room perfectly and we were able to stream videos. Kitchen has a stove. Hot water in the shower.

Absolutely great hostel for its price. I was especially surprised by the flexibility of the staff. On the day of my arrival my flight was cancelled, but it took just a single email to the hostel to change my booking. And when I needed to stay longer I had no problem to extend it. So I'm completely satisfied.

We stayed in a private room, which was lovely, and had access to a kitchen and extremely clean shared bathroom facilities. Twenty-ish minute walk from the train station, but close to the river and walking distance from all attractions and many restaurants/bars/pubs etc.

Staff were helpful and friendly, people is nice here and facilities all is awesome!

Upon arrival we were asked to wait for the receptionist to finish his lunch before we checked in. He was unfriendly and offered no help or advice about the hostel or the city. It was an inconvenience for him to do his job. The rooms were pretty awful and the showers had no privacy. If you're looking for a cheap place and a bed then this is fine. But had we stayed more than one night or used the kitchen facilities it would have been awful.

Only stayed one night so can't really comment. Comfy beds, lockers, friendly staff and a large kitchen. Seemed nice enough!

I was actually pretty disappointed with my stay. After reading previous reviews about this place it has been over hyped. Apart from nice staff the rest of the place is run down And shabby. The common areas have no natural light and are all in the basement. Its cheap, but you can find somewhere better!