Empire Hostel Reviews

41 Opal Crescent Level 2 Unit, Singapore, Singapore

THE GOOD: super clean, great staff, great beds, great wifi, 10 min to train, 5 min to bus. THE BAD: a 2nd 12% service charge aside from quote on hostel world due on arrival plus $30 key deposit If you get a towel $10 towel deposit $3 towel fee... So brong plenty of SGD! no AC allowed from 10am to 7pm (so everyone forced to go out), fans do not work in dorm! Hot stagnent air!!! Very uncomfortable between 10-7!!! OVERALL: i wouldnt go back until something done to control temps.fix Fan or ac!

Good value for money, no luxury but Very good internet, every facility working, no problems with guests or staff. would stay again if back to Singapore

For its price, in a place like singapore, it was very good value for Money. Clean. Good WiFi.

Very weird hostel. There is no sign other then the letters Emp. I rang the door bell for 20 mins before someone let me in. You get what you pay for with the price.

Staff was less than friendly and it just had a strange environment.

location wise..too bad!

This is a very nice place to stay in, value for every dollar. The only thing is that the other guests staying here did not abide to the rules and regulations of the hostel. It would be great if we can cook in the hostel.

The location is very good, 10-15 mins walk to metro station that goes everywhere.... Rooms are top clean and samething for the bathrooms! Maybe the best matress i had in south east asia... I dont have anything bad to say about this hostel everythingwas fine for us we would defenetly go back if i have to go back to singapore one day!

Nice place. Close to mrt, river and market. Clean and not noisy. Thank you. It was good time.

Almost the cheapest in Singapore, can't expect more.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel is very clean and well maintained. The atmosphere is good with people from all over the world maintaining a jovial atmosphere. But one drawback is the location. The nearest MRT station is at a 15 min walk away and for every single thing you need to walk quite a distance. The thing that turned me off the most was that on the day of my arrival, I didnt have singapore dollars in hand and the lady in the hostel withheld my passport with her until I gave her the deposit money!

• 10th Feb 2015
  • India

very good for this price in Singapur

• 1st Feb 2015

you have to pay the deposit twice, because the hostel charges you an "additional fee" which is the same ammount like the deposit...

Place is not too near nor far from city centre.Fine for those seeking quietness/peace or after a day of 'buzz-ness'.Place is rather secure(sole staff Kim is a security 'feature' herself with her rather 'commanding' behaviors :p).I think she can be more easy-going:)She's quite nice&friendly.As 1 of very budget hostel,facilities were kept to minimum/required.Acquainted with a no. of nice,cool travelers.:)) Place is VERY CLEAN,rather Spacious.BED is COMFY with 2 pillows&duvet too.^.^Overall 7.5/10

I can't be disappointed with this hostel, it's always clean and the atmosphere is friendly, it's quiet, the beds are nice and comfortable, and I can always get a good sleep. No complaints. The price is low and that helps a lot when you're travelling. Thanks and see you again!

Staying here is always a joy, the lady who works here is nice and always shows interest in what we are up to. On top of this its very cheap compared to the rest of Singapore and the restaurant downstairs is a good place to get a quick bite in the mornings.

What I do not understand why when I book with your hotel channel then I already deposit with you already and why when I arrived to the hostel they charge me full. And the lady were not good always thinking of money. Even a information need she won't tell us but she would happy to tell us except we pay her first. This is not the hospitality. Therefore we are fine. We wish the hotel should change the lady receptionist, she's been rude and cruelty to every guest dear.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Cambodia

I've stayed in Singapore for two weeks moving from hostel to hostel. This was by far the best. Facilities were great, ikea beddings. Hot showers. Sure, it's not in Marina bay but it's like a 5-10 minute walk to Potong Pasir MRT which you can go anywhere! Cheap food around the block. Near Kalang swim center $1 swim. I felt no need to move to another hostel. Stayed for a week and a half. Kim is great and she really takes care of the hostel. I highly recommend staying here and best deal in town!

• 12th Jan 2015

The 2nd visit..i got uncomfortable room..it's dusty..specially under the bed full of dust and rubbish..i have dust allergic..so i couldn't sleep and got bad cough, cold, and fever.. Little bit sad also, when we were charged 12$ because we came 1 hour earlier..if we knew that before, of course we'd wait 1 hour more.. however,we'll comeback on june..hope we can get room as our 1st visit..the clean one and without dust :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3