Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

My Samsung tablet was taken from the room along with a few of my other possessions, all of which I found in the outside garbage bins -except my tablet. I approached the manager who was reluctant to help and after avoiding my request to see the surveillance footage she confessed she didn't know how to replay it. She has not replied to any of my email queries since leaving the hostel. I would have liked to have given better feedback but under the circumstances I cannot recommend anyone stay here

There is a music studio in the Hostel basement and they play very loud music until 11 pm. Otherwise a OK hostel.

I usually don't write reviews but I'm doing so to help prevent the experience I had with this hostel. I booked my first night in San Francisco here because other hostels in better location were all rented out. DO NOT PARK ON THE STREET, and if so DO NOT leave anything visible in your car. It was impossible for me with an SUV with many belongings taken on a roadtrip. I only learned later how bad this location is with homeless everywhere. And the stairway in the hostel smelled like urine...

Nice spot in a fairly safe neighbourhood. Nice bathrooms & handy cheap laundry ($2 per wash or dry). Plenty of good pubs restaurants around. 1 guy at the desk really needs to work on his customer service skills however.. Not that he was rude, he just needs to be aware that it is him leading the check in/out process not us lol.. and speak up ffs!

Ignore any comments about this being the worst hostel in the world etc. Excellent location (it's a city so common sense is needed) extremely well decorated rooms which are cleaned daily, solid wifi and good security. More of a hotel than a hostel so think again if you want a common room/kitchen etc. We were on the upper floor and out much of the time, the music room noise was not an issue for us. I do agree that more toilets/showers ARE definitely required but we had no problems.

Not able to relax because of loud music! My main grievance with this place is that we constantly heard music all day long well past 11 p.m. because the hostel shares building space with a music studio that bands use to practice. When I say bands I mean drumms, electric guitars, and everything else. Loud! You can hear them from the rooms and from the hallways. Impossible to escape. Bring ear plugs if you're staying here. Bathrooms and showers were limited and some were closed.

• 4th Jun 2014

It is an okay place if you are staying for one or two nights and spending all day out exploring because you wouldn't want to be inside the hostel for long. Inside the room was not too bad but once I stepped out there is nothing that feels okay, even the toilets, though looks clean, wasn't pleasant. Again, it is alright if you just want somewhere cheap and safe to have your stuff while you go touring the city.

1 2 Next » last »