Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

Ignore any comments about this being the worst hostel in the world etc. Excellent location (it's a city so common sense is needed) extremely well decorated rooms which are cleaned daily, solid wifi and good security. More of a hotel than a hostel so think again if you want a common room/kitchen etc. We were on the upper floor and out much of the time, the music room noise was not an issue for us. I do agree that more toilets/showers ARE definitely required but we had no problems.

Not able to relax because of loud music! My main grievance with this place is that we constantly heard music all day long well past 11 p.m. because the hostel shares building space with a music studio that bands use to practice. When I say bands I mean drumms, electric guitars, and everything else. Loud! You can hear them from the rooms and from the hallways. Impossible to escape. Bring ear plugs if you're staying here. Bathrooms and showers were limited and some were closed.

• 4th Jun 2014

It is an okay place if you are staying for one or two nights and spending all day out exploring because you wouldn't want to be inside the hostel for long. Inside the room was not too bad but once I stepped out there is nothing that feels okay, even the toilets, though looks clean, wasn't pleasant. Again, it is alright if you just want somewhere cheap and safe to have your stuff while you go touring the city.

there was loud music most of the time in our room, I would say it was still acceptable except for tuesday evening (27.5) when it was very very loud music. if this band could change their rehearsal time in order to stop 30 min earlier (or turn down the volume quite a bit!) I think that would really be nice for the future guests in room 117.

Even though I had booking, but could not stay at this PALACE, because the her majesty manager said that they accept only credit card, which i did not take with myself. It is understandable, but there was no prior notice on this issue. The staff is rude. Not recommended

• 25th May 2014
  • Azerbaijan

Average hotel. The staff was extremely unfriendly.

Our door wouldnt shut properly because of the gap that wasnt fix well on the floor, when we went to tell the reception they say they would come to fix it but never came. So we always had to leave the door 'open' when we where sleeping or out. Otherwise, really comfy double bed in dorm, kitchen in the dorm really clean, really enjoy my stay except for the high price.

I felt very insecure in this hostel. I was sleeping in a 6 bed- all female- dorm. The room could hardly be closed and the lockers were tiny. It is also very easy to enter in the "Hostel" for non-customers. Same for the "luggage room", there is no verification when we take back our luggage. All of that made me feel very insecure during my stay. I would recommend the hostel to improve their security first, by not-so-expensive means. (For example use tags for the luggage room, put bigger lockers)

• 17th May 2014

I just booked because of your reviews. I travel around the world and this one is one of the worstest hostel I've seen. Negative: - dangerous bed if you have to sleep on the top. - too many beds for a small room. max. 4 beds! Not more! - ONLY 2 toilets on one floor for - I have to guest - 50 person? - BAD locations. Too many junkies on the street. The rest negative things you can take from the other reviews. And the price is too high. NEVER AGAIN

• 13th May 2014

A place to sleep at most. No common room, no kitchen. Tiny rooms though they had fridges in them. Reception not 24/7 better not get locked out!

This place is nice, not too far away from public transport or local shops great location. Staff were great very helpful room was great as well a small bar fridge and sink were in the room. Only down side is there is no common area for you to meet and mingle with other guests and every now and again you can hear the music from down stairs but that wasn't much of a problem for me when I stayed

This hostel was a good value for the money. Warning to the wise- Band practice ends at 11 PM! Otherwise, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and the staff were very helpful.

but then advance for a two day job only lasted a day. Would not refund me my money. Rest is all true. Very hot no air conditioning.only two showers flash restrooms

• 29th Apr 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and decent location

• 27th Apr 2014

Sure, it's old, but this is a great hostel for the money, in a decent location.

1 2 Next » last »