Empire Hotel Backpackers Reviews

13 Thames Street Oamaru, Oamaru, New Zealand

Clean showers and bedroom. Staff very friendly. Ideal location except for parking but for one night was fine.

Thanks for the nice time I spent at empire hotel. definitely one of the bet hostels I've been to!

A wonderful hostel, very friendly and informative staff. Went to see the blue penguins but got to see blueys AND yellow eyed penguins thanks to the local knowledge at reception. Very comfy bed and very clean hostel.

Awesome hotel/hostel in the centre of town. Very helpful staff and great communal room downstairs with all sorts of musical instruments and other things to keep us entertained!

nice place to stay in. no free wifi

What a nice place. It has atmosphere, a wonderful kitchen and the best shower ever. The owner is really sweet.

Best hostel I've stayed in. Comfortable beds, great staff, exremely clean, power showers, quiet, and great facilities. Right in centre of town. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Oamaru! Susan

• 1st Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I only spent the one night and it was my first time ever in a backpackers. I felt thoroughly welcomed by the hoists into a warm and comfortable environment. My room was great and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would not hesitate to stay again or to recommend the Empire Hotel to others. A wonderful first experience.

• 31st Jan 2015