Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

This hostel was a good value for the money. Warning to the wise- Band practice ends at 11 PM! Otherwise, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and the staff were very helpful.

but then advance for a two day job only lasted a day. Would not refund me my money. Rest is all true. Very hot no air conditioning.only two showers flash restrooms

• 29th Apr 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and decent location

• 27th Apr 2014

Sure, it's old, but this is a great hostel for the money, in a decent location.

very nice place, had a 6bed room with just an swiss girl together for 4 nights ;) enjoyed my time

Just a few restrooms for all of the rooms.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Uruguay

Stayed in a private room, shared bathroom, reception floor. Enjoyed our stay here because it was clean, house keeping, fresh towels every day and a made bed. More if hostel feeling to the place because it's very old an kind of run down.. If you book it as a hotel you'll be disappointed, but if you book it with a hostel in mind you'll be surprised in a good way instead.

Update restrooms & check drainage more often

Overall it was good. They have a band studio below but they stop by 11 pm...overall pretty quiet. Easy walk to VanNess and you can jump on a bus right down to Fisherman's Wharf.. I will stay there again.

• 18th Jan 2014

Really good deal, downtown. The room could be more isolated (we heard everything that happened in our neighboor's room) but it was clean and comfortable.

Clean and friendly, Union Square in walking distance, affordable parking garage(s) around. Great stay!

My stay in this hostel was very poor. I didn't accept it like this but the staff was not very friendly and they didn't give me the feeling that I was there welcome. My room was more or less clean but it smelled but I think this is because the whole hostel is very old. I was happy to leave it after two nights.

• 6th Jan 2014

Music practice room is located in down stair. So It's very noise sometimes. But staffs are kind.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • South Korea

sketchy neighborhood (not Nob Hill, a few blocks away) but once inside - what a beautiful place! musical instruments on the walls, luxury bedcovers, TV in the room

I will go there again...

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

The hotel is kept clean and the bedrooms are cleaned each day. The shared facilities are kept clean and are absolutely fine for this type of accommodation. The music noise was not an issue in my room, though I could hear it on the corridor. But if you are not spending much time there is it absolutely not a problem. It was unseasonably cold when I was there and the room was a little on the cold side for some.

• 7th Dec 2013

The hostel and the staff are excellent !! It's very clean and the staff is pleasant and helpfull. It's a bit noisy because walls are like paper and they don't have common room, too bad to meet people. They also don't have kitchen...

This is old-fashioned hotel. Do not expect any lift - you will carry all your stuff up the narrow stairs. There is only one shared restroom per floor. Yes, they offer free coffee but only at the opening hours of the reception (like 9 am till 8 pm).

I liked those chines female staffs treatment n brien also was v fine. Ok nice sttay. I was there for my national association of realtors conference 6 to 11..but i extended for two more days. Property was ok without elevatore was prob but i had booked throughvhostleworld so i trusted it. Otherwise i couldvfetch much info abtcthe property prior to my arrival to hotel. I have idea abit next time deal i will come again. I appreciate sttaffs.music session was attack on my rest time if iwas to sleep.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Pakistan

Incredibly noisy due to bands practising downstairs. According to the hostel, the curfew is set at 11pm, but we frequently experienced noise untill well around midnight. Absolutely terrible! Also the shared facilities are annoying and often very dirty. Good location but terrible accomodation due to the ridiculously noisy neighbours.

• 28th Oct 2013