7.6
Very Good 853 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 853 Total Reviews
Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Located at 1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco California 94109 1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA
76% 853
37.7888151 -122.4196002
    Rooms available

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2016
5.4

I stayed in an ALL FEMALE DORM with 4 beds. Night 1, we were all in our beds, lights off, when a man was able to use his keycard to open our door. He then claimed that he was on the wrong floor & went on his way. Night 2, I went back to my dorm alone and I was surprised to see an older man in his under clothes changing. Turns out the receptionist (an older lady) checked him in the wrong room. I wanted to stay in a female dorm to FEEL SAFE and COMFORTABLE but obviously that did not happen.

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Overall great place to stay.. There was some painting/maintenance in the bathrooms in the morning which i felt should have been done at a later time in the day when it isnt as busy

• Turkey, Male, 31-40
8th Apr 2016

There are 4 bathrooms here 3 on one side and only one is on the other side of hallways, I think people don't recognize that.. there is no bathroom or shower problem actually, the place just needs little remodeling I guess, which is going on already, I realized wall painting and some other work were going on..I m really wishing my best with remodeling and all that for Sierra, because she is just a great person.!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2016
7.7

Great place to stay if you want to stay in town. The private room was comfortable and the downtown noise didn't bother us at all. Although the quite a dated building, staff kept it so clean and it was perfectly comfortable. Great place to stay of you already have what you want to do and see in mind, otherwise it lacks slightly in activities and giving directions. No common area to mingle. Thank you

• Slovenia, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

I stayed in this hotel/hostel dorm room for about 10 days. The hostel is great, the only thing it's missing is a common room to hang out with others.

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Mar 2016

Great cheap place to stay. Although the band playing downstairs until 11pm every night...not so much. But other than that I'd stay there again.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Mar 2016
3.1

I did not stay at the place because when I arrived I found it was not inappropriate to stay there due to low comfort and shady neighbourhood. But my account was charged for the first day nevertheless, even though I called in advance and said I was not going to stay. I was not awared of the hostel policy not with the booking agency, not with the hostel itself. Ultimately I learnt about the policy only after I reserved the place, when it was already late to cancel anyway.

• Taiwan, Male, 25-30
13th Mar 2016

Nice hostel, everything is great except few of the pan provided is rusted. Location is a little bit far away from downtown, but there are few stops nearby. Door security is good, staffs are nice. Overall I think it's pretty good value for this price.

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
11th Mar 2016
6.0

Decent hostel. Not really much atmosfeer or people hanging out with eachother. Had a loud roommate who was on drugs en kept everyone awake the whole night, but that's not the hostels fault.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Mar 2016

Would go back for sure ! The staff was so helping !!