Empire Hostel Reviews

41 Opal Crescent Level 2 Unit, Singapore, Singapore

They canceled my reservation and sent it over to their other hostel Wow hostel. I asked them to refund me because I could not stay at wow hostel considering they reception desk closed at 11:30 and we did not land in Singapore until midnight and then we still needed to get transportation and get through customs. I expressed this to them and They stopped responding to me and still have no refunded me. Theives.

• 8th Jul 2015

Good price considering its Singapore! Standard rooms, kitchen facilities you can use, standard bathrooms. Has a free computer you can use which is handy for sorting photos etc. Close to MRT station so easy to get the train anywhere quickly!

The hostel is very clean and well maintained.Nice place. Close to mrt and market. Clean and not noisy. Thank you. It was good time.

Air con can only be on by staff from 7pm to 10am, extra charge sg5 for check in after 12 midnight. This rules are not written clearly and informed to customers before bookings.

cheap, but not as cheap as you may think. 12% extra charge all you really get is a bed. I suppose it's still good value for money but there are better hostels about for around the same price.

The location is the only thing that could be better. The area itself is good (residential), but there isn't a lot to eat/do. Other than that, I got waaaaay more than what I paid for. I would stay here again.

• 9th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Stara nie umie mowić po angielsku. Wifka nie hasa na szajsungach. W pokoju śmierdzi stęchlizną. Syf bieda i ubóstwo. Ale jest tanio.

Not value for money. you have to pay when booking online and you also have to pay 12% as service charge when you arrive hostel.

affordable rent friendly and accommodating staff Achieving and Maintaining Cleanliness - first sign of a well managed place is its level of cleanliness. If the place isn't clean. It is unlikely to impress anyone. Bathroom is Clean ( must be clean all the time because we have diff types of bathroom users) Washing of face bowl must be sanitized for hygiene purposes. * Overall Cleanliness is very good * Very Homely

• 5th May 2015
  • Philippines

You should pay non-refundable deposit when booking online and you have to pay 12% tax + service charge ++++, its crazy. no AC after 10am to 7pm, not even a fan. only floor is clean. chairs, table, books, desktop computer, keyboard are filled with dust.

generally it was a good experience but in the first night, some guests held a party in the mid night but the stationed staff failed to stop them or to take appropriate action to stop them. the party ended by 3-4am so i could not sleep. that staff said she doesn't speak english so couldn't communicate with those guests but she could has contact the management or call the police. proper training should be given to the staff.

staffs treat for Asians very poor but they do their best for Europeans, Americans...etc. but I dnt think that will not reach guests satisfaction. I don't recommend at all. No AC 10am-7pm.

Good value for money, no luxury but Very good internet, every facility working, no problems with guests or staff. would stay again if back to Singapore

Unacceptable! They charge you more than it says on the website. 3$ more if you stay just one night and 15% from God know where... This place is not as cheap as it says.

The lady house can't speak in english and not so friendly... I am very surprised that knows a man sleeping in the same room, I think should women and men not to sleep in one room. It causes me feel uncomfortable

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

No Aircon from 10am to 7pm, no even fan. You have to pay 12% service charge for every booking, better you find other hostel with breakfast free.

Things they write is not true about the hostel. 24 hrs wifi , 5 to 10 mins walk to Mrt station. Hostel is clean and no bedbug as stated above the review.

I've enjoyed my stay here. I've met a lot of people from different countries. Potong Pasir Mrt station is just 15 min walk from the hostel. Ther are several shops and hawker centers along the way. Will definitely stay here in the future.

its actually dirty, the beds with buds, unfriendly people. will never recommed a friend over there. there's hidden cost and on top of that stuff not helpful because some of them may not even speak english and very rude the owner, a lady. definitely not adviceable for any people for holidaying. very poor as quoted.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

I was able to choose any check in time on the website but that was just a bad configuration coz u can only check in after 11.The 24 hour reception it’s a lie, the woman that is in the reception 24 hours hardly ever answers the phone and when she does she doesn’t speaks a word of english and she is extremely unhelpful and rude. The place is really hard to find, there r no signs on the outside. The showers r never clean. The place is just a big flat, doesn’t feel like a hostel at all.