Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

It's a budget hotel. Though the facilities are a bit worn out, the two Chinese girl staff members are very helpful and friendly. The safety of the neighborhood is above average when considering other districts in SF.

People had their stuff (food, dishes, trash) all over the table and the kitchen. The wifi didn't really work. It was extremely hot during the night. I tried to open the window, but it was VERY difficult (room 101, the window to the fire staircase). I had the buttom bed just when you enter, and it was very annoying that I couldn't sit up in the bed, I would have to crawl in, and It was difficult to find stuff in my suitcase because I couldn't sit there.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Denmark

The hostel was not as good as other hostels on our trip through the US. The room was not very clean and the rest of the hostel had a funny smell. However, the bathrooms were very clean compared to that. What bothered me most was the staff. Maybe it's not really representative as we were in touch with only one guy of the staff, but he was kind of arrogant and not helpful at all, I felt as if I was bothering him... Nevertheless, the location is great, It's easy to get anywhere from there.

This hostel was the perfect place to stay while in LA. A short walk to Runyon Canyon to get the most breath taking view of the city. Was in close walking distance to public transportation and a super market. I would stay here again for sure.

A very basic hostel but the rooms were kept very clean as well as the bathroom. The rooms however did get very hot and the music downstairs was very loud even though it did not disturb me through the night. I thought the staff we're not the most welcoming or particularly friendly but overall the hostel was in a good location and had all the basic necessities.

• 11th Sep 2013

no kitchen

There were just two major concerns from our side durinig the stay in this hostel: only one working shower in 2 of the shared bathrooms on the floor and club at the ground floor where guys were rehearsing. Good thing they finished playing by 11 pm.

This hotel is probably one of the best hotels I ever been to during my stay in San Francisco.

• 28th Aug 2013

They only accepted cards. And My card was not working and then I don't accept cash And that's why have need to buy a credit card which charge 10 Dorlla.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Vietnam

We had the 4-female dorm room, with our own kitchen and bathroom. Quite spacious and I really enjoyed my stay!

This place has 3 mayor problems First, the staff is not friendly, they are not interested in helping you in any way, so don´t ask for tips about the city or even recomendations of tours! Second, the music at night: This place is just by a club or something, and there is a constant and permanent music ALL NIGTH LONG! Third, the place has no common area or kitchen, so if you want to eat breakfast (not included) or dinner at the hostel, you should seat on the stairs or into the room

Alright for the price.

The people behind the desk are not interested at all. The neighborhood is scary at night, and nobody warned for that. There is no common room. The beds are good to lie on, but the should have someone to re tighten all the screws, because some beds will fall apart between now and next month.

The place is ok, but they should notify us that there is a free music playing room downstairs and that we can hear EVERYTHING. Not good if you want to relax.

the staff is very kind

No kitchen or room to hang out at. Very unfriendly stuff! Just a few bathrooms but it worked out. Good public transportation access and free parking over night on the steet right in front of the hostel.

Great value for money. Area a bit rough at night, but lots of restaurants and bars and very close to California trolley bus line.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This is a gem for the location and price. The true definition of value!

• 13th Aug 2013

The girl at the reception is most unsmiling and unhelpful (totally indifferent)

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Greece

This place isn't anything fancy, but it served it's purpose as a place to sleep. The only complaint I have is that our keys didn't work to get into our room but luckily other people also stayed in our room and were able to open the room door. In fact everyone who was staying the room had their keys not work.

View all San Francisco Hostels