Empire Hotel Backpackers Reviews

13 Thames Street Oamaru, Oamaru, New Zealand

I absolutely adored the wood burning fire!

I had a really lovely time here, thank you! Staff were all wonderfully friendly, and the common areas were brilliant for relaxing in :D

Very hostel,clean and well equipped for backpackers. Good wifi. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff is very kind and helpful, the bathroom and bedroom is clean, is a good place, i recommend this hostel.

I was happily surprised by this hostel. It has great facilities, owner was really friendly and helpful, lots of large common areas - with a log-burning fire (perfect for the winter!!). We had plenty of blankets and hot water bottles as well in case we were cold. It was quiet when we stayed, but, the other guests were all friendly. It's around the corner from the Victorian area, Steampunk HQ and a little walk from the penguins!

Clean showers and bedroom. Staff very friendly. Ideal location except for parking but for one night was fine.

Thanks for the nice time I spent at empire hotel. definitely one of the bet hostels I've been to!