Empire Hotel Backpackers Reviews

13 Thames Street Oamaru, Oamaru, New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay there, even it was only one night. The host was ver nice and helpful, he told me exactly where I have to go to see the penguins, etc. The room was very nice and clean, bathroom is also clean. Good location, right in the centre. Internet you need to pay, but not that expensive and there is some free wi-fi nearby.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Situation good except for the train noises during the night.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Enjoyed our stay. Great staff, good facolitis and perfect location.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a really cute house with nice rooms and a very good equipped kitchen.

This is a really great place. The staff were friendly and it is in a fantastic location. I would never stay anywhere else if I went to Oamaru.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The team at Empire are wonderful. Nothing is a problem and I had a great stay in comfortable surroundings.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I only stayed here for two nights, but I loved it Mandy the manager was so friendly and gave us the low down on when to see the penguins! And it was located in the centre of town, so everything was easily accessible. Definitely one of my favourite hostels.

fantastic stay - owner is so helpful and goes out of her way to assist!! would highly recommend