Empire Hostel Reviews

41 Opal Crescent Level 2 Unit, Singapore, Singapore

The attitude of the woman who runs this hostel is very bad. She complained to me many times about how much work it is when people only stay 1 nite and that she doesn't like it & she charges extra for it. That is not professional. This is the business she is in! She interrupted me when about to take a nap telling me to change rooms "NOW". Then when I came out of the shower she made me give my key back "NOW!". WOKE ME UP to tell me check out in 2 hours. WOW. Terrible. Appreciate your guests!

Thanks for everything Kim, really enjoyed our stay :)

Kim is nice and accomodating. Maybe u can provide water dispenser for free.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel was not easy to find but is a good cheap option in Singapore. Its close to public transport, Kim is nice, its clean and the beds are comfy.

When the first time I came to this place (2012), I like it so much. It has a warm atmosphere, good hospitality, and comfortable neighbourhood. Now, in 2014, I feel different than before. It has a bad atmosphere. The landlady always keep the eyes on you all the time. No freedom!

It was a nightmare for me, no hospitality from the staff (Kim),the room was dirty and i have to paid extra 30sgd as a penalty because i lost my room key inside the hostel room ( i was pretty sure the staf already keep the key and she asked me to paid the penalty).. I swear i wont stay at this f**king hostel anymore!!

• 29th May 2014
  • Indonesia

The communal room is VERY HOT because ONLY ONE fan and it was used by a frequent long staying guest playing on computer. Staff need a lot of improvement with attitude and need to show more smile. She likes to spend most of the time in closed door office or in her bedroom. I noticed that this hostel probably STILL accompany foreign workers regardless there is a notice posted forbiding their stay. No additional fan was the reason for low rating in facility and value for money.

Full security, responsible staff, excellent cleanliness and great value for money

• 23rd May 2014
  • India

This hostel is said to be among the cheapest options in Singapore. My room was quite spacey and has its own locker and an A/C. The wooden floor was very nice. It was quite worth the money. However, I wonder why I had to pay the hostess the whole rent for two nights, not the balance after the deposit I had paid online like I did at other hostels.

The cheapest option in Singapore, it's fine for the price of the bed.

Very nice place, comfortable bed, clean, working air-con, needs.. more fans as too hot in living room, more plates/bowls as too few of them. I will come again!

Far from city center

It was nice to stay there. we will come back if we go to Singapore again.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

My review on atmosphere, I flaged "poor" just because I believe it's a little poor of color, or some drowing, music...a little bit of life...and wormth.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

They charged double the price, which was listed online, because I only stayed one night. This too much money for such a hostel. It is very simple, clean, but impersonal.

Good value for money, basic dorm room with good wifi and plug socket. Location is a bit out but you can catch the underground from the station which is 10 minutes walk straight down the main road. Nothing fancy about it, you get a good dorm for the amount you pay.

Very nice dorm with Air con and really good Wi-Fi. Bit of a pain trying to find a member if staff on several occasions.

It was a very average hostel, good but nothing special about it.

Beware that need to be charged for extra $3 if you book single night!

I hope your staff who address themselves as a manager, should be holding a name card for identification purpose and should customer complain like the aircon is not cold as its a 8 bedded dorm, instead of rectifying the feedback, straight away answering customer nobody complaint except for yourself, and threaten customer if u dont leave i will call the police. This type of attitute should be disciplined as we customers are not illegal immigrant and we abide the law n order of the country.

• 13th Mar 2014