Empire Hotel Backpackers Reviews

13 Thames Street Oamaru, Oamaru, New Zealand

Insane value for money. I got my own private room for $46 a night. Everything is super clean, including the kitchen areas and the bathrooms. Central location, easy parking, friendly and knowledgeable staff, all around great stay!

nice place to stay, it's like home, you can go walking to see the penguins at night for free and a lot of beautiful places near from the hostel, if i return in the future i'll stay there again

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Lovely, friendly hostel. Excellent facilities, very clean and in a great location in Oamaru - right by the i-site information centre and close to the Victorian street, harbour and amenities. Handy parking around the back too. Really enjoyed our stay!

Great Hostel. The location was great, and I loved the people. It was close to the harbor so you can see the penguins. That was my favorite part. Overall fantastic.

I love this historic and quirky hostel. Loved the staff and slept really well here. Super clean! What a great town to relax in😊Many thanks

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Excellent!! Mandy gave me a lovely welcome and everything I needed on request. The place is immaculate, comfortable, warm and a great location! Everything you could possibly need and I would definitely go back. Thanks again Mandy! 😀

I absolutely adored the wood burning fire!

I had a really lovely time here, thank you! Staff were all wonderfully friendly, and the common areas were brilliant for relaxing in :D

Very hostel,clean and well equipped for backpackers. Good wifi. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff is very kind and helpful, the bathroom and bedroom is clean, is a good place, i recommend this hostel.

I was happily surprised by this hostel. It has great facilities, owner was really friendly and helpful, lots of large common areas - with a log-burning fire (perfect for the winter!!). We had plenty of blankets and hot water bottles as well in case we were cold. It was quiet when we stayed, but, the other guests were all friendly. It's around the corner from the Victorian area, Steampunk HQ and a little walk from the penguins!