Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

I felt very insecure in this hostel. I was sleeping in a 6 bed- all female- dorm. The room could hardly be closed and the lockers were tiny. It is also very easy to enter in the "Hostel" for non-customers. Same for the "luggage room", there is no verification when we take back our luggage. All of that made me feel very insecure during my stay. I would recommend the hostel to improve their security first, by not-so-expensive means. (For example use tags for the luggage room, put bigger lockers)

• 17th May 2014

I just booked because of your reviews. I travel around the world and this one is one of the worstest hostel I've seen. Negative: - dangerous bed if you have to sleep on the top. - too many beds for a small room. max. 4 beds! Not more! - ONLY 2 toilets on one floor for - I have to guest - 50 person? - BAD locations. Too many junkies on the street. The rest negative things you can take from the other reviews. And the price is too high. NEVER AGAIN

• 13th May 2014

A place to sleep at most. No common room, no kitchen. Tiny rooms though they had fridges in them. Reception not 24/7 better not get locked out!

This place is nice, not too far away from public transport or local shops great location. Staff were great very helpful room was great as well a small bar fridge and sink were in the room. Only down side is there is no common area for you to meet and mingle with other guests and every now and again you can hear the music from down stairs but that wasn't much of a problem for me when I stayed

This hostel was a good value for the money. Warning to the wise- Band practice ends at 11 PM! Otherwise, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and the staff were very helpful.

but then advance for a two day job only lasted a day. Would not refund me my money. Rest is all true. Very hot no air conditioning.only two showers flash restrooms

• 29th Apr 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and decent location

• 27th Apr 2014

Sure, it's old, but this is a great hostel for the money, in a decent location.

very nice place, had a 6bed room with just an swiss girl together for 4 nights ;) enjoyed my time

Just a few restrooms for all of the rooms.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Uruguay

Stayed in a private room, shared bathroom, reception floor. Enjoyed our stay here because it was clean, house keeping, fresh towels every day and a made bed. More if hostel feeling to the place because it's very old an kind of run down.. If you book it as a hotel you'll be disappointed, but if you book it with a hostel in mind you'll be surprised in a good way instead.

Update restrooms & check drainage more often

Overall it was good. They have a band studio below but they stop by 11 pm...overall pretty quiet. Easy walk to VanNess and you can jump on a bus right down to Fisherman's Wharf.. I will stay there again.

• 18th Jan 2014

Really good deal, downtown. The room could be more isolated (we heard everything that happened in our neighboor's room) but it was clean and comfortable.

Clean and friendly, Union Square in walking distance, affordable parking garage(s) around. Great stay!

My stay in this hostel was very poor. I didn't accept it like this but the staff was not very friendly and they didn't give me the feeling that I was there welcome. My room was more or less clean but it smelled but I think this is because the whole hostel is very old. I was happy to leave it after two nights.

• 6th Jan 2014

Music practice room is located in down stair. So It's very noise sometimes. But staffs are kind.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • South Korea

sketchy neighborhood (not Nob Hill, a few blocks away) but once inside - what a beautiful place! musical instruments on the walls, luxury bedcovers, TV in the room

I will go there again...

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

The hotel is kept clean and the bedrooms are cleaned each day. The shared facilities are kept clean and are absolutely fine for this type of accommodation. The music noise was not an issue in my room, though I could hear it on the corridor. But if you are not spending much time there is it absolutely not a problem. It was unseasonably cold when I was there and the room was a little on the cold side for some.

• 7th Dec 2013