Encore Express Hotel/Hostel Reviews

1353 Bush Street, San Francisco CA, San Francisco, USA

We had the 4-female dorm room, with our own kitchen and bathroom. Quite spacious and I really enjoyed my stay!

This place has 3 mayor problems First, the staff is not friendly, they are not interested in helping you in any way, so don´t ask for tips about the city or even recomendations of tours! Second, the music at night: This place is just by a club or something, and there is a constant and permanent music ALL NIGTH LONG! Third, the place has no common area or kitchen, so if you want to eat breakfast (not included) or dinner at the hostel, you should seat on the stairs or into the room

Alright for the price.

The people behind the desk are not interested at all. The neighborhood is scary at night, and nobody warned for that. There is no common room. The beds are good to lie on, but the should have someone to re tighten all the screws, because some beds will fall apart between now and next month.

The place is ok, but they should notify us that there is a free music playing room downstairs and that we can hear EVERYTHING. Not good if you want to relax.

the staff is very kind

No kitchen or room to hang out at. Very unfriendly stuff! Just a few bathrooms but it worked out. Good public transportation access and free parking over night on the steet right in front of the hostel.

Great value for money. Area a bit rough at night, but lots of restaurants and bars and very close to California trolley bus line.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This is a gem for the location and price. The true definition of value!

• 13th Aug 2013

The girl at the reception is most unsmiling and unhelpful (totally indifferent)

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Greece

This place isn't anything fancy, but it served it's purpose as a place to sleep. The only complaint I have is that our keys didn't work to get into our room but luckily other people also stayed in our room and were able to open the room door. In fact everyone who was staying the room had their keys not work.

Very poor hostel. Arrived on first night having told them that we will be late, only to be told my booking was 'lost'. Had to find a new place at 1am. Went the next day and my booking was there, the guy who I rang just could not be bothered to find it. No apology for the stress it caused. No common room.

Mostly it was fine. Wasn't the cleanest place and a few times I had to use the shared bathroom it wasn't in a great state.

There is no real hostel atmosphere because it´s missing a common area for people to interact.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Mexico

It would be nice for the hostel to have a common area to hang around because the rooms are too small. It think for the size of the rooms, the cost of the night is pricy.

This is neither a hostel nor a hotel. There's no real common area or cooking facilities, but you also don't get your own bathroom. We only dealt with one staff member during our stay (but saw others around, I'm only commenting on the one we had interactions with. didn't get her name unfortunately) but she was pretty unhelpful. In the first room we were given the bed was absolutely awful, seriously it literally as hard as the floor. Thankfully we were moved. Good location, poor staff.

Hostel is very good, I would go there again. Nice rooms and location is also not bed. Only staff is very poor, nobody remembers you and except one nice man they are not kind.

Great place to stay!

Good choise if you are on a budget

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

Great location and clean rooms. My key card didn't work for the shower room, and could never find a staff member around to ask about it...not a huge deal though. Other than that i had a great stay and would recommend it to friends.

View all San Francisco Hostels