Empire Hotel Backpackers Reviews

13 Thames Street Oamaru, Oamaru, New Zealand

A wonderful hostel, very friendly and informative staff. Went to see the blue penguins but got to see blueys AND yellow eyed penguins thanks to the local knowledge at reception. Very comfy bed and very clean hostel.

Awesome hotel/hostel in the centre of town. Very helpful staff and great communal room downstairs with all sorts of musical instruments and other things to keep us entertained!

nice place to stay in. no free wifi

What a nice place. It has atmosphere, a wonderful kitchen and the best shower ever. The owner is really sweet.

Best hostel I've stayed in. Comfortable beds, great staff, exremely clean, power showers, quiet, and great facilities. Right in centre of town. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Oamaru! Susan

• 1st Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I only spent the one night and it was my first time ever in a backpackers. I felt thoroughly welcomed by the hoists into a warm and comfortable environment. My room was great and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would not hesitate to stay again or to recommend the Empire Hotel to others. A wonderful first experience.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

I stayed one night only. Very lovely manager and clean bathroom.

I really enjoyed my stay there, even it was only one night. The host was ver nice and helpful, he told me exactly where I have to go to see the penguins, etc. The room was very nice and clean, bathroom is also clean. Good location, right in the centre. Internet you need to pay, but not that expensive and there is some free wi-fi nearby.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Situation good except for the train noises during the night.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Enjoyed our stay. Great staff, good facolitis and perfect location.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a really cute house with nice rooms and a very good equipped kitchen.

This is a really great place. The staff were friendly and it is in a fantastic location. I would never stay anywhere else if I went to Oamaru.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The team at Empire are wonderful. Nothing is a problem and I had a great stay in comfortable surroundings.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I only stayed here for two nights, but I loved it Mandy the manager was so friendly and gave us the low down on when to see the penguins! And it was located in the centre of town, so everything was easily accessible. Definitely one of my favourite hostels.