Empire Hostel Reviews

41 Opal Crescent Level 2 Unit, Singapore, Singapore

I can't be disappointed with this hostel, it's always clean and the atmosphere is friendly, it's quiet, the beds are nice and comfortable, and I can always get a good sleep. No complaints. The price is low and that helps a lot when you're travelling. Thanks and see you again!

What I do not understand why when I book with your hotel channel then I already deposit with you already and why when I arrived to the hostel they charge me full. And the lady were not good always thinking of money. Even a information need she won't tell us but she would happy to tell us except we pay her first. This is not the hospitality. Therefore we are fine. We wish the hotel should change the lady receptionist, she's been rude and cruelty to every guest dear.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Cambodia

I've stayed in Singapore for two weeks moving from hostel to hostel. This was by far the best. Facilities were great, ikea beddings. Hot showers. Sure, it's not in Marina bay but it's like a 5-10 minute walk to Potong Pasir MRT which you can go anywhere! Cheap food around the block. Near Kalang swim center $1 swim. I felt no need to move to another hostel. Stayed for a week and a half. Kim is great and she really takes care of the hostel. I highly recommend staying here and best deal in town!

• 12th Jan 2015

The 2nd visit..i got uncomfortable room..it's dusty..specially under the bed full of dust and rubbish..i have dust allergic..so i couldn't sleep and got bad cough, cold, and fever.. Little bit sad also, when we were charged 12$ because we came 1 hour earlier..if we knew that before, of course we'd wait 1 hour more.. however,we'll comeback on june..hope we can get room as our 1st visit..the clean one and without dust :)

If you like a cheap place in the middle of nowhere with the most rude and bad staff? Stay here. Otherwise stay away from this place.

- quite far away from city atractions (need to take MRT)

i like this place so much..i'll recommend this hostel to my friend in indonesia if they come to singapore..

My stay was okay, the hotel keeper was a bit rude barging into the rooms without even knocking. It's not much but for the price per stay, it is worth it. if you are just gonna use the room specifically for sleeping then you'll be fine. Not suitable to lounge around since the aircond will be turned off durinh daytime.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

It says in the description that there is a cheap bus to take you there. Turns out there is none, and you will end up paying a taxi. After you get there a very rude lady is going to try to take as much money from you as she can. And if you disagree with something she says she's gonna be very unhelpful to you the rest of your stay. Not to mention it is very far from everything. My trip was very much more expensive because of the mistake of going to this hostel. Never more.

I really enjoyed my stay in Empire hostel.location was amazing.it was more then my expectations.accommodation was good & clean.bed was OK. i love to come back & stay here again on my next trip.this is cheep & good hostel for low income people.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Pakistan

Stayed only 3 nights but must say it was a pleasant stay despite the owner may seem a bit wierd at the beginning. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in Singapore this is the one.

Not a bad little budget place to stay, and great value for Singapore! Just a few mins walk from Potong Pesir MRT station (note: the MRT system in Singapore is awesome. You never wait more than a few minutes for a train, and it is very cheap). Airport shuttle company DOES NOT do drop offs at this hostel, despite what their listing on hostelworld says. Get a taxi for $20, or get the MRT for $2, which was super easy. Air con in dorms is not on between 10am-7pm.

The woman that runs this place acts like the guests stay in her own house. It feels like you're married to her; you won't have time to breath or relax with her around. She will try to boss you around, make fun of some guests and entering the rooms without knocking. Important - there will be an extra charge in addition to the amount listed on Hostelworld. This is the first I encounter this type of operations. I guess the low prices is to attract guests then hit you with the fee.

Its been a very nice experience to stay with Empire hostel. First of all its in downtown of city and everything is easy available around including Indian food, Chinese food, super market etc... Highly secured in/out door with dedicated magnetic sensor key-chain. Very clean and highly maintained discipline.

Before you book, please read the terms and condition first. The hostel is cheapest in Singapore, MRT to Potong Pasir is 10mins walk, though the place is quite hard to find. Aircon is open from 7pm to 10am so if you're always outside it's fine. The place is very clean, everyday Kim cleans the room and toilet. Just follow the rule of hostel and everything will be smooth. You must be ready not to wear any footwear in toilet and hostel, but I guarantee the place is clean.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Philippines

It is a good place for staying, values for money and friendly staffs there!!!

one of the worst hostel I ever been to.... top three terrible hostel because of the staff attitude. Been to 150 hostels so far and this one is terrible!

overall facilities were good.but staff is not very friendly.We expect a better customer service from Singapore comparing to other countries since it is a well developed country.But hostel is worth for the cheaper fare.it was not that bad as it was mentioned in trip advisor site comments.I think the mentioned Indian staff is not there anymore.Overall good hostel but it would be great with some friendly staff.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Ms. Kim is very polite, responsible and informative. She's Diligent and friendly as well. Everyday she do cleaning all the areas.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Don't know why everyone here complains about staff. She is one of the most friendly hostelstaff I've ever met, super caring and helping no Matter what's wrong, Tho rooms are clean and with aircon, so super nice. Takes 5-10 minutes to mrt and then directly to the center. Know it's importent for many people so I mention that ther wifi there is the best I've ever experienced, Would sure come back to that nice place.