7.6
Very Good 869 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 869 Total Reviews
Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Located at 1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco California 94109 1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA
76% 869
37.7888151 -122.4196002
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
27th May 2016
3.7

This was a sub par experience for me. One of the biggest things was that I felt that their claim that they have lockers is unfair. The lockers are tiny, enough only for a shoebox, certainly not a backpack. They had luggage racks, but that's not very useful for someone who needs to access their stuff relatively frequently, or without hassle. The rooms were very small, which is understandable given SF. That, in combination with loud metal stairs and a peculiar plastic lining in the bed...

• Ukraine, Male, 25-30
23rd May 2016

Staff is super friendly and helpful. I've been to a few hostels an Encore stands out from them. Also I'm consistently able to have good sleep in a dorm room (which is unusual for hostels). All is clean and tidy.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
10th May 2016

great value and a wonderful location. staff was very helpful and facilities were pretty clean. a good place to stay if you want a cheap room in the city, not ideal for making friends or socializing.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
5th May 2016

The only problem with this hostel is that there is no kitchen or common area. There is absolutely no chance of socialising. If you just want to see the city and have a cheap hostel, than this is for you. Else I would recommend USA Hostel.

• Mexico, Male, 31-40
5th May 2016

They need a lobby for people to hang out and chill, but other than that this place is very cool, i will definitely stay there again and I will recommend anyone to stay there, cheers!!

• purplecat112941
  • USA, Female, 41+
4th May 2016

I've stayed here before so I knew what to expect. They're fixing it up but .I just wish they'd add an elevator as the stairs leading to it are pretty steep but I always get someone to assist me w/my luggage. The rooms don't have bathrooms(but they do have a sink) however, they tell you that in the description and for a few days,I didn't mind(just don't forget your key card!) The music studio is still next door. They stop at 12AM but bring earplugs if needed. Overall,a nice place & g

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2016
5.4

I stayed in an ALL FEMALE DORM with 4 beds. Night 1, we were all in our beds, lights off, when a man was able to use his keycard to open our door. He then claimed that he was on the wrong floor & went on his way. Night 2, I went back to my dorm alone and I was surprised to see an older man in his under clothes changing. Turns out the receptionist (an older lady) checked him in the wrong room. I wanted to stay in a female dorm to FEEL SAFE and COMFORTABLE but obviously that did not happen.

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Overall great place to stay.. There was some painting/maintenance in the bathrooms in the morning which i felt should have been done at a later time in the day when it isnt as busy

• Turkey, Male, 31-40
8th Apr 2016

There are 4 bathrooms here 3 on one side and only one is on the other side of hallways, I think people don't recognize that.. there is no bathroom or shower problem actually, the place just needs little remodeling I guess, which is going on already, I realized wall painting and some other work were going on..I m really wishing my best with remodeling and all that for Sierra, because she is just a great person.!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Mar 2016
7.7

Great place to stay if you want to stay in town. The private room was comfortable and the downtown noise didn't bother us at all. Although the quite a dated building, staff kept it so clean and it was perfectly comfortable. Great place to stay of you already have what you want to do and see in mind, otherwise it lacks slightly in activities and giving directions. No common area to mingle. Thank you