Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

Not a hostel - a hotel with dorm rooms. Do stay here if you want a cheap hotel in a good location, do not if you want to socialise in a hostel environment,

So the staff were less than helpful in terms of their general attitude/hospitality. They seemed much more bothered on what they were distracting themselves with than their actual job. The hostel (more like hotel but not in a good way) was clean but I would say dingy and dated. The location for polk street which is quite lively is excellent, but you can easily wonder into the tenderloin. I moved to HI Downtown hostel- it's definitely worth the extra $15 a night.

Overall, a nice hostel. I had an issue with my key not working at 2am and front desk closes at 11pm and doesn't open until 9am. But other than that, my stat was nice.

Staff attitude was poor most of the time. Unwelcoming and distant. The security is good, but the facilities make it hard to interact with anyone, in addition to the poor wifi despite the advertisement. The bed was uncomfortable and squeaked a lot. It was a decent hostel, but I've had much better experiences at cheaper places. For what it's charged, I would not suggest it to anyone or consider coming back.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Very clean, nice and cozy. There are homeless people on the streets but if you get used to ignoring them it's ok. Make sure to bring a locker with you to lock your personal stuff in the storage places in every room. It is worth the money

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

the only big problem with that hostel in my opinion is that sometimes when we arrive there is no staff avaible to answer the door so we stay there waiting outisde without having a clue of whu nobody answers the door when we ring.

1 2 Next » last »